Struggling with the T-54

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic

Jamezdin #41 Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3880 battles

View Postkymrel, on 20 June 2011 - 12:53 PM, said:

Let's see. You have about 48% win rate with your T-54. With that particular tank I have a 57% win rate. I am not in a clan, I have never even been in a platoon. Or was it somebody else you were talking about?

Assuming of course that the heavy player is a very poor player. Or possibly a bot. Try to circle a T30. Go ahead. Try.

Well since you insist that vicotory stats are everything with a 57% win rate, can I ask you one question???

WTF are you whining about? What should the stats be at for you to be happy? 65%

Im obviously happy wih my abyssal 47%, regardless of the fact that Im I play the tank exclusively now in Clan Warfare, where our Clan is severly underperforming at the moment due to lack of high tier tanks.

kymrel #42 Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32255 battles
Who is whining mate? I was trying to give the OP some advice. Sheesh, the internet some days...

DigitalPsycho #43 Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3266 battles

View PostJamezdin, on 20 June 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

If you find yourself in a one on one situation with any Tier9 or T10 heavy (apart from an IS7) then that is a free kill for you in most cases.

lol

Yes killing a t10 is posibal, if he is afk. If he is not u can't.

If u want to drive a tank who can change games, play Heavy, but they will cost u more credits.

darkonnis #44 Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 10251 battles
another point i want to give,
when playing a medium, exposing yourself to the enemy for long periods almost always ends badly. The T54 (not played one but ive fought quite a few) seems to perform best when you dont know its coming.
If you can:
Spot your target,
shoot it,
disappear,
rinse repeat.

Getting into long drawn out circle of deaths with tanks and trying to glide through everything while your lit up will end badly.
For example the city map with the rail tracks, all the heavies usually shoe horn into the compound and the middle street and fight it out there. In my experience T54 drivers who nip round the back, shoot ONCE! then get the hell out of dodge and go around to another entrance or even back behind their own lines usually live to do some damage later on and pick on the weakened heavies.

Remember, just because you can brawl, doesnt mean you should. Flexability is key. brawling should be used when you are on your own. Not staring down the entire enemy team or even a heavy and his 2 friends.

So far the entire russian medium line seems to play like a bunch of poachers, you go you shoot once or twice and get the kill, again less exposure is the key. those who fight everythign start to finish will get tracked, take engine damage and not be able to do so much later on when their role makes them most important. Thats how i play my T43, it works and i love it.

Battledragon #45 Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12362 battles
Equipment is everything on the T54, I've still got the LB1 gun on mine as the D54 takes a lot of XP to unlock.  Playing with the LB1 it's difficult, it'll bounce all tier 9 vehicles from the front apart from the T34 heavy, and the M26 Pershing.  I expect to do much better with my T54 once I get the D54 gun on it.  175mm penetration simply isn't enough at tier 9.

Tank_Killer1 #46 Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 61770 battles
  • [ASOSX] ASOSX
Off topic I know, however try the stock Pershing with the 90mm m3 in a tier 10 battle. It will make you cry believe me, I lost so many battles I almost quit using it. Only when I had the 105 was I able to improve a lot, I'm now heading for a 50% win ratio I'm currently at 48%. I'm proud of my 80% hit ratio and just a little over 800 average experience.

Back to topic
Always stick with someone, unless your the only high tier medium and they have loads of arty that needs scouting. Against any decent player you won't survive a 1v1 with fully upgraded tier 9 heavy.

My style of play is, if there are a few high tier mediums on each team group together and try and engage the enemy mediums. Report enemy heavy locations and if possible keep them lit up for arty or supporting fire from heavies or TD's. Sometimes works but not always.

Panzer3Destroyer #47 Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15868 battles
well the tank is still very good even tho it is nerfed ( cant say much about his early stats cuz i am not a beta tester) but works good only in wulfpack with other fast meds is able to find enamy arty and take it or if it dies trying at least scouted better than leopard, i have T54 first when i wanted to play it it wasnt much about his stats but more about his look smal sloped and green colour, next game often puts me in battles with IS4 , IS7 , MAUS, T30 and others T9 meds and i often get destroyed by them but still my favorite.  :Smile_honoring:

Bulcsu #48 Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostJamezdin, on 20 June 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

dont engage multiple tier9 or T10 heavies if you are alone. Never. Ever.  

