• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Eila_Juutilainen #41 Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:13 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21434 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View Postazakow, on 14 November 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

I assume both you are reffering to play it like this: http://wotreplays.com/site/1331629#south_coast-azakow-t-54_lightweight

No, I'm referring to my desire to troll my friends because I'm a horrible, horrible person.

Superbigel #42 Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 54 battles

Got this garbage a few days ago. Wow it's utter crap. This is like a medium in disguise. And a pretty bad one.

- absolutely laughable rof

- sluggish mobility

- garbage pen

And all those parameters at T10. As other said this pathetic excuse of a "light" tank is only worth in T8 and starts to struggle at T9. At T10 it's just garbage. You get shot at easily, you have no rof, terrible mobility and armor is worthless.

With LTTB you can carry every battle with it's excellent mobility, godd dmg, great rof. Not to mention how great is at sea clubbing other lights.

Im taking advantage of the x2 crew experience event to level the crew back from 90 to 100% and im switch it back to LTTB. God what a waste of credits this pos is. RU 251 butchers this crap.

Edited by Superbigel, 15 November 2014 - 03:56 PM.

distrofijus #43 Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30826 battles

I've elited T54 lt (had T-54 already researched) during x5 event. Stock (stock tracks + stock engine) is lacking mobility. However with top engine and tracks is very agile. I own most of the LTs (bar T49, which I will get of course in due time) and I wouldnt say that it is less agile than RU or WZ counterparts.

Will return to it after done with some grinds, but I wouldnt say it's that much disappointment. Seemed ok tank.

Exocet6951 #44 Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 40972 battles
  • [BALTO] BALTO
After a few games with it, and having had all tier8 lights, my take on this tank is that it's serious.
The RU is a harassing sniper, WZ is a harassing dedicated scout, AMX 13 90 an opportunistic ganker, T49 a play4fun gigglemachine, but the T54 LT is a serious machine with no aspirations other than to perform adequately in a hybrid role of scout and medium.
It's not a bad tank, it can go toe to toe with tier8 mediums in a pinch if the need arises. But it doesn't have that certain "je ne sais quoi" the other tier8 lights have. That defining characteristic that makes someone say: "I grinded this tank because..."

It's a good, and in the right hands potent little machine, but don't expect the same amount of thrill as the others. It's less light tank, more medium. But I'm ok with that. It means it can replace tier8 mediums in stronghold/TC/Team battles all while having the benefits of having light tank bonuses.

My final word is: if you want a good all around vehicle to fit your tier8 light needs, this is it. If you're looking for something more specific, you might want to check out the other tier8 lights instead.

Akathis #45 Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 83137 battles

View PostSuperbigel, on 15 November 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

Got this garbage a few days ago. Wow it's utter crap. This is like a medium in disguise. And a pretty bad one.

- absolutely laughable rof

- sluggish mobility

- garbage pen

This. The reality is that t8 scouts are underpowered as hell in tier X matches. Maybe ru251 or amx1390 are somewhat balanced, but t49, t54lt and wz132 aren't.

Lots of tier X matches +  tons of corridor maps => you are forced to brawl => and you will usually bounce cause of your shitty gun => loooong time to reload +no armor+low life => easy to own, easy to kill => frustration.

And, definitely, I cant understand WHY the tX soviet meds, that german e50m and that batchat all have light tank mobility. Not strange t54lt can't do a proper job in most games.

azakow #46 Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 81086 battles

View PostAkathis, on 20 November 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

This. The reality is that t8 scouts are underpowered as hell in tier X matches. Maybe ru251 or amx1390 are somewhat balanced, but t49, t54lt and wz132 aren't.

Lots of tier X matches +  tons of corridor maps => you are forced to brawl => and you will usually bounce cause of your shitty gun => loooong time to reload +no armor+low life => easy to own, easy to kill => frustration.

And, definitely, I cant understand WHY the tX soviet meds, that german e50m and that batchat all have light tank mobility. Not strange t54lt can't do a proper job in most games.

Sounds like the usual whining about LTing in general, but this time with some LTing expertise.

It seems that you have been "spoiled" by LT4 and that your statement is mostly assumption of some kind.

The T-54 LW is almost like a Luchs at tier 4.

The only difference is the skill of your opponents. The rest is the same, spotting, harrasing, circling, relocating, sniping, ... all what makes LTing fun.

Free your mind!

:honoring:

Edited by azakow, 20 November 2014 - 08:56 AM.

Akathis #47 Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 83137 battles

View Postazakow, on 20 November 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

Sounds like the usual whining about LTing in general, but this time with some LTing expertise.

It seems that you have been "spoiled" by LT4 and that your statement is mostly assumption of some kind.

The T-54 LW is almost like a Luchs at tier 4.

The only difference is the skill of your opponents. The rest is the same, spotting, harrasing, circling, relocating, sniping, ... all what makes LTing fun.

Free your mind!

:honoring:

Azakow, please, dont underestimate other light tank players. Long time ago I dont play Luchs regularly, since it used to see tier 8. Lately I only play high tier lights, and they are blatantly underpowered by any standard. You are among those dudes who think that the issue with LT is the driver. It is not so easy.

