Jump to content


Creative Contest: Gamescom Needs You!


  • Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:39 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 24,486
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Use your artistic sensibilities to spread the word and win great prizes!

Full news text


JPKERR #2 Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18339 battles
  • 1,306
  • [CELL] CELL
  • Member since:
    08-17-2010

Well, too bad such motherboards are quite useless without OC-viable processors. Literally useless if you don't have any Intel 1150 processor.

You can afford adding at least i5 to these rewards WG.



USSL3x1n6t0n #3 Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16897 battles
  • 24
  • [S0K0L] S0K0L
  • Member since:
    07-26-2012
wich programs i have to use? can i use paint? and how should i send you the poster, by an e-mail?

HeatSeekerGTR #4 Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13835 battles
  • 273
  • [SCAMR] SCAMR
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013

Blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda... wait..

HISTORICAL Propaganda?

 

What was that supposed to mean? A propaganda poster that looks like an old poster from ww2 or just that it has to contain historical scenes and such?

I don't get it...


Edited by PCgamer238, 25 July 2014 - 12:13 PM.


TrueCroatian #5 Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9812 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
What programs do you use for this?

SanyaJuutilainen #6 Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20649 battles
  • 1,874
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View PostJPKERR, on 25 July 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Well, too bad such motherboards are quite useless without OC-viable processors. Literally useless if you don't have any Intel 1150 processor.

You can afford adding at least i5 to these rewards WG.

If you want to upgrade from worse MoBo and have some 1150, it's still handy. Or if you have an old setup and consider getting a newer one anyway - it can still save you some 160 - 220 USD which you can spend on something else. Or in the worst case you can sell it to some PC gaming enthusiast and get something else instead.

 

Really, stop demanding more, please. What's next - "It's useless if it has no GFX, PSX, PSU, case, SSD/HDD, keyboard mouse and three monitors, consider adding those"?



dysje #7 Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 27869 battles
  • 700
  • Member since:
    08-23-2010

View PostNya_Chan, on 25 July 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

If you want to upgrade from worse MoBo and have some 1150, it's still handy. Or if you have an old setup and consider getting a newer one anyway - it can still save you some 160 - 220 USD which you can spend on something else. Or in the worst case you can sell it to some PC gaming enthusiast and get something else instead.

 

Really, stop demanding more, please. What's next - "It's useless if it has no GFX, PSX, PSU, case, SSD/HDD, keyboard mouse and three monitors, consider adding those"?

 

Well, now that you mention it.....

 

But yea, the whining is pathetic. Could just sell the mainboard if you wint it anyway and pocket the change. Although these mainboards are becoming an increasingly hard sell, now that more and more computers are becoming smaller and quieter (ITX etc.) and even more towards tablets. Surface pro 3 anyone!



TheSanchez #8 Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6933 battles
  • 310
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

So just to make sure, you want the poster to say "Join the gamescom", nothing less, nothing more? Am I understanding that correctly?


Edited by TheSanchez, 25 July 2014 - 02:22 PM.


USSL3x1n6t0n #9 Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16897 battles
  • 24
  • [S0K0L] S0K0L
  • Member since:
    07-26-2012
wich program and how to send it to you?

Brynd #10 Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Military Reserve
  • 151 battles
  • 352
  • Member since:
    09-11-2013

View PostUSSL3x1n6t0n, on 25 July 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

wich programs i have to use? can i use paint? and how should i send you the poster, by an e-mail?

 

You can use your usual favourite paint program; my favourite isn't MS Paint but maybe that's yours.  You can submit it by following the instructions hidden behind the Spoiler tag in the Submission thread.

 

View PostTheSanchez, on 25 July 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

So just to make sure, you want the poster to say "Join the gamescom", nothing less, nothing more? Am I understanding that correctly? English only, yes?

 

It's the *theme* of joining in at gamescom, or join us at gamescom. The phrase "join the gamescom" itself doesn't really work very well in English, and I've actually asked for the article to be updated to reflect that. And yes, as it says in the rules, English only.



Cobra6 #11 Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • 15,015
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Awesome! I'll enter in this one again :)

 

Best of luck to all participants!

