Chaffee - Worst Tier 10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

bubo_bubo #1 Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 109305 battles
  • [KULIN] KULIN

A bit of a bad joke, but it drives the point of it being the biggest spender of credits in the game! And I'm of course not talking about the use of gold ammo which I despise and wish burned, and a lot of other horrible stuff.

No, I'm talking about the regular Chaffee, which every round costs me more credits than a bad round in a Tier 10 tank.

Out goes the Chaffee, time to get the money back in a Tier 10.

So, any hopes that insane unjustified repair cost will go down in the next patch (if 9.3 is when the rework is being done).

LUNSSI #2 Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 14740 battles

So you were in a game opposite me just prior to this post. You went to a terrible position and then got killed. Than came here to rage. The chafee on our team lit up the enemy is7 and he took alot of damage from myself and others. Our chaffee went on to get more spots....

How predictable that you would come here and rage about the tank.. of course the driver was not to blame.

QQ

bubo_bubo #3 Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 109305 battles
  • [KULIN] KULIN

View PostStoke_Me_A_Clipper, on 04 August 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

So you were in a game opposite me just prior to this post. You went to a terrible position and then got killed. Than came here to rage. The chafee on our team lit up the enemy is7 and he took alot of damage from myself and others. Our chaffee went on to get more spots....

How predictable that you would come here and rage about the tank.. of course the driver was not to blame.

QQ

I would have been fine if a bloody friendly IS-7 didn't keep pushing me in the enemy line of fire.

Oh look, it's you who can't keep those poorly thought out of insults and  repeats like a parrot. Go away. Reported.

Edited by bubo_bubo, 04 August 2014 - 02:58 AM.

3Form #4 Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 18246 battles

You only lose money in the Chaffee when you take damage. The secret is to not die.

I only lose money in the Chaffee at the moment because I'm running cola.

War_of_Genius #5 Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28993 battles

Hi Bubo_Bubo,

u die in over 95% of your Chaffee matches, while your average XP is not very high (not enough spotting done) and your average damage is not even as high as 3 shots per battle.

Now here is a tip: Be way less aggresive. Of course LTs have a much smaller survival right, but under 5% is way too low, which tells me u die to quickly. A good scout works the whole match, not just the first minute.

Also: Try to do more damage at the end of the battle. U then can circle lonely enemies easily with that great tank. Also if scouting is not possible at the moment: Try sniping a bind, there is almost always some T110E5/4/3(siedes/back) or German Waffenträger which u can easily penetrate.

Last but not least: Learn how to scout. First: Decide if u want to be an active scout, or passive. Active means u mount optics, passive means binocs. Let's look at Murovanka. Say u want to scout the forrest, there are two options.

Green: Passive scout.

Red: active scout run(when your teammates are in position). First red, second run (one minute later) orange, third run (another minute later) yellow. if u drive just west to the forrest u are in a ditch, which means u are harder to hit and tanks without gundepression may not hit u at all. Also to be sure to wait a bit between runs, to let your (possible) magazine tanks reload and forget the enemies about u.

NEVER EVER DRIVE THROUGH THE FORREST.

This is an example. There is good scouting and there is... dying.

Edited by General_Jack_D_Ripper, 04 August 2014 - 03:18 AM.

bubo_bubo #6 Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 109305 battles
  • [KULIN] KULIN

I don't have trouble with other scouts. I'm a bit divided about the ELC, but I loved my 12t, I've got 3330 exp round with 13 90, 59-16 is one of the most fun little hells I've played with... That's why I'm specificaly mentioning Cheffee. Whatever I do it's the wrong move in this tank. Idiots pushing me out of cover aside, I'm yet to get any of the maps where a scout is capable of you know, scouting. And the repair price of nearly 10k in a tier 5 LIGHT! tank... it's just ridiculous. The "3 shots" you mention are the ones I get to fire before death rains on me while I flee when I'm spotted. And city maps and tight "open" maps are not where I can scout for my team since the enemy will disappear before anything of mine comes even close.

I'm well aware of how agile Chaffee is and how oh so wonderful its gun is, but I can't get this bloody tank to work. It might the map rotation as well -.- It's horrendous.

Right now it's a tank for mazohistic, I guess I'll get used to it. But the costs are just bafling.

EDIT

You weren't kidding. This think earns EXP like it's from another dimension!!!!

http://wotreplays.co...ubo-m24_chaffee

And now a second awesome round was taken away from me by a gold fire extinguisher -.-

Edited by bubo_bubo, 04 August 2014 - 06:03 AM.

War_of_Genius #7 Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28993 battles

Very well,

I take your word and say: You just had bad luck. Keep up the good work, this will most likely change. :smile:

Congratulations to the two battles, both are fantastic. :great:

You are a long player, but since u did not play that many battles in the respective tanks, I give you a small WoT history lesson.

VK2801, T-50-2 and Chaffe were the only true scouts back in the day. Extremely fast and agile fighting machines, which could also but their weight into the battle. Back then, arty was raining hell on everybody, the maps used to be a bit more open and a good scout made all the difference.

VK2801 was a great defender against other LTs, ramming and derping them with amazing speed. Best used as a passive scout most of the time. It is now Tier VI and it got nerfed.

T-50-2 was a race car. Unbelievable agile and fast. It was best used as an active racing machine just before the enemy lines. Replaced by MT-25

Chaffe was what it is now, with easier enemies, though.

They were the LT top tiers and treated like top tiers. Very high cost but unbelievable high potency.