My experience is that high tier scouts are only usefull when there are no corridor map, and the enemy make no lemming trains of heavy armored tanks that crush one flank and overwhelm the whole team. When these 2 things concur, you can do nothing at all but die. 

You are outspotted a lot, and you know it. You are hitted a lot more than in low tiers, and you know it. You are blind shooted a lot, and you know it. Certain meds can chase and outmaneuver you, and you know it (and that WTE100 and his magic speedy turrret...). Many tanks can cripple you with one and precise shot (the same with a derp at tier 4 but with way better accuracy), and you know it. Harrasment? Well, meds can do it way better. 

Sorry for being so rude, but I am a bit fed up with the "LT whining" expression.

MetalManiac69 #48 Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23425 battles
you need to learn to OBSERVE and IMPROVISE. use corners to your advantage on city maps, flank, de-track tanks, buttrape them when they're distracted... de-tracking is the most useful thing you can do for your team on city maps where spotting isn't needed.

Edited by MetalManiac69, 20 November 2014 - 11:25 AM.

azakow #49 Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 81086 battles

View PostAkathis, on 20 November 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Azakow, please, dont underestimate other light tank players. Long time ago I dont play Luchs regularly, since it used to see tier 8. Lately I only play high tier lights, and they are blatantly underpowered by any standard. You are among those dudes who think that the issue with LT is the driver. It is not so easy.

My experience is that high tier scouts are only usefull when there are no corridor map, and the enemy make no lemming trains of heavy armored tanks that crush one flank and overwhelm the whole team. When these 2 things concur, you can do nothing at all but die. 

You are outspotted a lot, and you know it. You are hitted a lot more than in low tiers, and you know it. You are blind shooted a lot, and you know it. Certain meds can chase and outmaneuver you, and you know it (and that WTE100 and his magic speedy turrret...). Many tanks can cripple you with one and precise shot (the same with a derp at tier 4 but with way better accuracy), and you know it. Harrasment? Well, meds can do it way better. 

Sorry for being so rude, but I am a bit fed up with the "LT whining" expression.

I do not underestimate you at all.

Let me sumarise my understanding:

• outspotted alot, hence low survival rate
  • shot at often and blind shotted, hence a lot of damage taken (damge ratio)
  • no harrasment opportunities, hence no damage dealing (damage dealt)
  • corridor maps often, hence no spotting (damage assisted)
  • lemming teams often, hence low win chances (win rate)

Please let me know which data set you like to see for further discussion.

Yes, I am one of the dudes that think the problem is mostly at the keyboard.

Sure one could say, look a crew 6+ skills.

With this vehicle it is ordinary 4+ skill crew aquired by LTing on the RUS line only.

And we all know, that good crews are required in any vehicle to succeed.

I'm sorry that you got fed up by my words.

Still you have enough battle experience and LT knowledge to succeed.

This was the reason why I said, free your mind!

Let me show you some samples of "classic corridor" maps and the usefulness of LTing on these maps:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1343090#mountain_pass-azakow-t-54_lightweight

http://wotreplays.com/site/1331629#south_coast-azakow-t-54_lightweight

http://wotreplays.com/site/1325789#sacred_valley-azakow-t-54_lightweight

http://wotreplays.com/site/1328804#winter_himmelsdorf-azakow-t-54_lightweight

Spoiler
Sure it is not always like this, but it is more often than not (99.7%, solo randoms).

Edited by azakow, 20 November 2014 - 03:41 PM.

Search_Warrant #50 Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28383 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
i watched winter himmelsdorf one... gold shell crit hit on that arty at the end.. thats some funny RNG right there.

KillSlim #51 Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15436 battles

I've played the T54 line. I loved the T54, T62A and I've gotten myself an Object 140. I also have the T49 and love every second of it. Recently I got myself a T54 ltwt, and I can't grasp how to play it. It plays like a stock T54 with more speed. The gun is somewhat tolerable but the ROF isn't. 

Edit: Has anyone else noticed this thing drifts and slides a LOT? I just this second came out of a Lakeville game, I tried to go up the mid road and I [edited]slid off into the lake. It wasn't just that game, though, I have noticed it slides lots in other games. Maybe this is something to do with it's low terrain resistance? 

Edited by KillSlim, 01 January 2015 - 04:57 PM.

kaneloon #52 Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:22 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30566 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A

View PostKillSlim, on 31 December 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

Has anyone else noticed this thing drifts and slides a LOT?

Yeh, drifting is painfully when occuring at the worst times ;)

But I feel it drifts less than the LTTB. 

I don''t have any other tiers VIII scouts, but I'm starting to like this t54 lt.

He has a low profile, good for hiding, and moves well in a browl (turret bounces fairly well at close range).

Still, with tiers X without arties it's painful (less spotting damages, and less targets).

+ you feel like being the only target of the tiers X ...

Edited by kaneloon, 02 January 2015 - 01:23 AM.

