gamescom Needs You! The Results

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Come and check out the winning propaganda posters of our Creative Contest: Gamescom Needs You!

Full news text

HeatSeekerGTR #2 Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14824 battles
  • [SCAMR] SCAMR

Gratz to the winners! :great:

And for others... better luck next time!

Omg_Banana #3 Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22671 battles
  • [GRTR] GRTR

i just wanna know with what criteria you vote for the winners.

~~The task is simple: create a stylized propaganda poster on the topic: “Join us at gamescom”

SanyaJuutilainen #4 Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20812 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postreaperakos, on 12 August 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

i just wanna know with what criteria you vote for the winners.

~~The task is simple: create a stylized propaganda poster on the topic: “Join us at gamescom”

How they like it across community manager people, I guess. All of the winners seem pretty stylized to me, if you ask me (no detailed photos etc).

And grats to winners!

Omg_Banana #5 Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22671 battles
  • [GRTR] GRTR

View PostNya_Chan, on 12 August 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

How they like it across community manager people, I guess. All of the winners seem pretty stylized to me, if you ask me (no detailed photos etc).

And grats to winners!

well sorry to say that but if they seem to you all stylized you have zero idea of what stylized means.

MrSlowPlay #6 Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26090 battles

View Postreaperakos, on 12 August 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

well sorry to say that but if they seem to you all stylized you have zero idea of what stylized means.

I was talking to my clanmates about the submissions and I sent them the ones I considered best, I sent 0 of the winning submissions.

To be completely honest I tought the 2nd place was a troll... To be very honest, I would have thought mine would be top 10...

I am very surprized, if not shocked by the winners... Not to mock them for their submissions though, everyone has their own style, but come on

dario_marcone #7 Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4573 battles

[edited]

All posts are ment to be in english only in this section.

Edited by Neilloss46, 12 August 2014 - 05:38 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

SanyaJuutilainen #8 Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20812 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postreaperakos, on 12 August 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

"stylized (comparative more stylized, superlative most stylized)

made to conform to some style"

I fail to see how any of those don't represent a style, that was required for this contest - particularly historical posters. There were no demanded "graphical" styles necessary and all of them fall quite close to the historical style (the first two mostly to the historical Russian style, the last one to British style - the TOG is just a nice addition).

But maybe you would like to see the word used in the other meaning: "represented according to some convention, rather than in a realistic or literal manner"?
Though this doesn't make any sense in this context, you see. But whatever.

View PostMrSlowPlay, on 12 August 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

I was talking to my clanmates about the submissions and I sent them the ones I considered best, I sent 0 of the winning submissions.

To be completely honest I tought the 2nd place was a troll... To be very honest, I would have thought mine would be top 10...

I am very surprized, if not shocked by the winners... Not to mock them for their submissions though, everyone has their own style, but come on

Oh hey, I thought I'd be in the Top10 too, my entry was very nice and clean and using one of the nicer war posters. Let's point at the winners and hide behind useless phrases like "Not to mock them" (after which we mock them, of course). So shocked, too!

(Except not. This is stupid.)

Edited by Nya_Chan, 12 August 2014 - 04:23 PM.

Angry_Grandpa #9 Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 7914 battles
  • [PSA] PSA

Me and a friend from a different clan ( #Sejrherre) we did all our best.. and we end like others with the taught ''top 10 bests..). Seems that ''the judges'' aren't in this type of poster. And wow.. i got on my picture 192 views- now 0. He get like 265+ views- now 270.

But this is WarGaming.net

Next time i will take the pencil and a A4 paper and draw a ''crapone'' if this is rewarded..

Laatikkomafia #10 Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
And the second picture got the idea from my picture. Mine was sent many days before the 2nd best.

SanyaJuutilainen #11 Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20812 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 12 August 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

And the second picture got the idea from my picture. Mine was sent many days before the 2nd best.

(snip)

The entries were hidden until the end of the contest, so unless you haven't shown it to him, then he just thought of it by himself.

And sorry, but that photoshopped face is horrible.

Edited by Nya_Chan, 12 August 2014 - 04:53 PM.

EvilSeraph #12 Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8985 battles

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 12 August 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Yes your picture was so good that i could copy it from invisible forum thread :D

FreddBoy #13 Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10824 battles
Congrats to the winners, I particularly liked the TOG boat, made me laugh, so it did!

