For Those LÖWE Pro´s

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

CrazySiL #21 Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 20933 battles

View PostRxdomi, on 12 June 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

And you never make such mistakes of course ?

Everybody makes mistakes.

But u gotta agree that there are also a high number of unskilled Premium tank drivers. Forget premium tanks, these unskilled drivers are everywhere. Nobody can deny that.

K_Bee20 #22 Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7338 battles

View PostCrazySiL, on 12 June 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

Everybody makes mistakes.

But u gotta agree that there are also a high number of unskilled Premium tank drivers. Forget premium tanks, these unskilled drivers are everywhere. Nobody can deny that.

true, but my mater is, that a lot of unskilled drivers use those premiums as an alternative to experience earned by playing battles and grinding thru tank-tech-trees.

Dont_Stop #23 Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30488 battles
I don`t understand what`s the big deal with that? We all make mistakes, even the biggest pros. I agree that premium tank drivers are mostly noobs. But to create a topic for this reason, LOL dude.

K_Bee20 #24 Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7338 battles

View PostDont_Stop, on 12 June 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

I don`t understand what`s the big deal with that? We all make mistakes, even the biggest pros. I agree that premium tank drivers are mostly noobs. But to create a topic for this reason, LOL dude.

yes yes.. open a topic for that, i want to discuss it and want to know you opinions

CrazySiL #25 Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 20933 battles

View PostK_Bee20, on 12 June 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

true, but my mater is, that a lot of unskilled drivers use those premiums as an alternative to experience earned by playing battles and grinding thru tank-tech-trees.

View PostCrazySiL, on 12 June 2011 - 05:43 PM, said:

Still, they could just restrict who gets to buy what premium tank. But then, they will lose a lot of cash on premium tanks sale. And they cant afford that.

CrazySiL #26 Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:26 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 20933 battles

View PostDont_Stop, on 12 June 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

He wanted to discuss about this issue. nuff said.

bembo #27 Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 37882 battles
i agree with that most of players who play with premium tanks are not noobs or stupid , its just pressure when you are last on map ,everyone wants win but nobody wants lose , its not easy to play against 3 tanks but its not impossible.
best thing to do in that situation is get out from base , hide and when they start to cap base , you only need to attack from flank or street(depends on the map).
leave low tiers and first attack tier like you or more , coz low tiers cant do big dmg to you. :P

Zenith #28 Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 4457 battles
Perhaps if his idiot team hadn't got themselves killed so soon, then he wouldn't have been left alone to fend off 3 bloody tanks by himself! Yes, he made a critical mistake, but at least he managed to live long enough to make some kind of effort, unlike everyone else it would seem.

The OP does not appear to have played this tank, or any other T8 for that matter, and thus probably believes them to be infallible death machines, capable of surviving every hit, and one-shotting everything in sight. This is not the case at all. Even if he had removed the T-44, that would still have left 2 tanks with guns able to penetrate his armour, and thus would likely have died regardless.

K_Bee20 #29 Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7338 battles

View PostZenith, on 12 June 2011 - 06:48 PM, said:

Perhaps if his idiot team hadn't got themselves killed so soon, then he wouldn't have been left alone to fend off 3 bloody tanks by himself! Yes, he made a critical mistake, but at least he managed to live long enough to make some kind of effort, unlike everyone else it would seem.

thats right.

but he only survived so long, because he didnt do anything. He doesnt helped us at the front or something. His only tactic was to stay in base and that was even not a good tactic as i said before

Zenith #30 Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 4457 battles

View PostK_Bee20, on 12 June 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

thats right.

but he only survived so long, because he didnt do anything. He doesnt helped us at the front or something. His only tactic was to stay in base and that was even not a good tactic as i said before

So one poorly positioned tank costs your team the match? Can I ask, what the hell were the rest of you doing?

K_Bee20 #31 Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7338 battles

View PostZenith, on 12 June 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

So one poorly positioned tank costs your team the match? Can I ask, what the hell were the rest of you doing?

you can ask.

That poorly positioned tank was one of our heaviest. The Rest of us have done their best to kill as many as possible, thats why at the end where only 3 meds rest

Zenith #32 Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 4457 battles

View PostK_Bee20, on 12 June 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

you can ask.

That poorly positioned tank was one of our heaviest. The Rest of us have done their best to kill as many as possible, thats why at the end where only 3 meds rest

That's a rarity, I never get matches like that in my Löwe; there's nearly always 3 or more other heavies.

