warning false

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

SlyHuntsman #1 Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15651 battles
  • [CRY] CRY

Warning! When connecting to any Noobmeter page it will redirect your browser to a 'Java plugin update' page. It will prompt a download, but DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT, IT'S FAKE.

Clearly someone has put malicious content on Noobmeter, and until it has been confirmed to be removed I would suggest staying away from the site for safety, we never know what might pop-up next.

Just letting you all know.

Krogenator #2 Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16784 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
you are over reacting a little if you ask me.But better safe then sorry:I still have no 'Java plugin update' pop up.Are you sure you haven't been browsing some other not so trust worthy pages and gotten a "gate keeper virus"(basically a thing that only "infects" your browser and tryes to get you to download a bigger virus)?

SlyHuntsman #3 Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15651 battles
  • [CRY] CRY

I've heard others that have had it, and I'm not over reacting; just considering the people who don't understand about false downloads etc.

It seems to only happen on Firefox for me anyway, and my scan found nothing.

An old post seems to mention ad blockers stopping it, so maybe it's just a ad doing stuff it shouldn't :/

Edited by SlyHuntsman, 16 August 2014 - 04:42 PM.

Krogenator #4 Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16784 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

That is true,I forgot to think about other people.

I still have people on my friends list on steam every now and then that fall for the "free game here,just log on for your free steam games".

Keep forgetting not everyone knows how the world/people always try to f**k everyone over.

Also tagged with warning, false

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users