Jump to content


Event Recap – Tankfest 2014 at the Tank Museum in Bovington


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,680
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Let’s look back on another amazing Tankfest with Wargaming.net!

Full news text


wsatnutter #2 Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 24723 battles
  • 7,438
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
it was a great weekend and well supported see you in 2015

Yvonmukluk #3 Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7207 battles
  • 11
  • [2PAC] 2PAC
  • Member since:
    09-04-2011

Tankfest was pretty great.

 

No mention of the fact they'd run out of goodie bags by Sunday morning though-I was there at about 11 and all they had left were keychains-maybe bring some more next year.



Chill_Bro #4 Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 48279 battles
  • 29
  • [TAC] TAC
  • Member since:
    08-31-2012

Just a couple of things to say before I tell you all what a great day out it was.

 

1. I only saw a post that confirmed WG were to attend the Tankfest 2014 event (held on 28th & 29th June 2014) actually on Saturday (28th June). I would have thought it would have been better to give us about an extra months notice that you WOULD be attending and then tankers could make plans to meet & chat to the WG crew?

 

2. I agree with Yvonmukluk that more WG Goodies should have been brought with you to prevent the disappointed look on fellow tankers eager beaming faces...

 

3. I know the availability to play "Unlimited Tier" tanks is wonderful, but isn't there a way to limit kiddies 'play time' to maybe one battle, then re-queue to play again (so that everyone has a chance to try some Mega Beasties out?)

 

Yes, it was a great day out on Sunday the 29th. Have you any photographs taken on that date?

 

Many thanks & we will see you in 2015...



Haacksaw #5 Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 21655 battles
  • 21
  • [-HOG-] -HOG-
  • Member since:
    10-07-2010

Yep, Great weekend. The fact that there is a picture of me on the WoT website talking to Ectar and the Challenger at the same time is even better!

 

Thanks to the Tank Museum, Wargaming employees and the WoT community for making this a great weekend!

 

 



guest273 #6 Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 35394 battles
  • 2,261
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

So I was reading:

 

Wargaming.net CEO Victor Victor Kislyi was available to hand over the proceeds from our recent Boost for Bovington premium shop special. In total our players raised €75,000. Well done everyone!

 

Did you mean: Victor Victor Victor Victor Victor Victor Victor Kislyi? Or is that a Russian thing that the guy has 2 of the same names...



Unknown_69_ #7 Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 32594 battles
  • 31
  • [SAS-] SAS-
  • Member since:
    08-02-2012
my clan was there uk sas tank division and we was all waiting for a goodie bag but didnt get a pic taken ?

Attached Thumbnails


Edited by philtjay, 03 July 2014 - 10:19 AM.


TheKroo #8 Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,653
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View PostChill_Bro, on 02 July 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

Just a couple of things to say before I tell you all what a great day out it was.

 

1. I only saw a post that confirmed WG were to attend the Tankfest 2014 event (held on 28th & 29th June 2014) actually on Saturday (28th June). I would have thought it would have been better to give us about an extra months notice that you WOULD be attending and then tankers could make plans to meet & chat to the WG crew?

 

 

Just to answer to this, we have published the portal announcement, quite a bit in advance. That is - we published it on the 16th of June. But as it was pushed down the list, by other news coming out in the mean time. We had decided to bump the portal announcement on the days of the event. The reason why it seems like it was published just minutes before.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



TinyViking #9 Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 7062 battles
  • 2,917
  • Member since:
    05-08-2013

View PostYvonmukluk, on 02 July 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

Tankfest was pretty great.

 

No mention of the fact they'd run out of goodie bags by Sunday morning though-I was there at about 11 and all they had left were keychains-maybe bring some more next year.

 

View PostChill_Bro, on 02 July 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

Just a couple of things to say before I tell you all what a great day out it was.

 

1. I only saw a post that confirmed WG were to attend the Tankfest 2014 event (held on 28th & 29th June 2014) actually on Saturday (28th June). I would have thought it would have been better to give us about an extra months notice that you WOULD be attending and then tankers could make plans to meet & chat to the WG crew?

 

2. I agree with Yvonmukluk that more WG Goodies should have been brought with you to prevent the disappointed look on fellow tankers eager beaming faces...

 

3. I know the availability to play "Unlimited Tier" tanks is wonderful, but isn't there a way to limit kiddies 'play time' to maybe one battle, then re-queue to play again (so that everyone has a chance to try some Mega Beasties out?)

 

Yes, it was a great day out on Sunday the 29th. Have you any photographs taken on that date?

 

Many thanks & we will see you in 2015...

We actually had 1500 goodie bags and to put that in perspective, it's the highest number of goodies every brought to Tankfest! We though it would be enough alas it was not and we sincerely apologize for this. Next year we will look to possibly up the number but please remember that it's more work than it may seem to pack 1500 goodie bags ;)!

 

Limiting the number of battles was something we tried doing, especially inside the truck where it was easier to manage, but sadly it wasn't flawless. Fear not though, this will be better in the future and we will make sure more players gets the chance to play our games!

 

As for pictures.... yes! We have lots :D!

 

https://www.flickr.c...57645517452563/



korui #10 Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15296 battles
  • 1,603
  • [KRASH] KRASH
  • Member since:
    06-27-2012

View PostiScending, on 03 July 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Limiting the number of battles was something we tried doing, especially inside the truck where it was easier to manage, but sadly it wasn't flawless. Fear not though, this will be better in the future and we will make sure more players gets the chance to play our games!

 

Please! Lend the truck to Delhroh for our next Spanish Community Event in Coruña the 26 of July! It would be awesome to be able to play with fellow tankers and friends face to face all together that day :smile:

 

Please! Please! Please! We'll take care of the truck as if he was our little kid :child:

 



TheKroo #11 Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

    Product Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 10290 battles
  • 5,653
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    08-24-2010

View Postguest273, on 03 July 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

So I was reading:

 

Wargaming.net CEO Victor Victor Kislyi was available to hand over the proceeds from our recent Boost for Bovington premium shop special. In total our players raised €75,000. Well done everyone!

 

Did you mean: Victor Victor Victor Victor Victor Victor Victor Kislyi? Or is that a Russian thing that the guy has 2 of the same names...

 

Victor is so awesome that he needs his name written down twice!

 

 



guest273 #12 Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 35394 battles
  • 2,261
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostHunter1911, on 03 July 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

Victor is so awesome that he needs his name written down twice!

:teethhappy: :tongue:

I guess they fixed it now...






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users