Cobra6 #14 Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Congratulations to the winners! 

However the tanks in both the first and second pictures are NOT made by the artist themselves but pulled off Google so the submissions are disqualified according to the competition rules.

The tank profiles in these designs are made by people who do that work professionally and the winners just put some photoshop filters over them. 

I'm sorry guys but Warhaming; It's time to start enforcing your own rules at a competition.

And for next time since you've made the same errors twice already run the submissioms by me and I'll happily be able to tell you straight away if it's personal content or not because you can't keep doing this every creative competion as it not only breaks your own rules bu also international copyright laws.

Please redraw these two from the remaining submissions with actual personal artwork.

it's exactly the same problem as back with the jinx tshirt competition.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 12 August 2014 - 05:21 PM.

Omg_Banana #15 Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22671 battles
  • [GRTR] GRTR

View PostNya_Chan, on 12 August 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

"stylized (comparative more stylized, superlative most stylized)

made to conform to some style"

I fail to see how any of those don't represent a style, that was required for this contest - particularly historical posters. There were no demanded "graphical" styles necessary and all of them fall quite close to the historical style (the first two mostly to the historical Russian style, the last one to British style - the TOG is just a nice addition).

But maybe you would like to see the word used in the other meaning: "represented according to some convention, rather than in a realistic or literal manner"?
Though this doesn't make any sense in this context, you see. But whatever.

Oh hey, I thought I'd be in the Top10 too, my entry was very nice and clean and using one of the nicer war posters. Let's point at the winners and hide behind useless phrases like "Not to mock them" (after which we mock them, of course). So shocked, too!

(Except not. This is stupid.)

well the contest was about creating a stlized historical poster for gamescom with wot theme. if wg was making a real poster for the streets and choose one of the winners ppl would laught. coz one of my jobs is a graphic designer. if wg dont know what is asking from the ppl better dont even bother to make events. cuz i waste many hours to make this poster.

morgenrotten #16 Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1652 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2
I am also a bit surprised and disappointed by the choice (I also had my own top 10 list :happy:), but it is what it is.

Congratulations to all winners, enjoy your prizes! :medal:

iulian95rosu #17 Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15757 battles
  • [RD-WS] RD-WS
Some of the posters that won don't have: "Join us at gamescom”..the rule was broken, but they won...however...congratulations to the winers!

Pa3s #18 Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13020 battles

View Postiulian95rosu, on 12 August 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

Some of the posters that won don't have: "Join us at gamescom”..the rule was broken, but they won...however...congratulations to the winers!

It was not necessary to incorporate the line. It was merely meant as a header for the contest's theme.

EvilSeraph #19 Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8985 battles

View PostCobra6, on 12 August 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Congratulations to the winners! 

However the tanks in both the first and second pictures are NOT made by the artist themselves but pulled off Google so the submissions are disqualified according to the competition rules.

The tank profiles in these designs are made by people who do that work professionally and the winners just put some photoshop filters over them. 

I'm sorry guys but Warhaming; It's time to start enforcing your own rules at a competition.

And for next time since you've made the same errors twice already run the submissioms by me and I'll happily be able to tell you straight away if it's personal content or not because you can't keep doing this every creative competion as it not only breaks your own rules bu also international copyright laws.

Please redraw these two from the remaining submissions with actual personal artwork.

it's exactly the same problem as back with the jinx tshirt competition.

Cobra 6

Mr graphic designer i see that you have problems with my work again. So let me explain :) and maybe you will learn something new..

1st - to make tank silhouette u can use game screenshots, surprise!  :D sometimes its faster to press PrtScr than search in google..

2nd - you can search for NON copyrighted images

3rd - you can use WG images/wallpaper/art/scr... because you use them for contest not for some other crazy reason

4th - you can draw over reference images... 

I dont really wanted to reply but its 4th time i see you crying on forum and blaming others. I saw your work and its doesn't look like made by "professional graphic designer" and i dont believe you are..

iulian95rosu #20 Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15757 battles
  • [RD-WS] RD-WS

View PostPa3s, on 12 August 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

It was not necessary to incorporate the line. It was merely meant as a header for the contest's theme.

Thanks for the explanation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users