Your team should have made taking out the enemy heavy (or heavies) a priority, but I suspect most either crowded through that bottleneck alley (otherwise known as lemming lane), or chugged up the hill and got picked off. I doubt one Löwe would have made much difference, as apparently the match-maker had already lost that one for you anyway.  :rolleyes:

Razgrid #33 Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 7885 battles
Spoiler                     

/edited out screenshot as Naming & Shaming

2. PROHIBITIONS and RESTRICTIONS

2.1 Forum etiquette

Users are not allowed to abuse others, make personal attacks or behave disrespectfully. This prohibition applies to both public threads and private messages (PMs). Disrespect can include:
1. Flaming
3. Harassment or Defamatory remarks
5. Personal abuse or attacks

If a member is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
• Be temporarily banned from the World of Tanks forums
• Be given a final warning, with any further violations possibly resulting in permanent ban from the forums

This behavior has no place on the World of Tanks forums due to its extremely offensive and inappropriate nature.

3 days of forum read-only ban issued
Lia

Marlekin #34 Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 33482 battles
Im not going to make false claims about lowe drivers like the poster above here, I'll just post this screen:

http://imageshack.us...50/shot004m.jpg

My Lowe has my only Wittmans medal so far. The Lowe has served me alot better then the KT back in the CBT days, and 30 euros is something I'll gladly pay to skip all the pain and suffering to a decent german heavy tank. Its rare to see it make less then 70k creds in a match.

If i could, i'd buy everyone a Lowe. Its just that good.  :Smile_honoring:

Zenith #35 Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 4457 battles

View PostRazgrid, on 12 June 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

the truth about lowe drivers...they all r nubs -_- true story.

So what happens when someone produces a screenshot showing a string of non-premium T8s, all dead in exactly the same manner, does that make them 'nubs' as well?

Also, I think you should be careful about posting screenshots like that, including names, and then insulting said players. I'm pretty sure that is against the ToS, and can be reported as such.

Sheepmaster #36 Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10172 battles
Sooo... K-Bee ... it took a while to get a complete fail battle but take a look at this picture:

Posted Image

So what do we see? 2:15 mins elapsed and i just manage to arrive at the "front". Which is not a front anymore because i am alone. I am alone because the complete eastern flank was obliterated because our beloved "lower tier players" (some would call them noobs) had nothing better to do than charge directly into death. You see all heavies taken reasonable positions. About one minute later only Löwes and the Tiger live. And even one minute later the battle was lost.

These battles are relatively seldom because usually the heavies and/or me can turn the tide or at least go down with 3-4 kills (which i count a win for me personally). So that's a battle with at least 5 non-Löwe-noobs.

My point?

1. In the majority of random battles the team, which has less afk, stock tank or suiciding players (...), will win the battle. The chance, that one of these players drive a Löwe tank is comparable very very very very low over all battles because most time they drive just another of the ~80 models present. It's completely random and has nothing to do with the tank driven. But if you have a resilient survey to prove your point, i will listen. If not don't claim sth. which is complete bs.

2. There were times when a Löwe player could be a real noob. That was right after the patch. Now the majority will have played >100 battles with Löwe. Enough time to get an elite crew and get used to the tank and the maps and so on. The "real" noobs present with a Löwe you can count on one hand. And i bet your Löwe of the OP doesn't behave the way you described every battle - if he did actually something wrong.

3. And probably most painful for players without Löwe: Even with the above shown complete fail of a battle i made ~40k net-credits. So i technically "won" sth. The others of our team (apart from Löwes) didn't. *shrug*

4. I don't know why mods still didn't close this whine thread.

prkyyynko #37 Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22050 battles

View PostZenith, on 12 June 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

i think you are all just pointing out this one scenario, but the thing is somewhere else.. for example i was in a game with my tier 6 tank (vk3601h) and there were 3 lowes as top tanks in our team.. just in the beginning one of them wrote it is one of the first battles for him and his other lowe friend.. one of the first battles in WoT so far.. and we lost.. of course i cannot blame only these two newbies, but in fact we missed two top tier tanks in the battle and that was one of the primary reasons why we lost.. in the end it was something like 15 to 12 or so, but we lost even though many players in our team obviously played well.. and when all 3 or 4 top tanks of your team are dead within 3 or 4 minutes and the enemy still has theirs, it is almost impossible to win..

just yesterday i was in a game where there was an incompetent lowe and an incompetent M6 premium tank.. both were the top tier tanks in our team and i needed to exp up my brand-new M6.. of course we lost..