KillSlim #53 Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15436 battles

After getting a few more battles done in this tank, I don't understand the point of it when tanks like the 13 90, T49, RU 251 etc exist and are just better scouts AND better support tanks. Even the WZ-132 is better as it's faster and has a vastly superior gun, is smaller and more mobile.

What's the point of this tank? 

Eila_Juutilainen #54 Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21434 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostKillSlim, on 02 January 2015 - 08:21 PM, said:

After getting a few more battles done in this tank, I don't understand the point of it when tanks like the 13 90, T49, RU 251 etc exist and are just better scouts AND better support tanks. Even the WZ-132 is better as it's faster and has a vastly superior gun, is smaller and more mobile.

It's basically a WZ-132 with armour and more gun depression. And it's Russian, I guess.

azakow #55 Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:00 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 81086 battles

View PostKillSlim, on 31 December 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

I've played the T54 line. I loved the T54, T62A and I've gotten myself an Object 140. I also have the T49 and love every second of it. Recently I got myself a T54 ltwt, and I can't grasp how to play it. It plays like a stock T54 with more speed. The gun is somewhat tolerable but the ROF isn't. 

Edit: Has anyone else noticed this thing drifts and slides a LOT? I just this second came out of a Lakeville game, I tried to go up the mid road and I [edited]slid off into the lake. It wasn't just that game, though, I have noticed it slides lots in other games. Maybe this is something to do with it's low terrain resistance? 

You are describing what vehicles you already have.

These vehicle are MT and therefore handle very differently.

Any MT offers the commander at the keyboard some margin for errors.

A LT8 like the the T54 LW does not offer such margin, hence requires very different handling.

RoF to low?!

LTing is about patience and battlefield awareness.

Complaining about the RoF at about 800 damage per match is far from using the potential of the current gun.

Tips: Aim better and live longer.

Among the LT8, the T-54 LW is a very good fighter and a good spotter.

It is the only LT with a "usable" turret.

View PostKillSlim, on 02 January 2015 - 08:21 PM, said:

Being able to "derp" yourself through a match on the T49 is very different from other LT8 battlefield behavior.

1. What exactly is superior of the WZ-132 gun?
  2. What gun of the WZ-132 are you talking about?
  3. What exactly do you mean by more mobile?

It is another nations LT8 with some special attributes, more of a light MT than an LT.

kaneloon #56 Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30566 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A

Aced it yesterday :

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1487774

I know I abuse auto-targeting, but since a child gave a bath to it, my MX-518 doesn't work well ...

PontusJanssonsMagic #57 Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52786 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

Got this earlier today after finally get my Ace Tanker on the LTTB. First game was excellent, then went through a bad few games where I wasn't really liking it. Then I think I got to grips with it. I've not played RU or 1390 but I think it holds up well enough for a tier 8 light. Its quite long and wide but is lower than T49 and tracks can eat up damage and turret is more than reliable to bonce shots when you get in a bit of a pickle. Mobility is good and gun is decent enough. Obvioulsy you need some APCR for the heavy targets.

I really wanted to get the RU but that's a way off yet. But Im happy to take this route to T-54/140 than go back and play through the med line.

Malakaz #58 Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27651 battles
  • [NAZIR] NAZIR

At the begining I have to say- I had no expectations for this tank. But I was surprised - in positive way got to say. Its not bad at all. I may strugle with gun depresion a bit (but, hell, I have this problem with anything thats not UK MT or US HT).

Two things I realy like about this:

It is awesome antiscout - its rare that some other scout kills me, and I like to give those 13 90s "a little bump"

loader handles the radio - I admit it my russian crew is just gang of greenhorns with just 50%+ on 2nd skill (thanks to x-mass premiums and 2x crewXP) thus its nice to look forward to sit.awarness or vengeace call befor 5th skill

I see it as a potent machine as soon as player and crew gets better (or at least in my case)

ShotaroPL #59 Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34261 battles
  • [ISOUL] ISOUL

very like this tank. Very good scout (with optics), nice in close combat (but tanks with good gun depresion are not easy enemy for him and yestarday newbie T34 killed me in close combat...)

my last sesion: 14 battles, >3700 WN8, 29% win ratio. - in 12 battles I was in weaker teams. Its very anoying to play scout for tard$, when you show at start where you go spot and all team go to otherside. In X tiers battle with noobs you cant carry allone in 8 tier tank. Sad but true. I hope that I dont sell that nice tank in rage, after play several games with legions of idiots.

Edited by ShotaroPL, 05 January 2015 - 02:28 PM.

Tsolia #60 Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43692 battles
  • [GVA] GVA

Bought it yesterday, and had few games in it. Now I am not a good light tank player, I do try though. Had epic fun in it, and I have to admit, that while at first I was in full scouting role, and did ok. In the end (most of the games!), was all run around and clean up.

Then I got into strongholds. Pure EPIC. couldn't stop laughing, while going around IS3's! Had a great evening, and was really glad to get it.

I am now looking forward to more games with it, and preferably, the bad ones, in order to observe my limits as well as the tanks.

On the whole... It feels like Christmas!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users