aw

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

squint_eyes #81 Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25292 battles
  • [AA2DP] AA2DP

At some point Wargaming will loose competition because of bad management. They got money for investments but in same time they are keeping all information, comments n stuff about technical aspects in russian. Because of that they are hiring only people who knows russian language. Some time ago on FTR (i think it was translated interview with WG CEO) that person said they would want to hire more people but there is no one more who knows stuff and speaks russian.

U see , Wargaming is limited by this while other studios like one making Armored Warfare are not. Crew making AW, creating technical documents  and stuff are doing it in english, and since preety much everyone speaks english (except of WG employees) they will never have problems and limits like WG have.

Thats why if WG wont translate their internal stuff to english and sent their people to english lessons, they will stay in their hermetic staff limited russian envorinment. But chances it will happen are probably nonexistent. So better prepare for continous delays and bugs as result of not enought people.

Edited by ian666, 31 August 2014 - 11:46 PM.

Balc0ra #82 Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74884 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postian666, on 31 August 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

Remember guys its pre alpha, and it still looks better than wot after release.

First off.. WOT is still in beta... more or less.  And WG did not have the cash bin they have now when they stated WOT. So they used what they had an started with nothing. So when they was in the alpha stage. The game engine was to. And it shows form old Alpha clips on youtube. They had not plans to go big. This was a small time thing for RU only. But since then it blew up and got out of hand. Thus the reason for the 8.0 update. They could afford to tweak more. Then they could afford the Havok engine that takes time to tweak I take it since we don't hear much about it atm.

Armored Warfare is in Alpha. But the game engine is not. They still use the 7 year old Cryengine 2 as it was easier for em. 1st off the engine has been tested and tweaked for almost a decade. It works with just about every system GPU/CPU combo there is as there have been several companies that have used the engine and helped to build it up. As you want as many to play a F2P game as possible on most systems. And not set the system demands to high.  WG have to do the testing on their own at a smaller scale. So thus there are more people still having fps issues on most "modern" system combos. So the game already runs at 100%. They only need to tweak it for the basic systems when they add their improved render and graphics as they have done to the engine to make it look a bit nicer. All they had do to was add maps, tank models and use the already well tweaked tank gameplay system for the cryengine. The game engine have seen several games and mods back in the day. Crytek was communicating with the mod community back then and shared info. They was impressed with the tank mod that was more or less like Armored Warfare. Just with US tanks vs Russian tanks form the late 90's up to 2008 ish when the mod was new. And the Mechwarrior mod had some nice tank gameplay to that Crytek liked. They got the tweaks from those mods and used it to improve tank gameplay in the next games and for the engine in general. So that's what they are using. A mix of Crytek tech and community tech.

Most of the game is already done before they started. The game is in Alpha now. But that's just the gameplay as they constantly tweak and tune it since they add new stuff all the time. The core game is not in Alpha. As the engine and other aspects is tweaked and runs better then WOT atm as its an "older" engine. So thus they got this game up really fast as 50% of the work was already done. One of many advantages of using a well used engine counter to starting form the ground up. But as the gameplay is still in the early stages. Who knows who it will look like at late Beta.  That's when I'll look at it again. Its to early to tell. They are still experimenting with maps and game modes to figure out what works and don't work as for top open and to "corridor like".Heck one of the maps on that video looked like it was copied straight form BF3's Operation Firestorm.

View Postian666, on 31 August 2014 - 11:31 PM, said:

At some point Wargaming will loose competition because of bad management.

The main reason for that is cus they don't care atm. There is no real competition to WOT atm. No real contender to take away their "clients" that are still spending money on their game. Once they get more competition and take it more seriously then they did WT it might change. I do actually hope Armored Warfare comes out and kicks WG in the groin so they wake up and see they do need to keep up and change along with the competition to still go strong. Then.. only then will we see a change for the better. When WG is forced to do it. ATM they are guided by their "lose" management true.... cus we still spend money here and not at an other tank game.

Edited by Balc0ra, 31 August 2014 - 11:56 PM.

Bortasqu #83 Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1082 battles

Notice which one of those pre-alpha players that are actually good at the game, and who is just "following what they are told to".

Seems like same aiming circle, wait for it to snap into place then shoot style WoT has.

No camo system in place, but they've all ready implemented ramming and water crossing that WoT used years to develop.

Visual add-ons that has a purpose +1.

Missiles +1.

Reactive armour +1.

Artillery -1.

Your own military base that you can focus on and develop at your own pace +1.

Balc0ra #84 Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74884 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBortasqu, on 31 August 2014 - 11:54 PM, said:

Notice which one of those pre-alpha players that are actually good at the game, and who is just "following what they are told to".

They are all people that work at developing the game. Most of the battles are pre planned and once they are told the stream is now looking at you. They are told where to go and what to do so they can showcase as much as they can. Like when he used a missile for the first time. Or when he used it a 2nd time they had 3 tanks there with a missile defense system to showcase that to.

Its a common practice when you showcase a game early. Even BF4 was like that. Different people playing on stage to show the game. But they all did more or less the same as the people the day before. Tossed the grenade almost at the same spot. Blew up the same wall. Had the tank wait at the same spot so the Engineer could show his new skills. 

You wanna showcase all the new stuff... not player skills that only do what he likes. Then we would see even less.

Fastwinstondoom #85 Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7292 battles
Leo 2 and probably Merkava's in there somewhere too...I will play this and all you haters be damned :D

L0ddy #86 Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:35 AM

Major

• Player
  • 86273 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostBalc0ra, on 31 August 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

The main reason for that is cus they don't care atm. There is no real competition to WOT atm. No real contender to take away their "clients" that are still spending money on their game. Once they get more competition and take it more seriously then they did WT it might change. I do actually hope Armored Warfare comes out and kicks WG in the groin so they wake up and see they do need to keep up and change along with the competition to still go strong. Then.. only then will we see a change for the better. When WG is forced to do it. ATM they are guided by their "lose" management true.... cus we still spend money here and not at an other tank game.

