Jump to content


Why Wargaming hide game alghoritms?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Alfabravozero #1 Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 51533 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    03-04-2013
Why Wargaming refuse to explain how game alghoritms work?

revolucionare #2 Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19699 battles
  • 303
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013
What is this?I don't even

Oldum #3 Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5145 battles
  • 353
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011

View PostAlfabravozero, on 01 July 2014 - 10:21 PM, said:

Why Wargaming refuse to explain how game alghoritms work?


Factory secrets ... If you make something noone esle did before, and you don't really want anyone to be able to copy it, you wouldn't just tell everyone how it works ... I guess :D



elFred #4 Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24042 battles
  • 4,143
  • [BIMA] BIMA
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
Cause they havn't figured yet how they work.

Oldum #5 Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5145 battles
  • 353
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011

View PostelFred, on 02 July 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

Cause they havn't figured yet how they work.

 

Or that ... yepp .. this could work :D



Alfabravozero #6 Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 51533 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    03-04-2013

View PostelFred, on 02 July 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

Cause they havn't figured yet how they work.


Yes, you are probably right....:tongue:



Experthost #7 Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:22 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 63229 battles
  • 62
  • [RO-XP] RO-XP
  • Member since:
    03-10-2013

Another hudge problem that new commers should take care of is the fact that at tier X, with a standard account you really have to be the Mighty one to have positive credits balance at the end of the batlle.

Fact:

Foch 155, 5200dmg, 4 kills, no gold used (prem ammo) => credits: - (~)4,000. So, what should a tier X tank achieve to get positive credits balance WITHOUT BUYING PREMIUM ACCOUNT ? Oh, great, you'll tell me to get a premium tank so you can play further with highest tier in game but in this case, the game is still "free to play" as WG claims to be ? Isn't it an horrible lie ? I really don' remember to see somewhere similar explanation regarding the amount of damage you have to deal to earn credits in T10 battles. Should we expect numbers over 7-8k ? Yucks !! ...



RogDodgeUK #8 Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

    Player

  • Player
  • 10827 battles
  • 1,627
  • Member since:
    01-19-2013
moved to off-topic

ArrNgee #9 Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28286 battles
  • 851
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostExperthost, on 06 July 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Another hudge problem that new commers should take care of is the fact that at tier X, with a standard account you really have to be the Mighty one to have positive credits balance at the end of the batlle.

Fact:

Foch 155, 5200dmg, 4 kills, no gold used (prem ammo) => credits: - (~)4,000. So, what should a tier X tank achieve to get positive credits balance WITHOUT BUYING PREMIUM ACCOUNT ? Oh, great, you'll tell me to get a premium tank so you can play further with highest tier in game but in this case, the game is still "free to play" as WG claims to be ? Isn't it an horrible lie ? I really don' remember to see somewhere similar explanation regarding the amount of damage you have to deal to earn credits in T10 battles. Should we expect numbers over 7-8k ? Yucks !! ...

L2p, I made profits in tier 10 w/o premium account, not much, but it wasn't unbearable to play it 



1ncompetenc3 #10 Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36867 battles
  • 11,489
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostExperthost, on 06 July 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Another hudge problem that new commers should take care of is the fact that at tier X, with a standard account you really have to be the Mighty one to have positive credits balance at the end of the batlle.

Fact:

Foch 155, 5200dmg, 4 kills, no gold used (prem ammo) => credits: - (~)4,000. So, what should a tier X tank achieve to get positive credits balance WITHOUT BUYING PREMIUM ACCOUNT ? Oh, great, you'll tell me to get a premium tank so you can play further with highest tier in game but in this case, the game is still "free to play" as WG claims to be ? Isn't it an horrible lie ? I really don' remember to see somewhere similar explanation regarding the amount of damage you have to deal to earn credits in T10 battles. Should we expect numbers over 7-8k ? Yucks !! ...

 

It's harder to make a profit in tier X than lower tiers, but it's far from impossible. Besides doing damage and not wasting shells, the most important thing is staying alive so you don't end up with 25k+ repair costs. Even a Deathstar firing mostly HESH can make a profit.

You don't need premium tanks to grind credits either even if you never make a profit in tier X; just play a regular lower tier tank. Hell, the increased service cost of tier X is there specifically to encourage this, in order to keep the mid-tiers populated.

 

And yes, the game is still free to play. Maybe you should look up what the term actually means.



John_Preston #11 Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 17436 battles
  • 6,373
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012

View PostExperthost, on 06 July 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Another hudge problem that new commers should take care of is the fact that at tier X, with a standard account you really have to be the Mighty one to have positive credits balance at the end of the batlle.

Fact:

Foch 155, 5200dmg, 4 kills, no gold used (prem ammo) => credits: - (~)4,000. So, what should a tier X tank achieve to get positive credits balance WITHOUT BUYING PREMIUM ACCOUNT ? Oh, great, you'll tell me to get a premium tank so you can play further with highest tier in game but in this case, the game is still "free to play" as WG claims to be ? Isn't it an horrible lie ? I really don' remember to see somewhere similar explanation regarding the amount of damage you have to deal to earn credits in T10 battles. Should we expect numbers over 7-8k ? Yucks !! ...