Multiple?   :lol:
No tank should engage multiple tier 9 or tier 10 heavies at once alone...unless they have no other choice or said heavies are badly damaged.  Hell, even two T34's can take an IS-7 in a straight 2 on 1 fight.  A possible exception is a Maus but due to its slow speed it often doesn't have a choice in the matter.

View Postkymrel, on 20 June 2011 - 12:53 PM, said:

Try to circle a T30. Go ahead. Try.  

Agreed.  Not a good idea.

When I drove T-54 and Pershing in the beta Maus was the easiest tier 10 heavy to beat in a dogfight.  IS-7 was tougher but doable if it was already damaged a bit (~70% health left).  T30 was the toughest by far and should only be engaged if damaged and during his long reload.

Panzer3Destroyer #49 Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15868 battles

View PostBulcsu, on 21 June 2011 - 03:56 AM, said:

When I drove T-54  Maus was the easiest tier 10 heavy to beat in a dogfight

LOL MAUS is still most easy to kill cuz T54 can literaly stick to him or drive circles cuz MAUS cant aim him with turret cuz T54 is too small for him to lower it ROFL

Dogmeat #50 Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28429 battles
It's not possible to circle the T30, and it will 2 shot you if he's not a noob. IS-7 can be killed with some pain, Maus can be a long turn but it's easy.
The T54 currently is a good tank at best, I would not call it "awesome" and is very very far from being OP.

As for the financial part, when I'm soloing it's running for free (so no profit, no loss), when we play in platoon I have some very small profit. But imo it's normal, the studio needs the money to run and develop the game. There's no high quality MMO in the world which is running for free. Most micro transaction games have much more drastic penalties when playing for free.

My suggestion for you is to keep your T5 tanks, and keep leveling other trees, than you will not be out of the cach flow and you can run your top tier pretty much.

MrKristensen #51 Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:28 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1985 battles

View PostDogmeat, on 21 June 2011 - 07:07 PM, said:

It's not possible to circle the T30, and it will 2 shot you if he's not a noob. IS-7 can be killed with some pain, Maus can be a long turn but it's easy.
The T54 currently is a good tank at best, I would not call it "awesome" and is very very far from being OP.

As for the financial part, when I'm soloing it's running for free (so no profit, no loss), when we play in platoon I have some very small profit. But imo it's normal, the studio needs the money to run and develop the game. There's no high quality MMO in the world which is running for free. Most micro transaction games have much more drastic penalties when playing for free.

My suggestion for you is to keep your T5 tanks, and keep leveling other trees, than you will not be out of the cach flow and you can run your top tier pretty much.

I suppose you're to compare the T-54 towards the tier IX heavies, the fact you compare it to tier X tells how good it is.

m4inbrain #52 Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:04 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13828 battles

View PostDogmeat, on 21 June 2011 - 07:07 PM, said:

As for the financial part, when I'm soloing it's running for free (so no profit, no loss), when we play in platoon I have some very small profit.

Without saying anything about the performance of the T54, if what you are saying is the truth, you should learn to drive the T54 properly. To clarify: i dont have a T54 personally, but had the opportunity to drive one for some games. In the second game i managed to get 1930 EP, 67500 Credits and 17k repairs, with 15 shots fired.

I have a PantherII, so i am not unfamiliar with meds, although the playstyle is very different - but its really not that hard to make money with a T54. Elited, for that matter, so top gun and equipment.

Edit: got a screenshot, if needed.

DigitalPsycho #53 Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3266 battles

View Postm4inbrain, on 22 June 2011 - 12:04 AM, said:

Without saying anything about the performance of the T54, if what you are saying is the truth, you should learn to drive the T54 properly.

mabey he don't play premium?

