Proposal: Collective Arty Rage Thread

arty clickers skycancer whining hugbox echo chamber

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Do we want this thread? (18 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Yes?

1. Yes (9 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Yes please (9 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Hide poll

autophagy #21 Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1674 battles
  • [TMBLR] TMBLR

View PostBest_Mungo, on 04 July 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

No, it isn't.

Im saying that a better alternative is to fix arty than create a sub-forum or thread.  I'm right.

Alright, that's your opinion and you have a right to that. But just because you think you're right doesn't necessarily mean that you are. Aside from the fact that no matter what WG does to arty (other than crippling it to a point where it can't do anything at all anymore and would be rendered useless) people would still complain, creating such a subforum or thread would still be a faster and at least intermittent solution and those two things don't cancel each other out. Putting all the whining in one place wouldn't mean that improvement couldn't happen. It would merely present people with a space where they can vent and rage without having to worry about having their anger/feelings invalidated or challenged by arty defenders (like me) who think otherwise. Altogether it would create a much more stress- and conflict-free environment. I'm just daydreaming here though, since I kind of doubt that the mods will make this happen. But a woman can hope, yes?

View Posttacticalpr0lap5e, on 04 July 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Can't +1 you as I ran out but a great answer and made me laugh.

Still not sure where his uncalled for rude comment came from? I tagged this thread "skycancer" because it's what the anti-arty people call it frequently. Personally, I find the term offending and tasteless.

Goibhniu_ #22 Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4954 battles

What's there to fix about artillery?

50 seconds reload - check

8 seconds aim time - check

Average 30-35% chance to hit your target - check

Camo - 0

Speed - 0.

My SU 14-2 (Tier 8) has the same armor values as Wolverine (TD tier 5)

What do you want more from us? Less accuracy? Should I hit once every game for 300 damage for you to be satisfied?

autophagy #23 Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1674 battles
  • [TMBLR] TMBLR

View PostGoibhniu_, on 04 July 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

What's there to fix about artillery?

50 seconds reload - check

8 seconds aim time - check

Average 30-35% chance to hit your target - check

Camo - 0

Speed - 0.

My SU 14-2 (Tier 8) has the same armor values as Wolverine (TD tier 5)

What do you want more from us? Less accuracy? Should I hit once every game for 300 damage for you to be satisfied?

Don't worry, I agree with you. (Was I really this unclear about my intentions in my intro post that so many people seem to misunderstand and think I'm an arty hater...?) 

But like I said, this is not the place to discuss this. What I am asking for in this thread is a dedicated thread or subforum where the anti-arty people can vent their anger where WE (aka the pro-arty people) don't have to see it or worry about it.

Andreas2202 #24 Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 459 battles

There's already a thread like this, "Welcome to the EU server". Newbies post there and nobody cares. Epic welcome.

There was also a whine thread about an arty player who complained about arty :trollface:

I'll fix your neg reps ;)

BrokenWing #25 Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 25785 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Can everyone please post their Gore and Bombardier medal counts in this thread? :trollface:

I'll start:

Gore = 1

Bombardier = 2 (I miss my old S-51 *sniffle*)

Edited by BrokenWing, 04 July 2014 - 11:34 AM.

Branna #26 Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13654 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View PostFurlock, on 04 July 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

You must be blind, OP.

Arties are not that good. It's not the arties, it's the cheating tracking mod they are using since more or less 3 weeks.

I suppose you have proof to support that very strong opinion of yours, right?

As for the thread, I really don't think you could ever contain the rage in a single thread. It's too chaotic to be contained. Good thinking though. The only thing that could work is mods paying more attention to threads with the exact same topic popping up like mushrooms every day (this involves other topics as well) and people reporting the threads.

autophagy #27 Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1674 battles
  • [TMBLR] TMBLR

View PostBranna, on 04 July 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

As for the thread, I really don't think you could ever contain the rage in a single thread. It's too chaotic to be contained. Good thinking though. The only thing that could work is mods paying more attention to threads with the exact same topic popping up like mushrooms every day (this involves other topics as well) and people reporting the threads.

Pff, that is probably true. I added the part about the mods being more attentive about this issue to the intro post.

Evil_Mungo #28 Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 28225 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBranna, on 04 July 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

I suppose you have proof to support that very strong opinion of yours, right?

Forget about the mods, maybe the developers could pay attention to WHY they're popping up daily.

Branna #29 Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13654 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View PostBest_Mungo, on 04 July 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Forget about the mods, maybe the developers could pay attention to WHY they're popping up daily.

