Remove XVM stats from SPG players.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Arfarfarfarf #1 Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5729 battles

Exactly what the title says. Remove XVM stats when you enter battle in an SPG. Its not a world of tanks game mechanic to know the sherman is a high WN8 but that t29 sitting near by, spotted, completely out in the open, is so low that he probably needs to be told to breathe. 

I only single out SPGs because, if you're in a tank, and you drive across the map at a single player leaving a flank open that's fine. You give that guy a chance to do his damage, get mobbed, die, and win because you left the other flank open. SGPs, however, will simply chase their selected head shot target across the map without moving. Its not fun to play. Its not enriching the game. I didn't activate XVM, I don't use XVM, stop making it affect my gameplay.

And before anyone says "Well they lose because their arty shoots at you all game!" Well that forgets to consider two things. That you 1: not get one shot (or horribly mangled by HE), and that 2: Since you're running around the map or hugging a rock your EXP and credits will  be utter crap.

So what do the forums think of removing XVM stats for SPGs?

Edited by Arfarfarfarf, 20 August 2014 - 12:57 AM.

Effing_Drako #2 Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26671 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Just Ban XVM full stop

ysk #3 Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 41123 battles

View Postdrakozaurs, on 20 August 2014 - 01:59 AM, said:

Just Ban XVM full stop

lord_chipmonk #4 Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33727 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

Just Ban XVM full stop

This. 

Ohaithar #5 Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 407 battles

Just Ban XVM full stop

For some reason I think it's not that bad an idea.

Arfarfarfarf #6 Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5729 battles

The only reason I wouldn't bring up banning XVM in its entirety, right now, is its too popular as it currently is. Better to gut the biggest problem first. I'm pretty sure if you remove XVM stats from SPGs then half of the complaints from its usage would stop.

TheMeme_Sexii #7 Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34569 battles

View PostArfarfarfarf, on 20 August 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

Exactly what the title says. Remove XVM stats when you enter battle in an SPG. Its not a world of tanks game mechanic to know the sherman is a high WN8 but that t29 sitting near by, spotted, completely out in the open, is so low that he probably needs to be told to breathe. 

I only single out SPGs because, if you're in a tank, and you drive across the map at a single player leaving a flank open that's fine. You give that guy a chance to do his damage, get mobbed, die, and win because you left the other flank open. SGPs, however, will simply chase their selected head shot target across the map without moving. Its not fun to play. Its not enriching the game. I didn't activate XVM, I don't use XVM, stop making it affect my gameplay.

And before anyone says "Well they lose because their arty shoots at you all game!" Well that forgets to consider two things. That you 1: not get one shot (or horribly mangled by HE), and that 2: Since you're running around the map or hugging a rock your EXP and credits will  be utter crap.

So what do the forums think of removing XVM stats for SPGs?

bunch of bollocks.

in my 4-5k games in arties, i have never ever shot anyone because of his high/low wn8/wn7/whatever. i have shot at targets which are good, targets which are dangerous, targets which are low-armored, targets which are high-armored... but never bcs of xvm.

i also know several mostly arty players, and none of them does it.

in my opinion, that is just an urban myth to explain failures by unicums. if a unicum is in a good spot, threatening me and my team- i will shoot him. also i will shoot the ~300wn tomato, because he can also spot/deal dmg.

if you're up to it, go for banning xvm in total, since you can abuse it in tanks too- which target to shoot at the first, who to focus, who to flank and who to fear/run away from...

in most maps you can give a ~95% suggestion where will any tank go(if they have a bit of brains), so, basically, you can avoid the good players, and push the worse ones, or, if you are higher-tiered, you could go and crush those violets.

and about that already mentioned y29- have you ever thought that arty needs to move its cannon, then aim for another ~7+ seconds? that operation lasts for more than 10 seconds, always. tanks easily go awol in such a time.

i wouldn't move if i was in his place and was focused on you. if that t29 came out on the field- he is dead. weak body, even tier 5 can penetrate him. he poses no threat in the open, he is a threat when hulldown.

Arfarfarfarf #8 Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5729 battles

You might not do it in your SPG, but can you say all the SPG drivers with XVM don't? You can't. You know you can't because you know it happens. It happens more and more as XVM grows in usage.

Going after a good player (or unicum) in a tank against his tank means you need to beat his play at his spot. A horde of tanks can do it, but just because you know that STi is driven by a purple doesnt mean your tiger 1 will do anything to it. You can target him and call SPG support, but then its up to the SPG driver to answer your call, or ignore it.. 

And yes I do know arty needs to move and aim for 7+ seconds (except fv304s and some lower tiers). Hence my point of driving around the map. Meaning you are spending your time pop gunning. If you're not in a tank that's good at pop gunning you're going to have crapreturns in exp and credits. I addressed this.

I also used the t29 as a good example. Yeah that t29 should be dead. He's not dead yet. Arty could finish a serious heavy tank threat, but XVM tells him that don't bother securing the kill on that heavy, that medium that he has a 20% chance to hit is a much better player. Don't let that sherman shoot your tier 7s heavies he might do 100 damage then get blapped. So that big SPG compsator slams down 1200 damage HE onto a tank with no chance in hell to do anything, which, through amazing looping physics, goes over the hard cover and one shots it, and the t29 limps into cover, starts blapping the SPG's teammates one by one from arty safe, because someone showed him SPGs were watching, game over, sherman gets amazing win of nothing, arty gets amazing loss of sub 1000 damage, tomato t29 has best game of his life because arty didn't hit him for once when he had a slight bit of dumb.

Edited by Arfarfarfarf, 20 August 2014 - 02:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users