• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

TheR3dBaron #41 Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:17 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36061 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

View PostWOTtroll01, on 11 June 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

I have 7 Orlik, 122 High Caliber and 83 Patrol Duty on my 38na. But 390 dmg/battle and 480 spotdmg/battle

38na is more scout compared to M5A1, Maybe 38na the scoutest scout. M5A1 faster, but has worse view range and camo. This means better close combat abilities, but less spot damage.

Reconnaissance is more difficult than the "simple" damage dealing, this is why you think 38na worse.

I never said the the 38na is worse. 

View PostTazilon, on 11 June 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

You have it backwards. The fewer hit points you have, the more you need auto fire extinguishers.

I catch your drift, but the 38na has so few hit points that if it doesn't get one-shot, a lot of guns can still set it on fire and quite a few will still kill you because you still receive one tick of fire damage. I find engine oil on most lights more useful. I'm even so crazy to do that on my WZ-132 which gets set on fire easily. But you are right. It can eat a shot from a T30 and still live after the fire it produces. You should just not forget not to repair before the fire is put out.

WOTtroll01 #42 Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9745 battles

View Postlmpervious, on 11 June 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

And my average damag on M5A1 is about 520

520dmg very good from a T4 light. I checked your M5A1 stat, the spot dmg also very good. Respect!

But the win rate slightly worse compared to your dmg performance, I have better winrate with worse dmg. I just have assumptions about the reasons. 1. You were unlucky with your team 2. You played platoon/TC with a novice player(s)

3. You dont choose well your targets, damage and spot your exclusive goal. Sometimes an another target with less damage more important. Of course these are just assumptions.

Tazilon

38nAs are Luchs killers.

Insted Luchs are a 38na killer, Luchs has far better gun. I avod him except when I know he is reloading.

Edited by WOTtroll01, 11 June 2015 - 09:04 PM.

lnfernaI #43 Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31751 battles
  • [BBGEU] BBGEU

View PostWOTtroll01, on 11 June 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

520dmg very good from a T4 light. I checked your M5A1 stat, the spot dmg also very good. Respect!

But the win rate slightly worse compared to your dmg performance, I have better winrate with worse dmg. I just have assumptions about the reasons. 1. You were unlucky with your team 2. You played platoon/TC with a novice player(s)

3. You dont choose well your targets, damage and spot your exclusive goal. Sometimes an another target with less damage more important. Of course these are just assumptions.

1. Most of the time.

2. Nope,straight solo,when on M5A1.

3.Well,i shoot anything i can penetrate. I do not really care about killing,i make dmg for teams' favor.

Comes to Tier 6 / 7 i spot at first,unless there are "better" 

scouts(T37,Type 64,etc.). Go aggressive late game.

You'd be surprised at those few games i had(Literally 2 only,but still.) where i did like 1760 to 2300 something. Not to imagine peoples'

faces,when they check your dmg lol.:trollface:

(That latter game was not a HC though,there was some Sherman i think.Check those 2 replays at wotreplays.eu.)(Note: the 1700 game could be 9.7,expect bugs,glitches...)

Edited by lmpervious, 11 June 2015 - 09:37 PM.

Tazilon #44 Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostWOTtroll01, on 11 June 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

Insted Luchs are a 38na killer, Luchs has far better gun. I avod him except when I know he is reloading.

Think what you will, but the 38nA wins most match-ups.  I hunt Luchs in my 38nA.    

Edited by Tazilon, 14 June 2015 - 04:21 AM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #45 Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:51 AM

General

• Player
  • 28747 battles

You cannot argue with tazilon here. He is the scout GOD. if you dont obey his commandments he will cast you down into the fiery pits of hell.

Taz. pz38NA and Luchs offer very different play styles. A good player in either will hunt and kill the counterpart. Why do you persist with this.

38 is more dependable and reliable. Luchs is a fickle and punishing tank to play. Skill ceiling in luchs is much higher. you either have it or you dont. I do hence preffering the luchs. you dont hence preffering the 38..

NO No no I totally respect your skills and your knowledge and mean no disresepct. Its true though...:teethhappy:

Tazilon #46 Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostSmeeeeg_Heeeeed, on 14 June 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

You cannot argue with tazilon here. He is the scout GOD. if you dont obey his commandments he will cast you down into the fiery pits of hell.

Taz. pz38NA and Luchs offer very different play styles. A good player in either will hunt and kill the counterpart. Why do you persist with this.

