• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Chip1337 #1 Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6679 battles
  • [C90] C90

Hi all!

If you play on a EU server wouldnt you try to communicate with your teammates in a language they might have a chance of understanding?

To kick off I want to say that Im Swedish, and there is no way on God´s green earth that Im spamming chat in Swedish. Why? Cause next to no one would understand what Im on about! I understand that in random games, the level of teamwork is expected to be at a minimum sometimes. But for crying out loud, if youve got something valuable to say, use english, german or french. Then atleast someone on your team has a chance of getting the point.

Btw, Ive been around the racetrack enough times to know what "[edited]" means. In the games I get theese days, it looks like "[edited]" might be be the most re-occuring word in chat.

Am I getting that old and grumpy that Im the only one being botherd about this?

Regards

Chip

P.s. It looks like I cannot even quote the most frequent word, wouldnt let me. In polish or serbocroat it is the word for a "lady of the night" D.s.

_Antipathy #2 Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:45 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles
Spanish ftw!

1ncompetenc3 #3 Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

Northern and western europeans usually speak english quite well. Central and south european, not so much. I regularly find myself in teams where english speakers are the minority. Better get used to it.

That said, as weird as it sounds, communication is not a prerequisite for teamwork. In fact those rare battles where I worked together with one or two teammates as if we were all guided by one hand were usually devoid of even map pings.

Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16177 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I'm largely fine with people not speaking English, just as long as they aren't spamming. Even English players basically "spamming" chat annoys me (though I admit, sometimes I've posted FAR too many things in chat).

1ncompetenc3 #5 Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 17 July 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

I'm largely fine with people not speaking English, just as long as they aren't spamming. Even English players basically "spamming" chat annoys me (though I admit, sometimes I've posted FAR too many things in chat).

You, chatty? I would have never suspected.

:hiding:

Desyatnik_Pansy #6 Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16177 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostVonnis, on 18 July 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

You, chatty? I would have never suspected.

:hiding:

I must find a quote, hold on. It's one of my favourite quotes from the forums.

View PostSnowRelic, on 26 March 2014, said:

Tempting? Oh... by the end of April things will quiet down and in May I want to be back on both tracks. I'll find a way to drag you of the hangar, kicking and screaming if need be. You're the single player in WoT who uses proper grammar and punctuation even in the middle of a brawl; you cannot be allowed to go to waste.

More specifically:

View PostSnowRelic, on 26 March 2014, said:

You're the single player in WoT who uses proper grammar and punctuation even in the middle of a brawl; you cannot be allowed to go to waste.

1ncompetenc3 #7 Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 18 July 2014 - 01:13 AM, said:

I must find a quote, hold on. It's one of my favourite quotes from the forums.

More specifically:

I know from experience adhering to rules concerning grammar and punctuation can get you killed. Being OCD in that regard doesn't pay off. :sad:

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16177 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostVonnis, on 18 July 2014 - 12:42 AM, said:

I know from experience adhering to rules concerning grammar and punctuation can get you killed. Being OCD in that regard doesn't pay off. :sad:

Normally I'm dead before correct grammar becomes an issue.

Major_cjs #9 Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:49 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3836 battles

View PostChip1337, on 17 July 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

Hi all!

If you play on a EU server wouldnt you try to communicate with your teammates in a language they might have a chance of understanding?

To kick off I want to say that Im Swedish, and there is no way on God´s green earth that Im spamming chat in Swedish. Why? Cause next to no one would understand what Im on about! I understand that in random games, the level of teamwork is expected to be at a minimum sometimes. But for crying out loud, if youve got something valuable to say, use english, german or french. Then atleast someone on your team has a chance of getting the point.

Btw, Ive been around the racetrack enough times to know what "[edited]" means. In the games I get theese days, it looks like "[edited]" might be be the most re-occuring word in chat.

Am I getting that old and grumpy that Im the only one being botherd about this?

Regards

Chip

P.s. It looks like I cannot even quote the most frequent word, wouldnt let me. In polish or serbocroat it is the word for a "lady of the night" D.s.

Tjena fellow swede, seeing we cant do anything about it. Its just better ignoring it and like vonnis pointed out: many of the south/eastern parts of europe don't speak english very well.

Also i would think that if it was something very important that they wanted you to know then they would probably get it thru anyway thru intense map pinging and bad english :blinky:

Major_cjs #10 Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3836 battles

View PostVonnis, on 18 July 2014 - 12:42 AM, said:

Being OCD in that regard doesn't pay off. :sad:

vonnis, 123456879. how those that make you feel :trollface: 

My sisters boyfriend have OCD and i use to mess around with him when i'm around; putting a fork where the knives is supposed to be and so on. Very entertaining " a bit mean maybe" 

1ncompetenc3 #11 Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

View PostMajor_cjs, on 18 July 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

vonnis, 123456879. how those that make you feel :trollface: 

My sisters boyfriend have OCD and i use to mess around with him when i'm around; putting a fork where the knives is supposed to be and so on. Very entertaining " a bit mean maybe" 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users