For Those LÖWE Pro´s

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

Spoon89 #41 Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8694 battles

View Postscooterus, on 13 June 2011 - 05:28 AM, said:

Would have liked you topic, couse i thought: Hey! someone is finally pointing out that putting high tier tanks for sale with gold IS A BAD IDEEA for the game itself. Every newbie with a credit card can get one. Then be put as top tank in most of his battles and do shit while the team relies on him to at least know the basics of tank fighting

But then you went all soft and started apologizing left and right. why? just couse a mod didn't like your attitude? or couse some of the "brave" Lowe drivers out there got upset?
Screw this. If u belive something stand by it and say it loud and proudly, no matter what. Else, why would you start saying it in the first place?

What's next? Tier 10 premium tanks?  :D if that day comes.. this game is over

I think it's nice with a Tier 8 premium tank, but they don't need to go higher and i think they could've restricted it somehow (as mentioned before by someone else), even if it would just have been a battle limit or something, i don't know how but just somehow :P .. reason i like it is because i can make a ton of credits per match with it, if it was like any other T8 heavy i'd not bother playing it

K_Bee20 #42 Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7338 battles

First of All: This Isn´t supposed as a whining thread. I Started this topic to discuss the problem with all of you. And it isn´t my problem when you feel uppset with this topic

Second, my matter is: These Premium heavies, LÖWE or KV5, my problem is, I think, that these tanks shouldn´t be available for every player from the start on. The Reason for me is clear: In my Battles so far in this game, A lower Tier player who hasn´t got much battleexperience because he hasn´t fought so many battles( Wich is normal)
trust a heavy player in what he is doing.

So that means, i often saw, that players with lower med´s or light tanks or whatever, you know, it was kinda feeling, like they were yust waiting so see, what you in youre heavy where doing and they react on your behaviour.

It´s my opinion too, I trust to roll in team with an IS or IS3 or whatever more than with a LÖWE, because i can´t be sure, that the LÖWE driver is experienced enough to manage the heat of battle and grants me at least a try of help, wich the other hvy players are likely more experienced because they have to grind thru those hvy tank - tech - trees.

Also I think, the game is beeing pulled down with those LÖWE. When the LÖWE is the top Tier Tank and it completely useless ( because of unexp or whatever), the battle, it isn´t lost yet, but it´s hard to win it though.

(That can be said about all those premium heavy´s, not special for LÖWE)

Predator78 #43 Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:37 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 22317 battles
  • [NL] NL
its funny to read this post ;),
its almost looks like most people that dont have a Lowe in this thread  think they are very skilled ;),
and that they can tell other people what tanks to play and how to play them lol

Valvejoodik #44 Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11320 battles
  • [ESTW] ESTW
Well, i have seen a lot of IS-3s acting the same, should i make a whining thread? :P

I have a löwe and GW tiger in my garage. I also sometimes drive around in low tier tanks (M3, Leopard) just for fun. Because you have seen some löwe owners in low tier battles doesn't mean that their main tank is little, but maybe they are starting a new tank line (you need to start from the bottom, you know?) :D

So, as i've seen before:
BS argument is BS.

WoTMarc #45 Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22759 battles
  • [ATLAS] ATLAS
I have a Löwe too, because it is a moneymaker!! And because its fun to play it. I have a Maus in my garage so how to play german heavy tanks. If yor play Löwe good you can earn more than 100.000 Credits!!!! ( My Record : 128.890 Credtis).
Its a nice Tank but not for beginners who dont know anything about Tanks and WoT.

Homer_J #46 Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31489 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostK_Bee20, on 13 June 2011 - 07:43 AM, said:

I Started this topic to discuss the problem with all of you. ]

I don't see any discussion of any problem in any of your posts, just envy at people who can afford a premium tank but can't afford the time.

There are idiots playing every tier of tank, I often wonder how someone got an IS-7, grinding for 3000 hours solid is no guarantee you will earn any skills.  All you learn is to get on to the next battle and earn another 200exp as quickly as possible.

You have a hit ratio of 49%, which is quite poor for someone who does not play arty much.  Work on that and you might start getting a few more exp per battle and your win ratio might start moving toward 50%.

K_Bee20 #47 Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7338 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 13 June 2011 - 09:10 AM, said:

I don't see any discussion of any problem in any of your posts, just envy at people who can afford a premium tank but can't afford the time.

There are idiots playing every tier of tank, I often wonder how someone got an IS-7, grinding for 3000 hours solid is no guarantee you will earn any skills.  All you learn is to get on to the next battle and earn another 200exp as quickly as possible.

You have a hit ratio of 49%, which is quite poor for someone who does not play arty much.  Work on that and you might start getting a few more exp per battle and your win ratio might start moving toward 50%.

