What makes you want to rage quit this game?

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

brick128 #81 Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29702 battles

1. First and most of all WG in all their wisdom creating super high alpha damage guns.

Not only the arty and deathstar, also KV-2, hetzer, T18 and the likes.

Although there are some just nothing less than OP, most are pretty bad tanks.

Problem is that it is no fun getting hit by one and it slows the games down to a big campfest in randoms. Why take a hit and do nothing in a game for a team of random players you can't even trust to take advantage of your sacrifice?

2. The incompetence of WG to properly balance the game.

WG made the classic mistake many game developers make.

They run into a balance problem that needs to be fixed. That happens, the trick is to solve the problem.

What they do is change the game instead of addressing the problem.

Best example is arty and TD/camping "fix".

Arty was hated and dominated the game to a point the game became unplayable.

Something had to be done and a string of soft nerfs came for arty.

The problem kept festering and and players started to revolt. Returning to garage on open maps, parking behind own arty and going afk, teamkilling own arty and so on.

Then they came with the big nerf, so big arty became almost unplayable.

Everything that could be nerfed was nerfed into oblivion. Reload and aiming, accuracy/dispersion and that wasn't all. Manouverebility, camo rating, top speed and power to weight ratio was hit also.

Every thing got nerfed.

Everything?

NO! The thing why people hated arty so much wasn't nerfed.

The insane potential alpha damage.

And to this day there are daily "I hate arty" threads on the forum.

Arty is just frustrating to play, you wait for ages to load and aim only to see your shot miss.

But every game you have one or two hits.

The guy getting hit didn't feel the five other shots that arty missed and the frustration of that, only the shot that ruined his game, and he rages and whines on the forum. And I can't blame him.

What WG did instead of fixing the real problem with arty, they made it only frustrating to play driving  most players away from it in the hope the problem went away.

And this nerf brings us right to our second point.

TD's dominating the game.

After the arty nerf everybody started playing TD's.

And to be honest the nerfed TD's pretty well.

Lowering alpha and fixing (most) of the OP camo values TD's are mostly fine in my opinion.

One thing WG went to far in is not only nerfing TD's but also changing the maps to make long range sniping less viable.

They placed objects or terrain in the line of fire and removed a lot of cover. This made life for TD's pretty difficult.

But it had a really big side effect.

Scouting became almost obsolete over night.

Again instead of fixing the real problem they screwed around with semi unrelated gamefeatures to reduce the effectiveness of TD's but in that hit other tank types in the core of their gameplay.

These are the main reasons why I rage quit the game.

Getting wrecked/oneshotted trying to play the game and have some fun.

I know I can avoid this by staying hidden and waiting for them to shoot and finish them, but I don't play this game to hide in a bush(except with scouts but I get back on that in a moment) for 7 minutes or longer not to get hit by these insane high alpha guns.

I also rage quit a lot in my scouts.

These day I have no clue on most maps where to go and help my team.

It always is one of two. I scout and my team has no line of fire or I scout but half the team can see enemy as easy as me and I get no spotting points.

And it is often that unbalanced features in the game keep festering.

Finally they rebalanced a lot next patch, but still there are some obvious tank bringing a lot of grief not fixed(cough WT cough).

2. Then there are day's I just ragequit due to the community and unlucky in teams I get dealt.

But mostly its bad gamedesign by WG that makes me look at and play other games these days.

But maps like Kharkov give me hope for the future.

I still love the game and will keep playing and even paying for it. Hell I even enjoy it even if I play a lot less the I used to.

Xino9922 #82 Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16063 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

One thing.... douchebags....

Well, I am sort of good at trolling them so bad that they teamkill me... and get autobanned. They usually rage at me afterwards...

Or I fool them into giving away their IP, and with my stronk stalking/tracking/investigating/hacking skills, locating them down to street level is no problem. Sending them their, name, address, phone number ect... in ingame chat usually freaks them out, and they never troll one again :trollface:

Wright_Track #83 Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11412 battles
  • [BLAST] BLAST

I am a pretty awful tanker - it might be that at 51 my reflexes are just too slow. 