^^this, also people like serb & storm come across as extremely arrogant.

i cannot wait for an alternative game, something modern & polished. wg have a lot to learn.

Edited by L0ddy, 01 September 2014 - 03:41 AM.

Multispec #87 Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12417 battles

Well, it is there.

My more serious thoughts is, wtf are guided missiles etc.doing in a shooter game? I mean, yeah fair enough, modern weapons etc. but no.

A comparison would be BF1942 dogfights to BF2+ dogfights.

BF1942 were World War 2 era planes with machine guns, required handling, aim, skill.

BF2 dogfights were "aquire lock on, time missiles so first missile would be eaten by flares but second missile was fired before flares came off cooldown"

Guess which I found more enjoyable?

Edit: But yes, Leopard 2s... *drools*

Edited by Multispec, 01 September 2014 - 03:57 AM.

Kamile02 #88 Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51 battles
mail.ru is stronk donation, they ruined all theyr games.

squint_eyes #89 Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25292 battles
  • [AA2DP] AA2DP
Hey 3dfx guy, u are talking about different things. WG uses numbers starting with 0. when they talk about current game version but it doesnt mean anything really cuz its only a number. Fact is that they released game in April 2011 which is more than 3 years ago and they earning money all that time. For over 3 years of ongoing project, well im not impressed when i see pre alpha AW which will be released probably in a year or more. Wot at pre alpha was just terrible. 

Edited by ian666, 01 September 2014 - 08:52 AM.

jabster #90 Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12790 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostL0ddy, on 01 September 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

^^this, also people like serb & storm come across as extremely arrogant.

Fortunately someone seems to have locked SerB in a cupboard recently as I assume that the WG PR department finally realised that comments that come across as pure contempt for the people who pay your wages may not be such a good idea after all.

Edited by jabster, 01 September 2014 - 08:07 AM.

baboonsRgr8m8 #91 Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18414 battles

Certainly looks pretty, but it's only first impression from a video. Until I have the possibility to play it, I can't really comment.

But it looks like blatant copy of WoT, which is not necessarily wrong thing. I'd have no reason to play the same game, sure if it was made by WG on connected account, I'd have no objections. I will, however, give it a thorough try, once I have the opportunity to do so.

What I find interesting is the idea of importing "5-man dungeons" into a tank game.

Dr_Zap #92 Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 60152 battles
  • [HE-JA] HE-JA
I will wait with forming my opinion until I actually played the game. I do however think this might be a serious blow for WG on the NA server. I think a lot of NA players will be attracted by the possibility to play the Abrams MBT and own the underdeveloped Russian T series....:hiding:

M4JORPA1N #93 Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4847 battles

I will be the first to leave WoT for good in search of other games.. like this one. Already sent in a ticket to have my account deleted (premium tanks, gold, 70 days premium etc etc) and all my personal info removed from their system so, "so long all" enjoy your daily dose of Tomato Soup and match fixing ;)

squint_eyes #94 Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25292 battles
  • [AA2DP] AA2DP

View Postpanzerjap, on 01 September 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

I will wait with forming my opinion until I actually played the game. I do however think this might be a serious blow for WG on the NA server. I think a lot of NA players will be attracted by the possibility to play the Abrams MBT and own the underdeveloped Russian T series....:hiding:

Well many europeans would probably agree with u because english or german players which are in majority would love to check their Challengers 2, Leopards 2 or Merkavas 4. On top of that, countries which doesnt have enought tanks to fit serb criteria can fit AW like Poland PT-91 or Ukraine T-84.

DanloJr #95 Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13394 battles
  • [R-TC] R-TC

View PostM4JORPA1N, on 01 September 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

I will be the first to leave WoT for good in search of other games.. like this one. Already sent in a ticket to have my account deleted (premium tanks, gold, 70 days premium etc etc) and all my personal info removed from their system so, "so long all" enjoy your daily dose of Tomato Soup and match fixing ;)

I will probably be joining you and a think some of my clan maybe as well.

xThanatosVIx #96 Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15878 battles

It looks promising, if they get the reward system right (which WoT failed patheticly at) it might become quite good.

However that was the first gameplay revealed and its way too early to judge.

I hope they learn from the faults WoT has and improve at the right places.(RNG, reward system, stock grinds, vision/spotting system)

If they kinda copy everything and simply use modern tanks there wouldnt be much incentive for me to play it.

However Im happy that they try to copy the core gameplay from WoT and not from WT:GF

EdvinE20 #97 Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 40969 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
I thought to myself I was gonna give it a try. Then artillery slammed the door on me.

Slyspy #98 Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14733 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 01 September 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

Fortunately someone seems to have locked SerB in a cupboard recently as I assume that the WG PR department finally realised that comments that come across as pure contempt for the people who pay your wages may not be such a good idea after all.

In many ways I'd rather have honest contempt than the obscurification of the PR man!

Besides which, as this thread shows, all the contempt (and flaws) hasn't stopped many, many people from continuing to suck on a teat which they call sour.

Ubertoaster #99 Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16747 battles
  • [TAHK] TAHK
Hey, you wished for World of Tanks with modern tanks - and there you go!

SanyaJuutilainen #100 Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20875 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostBalc0ra, on 01 September 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

First off.. WOT is still in beta... more or less. 

Just a side note - it's not. For two years already.

Also tagged with aw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users