IQ in relation to WOT skill.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

LUNSSI #1 Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14740 battles

Hello fellow taters. I ask a simple question. I hope many will take part.

IQ shows your ability to learn so with this in mind I wish to know Does IQ have any relevance to player ability in WOT.

So please below post your IQ score( I would prefer those who have undergone proper IQ testing to put thier scores down however If you have never done this please visit 4 online IQ test sights then take an average of your 4 scores to get an approximation I will factor in a 20% RNG*** for these scores.)

Next to your IQ score can you also post your win rate and your PR rating.

This data is not  perfect it should bre treated as half serious. I will log data if and when there is enough of it. Im hoping for at least 60 replies. I will display it on  a graph for you all to see.

Keep the thread civil please no tater bashing.

Edited by Stoke_Me_A_Clipper, 23 July 2014 - 10:34 PM.

_Antipathy #2 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

Test (french): http://www.mon-qi.com/grand-test-3/resultat.php (128 IQ)

Stats: http://new.noobmeter.com/player/eu/Andreas1999/500808499/;jsessionid=2F1D87018551EE1E34B98E0F49F73941

Edited by _Antipathy, 22 July 2014 - 08:46 PM.

1ncompetenc3 #3 Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles
I fully support what I suspect to be an elaborate plot to troll people. :popcorn:

Woody1999 #4 Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14754 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Let me go get my IQ tested.

Woody

Effing_Drako #5 Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26671 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
120 IQ 
Performance Rating: 1,330 (Above avg.) 1,453 (+0.4) 1,369 (+0.2) 1,510 (+41.2) 1,359 (+230.8)
Efficiency Rating: 870 (Above avg.) 957 (+0.2) 782 (-0.4) 1,145 (+39.6) 924 (+199.0)
WN7 Rating: 1,034 (Above avg.) 1,087 (+0.3) 1,180 (+1.0) 1,365 (+61.5) 1,138 (+476.8)
WN8 Rating : 1,018 (Above avg.) 1,493 (+1.0) 1,209 (+1.3) 1,992 (+128.8) 1,154 (+622.7)

Win Rate: 50.90% 
(company: 24%)

_GLaDOS #6 Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17528 battles
There are many kinds of intelligence, not only that one covered by IQ tests...

Woody1999 #7 Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14754 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Okay, I have an IQ of 143, according to IQTest.com.

My performance rating is 1,404, most recent being 1,814.

My WR stands at 52.76%

Woody

Edit: my mistake, used wrong website.

Edited by Woody1999, 23 July 2014 - 12:18 PM.

Major_cjs #8 Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3836 battles

View PostVonnis, on 22 July 2014 - 08:36 PM, said:

I fully support what I suspect to be an elaborate plot to troll people. :popcorn:

Arnold "stoke" would never do something like that, right....

Did 2 mensa tests, barely made the first one in sweden with an IQ of 132 "131 beeing the limit" later after i moved to norway i took one here as well with an IQ of 136 "of course thats the one that counts :blinky:"

Arnold i do not really know where you are going with these stats tho. Computer performance and network connection have a massive impact how well you are able to play this game as well and the only way to see a proper result of this test would be to make at least a couple hundreds participate in it which is very unlikely here in the offtopic section.

tigerstreak #9 Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23419 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View PostStoke_Me_A_Clipper, on 23 July 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

Hello fellow taters. I ask a simple question. I hope many will take part.

IQ shows your ability to learn so with this in mind I wish to know Does IQ have any relevance to player ability in WOT.

So please below post your IQ score( I would prefer those who have undergone proper IQ testing to put thier scores down however If you have never done this please visit 4 online IQ test sights then take an average of your 4 scores to get an approximation I will factor in a 20% RNG*** for these scores.)

Next to your IQ score can you also post your win rate and your PR rating.

This data is not  perfect it should bre treated as half serious. I will log data if and when there is enough of it. Im hoping for at least 60 replies. I will display it on  a graph for you all to see.

Keep the thread civil please no tater bashing.

aside from IQ

players ability is more greatly affected by rng

Effing_Drako #10 Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26671 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMajor_cjs, on 22 July 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

Arnold "stoke" would never do something like that, right....

