Star citizen

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

LUNSSI #1 Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14740 battles

Hello I wonder has anyone any interest in this?

anyone going to play or allready registered and pledged?

Krogenator #2 Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16784 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

My favorite space/alien game Youtuber Scott Manley has a few videos and a little info on that game.It looks very interesting and I am considering playing it as well but I want to see how their co-op and multiplayer part works before I buy anything.

Was very tempted to join already in their kickstarter but have had some bad experience with a few other games you pay for in advance of them even being made.With that said some of the games I have funded in advance have turned out to be great.

There are also a lot of Youtubers that have a lot of game content explained and videos showing glimpse of what might be added to the game.

Cobra6 #3 Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I've got access, haven't played it much though :) Also have access to Elite:Dangerous, same deal.

Cobra 6

Celandri #4 Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19696 battles

got access to both, and will say Elite will be my cup of tea though.

Star citizen is how to say it, not so fluid? and starting to get bloated with everything they want into the game. while Elite is more streamlined and get more and more streamlined game

soolerman #5 Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles
I have seen some stuff by Jingles and I think LastStandGamers. I have considered it but I don't think my PC will be up to it. I also prefer space games like Space Engineers rather than the type of thing.

LUNSSI #6 Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14740 battles

ive just had a 4 day hangar pass for free via some random interntz code on FTR.

well even with my dated GPU it looks sexy as hell!

the fliying is good.. I hope they deliver on the Persistent universe because thats my draw for this game.

I trust the developer and his team.. hes not the kind of guy to let anyone down and of all the kickstarter games ive seen so far this has the most potential and the higbhest likelyhood of delivering.

Im jumping in with both feet

spending £400 on my PC and pledging £70 to the game for a nice shiny sexy ship of wonder.

a small gamble imo.. and I gamble alot playing poker I rarely lose :glasses:

LUNSSI #7 Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14740 battles

View PostCobra6, on 03 September 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

I've got access, haven't played it much though :) Also have access to Elite:Dangerous, same deal.

Cobra 6

I had a 3 day pas to ED didnt like it as much but i thought the ship handling was superior.. not sure what that means..

dennez #8 Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I pledged for an Origin 325A a couple of months ago.. Then lost sight of the game's progress only to find out that you can actually test/fly them now. Haven't updated the client yet. I'm reluctant to start another awesome game that will cost me all my spare time.. And so is the missus :angry:

LUNSSI #9 Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14740 battles

View Postdennez, on 05 September 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

I pledged for an Origin 325A a couple of months ago.. Then lost sight of the game's progress only to find out that you can actually test/fly them now. Haven't updated the client yet. I'm reluctant to start another awesome game that will cost me all my spare time.. And so is the missus :angry:

yes you can fly and kill alien ships also 9.0 is coming soon ish... and that will have co-op arena commander.

to be honest the universe wont be beta till late next year ( at a guess) so you have plenty of time to convince the strive

Obinotus #10 Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12789 battles

Become a Star Citizen @RobertsSpaceInd and get 5,000 free Credits  https://robertsspace...=STAR-G3KT-722T

Use that Referral Code while signing up: STAR-G3KT-722T  (Where to do that open up the spoiler below)

Spoiler

How the referral-program of Star Citizen works: https://robertsspace...eferral-program

Todays Gameplay of Star Citizen:

Edited by Obinotus, 12 January 2016 - 01:43 AM.

Obinotus #11 Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12789 battles

It is announced, that the single player campaign (Squadron 42 "SQ42" ) and the MMO part (Star Citizen) are going to be sold separately. So the price will be ~ 60$ (~ € 55.39) for each from the 14th February 2016

So if you want to have both Games SQ42 & Star Citizen for a price of 45 $, than you should pledge before 14th February.

Otherwise it will be much more expensive, since both are traded as a full price triple A title.

If you are going to pledge for it, do not forget to use Enlisting-Bonus-Code of the Star Citizen’s Recruitment Program [1]and get 5,000UEC~5$ to spend in Voyager Direct

[1] The Star Citizen Recruitment Program allows you to invite friends to join the Star Citizen Project. Anyone registering with your personal code will automatically get 5,000 UEC to spend in Voyager Direct, and whenever one of your recruits becomes an active player by purchasing a Game Package (with minimum value of $40 USD), you will get a Recruitment Point. These Points unlock rewards automatically. See the full details

Edited by Obinotus, 30 January 2016 - 02:51 PM.

