MM RNG Bots Report system gold ammo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

Darkshadow556 #1 Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16084 battles
  • [681] 681

Welcome to a thread where I will list all of the things that make the game worse.

Edited for Multicore support.
Match Making

While getting put at the bottom of the list can be frustrating it is not what makes the game worse.
A skilled player can dish out dmg and perform his role even when he is the lowest tier.
What is really the thing that messes with the game is the skill factor.
For the last 7-8 days I have been on a lose streak like no other and it doesn't matter how well I play.
I am 1 player there are 14 others that pretty much dictate the outcome of the game.

I had a game where i was toptier in my IS-2 and it was mostly tier 7.
I ended up doing 4670 dmg and getting 6 kills.
My team? Well they failed miserably.The end result - getting my Mastery badge Ace on a lose.

There was also a game where I did 1600 in my T-25 and my team lost, again.
It is really a shame the MM stacks the odds so heavily on the other team that you cannot carry.

RNG The random number generator

From shells going all over the fully aimed circle to not penetrating the side of a tier 6 with 250 pen.
Its the well known RNG, this thing completely destroys the skill factor, it is not how good you aim or where you aim for that matter.
It is pure randomness TM that decides what happens.
It decides how much pen you have it decides if you will hit and it decides how  much dmg the shot will do if it pens.
The pen changes go from -25%/25%+.
Now that might sound like a little change but it is not.

BOTS - AI grinders of credits and XP

Responsible for the amount of bad players that reach the high tiers of the game.
Bots handicap the bad team even more.Because if the tank is driven by a monkey it will still do something, I don't care drive into the enemy team if you want you will at the very least spot them so we can put down some fire.
The bot, it chills in the base looking at the beautiful sky, if it is more sophisticated it might even drive and shoot, but those are not free so we have a tank sitting in the base, probably top tier that will just stay there.
How did WG fix the issue? Well they really didn't do much. Bots explode at the end of the game, oh yeah that really stops people from botting.
In the end you get a player that just free xp-s his way to tier 10 and has no idea what he is doing.

Gold ammo.
You have no idea where to shoot at this new tank that you have never seen?
Cool story bro just load gold and auto aim.
The number of times players just switch to gold because they have no idea where to shoot at my tank is just too damn high.
Amx M4, cant pen me because he does not know where to shoot, loads gold and goes trough the upper glacis.
Gold ammo makes tank with armor USELESS, because weakspot don't matter any more as the enemy can just load gold and auto aim you.

MultiCore Support.
Almost all new gaming PCs and laptops and pretty much everything new runs on either Quad cores and even Octacores.
Wot is probably the only game with no multicore support.

Getting massive $$ from its players every year they have still not developed it.
And they are not going to do it soon.
Too busy making T-62A Sport :D
Balance

Well this one is almost self explanatory but oh well might as well talk about all the broken tanks.
1. KV-1s- The most popular tanks of tier 6.
People really think that it is the gun that makes the tank broken, well that and other things.
It carries over the armor of the KV-1, that armor can bounce a lot, it might say 75 but the angles are all over the place.
The tank is faster than an IS-2 and that is a tier 7.
It carries a good gun with a ton of penetration, a ton of alpha dmg, and good armor to protect it from most shots that don't hit the weakspots.
And the tank has reasonably good gun depression, something chinese tanks suffer from.
People have been threading for a nerf since I am playing and it is supposed to get nerfed SOONTM , but it will not lose the 122 mm :trollface:.
KV-1- The nastiest tier 5 heavy out there, it packs 75 frontal and 75 side armor, meaning. just put it at a 45 degree and the front and side are equally strong.
This tank has over 185 mm of effective armor on its mantlet, and no observation devices, so if it goes hulldown the only things that might actually go trough that are a ARL44,ARL44 v39, Tiger H and P,and tier 7 tds.Tier 5 tanks are out of the question.
Yeah, working as intended.

ISU-152 

Boom they dead, is what describes this tank perfectly.
286 pen 750-950 dmg per shot.

This lovely little td carries the gun its tier 9 inheritor.
When top tier it does not take a lot of skill to play it.
Stay hidden behind a bush and keep solid cover around you just in case you get spotted after shooting the BL-10.
So if you don't have half a brain and don't expose yourself to enemy fire, well you are good.
From there it is a point and click adventure, no need to aim against anything else other than E-75,E-100,IS-7,ST-I,M103.
With those you might actually want to look at weakspots .Or you can always just shoot GOOOLD ammo.

T-34-2 and T-34-3 The strange pair
I am not sure what WG was thinking here, T-34-2 is actually worse than the premium T-34-3.
Didn't they actually say premiums should be "worse than a fully upgraded tank, but better than a stock one"
Well I call BS on this, t-34-2 has a 122 with worse accuracy and lower ROF than the premium one, it also has worse overall armor.
Both on the turret and the hull.
GG WG nice balance you got there.