38 is more dependable and reliable. Luchs is a fickle and punishing tank to play. Skill ceiling in luchs is much higher. you either have it or you dont. I do hence preffering the luchs. you dont hence preffering the 38..

NO No no I totally respect your skills and your knowledge and mean no disresepct. Its true though...:teethhappy:

I persist in it because the 38nA will kill the Luchs the majority of engagements if both are driven by competent drivers.  Same as a 13 90 with a full clip will usually kill a 28.01.  Some tanks kill others.  It's just the way it is.

It just so happens the tank most frequently killed by my 38nA is the Luchs!

Edited by Tazilon, 04 July 2015 - 03:09 AM.

TheR3dBaron #47 Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36061 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

View PostTazilon, on 15 June 2015 - 02:27 AM, said:

I persist in it because the 38nA will kill the Luchs the majority of engagements if both are driven by competent drivers.  Same as a 13 90 with a full clip will usually kill a 28.01.  Some tanks kill others.  It's just the way it is.

Do you recommend running the Luchs with the autoloader? I have marginally better stats on the Luchs, but without the autoloader.

I still prefer to stay at bay with the ability to scout, while putting in some reasonably accurate shots from a distance. I play it like the 38nA really.

Tazilon #48 Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostTheR3dBaron, on 15 June 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

Do you recommend running the Luchs with the autoloader? I have marginally better stats on the Luchs, but without the autoloader.

I still prefer to stay at bay with the ability to scout, while putting in some reasonably accurate shots from a distance. I play it like the 38nA really.

Most people use the 3cm on it because at Tier IV, the 3cm works very well on a zippy tank and most driver love the lol factor.  But the 5cm is effective, too.

Brazilski #49 Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7189 battles
35t is my favourite and probably the best balanced Tier II tank ingame.

thestaggy #50 Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17096 battles

Can someone tell me why the 38 nA sees tier 7 and what exactly I am supposed to be doing with it in tier 7s?

I seemed to fair well with the preceding 35 and 38, but this thing is terrible and mostly because of the tier spread it gets. I don't understand how it gets scout MM when it is slow for a scout. It can reach a good top speed, but it takes effort so very difficult to get out of trouble quickly and the traverse is terrible. If you are at speed good luck trying to evade something because it has the handling of a runaway truck. Ground resistance is really bad as well so if you need to get out of town and you are on soft ground, you'll be chatting to the mechanics back in the garage shortly. Hill work is also not advisable due to the poor resistance and acceleration.

I played the Covenanter and the 38 nA seems closer to the Covenanter in terms of its mobility limitations and the Covenanter does not see tier 7.

Tazilon #51 Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View Postthestaggy, on 28 July 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

Can someone tell me why the 38 nA sees tier 7 and what exactly I am supposed to be doing with it in tier 7s?

I seemed to fair well with the preceding 35 and 38, but this thing is terrible and mostly because of the tier spread it gets. I don't understand how it gets scout MM when it is slow for a scout. It can reach a good top speed, but it takes effort so very difficult to get out of trouble quickly and the traverse is terrible. If you are at speed good luck trying to evade something because it has the handling of a runaway truck. Ground resistance is really bad as well so if you need to get out of town and you are on soft ground, you'll be chatting to the mechanics back in the garage shortly. Hill work is also not advisable due to the poor resistance and acceleration.

I played the Covenanter and the 38 nA seems closer to the Covenanter in terms of its mobility limitations and the Covenanter does not see tier 7.

Because it is designated a Scout and Scouts get Tier+3 MM.  

It is actually quite a good little tank once you learn how to drive it.

thestaggy #52 Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17096 battles

View PostTazilon, on 28 July 2015 - 02:34 PM, said:

Because it is designated a Scout and Scouts get Tier+3 MM.  

It is actually quite a good little tank once you learn how to drive it.

I am aware of its scout MM, I just don't understand why it gets it. It is very sluggish, like the Covenanter, and the Covenanter is sparred the +2. To reach that 60km/h+ you need a bit of a run and it performs poorly on soft ground in relation to the Stuart, which also gets scout MM. Turning circle is pants as well. 

TheR3dBaron #53 Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36061 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

View Postthestaggy, on 28 July 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

I am aware of its scout MM, I just don't understand why it gets it. It is very sluggish, like the Covenanter, and the Covenanter is sparred the +2. To reach that 60km/h+ you need a bit of a run and it performs poorly on soft ground in relation to the Stuart, which also gets scout MM. Turning circle is pants as well. 