Enforcer1975 #12 Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Do i get some sort of starter ship or do i still have to buy one if i get the 55€ pack? We wanted to play it but i'm quite hesitant to buy a hyped game just because it way a hit a couple of decades ago.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 01 February 2016 - 10:33 AM.

Obinotus #13 Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12789 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 01 February 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

Do i get some sort of starter ship or do i still have to buy one if i get the 55€ pack? We wanted to play it but i'm quite hesitant to buy a hyped game just because it way a hit a couple of decades ago.

If you haven't bought a "gamepackage" yet like the aurora mr or mustang alpha for 45$ you do not obtained the game and so you cannot play it. 

This is a new game its ancestors ar only part of the spirit, but this game ist on a total different level then than the games decades ago.

My Topic for Star Citizen in the german offtopic Section much more information you can use google translator: http://forum.worldof...d/#entry5958900

Edited by Obinotus, 09 February 2016 - 12:45 AM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #14 Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 26535 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

I pledged to this game a year ago. I havent played it much but from what I have seen it looks amazing. I will be firing it back up later this year when squadron 42 is finalized.

if you want to know more

http://www.starcitizenstatus.com/

CroustibatFR #15 Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23297 battles

I tried it, and i don't think i'll play it again.

The first problem i encountered is quite impossible to solve, and will hurt their sells massively. I can't get 60fps at 1080p. Even at minimum details. Yet i have an i5  3570k clocked at 4.3Ghz, 16Gb or ram and an HD7970 ( same as a R280x i believe ? ). So there is no way anyone can get 60fps at max details, like, ever. Maybe spend 1000€+ on a couple of very high end GFX cards, which might prove not sufficient. I can't even run it at 1080p medium details when on foot in town. I barely get 20fps, and that is when i just stand still and look at the ground. There was no one around either.

I am saying it is quite impossible to solve because the industry has come against a massive wall. The problem is, until a couple of years, developments were done considering powerful enough hardware would exist when the game is released... which was true.

But we hit a wall a couple of years ago. It is very hard to build smaller transistors, the yields are disastrous; and when you do, there is an endless world of pain as chips get VERY sensitive to every kind or radio electric field... also, transistors always leak a bit of current.

There are also other problems when going higher in frequencies. There is not much point in adding much more expensive to manufacture cache. Tons of peripherals are now integrated in the cpu, most of them were called northbridge, southbridge and various memory and usb controllers. And there are already way enough instruction sets that can do anything. The same goes with GPUs, now there are made of extremely fast memory and tons of parallel processing units. Adding more is going to cost exponentially more, while consuming more power (= heating too), for diminishing returns.

So we can't add functions to chips, we can't clock them higher, and we can't make them smaller. We are stuck, from the performance point of view.

Point is, we can hardly make chips go faster. The priority is now to mobility, so the research is geared toward way less consumed power combined with a small decrease in performance.

And star citizen managers didn't account for that. So, unless they are willing to degrade the visual effects, the entrance ticket is going to be a 3000€ computer.

Second, that is more related to ingame economics. I can't see how SC is going to balance 15.000$ spaceships (you read that right) with 20$ ones.

I don't like the insurance system either; that system is designed to milk players. Sure, it may not milk them much ... for now. I can't see this system being good for players. How would you feel if, in WOT, you had to pay silver so should your tank get destroyed in battle, you don't need to pay it again, with cash ? I know i'd hate that. Now add the idea that you need to buy ships with money ...

Frankly, i was hyped a lot, and very (like very very very) disappointed by the game. Sure it still is alpha/beta/whatever, just like every multiplayer game now, but seriously ... it is buggy and slow as hell. I would not even call that an alpha stage.  I just don't feel the game is up to the hype right now, and considering how long it has been under development, it may never be.

Edited by CroustibatFR, 10 February 2016 - 04:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users