IF you think anything needs to be fixed feel free to post, and please read before going all "oh look, butthurt"
it only makes you look absurd :D

Edited by Darkshadow556, 22 June 2014 - 02:39 PM.

EdvinE20 #2 Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 33117 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
You didn't mention multicore support :smile:

prelate7 #3 Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2900 battles
In most cases list is ok, but I would leave the RNG - just nerf +/-25% values to let's say... 15% or 10%.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I roughly agree with what you said, but there is one thing that especially the "better" players don't understand:

You are not meant to be able to carry a match!

As soon as you understand that and start to simply do your best instead of having that "I HAVE TO CARRY!"-mantra floating around in your head all the time, you'll be able to play with a little less frustration.

hedi2222 #5 Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29189 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
you basically gathered every single topic of a whine thread and presented them to us in a nother more detailed and less umad manner ... nothing new .

Selous #6 Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 30220 battles

If you are a parent of young children who go to other kids parties , or you host parties for your kid/s , you will know that at these parties theur are games like `pass the parcel` or ` musical chairs` where the kids get prizes . Anyone hosting or taking kids to these parties knows that the trick is to ensure that every kid gets a prize regardless of skill so that all kids go home happy with their prize thinking that they are special and good at something.

This is how WG treat WoT , everyone wins something and goes home thinking that they are good at tanks.

They do it using the RNG / SAS (server assigned skill) so that little Jonny rotten tomato sometimes , with the aid of the server, manages to kill someone far better then him / in a bigger tank. This makes Jonny rotten tomato think he is better then he actually is. If you can convince people that they are good at a game they will play more and be more inclined to spend money on the game.

This is no secret , in beta Victor explained how and why the "randomness" works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The biggest trick WG ever played was convincing players that the number generator is random

divinity_123 #7 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10485 battles

1. MM

Show me how the expectation of win rate generated by MM is unfair.

BTW, you are not dealing enough damage in most of the tanks you play. You do not even have the amount of damage to meet the hp level of a heavy tank of your own tier.

2. RNG

DO you remember the patch 8.6 where they changed the shell spread to 2 standard deviation from 1.3? In the end, you generally shoot with 20% more accuracy now.

You are hitting only 63% of your shots in your hellcat and 74% in your pershing. I do not think it is all due to RNG.

Regarding fluctuation of penetration, I can safely tell you, if you do aim at weakspots, you can easily penetrate even if you get -25% penetration. Just check out the armor schemes to verify my point.

I will just give you a few examples here. The nasty foch has only 150mm armor on his mini turret and 180 on the hatch.

On of the best heavy tank, the E100 has only 233mm effective armor at his lower armor plate.

3. Bots

I do not see that many bots but only bad players. That is a different issue altogether.

4. Gold ammo

Amx M4 1945 has 212 penetration with its top gun. It can punch through upper armor plate of tier 8 heavy pretty easily.

5. Multicore

Learn some programming yourself. Multi-thread programming is not widely implemented in any fields at all because of its engineering difficulties.

You do not even know if you have changed a shared variable by one thread from the other, or access the address in the memory reliably by multiple threads. If you know what I am saying...

6. Balance

Maybe you should show some better results in your hellcat to prove your point?

divinity_123 #8 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10485 battles

View PostSelous, on 22 June 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

If you are a parent of young children who go to other kids parties , or you host parties for your kid/s , you will know that at these parties theur are games like `pass the parcel` or ` musical chairs` where the kids get prizes . Anyone hosting or taking kids to these parties knows that the trick is to ensure that every kid gets a prize regardless of skill so that all kids go home happy with their prize thinking that they are special and good at something.

This is how WG treat WoT , everyone wins something and goes home thinking that they are good at tanks.

They do it using the RNG / SAS (server assigned skill) so that little Jonny rotten tomato sometimes , with the aid of the server, manages to kill someone far better then him / in a bigger tank. This makes Jonny rotten tomato think he is better then he actually is. If you can convince people that they are good at a game they will play more and be more inclined to spend money on the game.

This is no secret , in beta Victor explained how and why the "randomness" works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The biggest trick WG ever played was convincing players that the number generator is random

Convince me otherwise. Show me some real statistical analysis other than just making claims like everyone else do.

Masquerade717 #9 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 3088 battles
Pure BS about the KV-1. I went with my 144 pen on the Su-85B straight through its frontal turret

Darkshadow556 #10 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16084 battles
  • [681] 681

View Postdivinity_123, on 22 June 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

1. MM

Show me how the expectation of win rate generated by MM is unfair.

BTW, you are not dealing enough damage in most of the tanks you play. You do not even have the amount of damage to meet the hp level of a heavy tank of your own tier.