But what really makes me want to rage quit is:

1. The whole team 'doing the usual' without noticing what type of game it is. This is the worst game-ruiner of all. My favourite is everybody rushing off on major flanking manoeuvres deep into enemy territory when we have the only base. I'm left behind 'holding the middle' to die quickly when half of the enemy rolls up. I try messaging 'Don't forget we're on the defensive here'. etc, but to no avail.
  2. Artillery trying to be Tank Destroyers.
  3. Heavy tanks hiding in the rear corners of the maps.
  4. 'Helpful' team mates who decide to give my slow tank a push.
  5. Team mates who flash up 'Follow Me' and then lead you into certain fiery death.
  6. My own tunnel vision or when I enter berserker mode as my brain just seizes up in the armoured equivalent of a glorious 19th century cavalry charge.
  7. How I don't listen to my own common sense.

My first post - I hope it's OK.

Xino9922 #84 Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16063 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostcaterpillarJoe, on 05 September 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

I am a pretty awful tanker - it might be that at 51 my reflexes are just too slow. 

But what really makes me want to rage quit is:

1. The whole team 'doing the usual' without noticing what type of game it is. This is the worst game-ruiner of all. My favourite is everybody rushing off on major flanking manoeuvres deep into enemy territory when we have the only base. I'm left behind 'holding the middle' to die quickly when half of the enemy rolls up. I try messaging 'Don't forget we're on the defensive here'. etc, but to no avail.
  2. Artillery trying to be Tank Destroyers.
  3. Heavy tanks hiding in the rear corners of the maps.
  4. 'Helpful' team mates who decide to give my slow tank a push.
  5. Team mates who flash up 'Follow Me' and then lead you into certain fiery death.
  6. My own tunnel vision or when I enter berserker mode as my brain just seizes up in the armoured equivalent of a glorious 19th century cavalry charge.
  7. How I don't listen to my own common sense.

My first post - I hope it's OK.

Great post for a first, especially on these forums :great:

Also, someone negrepped me?! Tyvm :trollface:

Wright_Track #85 Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11412 battles
  • [BLAST] BLAST
One other thing - the "Player of the Game" who only thinks of his own stats and his rewards, such as my team-mate in a heavier tank who rolled up behind me in the Cap circle at 95% and slowly pushed me out of the circle at 99%, thereby staking sole claim to all the glory. Git.

Deimnos #86 Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39788 battles
  • [RO-MW] RO-MW

View PostHidesHisFace, on 02 September 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

What makes me want to quit?

There are not many things that make me want to ragequit the battle itself... But there are some things that make me want to quit immediately AFTER the battle...

Mostly things like this:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2cqh8vp.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/2qnqzah.jpg

You know... I usually say that you should NOT trust XVM's predictions but THIS is just ridiculous. Most of the guys who dealt zero damage either didn't fire a SINGLE shot or fired their guns only once AND missed...

True, I didn't do particularly well... But the game was effectively 5 vs 15 and was over in around five minutes. I was so enraged I can't even describe it... Fortunately, after that complete disaster MM decided to throw me in better matches, as if trying to apologize for that... Whatever the heck that was.

