Need some help with an odd issue on WG forum board

lost message field box

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

charns #1 Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16607 battles
I don't know how I did it but the message field box ( where we write our text to be posted ) disappeared from my firefox browser. For 3 weeks I even thought I was banned from posting in forum ( I understood I was not banned when I was able to reply by only quoting someone without possibility to add anything to my post ). I am now able to write this post by using the "inspect element" tool of Firefox. I guessed my way up to the "ipsfield_editor" area. I write my post by editing html of the "testarea".

It is not a very pratical solution and I hope someone might know how to repair my system beyond reformating it. I even deleted Firefox and used Internet Explorer and Chrome but the issue still remained. I conclude that the root of my problem must be in some file(s) of my Win7 system. But I simply don't know where to look for. Hell, I even tried to search this problem via google but got nothing useful ( I don't even know how to formulate my problem in relevant keywords to improve my google search ).

I have this lack of message field box only in WOT forum, so here I am, hoping...

And since I don't know anything about html language I don't even know how to space my text.

Woody1999 #2 Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14856 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Have you tried using the full editor? You can get to it by pressing "Reply to this topic" just to the right and above of the OP.

If that doesn't work you can use <p>-<p> to make paragraphs with a dash.

Woody

charns #3 Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16607 battles

View PostWoody1999, on 25 August 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

Have you tried using the full editor? You can get to it by pressing "Reply to this topic" just to the right and above of the OP.

If that doesn't work you can use

-

to make paragraphs with a dash.

Woody

Thank for tip regarding my spacing.

I already thought and tried the full editor but the missing field issue remained on it too.

maxim131 #4 Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3391 battles
try switching browser. like using google chrome.

charns #5 Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16607 battles

View Postmaxim131, on 25 August 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

try switching browser. like using google chrome.

Thanks but already tried as written in my first post :).

By the way, I can't open spoilers either and I can't even edit my signature when accessing the profile edition of the forum. I think these problems are all linked together to some unkown root issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users