Nah, they're moot. Just like the "Omghax!" threads, or the "Omggold!", "OmgMM!" and "Omgbanned!" ones. I sure hope the mods are too busy reading all the worthy threads and ignoring all of the above.

autophagy #30 Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1674 battles
  • [TMBLR] TMBLR

View PostBest_Mungo, on 04 July 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Because people enjoy complaining and love it when other complaining people agree with them. I'm 100% sure the developers have seen them, screaming at them louder and annoying them about it constantly won't achieve anything. You're not telling them anything new, they know your opinion already. And they also know the opinion of the people who disagree with you. The "issue" you see isn't getting any more urgent or any less relevant every day so there's simply no sensible justification for creating thread upon thread about it. In fact you would be helping your cause more if you supported a permanent, dedicated place for complaints because other than the daily whine threads, it would be there permanently and not shut down as soon as people get tired of them. Not that it would be more worth anyone's attention than the whine threads though, in my opinion. But definitely less obnoxious.

VeryRisky #31 Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

General

• Player
  • 17399 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBest_Mungo, on 04 July 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Because a lot of players want to play a dumb slug-it-out game and can't stand having anything interfere with that.  Hence complaints about spotting, camo on TDs and all the rest.

You're good at tenks, seriously how much trouble is arty to you?   They're mostly going to fire at the idiot E-100 next to you sitting there like a lemon or moving predictably.

Evil_Mungo #32 Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 28225 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostVeryRisky, on 04 July 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Because a lot of players want to play a dumb slug-it-out game and can't stand having anything interfere with that.  Hence complaints about spotting, camo on TDs and all the rest.

You're good at tenks, seriously how much trouble is arty to you?   They're mostly going to fire at the idiot E-100 next to you sitting there like a lemon or moving predictably.

No, they don't.  They fire at me in a Chaffee.  Seriously, they do.

VeryRisky #33 Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 17399 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBest_Mungo, on 04 July 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

Well when you're playing arty you do hate light tanks. Any it's a lot harder to deal with then than in the old days (polishes Naydin's medal on the pre-nerf M7 Priest). 

Plus the arty does hand you some XP in the Chaffee as the base-caming TDs are out of range of the targets you've lit!

Branna #34 Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13654 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

View PostBest_Mungo, on 04 July 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

So what? I'm not aware of a codex dictating that arty shouldn't fire at scouts. Of course they will if you're yolo'ing and threatening to light them up. Or if you're the only accessible target without cover, or the only one lit up. Of course there will be situations where you're the wrong target to pick, but there are bad arty players out there who do that, too. Generalizing by saying "They fire at me in Chaffee!" says nothing though, since it's highly situational.

Edited by Branna, 04 July 2014 - 12:57 PM.

Jigabachi #35 Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postautophagy, on 04 July 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

Just trying to be constructive

Yeah, sure.

Edited by Jigabachi, 04 July 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Evil_Mungo #36 Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 28225 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostVeryRisky, on 04 July 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

Well when you're playing arty you do hate light tanks. Any it's a lot harder to deal with then than in the old days (polishes Naydin's medal on the pre-nerf M7 Priest). 

Plus the arty does hand you some XP in the Chaffee as the base-caming TDs are out of range of the targets you've lit!

View PostBranna, on 04 July 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

So what? I'm not aware of a codex dictating that arty shouldn't fire at scouts. Of course they will if you're yolo'ing and threatening to light them up. Or if you're the only accessible target without cover, or the only one lit up. Of course there will be situations where you're the wrong target to pick, but there are bad arty players out there who do that, too. Generalizing by saying "They fire at me in Chaffee!" says nothing though, since it's highly situational.

They'll fire at me when I'm in a medium too, or a heavy, or a TD.  They'll fire at me when I'm bottom tier.  It doesn't matter if they're good or not because they just click until they hit.

edit:  I'm so glad that I'm not purple.

Edited by Best_Mungo, 04 July 2014 - 01:30 PM.

VeryRisky #37 Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 17399 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBest_Mungo, on 04 July 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

They'll fire at me when I'm in a medium too, or a heavy, or a TD.  They'll fire at me when I'm bottom tier.  It doesn't matter if they're good or not because they just click until they hit.

edit:  I'm so glad that I'm not purple.

Are you sure that everyone isn't out to get you?

BigBadVuk #38 Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 3016 battles

If you want to discuss about SPG you should at least try to bring something new into that enormous topic which has been chewed up millions of times over and over from all possible aspects.

However, poll topics with just 1 answer aren't much constructive. 

We wont close it, but it goes into off topic section.

VeryRisky #39 Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 17399 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBigBadVuk, on 04 July 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

If you want to discuss about SPG you should at least try to bring something new into that enormous topic which has been chewed up millions of times over and over from all possible aspects.

However, poll topics with just 1 answer aren't much constructive. 

We wont close it, but it goes into off topic section.

Surely the "SPG discussion" section?

5_InchFl0ppy #40 Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBest_Mungo, on 04 July 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

Most people will not understand this because they are not blue or purple and have no idea what it is like to be focused every game. I mean it makes sense to focus the better players down, but at the same time its not fun for the person on the receiving end of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users