2. RNG

DO you remember the patch 8.6 where they changed the shell spread to 2 standard deviation from 1.3? In the end, you generally shoot with 20% more accuracy now.

You are hitting only 63% of your shots in your hellcat and 74% in your pershing. I do not think it is all due to RNG.

Regarding fluctuation of penetration, I can safely tell you, if you do aim at weakspots, you can easily penetrate even if you get -25% penetration. Just check out the armor schemes to verify my point.

I will just give you a few examples here. The nasty foch has only 150mm armor on his mini turret and 180 on the hatch.

On of the best heavy tank, the E100 has only 233mm effective armor at his lower armor plate.

3. Bots

I do not see that many bots but only bad players. That is a different issue altogether.

4. Gold ammo

Amx M4 1945 has 212 penetration with its top gun. It can punch through upper armor plate of tier 8 heavy pretty easily.

5. Multicore

Learn some programming yourself. Multi-thread programming is not widely implemented in any fields at all because of its engineering difficulties.

You do not even know if you have changed a shared variable by one thread from the other, or access the address in the memory reliably by multiple threads. If you know what I am saying...

6. Balance

Maybe you should show some better results in your hellcat to prove your point?

Hellcat hellcat hellcat, It was a tank I played when I sucked at the game, like you know everyone who is new at playing it.
If 4670 dmg in a tier 7 tank is not enough then please explain how much is.
Pershing was my first tier 8 tank and my first medium that could not penetrate the frontal armor of the tank it faced.
Had to learn to flank in it.
Tiger 2 has 230+ effective armor on its upper frontal, I know how to angle a tank mate.
I asked if it was gold ammo and he confirmed.
Are you done looking at stats?
Or have you never had a lose streak in all those 6k battles?

divinity_123 #11 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10485 battles

View PostDarkshadow556, on 22 June 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

Hellcat hellcat hellcat, It was a tank I played when I sucked at the game, like you know everyone who is new at playing it.
If 4670 dmg in a tier 7 tank is not enough then please explain how much is.
Pershing was my first tier 8 tank and my first medium that could not penetrate the frontal armor of the tank it faced.
Had to learn to flank in it.
Tiger 2 has 230+ effective armor on its upper frontal, I know how to angle a tank mate.
I asked if it was gold ammo and he confirmed.
Are you done looking at stats?
Or have you never had a lose streak in all those 6k battles?

If you consistently deal around 1.5k damage or more per game in your IS-2 then you would be able to carry your games. But sadly, you have only 1122.

One good game tells only a little, especially with the much hated RNG as you have described.

Tier 8 medium tanks are not supposed to penetrate frontal armor of tier 8 heavy that easily anyways.

You are dealing 1068 damage in your t-34-2, the more recent tank, which is not much better after all.

So tell me if that is really the problem of the tank, the rng, or any of the things you think are broken now.

But the other player could attack from higher ground, or just make use of the RNG.

The effective armor is a relative value associated to the angle of your armor, and it seems that you know how it works well.

So I do not have to go into the details how a player could negate your efforts to angle it.

You are the player get hit in the upper armor plate anyways.

I thought heavy tanks should side scrap all the times to reduce the chance getting penetrated, instead of showing his frontal armor at all?

WOW since when I quoted your win rate or efficiency? I basically have found inconsistency in your statements and the real game data from your own account.

I do have losing streaks in my games, but I think it is a combination of my poor performance and bad luck. However, I still have kept a healthy win rate despite having losing streaks like you do.

Edited by divinity_123, 22 June 2014 - 03:22 PM.

A_Hardy_Buck #12 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 4220 battles
Waffles, 183s and Rheinmetals are what's making WOT a worse game 

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

KV-1 is a great tank, but it's also slow as molasses. And it does lose it's observation device pretty often.

I agree KV-1S is unbalanced as heck. There shouldn't be a tank that makes most other tanks on the same tier look like clowns with it's gun. Yet for some reason, WG also decided to give it also great mobility so you can better flank and move up to enemy tanks and BOOOM! them away. And a platoon of KV-1S? LOL GG.

The only thing making KV-1S less dangerous is the sheer amount of tomatoes that play it: People who shoot once and then wait in the open 13 seconds to reload, without pulling to cover etc.

Selous #14 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 30220 battles

View Postdivinity_123, on 22 June 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Convince me otherwise. Show me some real statistical analysis other than just making claims like everyone else do.

Players get rewarded by WG for filling their coffers , it does make one wonder what a players stats would be like on original account with no money spent compared to a reroll acc that obviously has had a lot of money spent on aquiring stats to squeal about ?

Darkshadow556 #15 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16084 battles
  • [681] 681

View Postdivinity_123, on 22 June 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

If you consistently deal around 1.5k damage or more per game in your IS-2 then you would be able to carry your games. But sadly, you have only 1122.

One good game tells only a little, especially with the much hated RNG as you have described.

