ELC AMX - Tank review

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Amkal #21 Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-

I am not very good at the elc, i have only recently rebought it, cuz i think it looks great and also is great fun to play.

+1 for thr effort of making a review, but i cant agree on most of the stuff about crew and equipment.

The single biggest advantage if this tank over any other is the camo factor. This is why camo should always be the first skill to train. After that the commander gets reset to 6th sense and starts to learn camo again. The driver however IMO should get clutch braking, which will significantly buff its turning ability. Third commander skill needs to be sit. awareness for view range buff, while offroad driving is great for the driver. Still dont have 4th skill, but probably the best idea here is to go for BIA after another reset.

Also, this tank needs to have camo paint all the time. It is very cheap to buy for a month and imo worth doing it.

Equipment-wise I think the only right way is to go for optics, binocs and rammer. If having a BIA-rdy crew, vents instead of binocs is the way. GLD? No, because in the elc shot are fired either from point blank range, or from longer distance but fully aimed. The latter occurs in late game, when it should be easy to find a good vantage point and have the time to aim cuz the enemy can never spot you

hucca1 #22 Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10602 battles

View PostFabunil, on 08 August 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

IMO a camo net is pretty much useless on the ELC (or on pretty much any tank in the game except maybe for certain turreted tankdestroyers)

The Camo is good enough to stay hidden inside a Bush until you are proxyspotted anyway.

I use Vents, Binos and Optics to maximize my viewrange.

For the Crew 6th Sense and camo are the most important skills for any light tank.

Yeah, fully agree. Camo net is useless on the ELC. Also have the same setup with vents, binos, optics.

dyrewolfe #23 Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 4721 battles

Just bought the ELC today so am a complete noob with it.

Have to say active scouting isn't my strong suit (I'm a better sniper) and I may well end up just grinding through it to the next tank. Have some experience though in the Luchs and Pz38na.

Will fit a GLD and Optics when I can afford them and have upgraded to the 90mm gun. For now I'll go with binocs and a camo net and try a mix of passive and active scouting (and praying I survive long enough to be useful).

Edited by dyrewolfe, 25 August 2014 - 09:00 PM.

Shanaar #24 Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 15712 battles

Mine second most played tank, with 833 battles. (Chaffee has it beat with 896)

Still have no idea how I got 4 kamikazes on it.

Great tank, can do active and even when needed passive.

Here is replay where I did both and ended up with 6239 spotting damage.

http://wotreplays.co...te/1109467#self

_Waste_ #25 Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20398 battles

The ELC is a "born-to-be-active-scout".  WOOT? itis a perfect passiv scout , yea sure 360m range , but that is ok whit the most map and game.

You miss some Point in your rew.

1) itis not a arty killer like some other scouts.

2)It can huge most of the Heavy tanks ( like when they scream for help)

3) itis probely the best scout tank for itis tier

I did skip the camo net after my crew skill was around 80% (itis now 100%)

Gruminmor #26 Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14749 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
OP you brought up some valid points, and several which I flat out don't agree with. But my real question is why the hell are you using enhanced torsion bars?! 

azakow #27 Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 79243 battles

View PostLoekie5500, on 29 July 2014 - 12:26 AM, said:

EQUIPMENT/CREW SKILLS/CONSUMABLES ETC

On my ELC, currently I have:

-Gun Rammer

-Enhanced Gun Laying Drive

-Enhanced Torsion Bars

Gun Rammer to lower your reload, GLD to lower the aiming time, Torsion bars to save yourself a lot of damage when falling or jumping. Though the Torsion bars could be preferably replaced for Vents, because they always work, Coated Optics, because a view range boost is always nice, or maybe even a spall liner, to avoid being very vulnerable to ramming and HE. 

My Crew has 3 skills, busy with the 4th. The ELC has a 2-man crew, a commander and a driver. The driver only has the driving task, and driving skills, whereas the commander is the commander, loader, gunner and radio-operator in once. Therefor, always have a med-kit, because a dead commander makes your ELC almost unusuable. Large med-kit is not really an option, because when multiple crewmen die (2), the crew's dead and the tank is knocked out.

Crew skills are now:

Commander: Sixth sense | Improved view range (dunno what it's called in english ;]) | Improved signal range | Eagle Eye 56%

Driver: Comfortable drive | Offroad driving | Controlled Ramming | Clutch Braking 56%

Arguably repair or even better, camouflage would be better, this would be my next skill. Still, these perks will help the ELC doing great.

Consumables, just small basic consumables, though Coffee or Gasoline would be nice, since it doesn't catch fire very often. 

Additional, you can apply camouflage, for a very small chance to be seen.

Im impressed, that such a suboptimal crew training and module setup can provide so much fun.

I suggest to peform some reading on crew skills and there effects, as well as some reading on module setup for this vehicle.

