General impressions on the NA forums

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

hedi2222 #1 Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30444 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Hello everyone ! i would like to dedicate this topic to describe how nice it is in the NA forums. oh well , straight to the point . 

after getting RO banned ( dont ask why :hiding: ) i thought of scavenging my old 2011 NA account and go have a look around in there forums . i noticed quite alot of stuff and i got impressed quite easily aswell . so lets get started .

1-Language barrier 
i think you guys can understand this straight away , no language barrier . when i click "new content " i was able to find alot of topics to participate in without any effort and without trying to search in between the variety of languages that exist in the EU forums ( its EU afterall ) 
2-Lack of whining topics 
in my stay here that lasted for 8 months , i quite noticed a crap load of whining topics , MM , arty ...... 5 topics per day . now thats alot . in the NA forums , in my stay that lasted for 3 days , i noticed only 1 , 1 only whine topic about how MM is unfair and it was actually constructive and people awnsered it logicaly explaining how the guy plays badly and how he should focus on his performance ... 
3-Nice forumites and huge apsence of 'neg-reps'
people over there are quite nicer, they dont bash , the accept opinions and rarely give -1s . which could sometimes ruin someones mood ( I , for example , once congragulated someone on a replay , 5 negreps ) 
they only give you 1+ if you help them . here i helped quite alot of people in the new commers forums and never got any +1s which drove me mad sometimes . and other times i even got bashed for helping someone..... 
the enviroment there is wayy less toxic 
4-better forum overlay + more sub-forums 

I quite noticed that the NA forums was quite easier to understand and surf in , way easier than here  . add to that the wide variety of things i can write in / give an opinion . i also noticed the presense of a sub forum WE DONT HAVE . its called the "CLAN RIVALRY " ( i hope i wrote it correctly ) where clans can bash other clans and talk and disscuss  about clans' actions  . and its all cool , no insults , no "nazi death wishes " nothing . and the good thing , i wasnt avle to post , you need atleast 1k battles and to be in a clan to post there :) not a place for trolls  . 

On in On TL:DR , the NA forums are a much better place to be in .
been thinking of writing this for quite awhile , thanks for reading :) see ya on the battlefield .

P.S : skipped how mods operate because that might creat some problems here . but mods in NA seem to be a bit nicer  .....

KptStrzyga #2 Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33333 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I have different experience with NA forums. After I told them that I`m from EU and my NA acc is actually reroll massive hate happend. And they told me how big noob I am, how useless I`m in high tiers and why I should uninstall NA client immediatly, I also got like -50 reps in 3 posts... More or less same stuff we have here. Trolls everywhere.

hedi2222 #3 Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30444 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostKptStrzyga, on 11 July 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

I have different experience with NA forums. After I told them that I`m from EU and my NA acc is actually reroll massive hate happend. And they told me how big noob I am, how useless I`m in high tiers and why I should uninstall NA client immediatly, I also got like -50 reps in 3 posts... More or less same stuff we have here. Trolls everywhere.

maybe i havent seen the dark side just yet ? 

KptStrzyga #4 Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33333 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posthedi2222, on 11 July 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

maybe i havent seen the dark side just yet ? 

Dark side here:

http://forum.worldof...-my-statistics/

Topic archieved, so you can`t see negreps. 

This Tolos guy with his friends across all Europe... :facepalm:

Edited by KptStrzyga, 11 July 2014 - 10:51 PM.

Major_cjs #5 Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3836 battles

View PostKptStrzyga, on 11 July 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

Dark side here:

http://forum.worldof...-my-statistics/

Topic archieved, so you can`t see negreps. 

This Tolos guy with his friends across all Europe... :facepalm:

Tolos seems nice.... must be hard getting into kinda the same community but with no people that you know.

Desyatnik_Pansy #6 Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:18 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16425 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMajor_cjs, on 11 July 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

Tolos seems nice.... must be hard getting into kinda the same community but with no people that you know.