Did 2 mensa tests, barely made the first one in sweden with an IQ of 132 "131 beeing the limit" later after i moved to norway i took one here as well with an IQ of 136 "of course thats the one that counts :blinky:"

Arnold i do not really know where you are going with these stats tho. Computer performance and network connection have a massive impact how well you are able to play this game as well and the only way to see a proper result of this test would be to make at least a couple hundreds participate in it which is very unlikely here in the offtopic section.

The Last paragraph is golden with wisdom

LUNSSI #11 Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14740 battles

Thank you for your comments and for those that have so far provided data. In answer to _Glados and anyone else regarding IQ as a measure. I am well aware that IQ is not a definative representation of how smart or intelligent a person is. What an in depth proper IQ test will show is a person ability to learn. Not how smart they are or how clever or how ''brainy'' There are many aspects of a persons intelligence that IQ does not cover however for the purposes of this data collection we are looking at IQ as a measure of cognitive ability.

To clarify cognitive ability it means a persons ability for.

• Awareness
  • Perception
  • Reasoning
  • Judgment

You are also right that a larger data set is needed this is why I am gathering it from 4 online communities WOT being one of those 4.

Please continue to post your data and I thank you for your participation and remember to take an average from 3 or 4 tests from seperate sites if you do not have a proper IQ test score!

Edited by Stoke_Me_A_Clipper, 22 July 2014 - 11:59 PM.

soolerman #12 Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles

I just thought I would drop this one in as I see the IQ scale is being used as if it is a good judgment of intelligence. When in fact it is only a judgment of extelligence in its commonly used form.

I have scored as low as 73 on a IQ test (and no I am not quite that dumb unless you believe my x). I have also scored 137 in an IQ test (and no I am not that smart, sadly). So why the massif discrepancy. Well I am dyslexic and almost all IQ tests use a lot of Q&A and only some premier problem solving. Now with the Q&A its clear why a dyslexic would have problems. Most of use have substandard educations so lower than average general academic knowledge. But with the premier problem solving questions you would think we would shine. As most dyslexics are above average in intelligence anyway. But I have see some of these questions so badly worded that I could not workout what was being asked and so simply could not even have a stab at them. So while the problem was probably possible to answer the question was impossible to understand. This is sadly surprisingly common in the world of education.

As a last point I would note that the IQ test is most commonly taken by people of above average education and intelligence and as its based on an average this messes with the base numbers the average is calculated from. So the IQ test is almost completely useless as a judgment of an individuals true intelligence.

daddlar #13 Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28915 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
Took several tests with a psychologist a few months ago incl IQ. The IQ-test only measured up to 120. Even thou scoring top marks (120) it only means "fully functioning mind" (as in "not sick/retarded/underdeveloped") and should not be interpreted as anything else.

Edited by daddlar, 23 July 2014 - 09:17 AM.

LUNSSI #14 Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 14740 battles

View Postsoolerman, on 23 July 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

I just thought I would drop this one in as I see the IQ scale is being used as if it is a good judgment of intelligence. When in fact it is only a judgment of extelligence in its commonly used form.

I have scored as low as 73 on a IQ test (and no I am not quite that dumb unless you believe my x). I have also scored 137 in an IQ test (and no I am not that smart, sadly). So why the massif discrepancy. Well I am dyslexic and almost all IQ tests use a lot of Q&A and only some premier problem solving. Now with the Q&A its clear why a dyslexic would have problems. Most of use have substandard educations so lower than average general academic knowledge. But with the premier problem solving questions you would think we would shine. As most dyslexics are above average in intelligence anyway. But I have see some of these questions so badly worded that I could not workout what was being asked and so simply could not even have a stab at them. So while the problem was probably possible to answer the question was impossible to understand. This is sadly surprisingly common in the world of education.

As a last point I would note that the IQ test is most commonly taken by people of above average education and intelligence and as its based on an average this messes with the base numbers the average is calculated from. So the IQ test is almost completely useless as a judgment of an individuals true intelligence.

