ONE BATTLE IN WT GF!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

spidre #1 Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27856 battles
Well after all the hype, thought I would give it a try. Started with a little panzer and OMG!! how do you control the little sod?. Where do I go!!??. Anyway managed to keep a straight line and saw something ahead which needed a good dose of 20mm, foot down and over this ridge and WTH!! I am upside down with tracks spinning uselessly. Tried the usual things and no chance, I am here to the death. But I can still shoot and one of the enemy is moving into my line of fire, just maybe I can blast him with a dose of 20mm. Well, three of them showed up and and they just laughed at me before dispatching me in a fiery death. uninstalled and happily back with WOT forever!!!!!.

Woody1999 #2 Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15301 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postspidre, on 29 August 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

Well after all the hype, thought I would give it a try. Started with a little panzer and OMG!! how do you control the little sod?. Where do I go!!??. Anyway managed to keep a straight line and saw something ahead which needed a good dose of 20mm, foot down and over this ridge and WTH!! I am upside down with tracks spinning uselessly. Tried the usual things and no chance, I am here to the death. But I can still shoot and one of the enemy is moving into my line of fire, just maybe I can blast him with a dose of 20mm. Well, three of them showed up and and they just laughed at me before dispatching me in a fiery death. uninstalled and happily back with WOT forever!!!!!.

Try the planes. Compared to WoWP they're awesome.

I guess WG are better tank makers and Gaijin are better plane makers... Simple as.

Woody

Dis4ster #3 Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27952 battles

Yeah the tanks are crap, i think they never heard of physics, that a tank with tons of wight would never move like a toy.

But ok, WOT was for a long time in beta phase, even after the official end of the beta, you couldn't tell if it was finished. But wot had its shape after the beta and only needed some polishing here and there, while WT GF is not even close to be finished, because if they would someday introduce new real physics for the ground forces, it would change the gameplay completely and thats the kind of changes you have to make in the beta phase and not when its already released.

Just to be sure WT GF is out of beta, isn't it?

Edited by Dathdeath, 29 August 2014 - 11:02 PM.

Woody1999 #4 Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15301 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDathdeath, on 29 August 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

Just to be sure WT GF is out of beta, isn't it?

Good job you asked, otherwise you'd look like a right fool.

Nope. WTGF is still in open beta, as is the planes. And the planes are looking almost finished...the tanks not so much.

Woody

Dis4ster #5 Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27952 battles
Ah ok then it was the closed beta that it left.

Laatikkomafia #6 Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21325 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
Let me guess OP, you played in Arcade battle?...

spidre #7 Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27856 battles

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 30 August 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

Let me guess OP, you played in Arcade battle?...

Probably, severe lag and awful graphics made it an episode to forget. Tried to improve the quality in settings but the improvement was miniscule. 

Heinz234 #8 Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 12176 battles
  • [-TWC-] -TWC-

View Postspidre, on 29 August 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

View Postspidre, on 30 August 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Probably, severe lag and awful graphics made it an episode to forget. Tried to improve the quality in settings but the improvement was miniscule. 

So failing to check "controls", throwing yourself of a ridge in a "light" tank and wondering why you don't land perfectly and undamaged, combined with a bad graphics card (how else could the graphics be awful) and bad internet (the lag) leads to the conclusion WT:GF is a bad game that needs to be uninstalled right away?

Interesting.

Guess I should be glad I will never have you in my team you when playing WT.

Edited by Heinz234, 30 August 2014 - 05:19 PM.

spidre #9 Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27856 battles
Your team being the "MUPPETS"!!, Don't worry, there is absolutely no danger of me even wanting to be on your team mate.

Heinz234 #10 Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 12176 battles
  • [-TWC-] -TWC-

View Postspidre, on 30 August 2014 - 09:41 PM, said:

Your team being the "MUPPETS"!!, Don't worry, there is absolutely no danger of me even wanting to be on your team mate.

Well mate, if having a decent computer, pretty fast internet and a brain that actually works makes me a Muppet, I'd rather be a Muppet than what ever it is you think you qualify as.

spidre #11 Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27856 battles

View PostHeinz234, on 31 August 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Well mate, if having a decent computer, pretty fast internet and a brain that actually works makes me a Muppet, I'd rather be a Muppet than what ever it is you think you qualify as.