Next patch 9.3 Chaffe will step down from its throne, as the last remaining true Tier 5 scout. It will have its income increased and lose the huge second turret and get way easier MM. Germany, Russai and the US will recieve Tier 8 LTs(and tanks leading to that in case uf US and RU) and in general WG is said to be buffing LTs(scouts) next patch.

So yes, the income sucks, since Chaffe is treated as a top tier, this will change, though.

Edited by General_Jack_D_Ripper, 04 August 2014 - 08:31 AM.

bubo_bubo #8 Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 109305 battles
  • [KULIN] KULIN

Nothing I didn't know already, but nicely summarized. The "the last remaining true Tier 5 scout" even sounds elevated and grand xD

Since I opened the topic I hard too many rounds with giant soft targets (Lowe for example) were spotted for half a minute in the middle of the open field, and tanks like T57 and other nasty machines didn't land a hit.

I got 3 Orlik's medals in 26 rounds played so far, and the most I've done by scouting is 2000, because apparently it's out of style to shoot at spotted targets. There are several Tier 7 rounds where we lost and I came out on top with 1000+ damage with everyone being under...

One of the reasons why my winrate is 53% -.-

indu #9 Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34846 battles
Chaffe gets tier 8 max after the 9.1 patch or not ?

bubo_bubo #10 Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 109305 battles
  • [KULIN] KULIN

This! This is what I'm always talking about! THEY DIDN'T EVEN DO 1000 SPOTTING DAMAGE! I HAD THEM LIT UP THE WHOLE TIME!

And if you inspect the whole team for spotting damage, no, I have the most damage by spotting in the team, a total of 808!!!!!!!

View Postindu, on 04 August 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Chaffe gets tier 8 max after the 9.1 patch or not ?

Nope, I just returned from a Tier 10 round.

If it's 9.3 then I guess so? At least it will stop all the one shots -.-

Edited by bubo_bubo, 04 August 2014 - 10:48 AM.

War_of_Genius #11 Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28993 battles
I think he means 9.3

LUNSSI #12 Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 14740 battles

View Postbubo_bubo, on 04 August 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

I would have been fine if a bloody friendly IS-7 didn't keep pushing me in the enemy line of fire.

Oh look, it's you who can't keep those poorly thought out of insults and  repeats like a parrot. Go away. Reported.

It was the is7 that ended up doing your job and scouting 4 tanks in our base 2 of which then died..? or another is7?

Never mid my insults. You raged in the battle.. I offered you a tissue for your tears.... a kind gesture. you called me a b1tch.. I am intersted in your interpretation of the word b1tch seeing as it quite clearly describes you in that instance and not me.

Anyway I offer you a sinlge very usefull piece of advice. Scouts must survive!

Edited by Stoke_Me_A_Clipper, 04 August 2014 - 11:05 AM.

Hodders #13 Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24599 battles
  • [OCUK] OCUK

OP - you have played 53000 games over 3 years. That's on average 46 games per DAY ! Each game lasts 5 mins. That is nearly 4 hours of your day every day for the last 3 years.

WOW - just WOW !

Gruminmor #14 Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14749 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View Postbubo_bubo, on 04 August 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

This! This is what I'm always talking about! THEY DIDN'T EVEN DO 1000 SPOTTING DAMAGE! I HAD THEM LIT UP THE WHOLE TIME!

And if you inspect the whole team for spotting damage, no, I have the most damage by spotting in the team, a total of 808!!!!!!!

My two biggest problems with the Chaffee;

1. Your team can't hit anything.

2. Your team stops in the stupidest places to shoot at the enemy you've lite up, which leaves          gaping holes in your line and provides easy kills for the enemy.

3Form #15 Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 18246 battles

View PostGruminmor, on 04 August 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Yeah, I swear that getting good early spots across the field on Malinovka would result in half the enemy team losing half their health and make it an easy win for your team.

Now whenever I do that, either my teammates fire gets themselves revealed and mauled in return, or every tank on the team stops moving and attempts to snipe, resulting in only 1-2 tanks leaving the base. Resulting in an appalling defeat.

bubo_bubo #16 Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 109305 battles
  • [KULIN] KULIN

View PostHodders, on 04 August 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

OP - you have played 53000 games over 3 years. That's on average 46 games per DAY ! Each game lasts 5 mins. That is nearly 4 hours of your day every day for the last 3 years.

WOW - just WOW !

Unemployment does things to people.

View PostStoke_Me_A_Clipper, on 04 August 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

View Postbubo_bubo, on 04 August 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

Anyway I offer you a sinlge very usefull piece of advice. Scouts must survive!

SCOUTS CAN'T! SURVIVE if they're pushed out of cover in front of the enemy by their own teammate. Or if they get spotted in the open and they park behind an unspotted scout!

Edited by bubo_bubo, 05 August 2014 - 12:36 AM.

bubo_bubo #17 Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 109305 battles
  • [KULIN] KULIN

Have to give hats down to this team. They pulled it through in the end :D

fisco77 #18 Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 78618 battles

View Post3Form, on 04 August 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

Yeah, I swear that getting good early spots across the field on Malinovka would result in half the enemy team losing half their health and make it an easy win for your team.

Now whenever I do that, either my teammates fire gets themselves revealed and mauled in return, or every tank on the team stops moving and attempts to snipe, resulting in only 1-2 tanks leaving the base. Resulting in an appalling defeat.

This!!! I stopped going to the bush of doom in the middle of the field with my scouts in the beginning of the match, and anyway the current meta is K3 (until 9.3?) so they do the work...

slightly off-topic but yeah...

Edited by fisco77, 21 August 2014 - 07:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users