Did you read the post I made before you made yours? It most certainly is not being used in that way. Which to my mind makes most of the rest of your post redundant But thank you for your contribution all the same.:great:

Still you have very valid points regarding dyslexia! The dyslexia that muddles sentance structure and garbles questions into nonsense is the very same afflication I have so I fully understand your point of view. Luckily you and I are in the minority and so as with any data set we can elimate certain anomalies from the overall graphs.:smile:

Edited by Stoke_Me_A_Clipper, 23 July 2014 - 11:54 AM.

soolerman #15 Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles

View PostStoke_Me_A_Clipper, on 23 July 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

Did you read the post I made before you made yours? It most certainly is not being used in that way. Which to my mind makes most of the rest of your post redundant But thank you for your contribution all the same.:great:

Still you have very valid points regarding dyslexia! The dyslexia that muddles sentance structure and garbles questions into nonsense is the very same afflication I have so I fully understand your point of view. Luckily you and I are in the minority and so as with any data set we can elimate certain anomalies from the overall graphs.:smile:

Sorry I was only responding to the original post you made. If I had been responding to your second post I would have quoted it as I have hear with your last post. You are perfectly correct your second post makes most of what I said redundant. So my bad. :facepalm:

What can I say IQ tests are something that make me want to get out my little soapbox and have a go at the academic snobbery of it all.

As an aside I know you have kids are any of them Dyslexic? If they are have you looked at the British Dyslexia Association web site. They have some very cool stuff.

Dyslexia rules KO :trollface:

_Antipathy #16 Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

View PostStoke_Me_A_Clipper, on 22 July 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

Thank you for your comments and for those that have so far provided data. In answer to _Glados and anyone else regarding IQ as a measure. I am well aware that IQ is not a definative representation of how smart or intelligent a person is. What an in depth proper IQ test will show is a person ability to learn. Not how smart they are or how clever or how ''brainy'' There are many aspects of a persons intelligence that IQ does not cover however for the purposes of this data collection we are looking at IQ as a measure of cognitive ability.

To clarify cognitive ability it means a persons ability for.

• Awareness
  • Perception
  • Reasoning
  • Judgment

You are also right that a larger data set is needed this is why I am gathering it from 4 online communities WOT being one of those 4.

Please continue to post your data and I thank you for your participation and remember to take an average from 3 or 4 tests from seperate sites if you do not have a proper IQ test score!

Does your experiment include raging when playing WoT?

LUNSSI #17 Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14740 battles

View Postsoolerman, on 23 July 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

Sorry I was only responding to the original post you made. If I had been responding to your second post I would have quoted it as I have hear with your last post. You are perfectly correct your second post makes most of what I said redundant. So my bad. :facepalm:

What can I say IQ tests are something that make me want to get out my little soapbox and have a go at the academic snobbery of it all.

As an aside I know you have kids are any of them Dyslexic? If they are have you looked at the British Dyslexia Association web site. They have some very cool stuff.

Dyslexia rules KO :trollface:

Yes I have 3 children. Eldest is 6. I will look at the website as both my brother and father have dyslexia also. Thank you for that.

Hullo_Kitty__ #18 Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 16211 battles

HAHAHA this is so LEGIT.

I went to some free IQ test with 50 multiple choice questions. I just selected random answers not even reading one word of the question. in 20 seconds I was through it with probably only 1-3 correct answers at max and it gives me a score of 271 lol. BOW DOWN PEASANTS, KISS MY TOES,  NEW EINSTEIN IS WALKING THE FACE OF THIS PLANET.

Edited by Siggimaster, 23 July 2014 - 02:57 PM.

_Antipathy #19 Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

View PostSiggimaster, on 23 July 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

HAHAHA this is so LEGIT.

I went to some free IQ test with 50 multiple choice questions. I just selected random answers not even reading one word of the question. in 20 seconds I was through it with probably only 1-3 correct answers at max and it gives me a score of 271 lol. BOW DOWN PEASANTS, KISS MY TOES,  NEW EINSTEIN IS WALKING THE FACE OF THIS PLANET.

Your head must be so big that you'd look ugly :trollface:

John_Preston #20 Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

View PostSiggimaster, on 23 July 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

HAHAHA this is so LEGIT.

That's actually quite impressive.

Arnold: if you want to do this "half serious" then at least try use coherent data. Different test can give different results of course, but the main problem is the different scales. 120 on one scale can be 160 on another one. How about giving us 2-3 tests(links to websites) and then we can post a result that you can actually use.

Right now this little survey is not even half serious.

View Post_Antipathy, on 23 July 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

Your head must be so big that you'd look ugly :trollface:

wat.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users