I saw a friend of mine lose a 95% WR match(luckyly i was still not in wot at the time, i watched on his monitor because he told me quick, a 95% come watch the steamroll!!! )....... 5-15............................... he had 3 kills and more damage than the entire team combined and.... it just, i really don't understand. It was like the whole team was full of yellow to green players, but they all turned on bots and all bots met in one team ...  just..... no

Abramsfaust #87 Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21646 battles

Ok, let's see:

1. I hate artilleries. I know, you heard this too many times. It feels like (even it may not be 100% true) I'm a very stronk arty shell magnet. As I prefer playing mediums and most of the times I play them aggressive, I get spotted pretty fast..well that doesn't happen when MM deploys 3-4 artilleries because they all shoot their damned cannons at me. It just freezes my gameplay and it's not just my case. Artillery makes WoT much more passive and I find that distructive. Of course, it's true that they give some variety, but I feel that people choose to play them more and more. When I started playing WoT, back in January, this year, I was cursing every time I saw an SPG in the enemy team. Nowadays, I'm really happy to see "just" one enemy arty. Oh, and it seems like in most of the games (which are really rare) that lack arties, it happens for me to be driving my scouts. Ain't that just great??

2. I hate those guys that start a game with "tomatoes"/"omg lemmings -_-" and either drown themselves or go full retard towards enemy team to suicide and "end his misery". I myself dislike playing in a 30% win battle, but that doesn't stop me trying. Furthermore, it seems to happen just in my team. I don't remember to ever see an enemy suicide when my team was +60%.

3. I'm happy with finding xvm. When that happened, in spring I guess, my game began to quickly increase as I was concentrating a lot more. However, I don't feel like I'm enjoying playing WoT anymore.. Of course, WN8 is constantly raising, and recent statistics make me feel proud of myself, but what do I achieve by that? Is it worth having a better general score at the cost of losing the pleasure to play as I was having back in those days? I hope I'll stop caring about stats.. Of course, this doesn't make me RAGE QUIT, but I lose my will to play so I eventually exit the game.

4. I hate reds. That might sound arrogant, sorry about it. Well, I don't hate them for lacking any skill and knowledge about this game. I was like that when I started. What actually annoys me about them is that, as I said, I play very much mediums, so I often try to flank enemies. It's happening too many times for a so called 'red' to turn his gun against me and mistically hit me without aiming. I calculate my time to retreat based on his turret traverse + aim time + accuracy, so I put as many shots as possible, giving him a very low chance to hit me back. This is when magic happens: reds turn their turret, fire clutch without any hesitation and hits. Like, how can a T29 with a bad aim time/accuracy, after turning his turret, shoot at me without aiming from about 200m while I'm only exposing a rather thick A-44 turret and penetrate? (happend just today) Boom! Just like that.

5. This one doesn't make me rage quit, but it's annoying as hell. Why do draws count as losses? I mean, I don't care that much that my winning rate decreases as I draw, but you get experience and credits as if you'd lost. Why? For example, if my team dominates the opponents and only one enemy remains alive, but he decides to just hide till the time passes, is it fair to be counted as a loss? I know WG can't fix that, but it makes me go nuts when i don't get the victory after we crush the enemy.

Other things that take my sane away are being alone on one side, everybody else from my team massing the other, arty with XVM that'll shoot you and only you until you die just because XVM told him you're armed'n'dangerous, ghost shots that slip through enemies, driving slow tanks and trying to catch up with your team when they're tearing up and feasting on enemies, resulting in a battle in which you didn't even get the chance to see someone and premium ammo spam, even if they're top tier. Hope I didn't offend someone :(

Edited by Abramsfaust, 06 September 2014 - 01:22 AM.

saionara #88 Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 42151 battles
Weekends,god damn weekends!

A_Lethal1 #89 Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:50 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4640 battles

View PostAbramsfaust, on 06 September 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

5. This one doesn't make me rage quit, but it's annoying as hell. Why do draws count as losses? I mean, I don't care that much that my winning rate decreases as I draw, but you get experience and credits as if you'd lost. Why? For example, if my team dominates the opponents and only one enemy remains alive, but he decides to just hide till the time passes, is it fair to be counted as a loss? I know WG can't fix that, but it makes me go nuts when i don't get the victory after we crush the enemy.

