Warthunder 'X-ray death cam' is interesting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

BattleMetalChris #1 Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9222 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

This is interesting. It seems WT is going to introduce a 'death cam' which will show you exactly where a shell penetrated and how it affected modules and crew inside the tank.

It's also quite interesting how they seem to model the shell once it's inside the tank as a series of discrete fragments rather than a cone as I believe WoT currently does (is that true for HE and AP in WoT? Or is a penetrating AP shell modelled as just a straight line inside the hull? I can't remember). Presumably this spread is random so it's possible for a module to be in the 'damage area' but not get penetrated by a fragment (better hope you said your prayers to RNGsus Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Edited by BattleMetalChris, 14 August 2014 - 03:31 PM.

PeaceWalker1 #2 Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14835 battles
  • [-WIR_] -WIR_
looks interesting, i would like to have something like this for replays

BattleMetalChris #3 Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9222 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Although I'm not a big fan of WTGF (too campy, don't like how the tanks handle, don't like the random one-shots) this is a great step towards educating the playerbase about game mechanics in a way that doesn't involve reading through reams and reams of Wiki, or manually analysing replays in slow motion.

Imagine how many 'WTF, why was I penetrated? GAME IS RIGGED!!1111' or 'Y U SET MI ON FIRE???' threads we'd avoid if we had something like this.

Edited by BattleMetalChris, 14 August 2014 - 03:51 PM.

Inflatable #4 Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11805 battles
  • [CYW] CYW

Interesting.. Just a shame WT-GF as a game is totally not fun to play.. After finally reaching the Tiger and getting 1 shotted 5 times in a row in it in my 1st 5 games even by small T34's I uninstalled this joke of a game again.. Sure it looks pretty, but that's about the only fun it offers, pretty tanks to look at.. And people think the arty in WoT is bad, they've seen nothing yet.. Warthunder, world of 1 shot battles!

Back to WoT.. Despite all it's flaws a much more fun game to play then WT-GF..

Edit: after the same old crap in WoT aswell, I cannot play that for long anymore aswell unfortunatly.. To many lame features.. RNG and MM, total joke.. Not even talking about the obsolete graphics and game-engine.. Bah!

Edited by Inflatable, 14 August 2014 - 08:27 PM.

Ew_ #5 Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:29 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36922 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M
If they only could make something like that for the planes, showing internal damage like that. Ground Forces is imo, fail. WT is all about the Arcade and HB plane battles which are on a level of their own.

Heinz234 #6 Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 12176 battles
  • [-TWC-] -TWC-

Interesting indeed.

I only hope this feature can be disabled because I am pretty sure it will only annoy me after the first battle.

Btw, nothing random about the "one shots", unless you aim "random".

Ground Forces arcade is pretty fun. Pure chaos and mayhem.

A camping tank in WT:GF is a dead tank in arcade!

But if you really want to enjoy the game, Simulator is the only way to go!

soolerman #7 Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles

I was playing WTGF today and this thing was being discussed in the forum, Someone was speculating that WT are about to completely over hall the replay system. The idea is to make the showing of replays by people like Jingle's more practical and attractive to view on YouTube. It was also being said that it had a lot to do with showing off the impact modelling that WTGF are using and demonstrating there commitment to realism. Of course that was the fan boys that had that as an argument.

Personally I think they are looking to make the game more YouTube friendly as this will get them more players. I mean look at the number of people that play WoT because of seeing it on YouTube. As it is the current replay system they have is pants and as user friendly as a cornered rat.

Heinz234 #8 Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 12176 battles
  • [-TWC-] -TWC-

View Postsoolerman, on 16 August 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Personally I think they are looking to make the game more YouTube friendly as this will get them more players. I mean look at the number of people that play WoT because of seeing it on YouTube. As it is the current replay system they have is pants and as user friendly as a cornered rat.

What's wrong with the current replay system?

Go Menu, click Replays, select the one you want to watch and enjoy.

I mean, unlike wot, they even run from within the game......

CuddlyPanda #9 Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21298 battles
Not a bad little feature if nothing else :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users