Dogmeat #54 Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28429 battles
Maybe you have misunderstood me. When I win, of course there is a nice profit, but when losing, it's a huge loss. So when running the T54 in the long, the average credit loss / income is around zero. We are talking about random battles, CW is another table.
This is only true with premium. Without premium, you have to be a very professional player and play with a very good platoon to make it profitable, or at least no loss. But this is true for most top tier tanks with their top gun.

My skills are by far not the best, I'm a little bit above average player. (~750 xp average with premium and ~52% WLR in ~700 battles with T54)

Dogmeat #55 Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28429 battles

View PostSirMoric, on 21 June 2011 - 11:28 PM, said:

I suppose you're to compare the T-54 towards the tier IX heavies, the fact you compare it to tier X tells how good it is.

T54 is top tier medium, so it has to fight against tier X heavies. It's pointless to compare it to tier IX heavies.

m4inbrain #56 Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13828 battles

View PostDogmeat, on 22 June 2011 - 10:27 AM, said:

Maybe you have misunderstood me. When I win, of course there is a nice profit, but when losing, it's a huge loss. So when running the T54 in the long, the average credit loss / income is around zero. We are talking about random battles, CW is another table.

Was talking about random matches.

This is only true with premium. Without premium, you have to be a very professional player and play with a very good platoon to make it profitable, or at least no loss. But this is true for most top tier tanks with their top gun.

Of course, without premium no (high tier) tank is sustainable. To be honest, i wouldnt want a T54 (neither a PantherII or anything else in that regions for that matter^^) without premium. But, you should try a T92 if you want to see a Tank, which is hard to sustain. I managed to get -34k in my first game, and thats on premium. Even if i have a (good) win, i am happy to get +-0. Thats what i meant, the T54 (on premium) is easy sustainable on its own, other tanks are not. The T92 isnt, from what i heared the Maus isnt, and in general german high tiers (because of higher repair costs for german tanks).

My skills are by far not the best, I'm a little bit above average player. (~750 xp average with premium and ~52% WLR in ~700 battles with T54)

I didnt try to offend you, its just that its relatively simple to make money with that tank - at least in my opinion. After driving it, i wouldnt say its OP, but its the strongest of the three for sure (at least in comparsion with the PantherII), and the cheapest to repair, so.. If you can make + with any T9 (technically T10, meds/tds are tier+1 and arty is tier+2), then it is this little bugger. ;)

Dogmeat #57 Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28429 battles
No offense, but imho it's not possible to judge the cost of upkeep based on some lucky trial runs. With platoon we have sometimes 4-5 wins in a raw but that's not usual and the income is getting even out during my solo runs.
Repair cost is not too much but the ammo costs a lot for the T54 top gun. (1300 / shot if I remember correctly)

And yes, heavies are even worse.

m4inbrain #58 Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 13828 battles

View PostDogmeat, on 22 June 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

No offense, but imho it's not possible to judge the cost of upkeep based on some lucky trial runs. With platoon we have sometimes 4-5 wins in a raw but that's not usual and the income is getting even out during my solo runs.
Repair cost is not too much but the ammo costs a lot for the T54 top gun. (1300 / shot if I remember correctly)

And yes, heavies are even worse.

None taken. But, to be honest, they werent lucky trial runs. I have some experience in medium tanks as i said, i know how to run a medium. I played like 7-10 games, and no win below 1,5k EP - agreed, most due to spotting, and yeah, maybe ive played it like a gloryfied scout, but nonetheless, you cant do that with a PantherII (or Pershing i think, have to try that some time).

And 1,3k is not shocking, its about the same for the PantherII, and on my T92 i pay 2,5k per pop. ^^

Dogmeat #59 Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28429 battles
I see you are a pretty good player, and you might have right from your pov.

MrKristensen #60 Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:09 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1985 battles

View PostDogmeat, on 22 June 2011 - 10:33 AM, said:

T54 is top tier medium, so it has to fight against tier X heavies. It's pointless to compare it to tier IX heavies.

Eh no, mediums of a tier are supposed to be on par with heavies of the previous tier.

That is at least the argument I've seen amongst others for the KV and others.

But for some reason the last medium is supposed to take on the heaviest of the heavies.... and win?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users