So, it's having the last word game!! My poor old computer might overheat if this carries on. Actually it's state of the art and on WOT I have perfect graphics and no lag whatsoever!! Admit it Mate!! WT GF is rubbish and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

M1tchy #12 Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33055 battles
I think I played 6, maybe 8 times before I installed a new hard drive. I haven't gone back because I got fed up waiting 5 minutes to get in. Also upside down tanks are no fun. 

5_InchFl0ppy #13 Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I didn't like WT GF either, long story short its just boring and I played it for less than a week. Its a shame as I had high hopes for it, but they will have to do some serious work if they want to rival WG in the tanks department.

Heinz234 #14 Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 12176 battles
  • [-TWC-] -TWC-

View Postspidre, on 31 August 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

So, it's having the last word game!! My poor old computer might overheat if this carries on.

I guess that´s what you are trying to make this into. I don´t mind though. I like games.

View Postspidre, on 31 August 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Actually it's state of the art and on WOT I have perfect graphics and no lag whatsoever!! Admit it Mate!! WT GF is rubbish and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

State of the art PC? And still this looks awful?

I guess you need (new) glasses then.

Oh my , you and some others think the game is rubbish?

Well i assume you are the expert after one game...

I know quite a few people though who think it's awesome, especially when playing simulator battles!

View PostM1tchy, on 31 August 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

I think I played 6, maybe 8 times before I installed a new hard drive. I haven't gone back because I got fed up waiting 5 minutes to get in. Also upside down tanks are no fun. 

Yup sometimes you need to wait a few minutes to get into a battle.

And if you don"t like your tank to be upside down I suggest you learn to drive!

I can't remember the last time I flipped over.

Edited by Heinz234, 01 September 2014 - 09:56 AM.

spidre #15 Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27856 battles

View PostHeinz234, on 01 September 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

I guess that´s what you are trying to make this into. I don´t mind though. I like games.

State of the art PC? And still this looks awful?

I guess you need (new) glasses then.

Oh my , you and some others think the game is rubbish?

Well i assume you are the expert after one game...

I know quite a few people though who think it's awesome, especially when playing simulator battles!

Yup sometimes you need to wait a few minutes to get into a battle.

And if you don"t like your tank to be upside down I suggest you learn to drive!

I can't remember the last time I flipped over.

Admire your defense of a poor relation of WOT and it's a bit of fun to argue away, if you look at my first post you will see that there is a humourous content and it's a pity that you take it too seriously. Never mind then, may meet up when you return to the top game LOL.

Heinz234 #16 Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 12176 battles
  • [-TWC-] -TWC-

View Postspidre, on 01 September 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

Admire your defense of a poor relation of WOT and it's a bit of fun to argue away, if you look at my first post you will see that there is a humourous content and it's a pity that you take it too seriously. Never mind then, may meet up when you return to the top game LOL.

Your first post most certainly did make me laugh but not because of it's (non existent) humorous content!

Cobra6 #17 Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDathdeath, on 29 August 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

Yeah the tanks are crap, i think they never heard of physics, that a tank with tons of wight would never move like a toy.

Uhm.......War Thunder's tanks move like toys? I'm very sorry but compared to WoT they move hyper realistic. So realistic that it can become very annoying for instance when you stop to aim and you rock on your suspension for a couple of times.

War Thunder tanks is only for you if you have an interest in relative realism because the amount of times you'll get one-shotted is painful. Especially if you get into Historical/Sim battles.

I really love both WoT and WT but you can not compare them at all gameplay wise.

Cobra 6

soolerman #18 Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles

Well I have to say I am enjoying WTGF as much as I enjoy WoT. Yes the tanks are very skittish and the game has a lot and I mean a lot of things that need fixed. But its a lot of fun to play and gives me a bit of a change for WoT while still getting my tank fix.

That said I can see why many WoT players find the game to be a bit pants. Between getting one shotted by an enemy you never even got to clap eyes on. And the large map full of traps, trees and rocks guaranteed to mess up your tank. And sneaky buggers flanking you or artying you to death from afar. Its a lot different to WoT and possibly not some guys cup of tea.

For myself I can't see me stopping playing ether game any time soon. Both games have a lot of issues needing fixed. But both games are so much fun to play. :smile:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users