- You think that the people who made this game are working for free? Of course WG wants to make money, it's a company after all.

 

- You don't have to paly to be able to play the game. - so yes, it's free to play.

 

- You don't have to buy premium to be competitive. Premium only lets you progress faster, there are no pay to win fatures in this game.

 

- It's actually a good idea to make playing higher tiers cost more. Apart from the obvious money making reasons, it forces you to grind money, thus keeps low tiers populated. If you could make good money in your Foch 155, why would you play anyhing else?



Experthost #12 Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 63229 battles
  • 62
  • [RO-XP] RO-XP
  • Member since:
    03-10-2013

View PostVonnis, on 06 July 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

 

It's harder to make a profit in tier X than lower tiers, but it's far from impossible. Besides doing damage and not wasting shells, the most important thing is staying alive so you don't end up with 25k+ repair costs. Even a Deathstar firing mostly HESH can make a profit.

You don't need premium tanks to grind credits either even if you never make a profit in tier X; just play a regular lower tier tank. Hell, the increased service cost of tier X is there specifically to encourage this, in order to keep the mid-tiers populated.

 

And yes, the game is still free to play. Maybe you should look up what the term actually means.

Mate, I know from self experience that is possible to get profit in T10 battles (T92, bc(s) or even FV shooting HEAT) but what's the percentage to get to the end of the battle alive or will small dmg received ? If so, it means you have to play like a pu$$y, hide and be oportunistic instead going to fight and help the others. It makes sense and reveals the way most of players are playing this way and most of the time ending in loss. That's why you might see HT camping up tp 150m behind TDs or meds sniping behind HT. If that's normal, fine, I must reconsider the values of the game and the meaning of "team play".

So, the 1st lesson in WorldOfcrap: stay hidden, be selfish, don't give a damn about the others and take every battle as target practicing (shooting ducks)!

--

In the example above, 13 shots fired, 11 on target, 9 pens, 5208 dmg, 4 kills (credits spent: 9409 - repairs, 25520 - ammo, 3000 - consumables; credits received:34,213, balance: - 3,716), survived. I don't have foch155 in garage but I got the screenshots from a clan mate.



1ncompetenc3 #13 Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36867 battles
  • 11,489
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostExperthost, on 06 July 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Mate, I know from self experience that is possible to get profit in T10 battles (T92, bc(s) or even FV shooting HEAT) but what's the percentage to get to the end of the battle alive or will small dmg received ? If so, it means you have to play like a pu$$y, hide and be oportunistic instead going to fight and help the others. It makes sense and reveals the way most of players are playing this way and most of the time ending in loss. That's why you might see HT camping up tp 150m behind TDs or meds sniping behind HT. If that's normal, fine, I must reconsider the values of the game and the meaning of "team play".

So, the 1st lesson in WorldOfcrap: stay hidden, be selfish, don't give a damn about the others and take every battle as target practicing (shooting ducks)!

--

In the example above, 13 shots fired, 11 on target, 9 pens, 5208 dmg, 4 kills (credits spent: 9409 - repairs, 25520 - ammo, 3000 - consumables; credits received:34,213, balance: - 3,716), survived. I don't have foch155 in garage but I got the screenshots from a clan mate.

 

You must be quite the potato if you actually believe staying alive is only possible by hiding in the back. :facepalm:



John_Preston #14 Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 17436 battles
  • 6,373
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012

View PostVonnis, on 06 July 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

 

You must be quite the potato if you actually believe staying alive is only possible by hiding in the back. :facepalm:


Ofc it is the only way. that's what unicorns always do! They just hide behind arty in their E 50Ms and camp. :P


Edited by John_Preston, 06 July 2014 - 03:50 PM.


1ncompetenc3 #15 Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36867 battles
  • 11,489
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostJohn_Preston, on 06 July 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:


Ofc it is the only way. that's what unicorns always do! They just hide behind arty in their E 50Ms and camp. :P

 

Ah yes, and that's not even mentioning their aim bots. :tongue:



John_Preston #16 Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 17436 battles
  • 6,373
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012

View PostVonnis, on 06 July 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

 

Ah yes, and that's not even mentioning their aim bots. :tongue:

shhhh! We don't want every bob to know about these secrets. ;)



1ncompetenc3 #17 Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36867 battles
  • 11,489
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostJohn_Preston, on 06 July 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

shhhh! We don't want every bob to know about these secrets. ;)

 

Sowwey. :hiding:



Shaka_D #18 Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 37657 battles
  • 3,761
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010

View PostOldum, on 02 July 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:


Factory secrets ... If you make something noone esle did before, and you don't really want anyone to be able to copy it, you wouldn't just tell everyone how it works ... I guess :D


But if they have a patent on it does it really matter to keep it secret?


Edited by jinx_uk, 07 July 2014 - 10:12 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users