Tier 8 medium tanks are not supposed to penetrate frontal armor of tier 8 heavy that easily anyways.

You are dealing 1068 damage in your t-34-2, the more recent tank, which is not much better after all.

So tell me if that is really the problem of the tank, the rng, or any of the things you think are broken now.

But the other player could attack from higher ground, or just make use of the RNG.

The effective armor is a relative value associated to the angle of your armor, and it seems that you know how it works well.

So I do not have to go into the details how a player could negate your efforts to angle it.

You are the player get hit in the upper armor plate anyways.

I thought heavy tanks should side scrap all the times to reduce the chance getting penetrated, instead of showing his frontal armor at all?

WOW since when I quoted your win rate or efficiency? I basically have found inconsistency in your statements and the real game data from your own account.

I do have losing streaks in my games, but I think it is a combination of my poor performance and bad luck. However, I still have kept a healthy win rate despite having losing streaks like you do.

Ok.Here we go back to the tiger 2 situation.
I was on a sidescrape angle actually, but I was fighting more than one opponent, there was a t34 and a AMX m4.
I presented a duller angle at the T34 so I don't get penned by his gun, because it is a nasty gun.
The m4 could only see the upper armor, the lower was well hidden.
He was not using higher ground nor was he shooting at the LFG.
He shot trough the UFG.
The t34 was ofcourse bouncing of the side.
I played the T-34-2 stock, look at the gun it has then we can talk again k?
You keep talking about stats and I am starting to get the impression you have not read the original topic.
If you like losing 100 games in a row then that is fine, if you like having bots in your team that is also fine.
If you like having shots go all over the place that is cool too.
I mean everything is cool, srsly.
But note to you. T-34-2 is set on fire from the first hit it takes, so unless you hang back, and I mean way back can you do a lot of dmg.
If the enemy shows their side armor and if you hit it.
My point is that these things negate skill factor from the game by a lot.
It removes planning ahead.
You can always speculate. If the shot penetrated, if it hit, if it did full dmg, if if if if if if if.
IF the track does not eat a shell, because that is perfectly legit.
So you are not talking about efficiency but are looking at the dmg I do per game and how many of my shots hit?
So you are not looking at my stats while looking at my stats? O.O

Edited by Darkshadow556, 22 June 2014 - 03:43 PM.

Fullgatsu #16 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14420 battles

View PostSelous, on 22 June 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

Players get rewarded by WG for filling their coffers , it does make one wonder what a players stats would be like on original account with no money spent compared to a reroll acc that obviously has had a lot of money spent on aquiring stats to squeal about ?

Except you know all the less then 1k battles players that buy tier 8 premiums because they mostly get terrible stats instead. Don't WG like their money?

Edited by Fullgatsu, 22 June 2014 - 03:54 PM.

Private_Miros #17 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Best Lay-out EU.

1. Is just a standard whine (why is the world/WG/MM/illuminati against me);

2. I agree on lesser RNG, but the whine that you use as example seems more like spaced armor / tracks eating HEAT / aiming badly and shell going under the tank than RNG;

3. Bots > bad players for your team.

4. Reform would be welcomed, but again far from what you describe.

5. Agreed.

6. Balance against has points that can improve, but not the one you make. Hellcat > KV-1S; T49 and T1HT are many times better than the KV-1, Borsig with stock gun is far better than ISU-152.

7. I don't know about T-34-2, but T-34-3 is utter crap. You also mention armor. Slightly better paper than bad paper is pretty irrelevant.

And, again, best lay-out EU.

Hedgehog1963 #18 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50594 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostDarkshadow556, on 22 June 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

For the last 7-8 days I have been on a lose streak like no other and it doesn't matter how well I play.

Looked for it. Found it.  Stopped reading after that.

divinity_123 #19 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10485 battles

View PostSelous, on 22 June 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

Just lmao, check out these two topics:

http://forum.worldof...g/page__st__300

http://forum.worldof...st__300#topmost

BTW I do not have to play 600+ e50 games or shoot any gold to get about twice of your damage. You can check out how much credits I earn in the second topic or here:

http://www.vbaddict....rmany-1/e-50-40

Darkshadow556 #20 Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16084 battles
  • [681] 681

View Postdivinity_123, on 22 June 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

BTW I do not have to play 600+ e50 games or shoot any gold to get about twice of your damage. You can check out how much credits I earn in the second topic or here:

Can you please explain what you just wrote?
e50 is a tier 9 medium, and those two links you send me are just two other threads.

View Postdivinity_123, on 22 June 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

You are getting me really confused there, first of you have every premium tank in the game by the looks of your profile, second you are a unicum if you are trying to make me feel bad about the way I play you are not succeeding.
Thirdly you pulled e-50 out of the blue, I can no longer find any connection in what you are saying Mr. Unicum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users