Centurion 1: Equipment & Crew Skills Suggestions.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Outlawz0111 #1 Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4351 battles

Hi,

I am around 40k off the centurion 1 which i plan to grind tomorrow, the full 40k over most of the day in 5k segments. I was wondering what equipment and crew skills to go for seen as the centurion 1 is one of the biggest mediums in the game, maybe camo skills would be a bit useless ?.

All repairs ? :trollface:.

Edited by Outlawz0111, 19 August 2014 - 07:25 PM.

darkonnis #2 Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 10488 battles
If that's all you have to go, I'd be looking down the tree to what would be useful at whatever tank you're looking to stop at. May aswell spec the skills now, for then as 40k isn't a lot at all.

Blue_Badger #3 Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14731 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

If you are only at tier 7 I will assume your crew has 1st or second skill completed at most.

I would go:

Commander- 6th- repairs - camo

Gunner snap -  shot - repairs - camo

Driver smooth - ride - repairs - camo

Loader  - safe stowage - repairs - camo

However, if you do not wish to use camo, then more perks such as eagle eye and situational awareness are great too. BIA I would save until 4th skill. It's overrated IMHO. The cent is large and its tracks eat shells so repairs are very valuable. Camo of the cent isn't the best but it can still be good with a camo crew. View range and snap shot abilities are very important IMO but others may tell you to take other skills over them and they wouldn't necessarily be wrong.

Equipment:

Rammer, C.Optics, V stab. No other acceptable variants until you have an excellent crew with many spotting skills + BIA.

Why? V stab is awesome. Better snap shot = less time aiming = less time in the open = less time dead. Rammer because duh, rammer. C.Optics because you NEVER STOP MOVING. Bino's are waste on most meds save for the 416 (maybe) and TD's (maybe). 

Some folk will tell you different. This is just my experience and what I would choose to do. 

TheFuzzyOne #4 Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9980 battles

Generally, I exchange the COptics for Vents. I prefer the enhanced fire rate and still get some extra viewrange out of it too. The general buff I find makes the whole operation smoother.

I also forgo repairs for BIA for much the same reason.

ReVelatioNz #5 Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35903 battles
  • [-NW-] -NW-

View PostBlue_Badger, on 20 August 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

If you are only at tier 7 I will assume your crew has 1st or second skill completed at most.

I would go:

Commander- 6th- repairs - camo

Gunner snap -  shot - repairs - camo

Driver smooth - ride - repairs - camo

Loader  - safe stowage - repairs - camo

However, if you do not wish to use camo, then more perks such as eagle eye and situational awareness are great too. BIA I would save until 4th skill. It's overrated IMHO. The cent is large and its tracks eat shells so repairs are very valuable. Camo of the cent isn't the best but it can still be good with a camo crew. View range and snap shot abilities are very important IMO but others may tell you to take other skills over them and they wouldn't necessarily be wrong.

Equipment:

Rammer, C.Optics, V stab. No other acceptable variants until you have an excellent crew with many spotting skills + BIA.

Why? V stab is awesome. Better snap shot = less time aiming = less time in the open = less time dead. Rammer because duh, rammer. C.Optics because you NEVER STOP MOVING. Bino's are waste on most meds save for the 416 (maybe) and TD's (maybe). 

Some folk will tell you different. This is just my experience and what I would choose to do. 

Exactly this except i go 50:50 on camo and repairs for my crew (just personal preference). I think I used vents at the time, but in hindsight, I find optics on meds to be better in general

Legault #6 Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles

I would start with repairs on gunner and driver, smooth ride and snapspot are pretty shite compared to the huge bonus repair gives. Every second counts. If you back off from a hill and get tracked behind the hill safe from direct fire you can often be sure the indirect kind is looking at you.

And personally I think off-road driving > smooth ride as well.

Equipment Rammer/VStab/Optics as said above, everything else is bad.

fwstriker #7 Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12529 battles
  • [NCR] NCR

Well I for my part had the urgent need to get wet ammo rack for the Centurion I. 

Why? Because almost every second game, no joke, someone will damage your ammo rack. 

Its location in the front hull is just so painful. This made me pick Safe Stowage on my loader first.

The question to change one equipment slot for wet ammorack is more difficult. I did not like the idea 

being forced to sacrifice my gun laying device for it. 

The solution to the ammo rack problem is a bit easier. Get 2 repair kits, the premium one will also

give you a 10% bonus on not destroying your modules. It is all discussed in this thread about the 

Centurion 7/1 but I think the same applies to the Centurion.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/322522-centurion-71-and-wet-ammo-rack/page__st__20#topmost

Legault #8 Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles

View Postfwstriker, on 21 August 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Well I for my part had the urgent need to get wet ammo rack for the Centurion I. 

Why? Because almost every second game, no joke, someone will damage your ammo rack. 

Its location in the front hull is just so painful. This made me pick Safe Stowage on my loader first.

The question to change one equipment slot for wet ammorack is more difficult. I did not like the idea 

being forced to sacrifice my gun laying device for it. 

The solution to the ammo rack problem is a bit easier. Get 2 repair kits, the premium one will also

give you a 10% bonus on not destroying your modules. It is all discussed in this thread about the 

Centurion 7/1 but I think the same applies to the Centurion.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/322522-centurion-71-and-wet-ammo-rack/page__st__20#topmost

Safe Stowage should be sufficient, if you still have trouble with the ammo rack at that point you should adjust your playing style - not your equipment.

Premium repair kit speeds up repairs by 10%, meaning it has absolutely no effect on the ammo rack as destroying it results in your tank exploding. It's not worth using unless you have credits to waste.