Personally I wouldn't see it as that hard. I could create an account, play a few battles (50, is it?) and just get along posting. Over time you make friends or perhaps, acquaintances, and it really is nothing more than a "clone". 

Still, it is slightly upsetting with the "separation" of communities. Most forums I am used to have no separate forums for different servers/nationalities/whatever. Often it's a single, combined forum with separate language forums. That said, I am somewhat a fan of a lack of a certain group over here.

Americans and the lot I'm largely fine with, most of my friends across other forums are American; Russians, on the other hand, I just really have never got along with. Maybe it's just me and my lack of experience with them, I'm certain there are nice people among them, but the only Russians I've ever known are random Battlelog members, most of which were trolls, spammers and whatnot. Sure we had a few of such people who were American, European or to summarise, any nationality; but it was the good ol' Russkis who were the most frequent, most arrogant and of course, most annoying.

I wouldn't hesitate to create a Forum Bar over on the NA Forums, I'm sure there are nice lads among them. But downloading the client to play those 50 Battles (even that I might not even need to do), creating an account; did I ever mention I'm lazy?

hedi2222 #7 Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30444 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 11 July 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

Personally I wouldn't see it as that hard. I could create an account, play a few battles (50, is it?) and just get along posting. Over time you make friends or perhaps, acquaintances, and it really is nothing more than a "clone". 

Still, it is slightly upsetting with the "separation" of communities. Most forums I am used to have no separate forums for different servers/nationalities/whatever. Often it's a single, combined forum with separate language forums. That said, I am somewhat a fan of a lack of a certain group over here.

Americans and the lot I'm largely fine with, most of my friends across other forums are American; Russians, on the other hand, I just really have never got along with. Maybe it's just me and my lack of experience with them, I'm certain there are nice people among them, but the only Russians I've ever known are random Battlelog members, most of which were trolls, spammers and whatnot. Sure we had a few of such people who were American, European or to summarise, any nationality; but it was the good ol' Russkis who were the most frequent, most arrogant and of course, most annoying.

I wouldn't hesitate to create a Forum Bar over on the NA Forums, I'm sure there are nice lads among them. But downloading the client to play those 50 Battles (even that I might not even need to do), creating an account; did I ever mention I'm lazy?

its quitly a 20 battle :P and i downloaded the client for them and to check my old 2011 acount that never aactually player a battle . i had ltp , t7 car and the t1e6 xD

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16425 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Posthedi2222, on 12 July 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

its quitly a 20 battle :P and i downloaded the client for them and to check my old 2011 acount that never aactually player a battle . i had ltp , t7 car and the t1e6 xD

Downloading the NA Client caused enough trouble for me already.

My brother has a friend (I've told this story on the bar already), an NA Fella who currently hates the M10 Wolverine. He gave my brother his account info and whatnot so my brother could play for him for the rest of the grind and (annoyingly) my brother, after a few days and with my "assistance" (as in, yelling at him about his stupidity), figured out that he needed the NA Client and started downloading it..

This was on a Friday. I normally play tanks on weekends with friends, and I didn't know he'd done this. That ruined my Saturday (hell I think it was last week even). I had to stop his download, redownload the EU Client over night and then get all my mods working again. So it was a whole bucket of fun.

hedi2222 #9 Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30444 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 12 July 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

Downloading the NA Client caused enough trouble for me already.

My brother has a friend (I've told this story on the bar already), an NA Fella who currently hates the M10 Wolverine. He gave my brother his account info and whatnot so my brother could play for him for the rest of the grind and (annoyingly) my brother, after a few days and with my "assistance" (as in, yelling at him about his stupidity), figured out that he needed the NA Client and started downloading it..

This was on a Friday. I normally play tanks on weekends with friends, and I didn't know he'd done this. That ruined my Saturday (hell I think it was last week even). I had to stop his download, redownload the EU Client over night and then get all my mods working again. So it was a whole bucket of fun.

I was wondering why my EU client kinda bugged after downloading the NA thingy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users