Jigabachi #61 Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZeLemanRuss, on 31 August 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

I see what you did there! :veryhappy:

View Post_Aztec_, on 31 August 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

and competition to appear was just a matter of time.

And competition is highly needed...

Edited by Jigabachi, 31 August 2014 - 07:15 PM.

charns #62 Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16607 battles
Since the PVE part of the game is the levelling tool of tanks and possibly crews too, then this game is a no go for me. It reminds me too much of mmorpg game mechanics : forced to pve to be competitive in pvp. I still wait for beta and more information about this aspect, though.

In that video, it's funny how both guys talk about AW like it is the first time such tank game appears in video game market. The "we are exited" comments are laughable.

MajGenMus #63 Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7131 battles
  • [BRITZ] BRITZ

View PostJigabachi, on 31 August 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

View PostZeLemanRuss, on 31 August 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

I see what you did there! :veryhappy:

How the heck am I going to unwatch that now??? :amazed:

Rollerbob #64 Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9842 battles

Charliefoxtro_ #65 Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31954 battles
  • [L-BUN] L-BUN

I bet ru tanks will suck take that wg haha, it has arty and tds armour upgrades sexy outline markers and aim time circle all good, another tank game alright but let's play it first.

I hope it has r(igged)ng in every single thing for when i'm bored of winning, retarded mm, excessive lag when brawling and no lag after i die, skills and perks that might be effective (if rngesus says ur lucky),  premium tanks which don't reveal their small income bonus, any xp reward mechanics must be fully disclosed or random, i want bots afks, racists, tomatoes,  unicorns, kanza tkers, gold p2w ammo, 1,259 medals (including honorable medals for drinking hot soup and getting a haircut) and absolutely god forbidden no game balance.

Oh wait... i think i've seen it somewhere...

I guess they could add a built-in black-jack game for when i feel bored of shooting tanks and win a lot, it's the only thing left. Nothing can exceed wot i'm afraid, it's so well thought you know.

/sarcasm

Edited by guderianic, 31 August 2014 - 08:24 PM.

PAKFA #66 Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16505 battles

I'm not gonna lie and I don't care what others think, but so far I like it a lot.

Even if its a perfect clone of WoT with modern tanks I will still like it since we don't have a modern era tank game like this as an alternative.

For all I've seen and this is early alpha, the seem to copy every good thing in WoT, but even more important WoT's mods and then make them better. Plus a lot of stuff that is not even in WoT. So I really really don't mid.

Did I mention it has modern tanks? :smiles: What's not to like so far?

P.S. WG would better hurry with WoT 2.0 and make it modern era, otherwise I'm very interested in AW and can't wait for the beta to try it myself.

Edited by PAKFA, 31 August 2014 - 08:16 PM.

squint_eyes #67 Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25292 battles
  • [AA2DP] AA2DP
Remember guys its pre alpha, and it still looks better than wot after release.

Jigabachi #68 Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postian666, on 31 August 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

Remember guys its pre alpha, and it still looks better than wot after release.

WoT started as just another crappy f2p-game done by a little devteam. One of those which normally don't survive too long.

AW starts as a game developed by professional programmers with a big publisher behind them. And aimed at a completely different market.

MadFelineHoarder #69 Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1476 battles

If I've understood it correctly, it looks like AW's progressing system will be somewhat based on your ingame performance. If this is the case and if they manage to implement it properly, I like it. Apparently, the requirements won't be so that only the best players can progress, and it seems the further up the tree you go, the higher demands for progress will be. So, if I'm not completely wrong, this should mean no tier 8 premium tank players with only a handful battles played.

It sounds good on paper, at least. Let's see how it works in the game later on.

I don't know if it's okay to link to the dev post in question, so I won't.

Edited by MadFelineHoarder, 31 August 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Outlawz0111 #70 Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4351 battles

View Postmihai_sorin2, on 31 August 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Hi guys, what are yout thoughts about recently launched gameplay-footage of AW? Could it be a better game than WoT, or not?

Looks like my new tank game and i will go for the brits!.

PAKFA #71 Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16505 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 31 August 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

AW starts as a game developed by professional programmers with a big publisher behind them. And aimed at a completely different market.

And why is it aimed at a complete different market?

It's basically a better version of WoT with modern tanks and it's f2p. What different market are you talking about?

VladPomar #72 Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14458 battles

For a pre-alpha game it looks amazing.

It is very similar to WoT,which is not a bad thing since WoT is a very a good game.You'll finish the Russian meds. in WoT with the T-62A and you'll continue it in AW with the Russian MBT. 

More games with tanks are always welcomed: WoT/WT/AW/ (possibly) WoT 2

I'm curious what will be the WoT devs. response to the obvious similarities,also I'm curious how will AW devs. respond when they'll be asked about them.