Blue_Badger #9 Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 14731 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that WAR and Safe Stowage didn't stack? Like C.Optics and Bino's don't stack. I've never had the fabled ammorack issues with this tank. I always thought it was pretty ok. You want ammorack trouble drive German tanks.

I'd also recommend a premium fire extinguisher over a manual. I recently started putting them on all my tanks. One fire can ruin a whole game if it goes unnoticed, especially if your like me and you hit the wrong button.

Folau #10 Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

Major

• Player
  • 16316 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBlue_Badger, on 21 August 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

I'd also recommend a premium fire extinguisher over a manual. I recently started putting them on all my tanks. One fire can ruin a whole game if it goes unnoticed, especially if your like me and you hit the wrong button.

Classic fire extinguisher operation also leads to me stick cruise control on backwards, repeatedly toggle sniper mode, and check all my crew are healthy before I actually trigger the damn thing. Punching the keyboard makes me sad, so I even have Automatics on my tier 4s now.

With regards to the Cent I won't be moving my Comet crew because the Comet is downright OP (well, not really but I like it), so I'll be starting a fresh one. Is repairs or camo more useful initially, as I'm torn between the two. I'm unlikely to ever be relying on armour much so would prefer to rely on either not being seen or else not being hit in the first place, but the camo values aren't exactly stunning (though actually appear to not be far off the Ferdinand and JPanther II).

_Dunc_ #11 Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39377 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The Cent I think had a stealth buff to the ammo rack a while back - it used to be guaranteed ammo rack every game, now its just occasionally.

Skills on mine are

6th, BIA, Camo & repairs

Snapshot plus three above

Off road plus three above

Safe plus three above

I run rammer, optics, and vstab.

lord_chipmonk #12 Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38465 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostBlue_Badger, on 21 August 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that WAR and Safe Stowage didn't stack? Like C.Optics and Bino's don't stack. I've never had the fabled ammorack issues with this tank. I always thought it was pretty ok. You want ammorack trouble drive German tanks.

I believe they do stack, in the same way that optics and binos do also stack...:bajan:

Blue_Badger #13 Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 14731 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 21 August 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

I believe they do stack, in the same way that optics and binos do also stack...:bajan:

Nope, either optics 10% or the binos 25% is on, but never both for 35%.

ReVelatioNz #14 Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35903 battles
  • [-NW-] -NW-

View PostBlue_Badger, on 21 August 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

Nope, either optics 10% or the binos 25% is on, but never both for 35%.

Badger's right - optics and bino's don't stack - but WAR and Safe stowage do, however if you've got safe stowage I think you should probably use your equipment slot for something more useful. 

Eokokok #15 Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21135 battles

Binos and Optics does not stack - when binos activate optics bonus is not added.

WAR and SS stack AFAIK, but not sure why would anyone use this on Cent. If you are getting hit it means you either showed sides or LFP for the most part. Generally Cent anywhere else then hulldown will fare rather poorly, so if anything SS should be more then enough, wasting equip slot is excesive.

Tommycooker1337 #16 Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22724 battles

View PostTheFuzzyOne, on 21 August 2014 - 12:55 AM, said:

Generally, I exchange the COptics for Vents. I prefer the enhanced fire rate and still get some extra viewrange out of it too. The general buff I find makes the whole operation smoother.

I also forgo repairs for BIA for much the same reason.

Here are some numbers for optics/vents.

reload: 6,9 sec -------- 6,75 sec with vents

viewrange: 440m ------- 408m with vents

I know vents also improve other stats, but I rate the 32m more viewrange much higher than the 0,15 sec of reload, which is for sure not noticeable and you will not get into a dpm fight anyways.

Btw. I got optics on all my medium tanks.

Edited by Tommycooker1337, 23 August 2014 - 01:09 AM.

Outlawz0111 #17 Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4351 battles

So many helpful replies thank you very much its helped a lot. I choose springs,rammer,vstab because i wanted to grind the top turret and top gun first, it took me over 8 hours to get the top gun... painful grind tons of matches with tomato teams never helped. I am now training up my crews with a mixture of view range and shooting skills.

I was wondering ... does chocolate or tea & pudding have any major effect in terms of the guns accuracy and aimtime ?. Sorry forgot if it was chocolate or tea and pudding or something but its the one that costs a lot of money.

I had a match the other day with the new 20 pounder gun i grinded and i penned an IS6 front and my face was gobsmacked because IS6 is a tough nut to crack. With the QQF 77mm gun something like an IS6 was impossible but now with the 20 pounder i actually enjoy sniping tanks i ran away from before lelz.

Kurnubego #18 Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15857 battles

Equipment:

- Vert Stab
     - Rammer
     - Ventilation

Skills:
     - 6th sense
     - all repairs
     - all camo
     - BiA

later get all the semi useful skills like snap shots, safe stowage and bla bla bla. Keep in mind that you'll have to swap repairs or camo for bia on commander. 

Edit: on consumables, pudding gives around +4% overall tank performance and +10% increase in secondary skills. Is it worth it.. well it's up to you to decide depending how you cope with critical damage or fires.

That would be it.

Edited by Kurnubego, 23 August 2014 - 01:54 AM.

TheR3dBaron #19 Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38661 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

There is too much stuff which breaks on this tank to risk going for pudding and tea. You don't want to get caught in the front, but if you do get caught by accident you need to be able to fix stuff and attend to fires. An automatic fire extinguisher would be great. I also had the keyboard problems, but now I got myself a mouse with an extra button on which I connected the manual fire extinguisher.

I run vstab/optics/rammer. I managed to get my first mark of excellence ever and it's on this tank. 

Blue_Badger #20 Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14731 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
I personally don't run tea and pudding. It's expensive and I hate not having an extinguisher, but there are those who do run it and it is useful. If you find you don't get many fires at all then it would be worth considering if you can afford the credits. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users