Other things that take my sane away are being alone on one side, everybody else from my team massing the other, arty with XVM that'll shoot you and only you until you die just because XVM told him you're armed'n'dangerous, ghost shots that slip through enemies, driving slow tanks and trying to catch up with your team when they're tearing up and feasting on enemies, resulting in a battle in which you didn't even get the chance to see someone and premium ammo spam, even if they're top tier. Hope I didn't offend someone :(

I thought it was just me that felt this way.

-also-

I have a friend who plays a lot of mid tier artillery and when I asked him why artillery seems to pick on one or two players.   I was told that there are 3 reasons for this being done and none had anything to do with XVM.  (at least in his case)

1) They are easy targets and continue to be easy targets.

2)Teammates who request fire on that target.

3) Laziness of the artillery as moving the target reticle opens up the aiming circle and the more you move it, the wider that targeting circle becomes in effect slowing down your fire time and/or accuracy.

His suggestion to me was if this starts happening to me was to find a hole (artillery safe I think he meant) and wait it out.  until Artillery goes after a new target not anywhere near me. 

Lil_Nas_X #90 Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostcaterpillarJoe, on 05 September 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

'Helpful' team mates who decide to give my slow tank a push.

Why is that a bad thing? They only try to help. Besides, sometimes it really helps.

Hardraw_Force #91 Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12636 battles

View Postbrynje, on 26 July 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

1. arty

2. braindead players

oh wait.. that's the same thing :trollface:

arty players have a zipper at the back of their head to remove the brain for artillery duty

Nemasansi #92 Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19811 battles

I'm annoyed by heavies that hiding behind rock (on the edge of the map) entire game and, at the end, move and fire few shots and get exp for doing nothing. By that time, most of team already died, while fighting for his win also.

But what I hate the most is when I see that high tier player have NO IDEA how to play his tank! Arti that doesn't shoot most critical area; heavies that hide behind scouts, tds and meds; meds that think they r TDs; TD's that pushes through heavy teammates tanks and are just in the way (and than block you because suddenly they want to go back)....

Teammates that play this game only to express their frustrations and, by doing that, ruining game for everyone else. 

Experienced by event that happened to me, I'll tell you how you can kill your teammate and not get punished (this conclusion came from WG help desk as answer when I sent ticket) - if you kill him fast enough (in 1 or 2 shots) you won't get punished, even if it is on purpose, because game mechanic can't make difference what is accidental shot and what is on purpose. If you kill him after longer period of shooting, you will get banned. Doesn't matter if it is accidental (for example, when he constantly jumping in front of you while exchanging fire with enemy).

Another thing that is VERY frustrating - when someone, lighter tank than you, ram into you (because he doesn't look where is he going) and YOU have to pay penalty for his stupidity or reckless. Basically, if you have scout and you see that combat is lost, find heavier teammate and ram into him several times and you will get compensation. THAT IS MOST IDIOTIC THING IN THIS GAME.

WG - PLEASE FIX THIS THINGS!!!

Edited by Nemasansi, 22 November 2014 - 10:24 AM.

maxim131 #93 Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3408 battles
RNG. this is what mostly annoys me, Having very good Performed, at the Entire battle, like blocked many damage, then at the end RNG deicded to stop me. like i shoot the other player that has only 90 HP left and it doesent penetrate him even though it suppose to penetrate him and then i get destroyed, thus ruining my battle.

etikchoochoo #94 Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4755 battles
  • [J3FF] J3FF
Is-3's that decide to camp at the back of the map when they are top tier and everyone else is tier 6

Ulfhedinn_ #95 Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles
Teams full of platoons when I'm trying to play Leo PTA. Solo it doesn't stand a chance, hardly any opportunity to influence outcome. Peoples stats who platoon loads in this game, biggest con going.

Stixius #96 Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18930 battles

View PostTilly042, on 24 August 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Folks not using their vehicles as they are meant to be used.  Camping fast tanks, lights and meds that stay well to the rear when we are attacking and the enemy defending.  Heavies too sometimes but its the lights and meds that irk me the most.

This combined with my own incompetence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users