 

========================================

 

A handy tip for all:

Quote

  • By taking part in the contest:
    • you agree not to submit any content protected by copyright or already published on the Internet.
    • you identify yourself as the author of the creation/content you are submitting.

This means any image from google/bing/searchengine and anything you didn't personally make is out of the question. Each contest I see this again and again and it's breaking (international) copyright laws as you are not allowed to use other people's material without their consent for commercial use (which this is).

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 25 July 2014 - 03:51 PM.


Pvt_Muffy #12 Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 18453 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    09-08-2013

View PostBrynd, on 25 July 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

 

It's the *theme* of joining in at gamescom, or join us at gamescom. The phrase "join the gamescom" itself doesn't really work very well in English, and I've actually asked for the article to be updated to reflect that. And yes, as it says in the rules, English only.

 

I already submitted my entry with the slogan "join the gamescom" as told in the rules of the contest. Can I edit my submission because the rules normally does not change in the middle of the contest?


Edited by NAKKE_FIN, 25 July 2014 - 07:11 PM.


bl4ckp4nth3r #13 Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26087 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    03-27-2012
Guys where i send the photo,is already done,but i dont know where send!!!

SpiderXoo7 #14 Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24560 battles
  • 598
  • [BWF1] BWF1
  • Member since:
    07-08-2011

View Postbl4ckp4nth3r, on 25 July 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

Guys where i send the photo,is already done,but i dont know where send!!!

 

"Participants must submit the image or link in the dedicated forum thread. The submission thread is hidden. If posting a link, please make sure the link to your picture is valid and visible until the winners’ announcement."

 

Nice contest! Don't think I'll be joining in tho... - not good at these things. Good luck to the participants!


Edited by SpiderXoo7, 26 July 2014 - 09:22 AM.


TheSanchez #15 Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6933 battles
  • 310
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostCobra6, on 25 July 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Awesome! I'll enter in this one again :)

 

Best of luck to all participants!

 

========================================

 

A handy tip for all:

 

This means any image from google/bing/searchengine and anything you didn't personally make is out of the question. Each contest I see this again and again and it's breaking (international) copyright laws as you are not allowed to use other people's material without their consent for commercial use (which this is).

 

Cobra 6

 

What about using elements from the WoT press kit? Normally I would assume that is okay (since that is where I would take the logo from for example, as well), but your post got me curious.



Omg_Banana #16 Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 22074 battles
  • 31
  • [GRTR] GRTR
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012
what we suppose to do? i dont get it ... historical propaganda with gamescom theme ... its very unclear. you want a poster to advertise wot at gamescom simply? or you want an old historical propaganda poster modifided with wot theme?

Cobra6 #17 Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • 15,015
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostTheSanchez, on 26 July 2014 - 12:58 PM, said:

 

What about using elements from the WoT press kit? Normally I would assume that is okay (since that is where I would take the logo from for example, as well), but your post got me curious.

 

I would imagine that being ok because that material was put out specifically for PR reasons. So unless the competition rules state specifically you are not allowed to us WG material you are fine.

 

Cobra 6



Pa3s #18 Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12776 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012
In the [Submissions]-thread, the OP wrote we'd get a message about moderation once we post our contribution to the contest. I posted my pic (attached to the post), but I didn't receive a notification or pm, yet. Is it normal that it takes a while until we get the message? I just want to make sure it worked. Thanks.

Spicatron #19 Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27247 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    02-11-2014

Hello,

I uploaded my poster the day before yesterday, but I have still not gotten the "message about moderation". Should I be concerned that you didn't receive it?

Greetings



Drago1325 #20 Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13322 battles
  • 2
  • [BSSB] BSSB
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

Hi

I have question about size of poster. 800 - 2000 pixels does it means that longer side (or one side) is 800 to max 2000 pixels. Mine is height: 2000, width: 1424. Is that ok?

 

also the historical wwII poster have german PANZER word on it and rest of text is in english. Can I leave that Panzer word?


Edited by Drago1325, 29 July 2014 - 11:32 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users