:honoring:

no_name_cro #28 Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18939 battles

I have ELC. I must say, I am no good scout player so I play it like stealth ninja. My setup:

Equipment:

• GLD
  • Binos
  • Camo net

Crew:

• Commander -> 6th sense, camo, then other things you prefer.
  • Driver -> Camo, then what other things you prefer.

What I like about ELC is how ninja this tank is! Tanks can pass near you and they can't see you. And since you have that 90mm gun it is easy to do some damage, when you hit 100% camo along with camo net and binos you are guaranteed to score hits unseen. The drawbacks are low HP and armor so the more unseen you are the more you benefit to your team.

Here is a little comparison how it handles pimped Pershing:

peikkopepponen #29 Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9179 battles

After a 7 battles I have to say ELC is just sick! It is so agile that most tanks with bad players are joke for it.

It is just superb as it can scout in tier 8 battles quite well and pen those sides easily.

In easier MM battles it just kills everyone!

It sure needs some skill to drive but I have little experinece with E-25. They are some what alike though ELC is more agile and has better gun alpha wise, lower dpm and accuracy.

Must keep in carage, possible have to buy a gold crew for it as this crew goes to AMX 12. Hmmm.. Or gold crew to AMX 12... hmmm... :teethhappy:

ilmavarvas #30 Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17098 battles
  • [GURKO] GURKO

Recently started going down the French medium line, some change for my most played Russian line and got the ELC and AMX 12t. Problem with ELC is that MM is giving my little bugger some very hard time, bottom tier all the time, wich is good for getting scouting dmg, but the problem is that I seem to end up in sub-zero skill teams constantly, like under 40% WC all the time and full red/orange players, and with ELC, I do find it hard to carry those teams with that +3 tier spread.

In AMX 12t I get normal teams way more often, already ace'd it two times :)

DeltaOperator #31 Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24028 battles

http://wotreplays.eu...perator-elc_amx

:)

lord_chipmonk #32 Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35356 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

OP, I take issue! I didn't see the phrase "bundle of pure, condensed joy" anywhere in your review! ;)

p.s. I'm still giving you a +1 though

Iosys #33 Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20636 battles
  • [CRYA] CRYA

Already finished the french med tree before they up-tiered them and introduced the ELC.

Saw the ELC had a nice new HD paintjob-- and it was on discount for 150k. Needed a cheap scout for some missions and...

My god. What have I missed. D:

Even with a 75% crew and just a gun rammer, it's awesome. It's full of stars.

Great gun, even if the aiming time and accuracy are goddamn awful. Camo is first-class.

Brawls fine too. Facehugged a KV-2 and he couldn't depress his gun far enough to hit me.

PoIestar #34 Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32503 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Didn't even knew I started this thread lolol.

Anyway, I just received my second mark, with a daily WN8 rating of 2500... This tank is total love.

ghost_tiger #35 Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12793 battles
  • [X_O] X_O
ELC got ruined with the last update. Its taller now and ugly. Its not as fun as it used to be.

Amkal #36 Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-

It is still great. Never going to sell mine.

WG, pls dont nerf it! This is a tank that rewards skilled plat greatly.

KaruKaataja #37 Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29014 battles
  • [KAATO] KAATO

Here is my humble ELC:

I'm using optics instead of binocs; constant view range is 425m atm - when i reach 100% it is going to be 428m. I find it way more useful since I do more active scouting.

I'd love to use camonet but i really love other equipment too.. tough call ;)

Edited by KaruKaataja, 10 June 2015 - 08:45 AM.

Amkal #38 Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-
Wtf, u dont need that gld. Either get binocs or at least rammer. Gld is as useful as torsion bars here, especially with crew as good as yours.

DK_dwwa #39 Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17718 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I have played 60 battles in the ELC. 64% wr, 680 avg damage and rising, 1.1 kills per game.

My setup is binocs, optics and the GLD. Thinking about replacing optics with rammer/vents.

Crew: 6th + camo

Camo paint

Depending on the map and team I will do passive scouting if there is a good bush or active spotting initialy. Binocs are essential in my opinion. Either for initial passive scouting or during late game to win the vision games.

There is lot's of moments when you can stand still in the ELC since aiming takes a log time. I will usually sit in a bush and preaim a position where tanks will apear, shoot them and relocate.

You can switch to yolo mode in the second part of battle after it is already won thanks to your spotting or shooting.

Because ELC has such good camo you can play it in middle distance to enemy so that aiming/hitting tanks isn't that big of a problem.

theSwedishTankDriver #40 Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25649 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

Here's my stats in it and what crewskills and equipment I use:

IMO you have to be stupid to not use binos on the ELC, seriously, 360 meters view range is crap. I also think having better aim time (2.9 sec base is quite terrible) is more important than shooting faster, so I went for vents and GLD instead of gun rammer. But that's just personal preference. As you can see I managed to get "XX"-rating in xTE, so I think this play style and setup works fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users