Disconnect protection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

blaz3r125 #1 Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9259 battles
HI all,

I don't know about other internet connections but I often disconnect because mine is [edited]shite.
Would it be in peoples interest to force WG into creating some sort of tank/warplane protection where although the client will not be in game and their tank will be unable to battle, it cannot be killed until say, 5 minutes before the time limit. 

I often find that by the time i get back online, i can still do damage, earn XP, credits etc... but some one has already killed me while I WASN'T EVEN ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET, and I find this very unfair.

post below to see what you think. 

15JG52Brauer #2 Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 73854 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
No,no,no and thrice nay!!! Bots and unscrupulous people would disconnect and hen reconnect as late as possible to try and mop up the damage left at the end. If you have a bad connection dont play - or pay the price if you get killed while disconnected. It has happened to me and will again - but I didn't feel the need to come up with a crackpot idea like this ;-)

MeetriX #3 Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 19348 battles

Why punish players who has no problems? They shoot you with no dmg=waist of credits and you still spot them.

Think this. You go alone and suddenly you are front of +3 enemy and you turn off the modem.

guest273 #4 Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles

So we all have technical problems like screen freezes for 5 sec.

I wold love my tank to stop moving, especially if my tank is next to water or a cliff.

When I get this screen freeze I am not able to control the tank...then why DA FU** is it still moving?

Someone else like - autopilot maybe moving it? Then why it can't shoot and angle in that case also if I have lag? If there is no connection coming from the user then why does your tank keeps moving? Fa**** n0b programering. 

_Antipathy #5 Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

View Postblaz3r125, on 27 July 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

HI all,

I don't know about other internet connections but I often disconnect because mine is [edited]shite.
Would it be in peoples interest to force WG into creating some sort of tank/warplane protection where although the client will not be in game and their tank will be unable to battle, it cannot be killed until say, 5 minutes before the time limit. 

I often find that by the time i get back online, i can still do damage, earn XP, credits etc... but some one has already killed me while I WASN'T EVEN ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET, and I find this very unfair.

Try getting a better connection.

MeetriX #6 Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 19348 battles

View Postguest273, on 27 July 2014 - 08:13 PM, said:

So we all have technical problems like screen freezes for 5 sec.

I wold love my tank to stop moving, especially if my tank is next to water or a cliff.

When I get this screen freeze I am not able to control the tank...then why DA FU** is it still moving?

Someone else like - autopilot maybe moving it? Then why it can't shoot and angle in that case also if I have lag? If there is no connection coming from the user then why does your tank keeps moving? Fa**** n0b programering. 

Because last command from you to server was move!

John_Preston #7 Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

View Postblaz3r125, on 27 July 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

HI all,

Yeah, let's just introduce combat logging in WoT too. :D

Also tagged with Disconnect, protection

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users