Some of you yust dont want to understand the topic.

And what has my statistic to do with the topic???  :mellow:

Tuccy #48 Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

Czech Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 14479 battles
  • [WG] WG
Heck, I play arty and I play many "shell spam on the move" tanks (M4A3E8, Ram, T2 Light...) where volume of fire has a quality of its own re. hitting target, still I have some 57% hit rate and 55% win rate... and 67% win rate with Löwe. Cannot open the game right now to check hit rate on that thing, but generally the more expensive shells I use, the more I try to hit.

EDIT: We understand the topic all right, especially the closing shot.

And statistics have everything to do with it. All in all they show how successful you are. And, whether your venting and generalisations make sense.

Sheepmaster #49 Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10172 battles

View PostK_Bee20, on 13 June 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

It show that you are clearly worse than even the average player. This means that having you in ones team, will make it harder to win or even being the reason to lose the battle. But still you come here to forums and whine about one player sitting in a certain tank playing in one battle not the way YOU think how it is to play. And even after other players tell you that in this circumstances it is not advisable to make yourself look silly, you don't delete your OP and/or let the topic off. No, you hold your embarassement alive. Think about it.

K_Bee20 #50 Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7338 battles

View PostSheepmaster, on 13 June 2011 - 09:23 AM, said:

It show that you are clearly worse than even the average player. This means that having you in ones team, will make it harder to win or even being the reason to lose the battle. But still you come here to forums and whine about one player sitting in a certain tank playing in one battle not the way YOU think how it is to play. And even after other players tell you that in this circumstances it is not advisable to make yourself look silly, you don't delete your OP and/or let the topic off. No, you hold your embarassement alive. Think about it.

And as i said before: This wasn´t ONE player in ONE battle.
I saw it so often before.

And i can´t understand why you are so crazy against me?
I just wanna talk about the theme of premium heavy with low skilled drivers.

Tuccy #51 Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

Czech Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 14479 battles
  • [WG] WG
Why just Premium? I see many low skilled drivers in any high tier vehicle you care to name.Things like T-54 drivers, drunk on their might, charging into a know of heavies. Things like Maus trying to climb a hill (pathetic sight, really). Things like Pershing driver thinking it is T-54 and charging blindly headlong into enemy lines...

Spoon89 #52 Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8694 battles

View Posttuccy, on 13 June 2011 - 09:39 AM, said:

Why just Premium? I see many low skilled drivers in any high tier vehicle you care to name.Things like T-54 drivers, drunk on their might, charging into a know of heavies. Things like Maus trying to climb a hill (pathetic sight, really). Things like Pershing driver thinking it is T-54 and charging blindly headlong into enemy lines...

I agree, as i (basically) stated in a previous post lower skilled players are found everywhere in every tier. Oh tuccy don't judge, i can do crazy things with my Pershing at times (ofc not always) but i'd still consider myself an average player ;)

I think the title of this topic is misleading or if you actually claim people driving premium tanks are generally lower skilled that's just bs.

prkyyynko #53 Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22050 battles

View PostSheepmaster, on 13 June 2011 - 09:23 AM, said:

okay.. lets look at my statistics for a change as i seem to be in the top 10k players.. hit ratio 61 and rising.. 52% of victories which does not really mean that much cause many times i kill 3 to 5 enemies and the team loses.. a bunch of medals and so on.. and i have the same opinion.. and yes, it is called opinion, not whining.. im too old to cry anyway..

i just gotta love how all you people try to make the author realise his opinion is wrong.. grow up.. many posts here are too personal like "i am a lowe driver and i am not bad".. realise that the bad players are not posting here or do not even know there is a WoT forum..

as for the kill/damage of heavies in battle - i have seen too many times, for example in Ensk, where all the heavies not only did not give a damn about the open flank which was to be covered by two or three lower tier meds, but got all killed in the town with no or just one enemy destroyed.. 9 heavies killed and one enemy killed by them??? on the other side the meds killed 5 or so and started capping the enemy base but were outnumbered and killed by the enemy heavies which should not have been alive anymore..

one more thing - when i say "kill" i do not mean destroying a 2% enemy tank.. i mean hunt down.. for example once i faced a t29 in my elite T1, both of us 100% and no one else around.. and i killed it and still had enough power to kill a 50% jagdpanther..  :Smile-playing:

EDIT:

from my experience, KV-5 drivers are even much worse than Lowe drivers.. of course not all of them, but so far i have met more unskilled KV-5 players than the skilled ones.. have met a couple of outstanding KV-5 players too, but those seemed to be an exception..