i just say it is much more likely to meet an incompetent premium heavy tank driver than with the other heavies although there are even too many incompetent regular players which i would say got their high tier tanks because of bought gold and thus converted experience and money..

i understand it is only a game, but i expect players to try their best cause it is a team game and the incompetence of (especially) heavy tank drivers has huge impact on all the other players who usually need the exps and money to grind to their own dream tanks.. some players like to shout that they are still learning.. with a tier 7 or 8 tank??? i would say they never used the "training battle" mode although they obviously should have.. these people should stick with crysis or any other game where you are playing just for yourself and 14 other people are not relying on you and your skill..

anyway, Lowe seems to be a great tank which is obviously a lot of fun to play and i am going to buy one as soon as i have money to waste.. until then i am going to kill those beasts with my panther or tiger  :)

one more thing - idiot and retard (retarded) are medical words to describe persons who from any reason do not use their brains properly.. and if you like it or not, there are too many players in this game who obviously cannot think so brightly as they probably should when playing in a team.. but it is the responsibility of this wannabe community to educate and raise them, not the responsibility of devs who have enough work with creating, fixing and improving the game..

so i say yes, tell a person who is behaving retarded he is a noob! he obviously needs to hear that.. but be sure to explain why they behave like noobs, tell them what they did wrong.. if the player is any good, he will get the criticism and learn from it..

EDIT:

View PostSheepmaster, on 12 June 2011 - 10:57 PM, said:

So what do we see? 2:15 mins elapsed and i just manage to arrive at the "front". Which is not a front anymore because i am alone. I am alone because the complete eastern flank was obliterated because our beloved "lower tier players" (some would call them noobs) had nothing better to do than charge directly into death. You see all heavies taken reasonable positions. About one minute later only Löwes and the Tiger live. And even one minute later the battle was lost.

These battles are relatively seldom because usually the heavies and/or me can turn the tide or at least go down with 3-4 kills (which i count a win for me personally). So that's a battle with at least 5 non-Löwe-noobs.

if i only had taken screens of so many battles where the meds did their job well or even better and all the heavies got killed with no or almost no enemies destroyed and the team lost.. happens many times in city maps for example.. or on stepes too.. as i am mostly a medium tank driver, this frustrates me a lot.. :(

and the chat in the game as well as here is full of "you are a cry baby" or "stop whining" stuff.. you should realise the difference between discussing and whining.. cause some issues just should be brought up to be talked about  ;)

Sheepmaster #38 Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10172 battles

View Postprkyyynko, on 12 June 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

EDIT:

if i only had taken screens of so many battles where the meds did their job well or even better and all the heavies got killed with no or almost no enemies destroyed and the team lost.. happens many times in city maps for example.. or on stepes too.. as i am mostly a medium tank driver, this frustrates me a lot.. :(

and the chat in the game as well as here is full of "you are a cry baby" or "stop whining" stuff.. you should realise the difference between discussing and whining.. cause some issues just should be brought up to be talked about  ;)

Youre right i didn't made my point clear. I altered my post to clarify. Also, if you look up my stats, you will see i play all three lines of meds too. ;-)

Spoon89 #39 Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8694 battles

View Postprkyyynko, on 12 June 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

even better and all the heavies got killed with no or almost no enemies destroyed and the team lost..

I saw it one earlier post as well and just thought i'd point out kills aren't everything, i rather be the player doing most of the damage instead of getting the killshot (I like to see me getting a Confederate medal over a Top Gun as well :P)

As for the topic, i think there are just as many unskilled Löwe players as there are "regular" high tier heavy tank players, so i don't think premium heavy players are particularly unskilled. Imo it's more frustrating to see a team failing from the very start by leaving a flank open or similar (you just see it's not going to end well when you see where people are moving on the minimap) than the frustration one or two unskilled players might cause (even if they might be your top tiers).

scooterus #40 Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:28 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 28225 battles
  • [FOCA] FOCA
Would have liked you topic, couse i thought: Hey! someone is finally pointing out that putting high tier tanks for sale with gold IS A BAD IDEEA for the game itself. Every newbie with a credit card can get one. Then be put as top tank in most of his battles and do shit while the team relies on him to at least know the basics of tank fighting

But then you went all soft and started apologizing left and right. why? just couse a mod didn't like your attitude? or couse some of the "brave" Lowe drivers out there got upset?
Screw this. If u belive something stand by it and say it loud and proudly, no matter what. Else, why would you start saying it in the first place?

What's next? Tier 10 premium tanks?  :D if that day comes.. this game is over

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users