One question,does anybody know what's Obsidian's take on pay2win?

Edited by VladPomar, 31 August 2014 - 09:18 PM.

MadFelineHoarder #73 Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1476 battles

View PostPAKFA, on 31 August 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

It's basically a better version of WoT with modern tanks and it's f2p. What different market are you talking about?

I think I read or heard somewhere that they're mainly targeting the European and Western market, in comparison to WG. I'll see if I can find the information again (one of the downsides of having a memory like a sieve).

EDIT:

Found the source (old, trusty FTR): edit: Don't remember if it's okay to link to FTR, so I removed it.

It doesn't say straight out that they're targeting the western market/EU, but SS seems to draw that conclusion though.

Edited by MadFelineHoarder, 31 August 2014 - 11:07 PM.

Balc0ra #74 Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74223 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPAKFA, on 31 August 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

Some like WWII tanks and the simplistic side of it. Some like modern tanks and the IR sights and missile shields and reactive armor. That's the different market. It looks 90% like the tank gameplay from BF3/4. And if you loved that, you will be right at home I guess. For some that did not cut it and will still stick around here. It looks nice sure. But I know to little about the base game to comment on anything. Might be boring as heck. Community might be a bag of [edited]and the top mounted missile launchers might be what they rage about over on their forum like SPG's here. Bottom line is.... some parts will never change. And will be the same for both. But as for gameplay? As I said. Looks nice. But who knows if the "fun factor" is there, or where its at in that game. Tanks was fun in BF3... but then the Tank DLC game with maps just for tanks. It was fun for a week. So I'm not getting my hopes up or down atm. I've signed up for a beta ages ago... So we will see.

But then again this might be the game that forces some innovation form WG, and WG sees this as a serious competitor. As WT atm is something WG plays and laughs at it seems. I hope more games like this comes. Not just tanks, but air and sea to. That would create more competition. And that's when we see focus shifts and new innovations. Imagine how boring the PC marked would be if only one company made games for it? Or if there always was just the one console? Competition pushes things along at times. I hope WG sees that this time and not just looks at it and says "they don't have the same tanks as us. We will be fine" and continues as usual.

Edited by Balc0ra, 31 August 2014 - 10:41 PM.

Grimdorf #75 Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11658 battles

View PostMadFelineHoarder, on 31 August 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

I think I read or heard somewhere that they're mainly targeting the European and Western market, in comparison to WG. I'll see if I can find the information again (one of the downsides of having a memory like a sieve).

And if true (as is likely) this will make a MASSIVE difference in the way the game is implemented.

Wether you accept it or not WG is primarily aimed at their Russian players (unsurprisingly) who have a different mentality / outlook on some things that western europeans don't have.

So complaints about poor MM, arty, etc that we regularly make here on the EU forum don't mean diddly unless a lot of russian players also feel the same way.

Add in the fact that WG have to cater for the average pc spec in Russia or lose a large amount of customers which probably makes them limited in improvements they can make......also add in that everything is developed in russian which excludes nearly every western game designer.... and you can see why WG struggle to keep up (as proven by them having to outsource the HD models to companies that WG say are struggling to provide decent quality).

Under those circumstances you can see that WG have actually not done too badly, although I'll still "jump ship" asap if a less frustrating to play tank game comes out....

SmileyMan73 #76 Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13230 battles
  • [MACE] MACE

Erm copy much?

FFS the whole interface is a straight copy.

Pansenmann #77 Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36395 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

looks like battlefield to me, can't help it.

and where is the realism? *sigh*

another arcade tank shooter.

also, graphics is not what makes a game fun.

take tetris for example

or even nethack!

Edited by Pansenmann, 31 August 2014 - 10:48 PM.

Flapjackbatter #78 Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6586 battles

Pre alpha ....That is just meaningless.

Just as meaningless as calling it beta, and at the same time sell for RL money. Yes, gaijin, I'm looking at you.

Alpha , beta ... those therms are just meaningless these days.

Edited by Flapjackbatter, 31 August 2014 - 10:59 PM.

Etova_Kala #79 Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8568 battles

View Postviuiv, on 31 August 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

Since the PVE part of the game is the levelling tool of tanks and possibly crews too, then this game is a no go for me. It reminds me too much of mmorpg game mechanics : forced to pve to be competitive in pvp. I still wait for beta and more information about this aspect, though.

In that video, it's funny how both guys talk about AW like it is the first time such tank game appears in video game market. The "we are exited" comments are laughable.

"You can actually see the upgrades ON YOUR TANK? That is SO COOL!"

Yeah, it's a bit embarrassing.

l0ngstrike #80 Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2663 battles

Looks like an exact copy of WoT, quite embarassing.

Also tagged with aw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users