Give it some engine oil. It will thank you for it.

thestaggy #54 Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17096 battles

Okay, I tried another approach with this tank;

The 4.7 cm is a really nice little gun. Excellent depression, ROF and it is accurate. I decided I'd play like a sniping medium would in the early game. Find a spot, let my camo and binocs kick in and let scouts and soft mediums show themselves. Once the team has gotten them out of the way I started moving forward to actively scout and take opportune flanking shots on TDs and some of the softer heavies (BDRs, side of Churchills, some premium up the jacksey of a KV-1S, etc) and just try and distract the impenetrable (for me) tanks. It needs a little premium ammo as well but this approach seems to work. Highlight was surviving and killing an M4 derp, with the killing shot coming when he tracked me and charged me for a ram kill. WN8 launched from 500 - 900 in a handful of games. I'll persist with the tactic and see how it goes.

Tier 7 is still rough though, but tier 4 to 6 seems to be alright doing the above.

lafeel #55 Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

View Postthestaggy, on 31 July 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

Okay, I tried another approach with this tank;

The 4.7 cm is a really nice little gun. Excellent depression, ROF and it is accurate. I decided I'd play like a sniping medium would in the early game. Find a spot, let my camo and binocs kick in and let scouts and soft mediums show themselves. Once the team has gotten them out of the way I started moving forward to actively scout and take opportune flanking shots on TDs and some of the softer heavies (BDRs, side of Churchills, some premium up the jacksey of a KV-1S, etc) and just try and distract the impenetrable (for me) tanks. It needs a little premium ammo as well but this approach seems to work. Highlight was surviving and killing an M4 derp, with the killing shot coming when he tracked me and charged me for a ram kill. WN8 launched from 500 - 900 in a handful of games. I'll persist with the tactic and see how it goes.

Tier 7 is still rough though, but tier 4 to 6 seems to be alright doing the above.

Aims a full second faster than the 5cm which is far from a bad thing while we're at it.

Tazilon #56 Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostTheR3dBaron, on 11 June 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

I never said the the 38na is worse. 

I catch your drift, but the 38na has so few hit points that if it doesn't get one-shot, a lot of guns can still set it on fire and quite a few will still kill you because you still receive one tick of fire damage. I find engine oil on most lights more useful. I'm even so crazy to do that on my WZ-132 which gets set on fire easily. But you are right. It can eat a shot from a T30 and still live after the fire it produces. You should just not forget not to repair before the fire is put out.

This is just flat out not true.    I currently have 1,190 battles on my Pz38nA, run auto fire extinguishers on it and very, very, rarely die to fires - because the autos put them out.

Tazilon #57 Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View Postthestaggy, on 28 July 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

Because it rocks.  It's that simple.   Learn to compensate for its poor turning ability and you end up with a hidden gem in WOT.

lnfernaI #58 Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31751 battles
  • [BBGEU] BBGEU

View PostTazilon, on 01 September 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

Because it rocks.  It's that simple.   Learn to compensate for its poor turning ability and you end up with a hidden gem in WOT.

You do understand,that everything you said,is,matter of fact,opinion. What i mean is,you like 38 nA others, do not. People totally know there are other scouts in Tier IV(Luchs,M5A1,M5,T-50,A-20) which will outperform the 38 nA

Tazilon #59 Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View Postlmpervious, on 04 September 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

You do understand,that everything you said,is,matter of fact,opinion. What i mean is,you like 38 nA others, do not. People totally know there are other scouts in Tier IV(Luchs,M5A1,M5,T-50,A-20) which will outperform the 38 nA

You should reread the OP question:  Is the Pz38nA obsolete?    My answer is "NO- it is not."

It is an extremely solid tank once you learn how to play it.  Of the tanks you mentioned,. only the Luchs will consistently do better than it, but therein lies one  of the 38nAs best assets for a team - it can dispatch Luchs fairly easily.

Prussian12 #60 Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5505 battles
  • [STGER] STGER

Honestly, I don't think the nA is obsolete, in fact, in  a tier 4-5 game, it can carry matches. It can easily beat the luchs, even if the luch as an autoloader. 16 second of reload after 10 rounds of up to a potential 300 damage. nA could just ram the luch and finish the luch off with 8 shells, that could deal a potential 50 damage each shot...

http://wotreplays.co...e/1977517#teams a scouting match i had

http://wotreplays.co...e/1975306#teams in the right mm

I'm only an average player, in fact, i'm an under average player

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users