One year ago..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Tundra772 #1 Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3438 battles

1 year, ago a mighty tank called T-50-2 was removed from the game. Also known as Artful Dodger, used to be Credit to Team.

The 8.7 patch was applied one year ago today, so the mighty tank was removed today.
R.I.P, we will never forget you.
(Post a screenshot of your T-50-2 if you have! :smile:)

Konsition #2 Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 12899 battles
  • [RB_TV] RB_TV

Never forget this tank..

sadly, i have no screenies but it was my favourite scout.

Eight_Ball #3 Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 36758 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS

Totally OP scout, running sideways, all over the place, spamming shells on auto aim, while creating havoc - GREAT to ride, feared by arty.

but the MT-25 (the bathtub) is not far behind, as from the last changes - Install suspension, and train crew for cammo and driving... then it is almost the same - except for acceleration.

ReindeerBob #4 Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 42193 battles
  • [WWMR] WWMR

If you want to extensively dramatize, that's your business. 

But don't call T-50-2 a tank. Even in arcade game such as this one, that particular tank was too damn arcadish by any given standards.

Race car, that's what it was. Glad it got removed. Hell, yes.

krazypenguin #5 Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Spoiler

Tundra772 #6 Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3438 battles

View PostBandolier, on 29 July 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

But don't call T-50-2 a tank. Even in arcade game such as this one, that particular tank was too damn arcadish by any given standards.

I'm not here for arguments or discussion. I'm here to keep peace and see some cool screenshots and remind the ones who love it's favourite tank. I did open this on off topic. I'm not going to reply to what you said anyway.

_Antipathy #7 Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles
Spoiler

Eight_Ball #8 Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 36758 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS

View PostBandolier, on 29 July 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

If someone wants to make a thread of celebraition towards something, he remembered as being positive and fun, then i guess that is his right. Then the guys, that did not like that particular tank or incident, can leave the  thread alone. Freedom of speech is exactly that: The right to give your opinion - Wether you HAVE to do this or not, is a totally different story. Sometimes people should think oabout their negative opinions, if they are relevant or not, before throwing them out on a public forum, in my opinion! Show a little "greatness" and leave people to have fun and good memories, instead of always dragging the threads through the dirt!!

And for the definition of a "tank": steel armored vehicle on belts, fitted with a gun <-- Is this a tank? in my opinion, YES! Then you can call it arcadish or whatever - but it is a tank per definition.

_Antipathy #9 Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/273922-in-memoriam-t-50-2/

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/340118-i-miss-t-50-2/

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/275583-rip-t50-2-and-fun-times-with-wot/

I wish WG listened to the community.

ReindeerBob #10 Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 42193 battles
  • [WWMR] WWMR

View PostTundra772, on 29 July 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

I'm not here for arguments or discussion. (...)

I'm not arguing, just saying that you're dramatizing. Any by me saying "that's your business", I'm actually giving a statement that it's ok for you to express your love towards this... vehicle. 

(...) I'm here to keep peace and (...)

Yes, I noticed your intentions of peace when you typed  R.I.P, we will never forget you.

I mean, really. Come on? Was it a member of your family? You're really being hilarious (but in a positive, silly way). 

What's happening with these new generations? Your moral compases these days are way off. It's like this thread about the person who achieved something truly great, and not a damn digital toy-car. Like I said, it's drama. 

(...) I'm not going to reply to what you said anyway.

You just did and this is me replying to your reply. 

This is what you can call one-guy-trying-to-start-the-argument. Comment in my previous post most definitely wasn't.

View PostEight_Ball, on 29 July 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

If someone wants to make a thread of celebraition towards something, he remembered as being positive and fun, then i guess that is his right. (...)

And if someone wants to say that someone who made a thread of celebration of some travesty is in fact dramatizing, then I guess... No, I don't guess, I firmly state that is his right also. 

(...) Then the guys, that did not like that particular tank or incident, can leave the  thread alone. (...)

Can't wait to do just that, as soon as I'm done replying to you :) I'll never come back to see your answer, but you will 'cause this place, this forum means great deal a lot to you, judging by the activity of your forum account. Not criticizing, just making an observation. Hope you don't mind. 

(...) Freedom of speech is exactly that: The right to give your opinion - Wether you HAVE to do this or not, is a totally different story. (...)

Don't say. Well, expressing my opinion(s) is also exercise of that same freedom, isn't it? So, you can judge me but I can't comment a guy who made this ridiculous thread named One year ago? That's a lousy argument you're presenting here, lawyer. 