K_Bee20 #54 Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7338 battles

View Postprkyyynko, on 13 June 2011 - 11:39 AM, said:

okay.. lets look at my statistics for a change as i seem to be in the top 10k players.. hit ratio 61 and rising.. 52% of victories which does not really mean that much cause many times i kill 3 to 5 enemies and the team loses.. a bunch of medals and so on.. and i have the same opinion.. and yes, it is called opinion, not whining.. im too old to cry anyway..

i just gotta love how all you people try to make the author realise his opinion is wrong.. grow up.. many posts here are too personal like "i am a lowe driver and i am not bad".. realise that the bad players are not posting here or do not even know there is a WoT forum..

as for the kill/damage of heavies in battle - i have seen too many times, for example in Ensk, where all the heavies not only did not give a damn about the open flank which was to be covered by two or three lower tier meds, but got all killed in the town with no or just one enemy destroyed.. 9 heavies killed and one enemy killed by them??? on the other side the meds killed 5 or so and started capping the enemy base but were outnumbered and killed by the enemy heavies which should not have been alive anymore..

one more thing - when i say "kill" i do not mean destroying a 2% enemy tank.. i mean hunt down.. for example once i faced a t29 in my elite T1, both of us 100% and no one else around.. and i killed it and still had enough power to kill a 50% jagdpanther..  :Smile-playing:

EDIT:

from my experience, KV-5 drivers are even much worse than Lowe drivers.. of course not all of them, but so far i have met more unskilled KV-5 players than the skilled ones.. have met a couple of outstanding KV-5 players too, but those seemed to be an exception..

thank you, but i think its useless. you understand my opinion and telling my opinion here was my only wish. I dont know why the others think they have treat on me.

And as you said, there are good premium hvy drivers out there, thats true. But there more unskilled as I seen so far,too.

Homer_J #55 Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31489 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostK_Bee20, on 13 June 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

And as you said, there are good premium hvy drivers out there, thats true. But there more unskilled as I seen so far,too.

It's got nothing to do with having a premium tank though.

You could have made a topic about unskilled players in general but you chose to make a tenuous link with premium tanks.

And I don't see the problem with the Lowe driver's actions in your OP, he probably figured he had one shot left and was going to try and make the most of it.  Shame the rest of his team couldn't survive as long and give him some backup really.

Spoon89 #56 Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8694 battles
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and i will obviously state things out of my experience and own opinons. Just don't expect everyone to share YOUR opinion :)

And once again from my experience Löwe drivers are usually not any worse than other heavy drivers like IS-3 or KT, there's just way too many times i also see these "normal" heavy drivers making just as fatal (and many) mistakes as Löwe and KV-5 drivers so i don't see any connection between lower skilled players and premium tanks.

Saether #57 Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 751 battles
the Lowe tank sure is a sweet money maker :)

ammarmar #58 Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32936 battles

View Posttuccy, on 13 June 2011 - 09:39 AM, said:

Nothing beats the guy with Priest SPG who did a suicide scout run in one battle I participated in :)

Predator78 #59 Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 22317 battles
  • [NL] NL

View PostK_Bee20, on 13 June 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

well if you name the topic for those lowe pro's it is kinda obvious what you are trying to discuss here ;)

zeppo #60 Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24125 battles
Does this thread lead anywhere?
I mean why do you guys think "skill" comes "automatically" with reaching higher tiers ?
or put simple "higher tank tier equals higher skill ?
How can i say this ,you ask?
Simple:
Don't you get it ? THERE IS NO BALANCE BETWEEN TIERS THAT'S WHY THEY ARE >DIFFERENT< TIERS ...
Explenation:
If there where a balancing of anykind i would agree to your believe ,so everyone who wants to get up in the "tier ladder"has to play better/ more skilled than others to get to the next tier ,but there is none , he "just" have to "play more" or buy gold to advance even faster(no offence) in tiers.

And if you are complaining about bad tactics,not knowing the ups and downs /the weakness and strengh of of your/someones tanks will make you just "frustrated" because everyone makes erors /"bad decisions" or just took the "wrong turn"  :blink: and does not lead to " a better understanding of such or avoiding of that
But i can understand this agony it hits me too sometimes ;)
If eg. Heavies don't take the lead or meds/lights swarming frontal against fortified postions gives me just the "frakk here we loose" again feeling.
I really hate it sitting in my  priest when i'm the only one left on the field because of above
and the t7's are swarming towards me and the only thing whats left is to get slaughtered, doesn't make sense or does it ?

Don't you guys ask yourself why there is no "surrender" button ?
I think it's because of the reason i marked above if there where a surrender button there would be a lot of cancelled games
and the "greatmatchmakerinthesky"would have to agree with me  ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users