(...) Sometimes people should think oabout their negative opinions, if they are relevant or not, before throwing them out on a public forum, in my opinion! (...)

Whoa, that was deep. You're a real thinker, aren't you. Speaking of relevance, I'm hoping, for your sake, that you don't think those 1870 posts of yours ever had any significance. Not yours nor anyone else's. It's just the way things are. Notion such as that can be really rough to people sometimes. 

(...) Show a little "greatness" and leave people to have fun and good memories, instead of always dragging the threads through the dirt!! (...)

Show little "greatness"? Donate couple of thousands of euros to animal shelters, then I'll propagate your and/or someone else's true greatness in that case. Maybe you should do just that instead of idealising travesties such as these threads and/or quasi-imaginary racing tanks with mobility of F1. 

And I didn't drag anything through the dirt (those are your words) in my previous post, except mentioning dramatization, which it is. You ought to read more carefully. 

But it's ok, I understand people like you. This game probably means a lot to you, it took you within its grasp, you invested a lot in it, both money and time, didn't you. You should get out more often, just saying in case that you don't. I mean, I really understand. And here I am attacking one of the symbols of WoT season 2011-2012 (or is it 2012-2013). Back in the days, right? For someone to criticize that, is offensive to you. Yes, I totally dig it, I'm a bad guy for trying to minimize the importance of such enormously important pillars of your 2-years-ago past self.

You had -2 so I gave you +1 'cause I know that means a lot to you. Cheers.

If there's someone I might have offended with my post(s), I sincerely apologize.

Not. 

Edited by Bandolier, 30 July 2014 - 10:19 AM.

Eight_Ball #11 Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 36758 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS

GEEZ - What a serious, and easily offended guy - I guess my kind and good humored advised is wasted, as it turned out to be a rather personalized answer. Well what the heck - I can live with that. If someone want to take everything so serious, there might be other things on this persons mind, that he could address in order to get the pressure off.

Please keep patronising me -oh no... forgot it: You are not going to reply. that's fine - And I hope you have a better life, after venting such surpressed rage1

And i am not offended - just mildly surprised of such anger within you, forcing you to go out in this negative anger, over a small thing like a memorial to an imaginary tank, that some people found funny.

what kind of money and time, i have spent on the game, is irelevant, or at least a personal thing - I am not near your 34k battles, so please do not make yourself look more foolish than necessary - At least you have spent more time on the game, than me - Maybe I have spent more money - but does that matter? My money = My choice.... Just as: Your time = your choice.

But again: We are different, and that shows - Good Sire... Have a nice life.

EDIT: As it seems important to you, just for the record: No reps from me - neither neg or pos. I simply don't care.

Edited by Eight_Ball, 30 July 2014 - 10:48 AM.

soolerman #12 Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles

I used to hate this tank. I was forever getting killed by it. One minute I would be happily shooting at something in my heavy. The next minute I had be circled to death and the little terror would be half way across the map mugging an arty.

That said I was horrified that wg decided to remove it from the game. The thing was loved by so many and was replaced by a hunk of junk not worth having. The removal of the T-50-2 was on of the single biggest mistakes wg have made.

RIP T-50-2  a much hated (by me) but much missed pain in the b*m.

Edited by soolerman, 30 July 2014 - 08:35 PM.

Tundra772 #13 Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3438 battles

View Postsoolerman, on 30 July 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

I used to hate this tank. I was forever getting killed by it. One minute I would be happily shooting at something in my heavy. The next minute I had be circled to death and the little terror would be half way across the map mugging an arty.

That said I was horrified that wg decided to remove it from the game. The thing was loved by so many and was replaced by a hunk of junk not worth having. The removal of the T-50-2 was on of the single biggest mistakes wg have made.

RIP T-50-2  a much hated (by me) but much missed pain in the b*m.

Sometimes pain you gained would be a missed thing. That pain is included in game, so, not everyone should survive. I simply should not survive on battlefield, neither I should explode. The words you wrote impressed me :biggrin:

Woody1999 #14 Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 13519 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

http://wotreplays.com/site/211959#redshire-woody1999-t-50-2

My beauty. Not exactly a good game, but the amount of distance travelled, oh wow. That tank could do laps of the map again and again, so much fun.

God bless the T-50-2.

Woody

Edited by Woody1999, 01 August 2014 - 11:45 PM.

Woody1999 #15 Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 13519 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users