M41 walker bulldog- wg are you trolling

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Roy_Mustang_ #41 Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 52240 battles
  • [-IRI-] -IRI-

If you're controlling the engagements, the auto is better (2s between shots), and you're almost never in a situation where you're shooting more than 10 times in a row. It's a light, you're flanking, harrassing etc, and for that, having that 2s rld between your shots is crucial imo. ( and in a dogfight against another m41 you'll never loose if he's using the single shots gun).

But thanks, i just learnt  that i have no brain :D

Edited by 1ight, 28 September 2014 - 01:42 PM.

WatDaFraK #42 Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27215 battles

i just love it how everyone posts screens from t8 games and praises this tank

now let me get to the bad sides of it

1st. 12/12 games played were in t10 .... so for me at least the MM is awfull .... i would expect some 2 t8 games and 4-5 t9 4-5 t10 but no .... all i got is t10

2nd. 4 games in a row got ammorack explosion from 1st shot i got (only happent on 2nd turret)

3rd. its a BIG target ... and i really mean big .... its like a pershing or a patton

4th. gun disperssion is rather big compared to other lights 

Edited by WatDaFraK, 28 September 2014 - 02:23 PM.

3Form #43 Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 18245 battles

View Post1ight, on 28 September 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

If you're controlling the engagements, the auto is better (2s between shots), and you're almost never in a situation where you're shooting more than 10 times in a row. It's a light, you're flanking, harrassing etc, and for that, having that 2s rld between your shots is crucial imo. ( and in a dogfight against another m41 you'll never loose if he's using the single shots gun).

But thanks, i just learnt  that i have no brain :D

Well you're almost never in a situation where you are shooting ten times in a row. Every second you spend with shells in your clip but not shooting is wasted potential when you have an autoloader with such a large clip + long reload time.

I say this because with a non autoloading gun I rarely find myself with 30s down time. I mean it only takes 10 seconds or so to go unspotted, and when that happens you are ready to pop out and start shooting again. 

A dogfight against another M41 is precisely an uncontrolled engagement. You can spin it either way if you want to, because with the single shot gun you will try and get shots on the autoloader as he approaches you - both players can attempt to control the engagement to their advantage. Really though I think this argument is stupid as WOT isn't often a game of 1v1s, the whole decision really comes down to playstyle. If you prefer to harass and skirmish, then the single-shot is better. If you prefer close quarter knife fights then the autoloader is better because of the damage in the clip. If the autoloader was 3 or 4 shots like the Chi Ri then it'd be awesome for harassing.

dennez #44 Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18716 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWatDaFraK, on 28 September 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

i just love it how everyone posts screens from t8 games and praises this tank

now let me get to the bad sides of it

1st. 12/12 games played were in t10 .... so for me at least the MM is awfull .... i would expect some 2 t8 games and 4-5 t9 4-5 t10 but no .... all i got is t10

2nd. 4 games in a row got ammorack explosion from 1st shot i got (only happent on 2nd turret)

3rd. its a BIG target ... and i really mean big .... its like a pershing or a patton

4th. gun disperssion is rather big compared to other lights 

Well, i got really lucky then.. I played about 30 games and can only recall some 5-ish tier X matches. 75% is pure tier 8. This is solo however. As soon as you platoon with another scout or regular mm tank, mm will fhuck you. Bad. 

The gun is awesome. And the APCR shellspeed is just godlike, especially compared to the horrible shell velocity of the T37's gun. I'm pretty sure you can actually outrun these shells.

Edited by dennez, 30 September 2014 - 08:48 AM.

KLguns #45 Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50591 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postindu, on 06 September 2014 - 01:25 AM, said:

But we all know wg plan. Lets make a beast tank. Many people gona spend lot of gold for that. Then comes the nerf !

Why use gold to get a T7 tank??? I already have 17k xp on the T6 so this will be mine in a week, no gold spent. People must be really stu****id to use gold to get tanks that can be "grinded" in a few weeks.

dennez #46 Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18716 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKLguns, on 30 September 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

Why use gold to get a T7 tank??? I already have 17k xp on the T6 so this will be mine in a week, no gold spent. People must be really stu****id to use gold to get tanks that can be "grinded" in a few weeks.

But mommy i want it NAO!!! :ohmy:

I really cant be arsed to grind some shitty low tier tanks (except for the T49 Twhateverìtscalled). I always freexp up to tier 7. Call me stupid, but i's rather have a rootcanal than play <tier6

Eokokok #47 Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18802 battles
Can't really see the point of M41 with that clip, since normal gun gives more flexibility and more consistant dmg. Also people telling how this is OP - consider the fact that most tier 8 tanks can 3-4 shot you way before you will be able to unload more then few times. Such a big clip with relatively high in-drum reload is far from being OP, and the tank itself is a rather big target compared to AMX or T71 or 131.

tajj7 #48 Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28379 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Personally I'd like the single shot gun in the T71.

3Form #49 Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 18245 battles

View Postdennez, on 30 September 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

But mommy i want it NAO!!! :ohmy:

I really cant be arsed to grind some shitty low tier tanks (except for the T49 Twhateverìtscalled). I always freexp up to tier 7. Call me stupid, but i's rather have a rootcanal than play <tier6

Stupid!!!! :P

Nah, play the tier 6 one. It's absolutely amazing and it's essentially a tier 7 with that matchmaking anyway. Better dpm and pen than a lot of tier 7 mediums.

View PostLittleCuteTenk, on 30 September 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Lets just wait and see the overall stats. Some people argued that rhm and those tanks had good WR because "all good players were gridning them" yet to find out they still stand out even today. How about T57 heavy also "all good players still grinding"?I am convinced many of the new LT tanks are a little bit OP and can do things not easily done with the old scuts.

I think they're a little bit OP when compared to the existing light tanks, but I think WG is trying to make LTs a bit more desirable. If this means buffing them up to compete with same tier mediums (remember the matchmaking though) then it might be a step in the right direction.

7LV #50 Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18241 battles

View Postindu, on 05 September 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

Tryd it and i think its a bad joke wargaming.

10clip magazine.  10x150=1500 dmg.

With full upgraded crew about 26 sec reload time.

Ofc it will be a beast.

But we all know wg plan. Lets make a beast tank. Many people gona spend lot of gold for that. Then comes the nerf !

Like you have done with many many tanks.

In the other and you are making corridor maps and maybe lets buff all light tanks or remove the +3 matchmaking system ?

I have 4 skill crew BIA etc & it's 30sec to reload the clip with vents.

I love cry babies.

azakow #51 Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:26 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 83161 battles

View PostEokokok, on 30 September 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Can't really see the point of M41 with that clip, since normal gun gives more flexibility and more consistant dmg. Also people telling how this is OP - consider the fact that most tier 8 tanks can 3-4 shot you way before you will be able to unload more then few times. Such a big clip with relatively high in-drum reload is far from being OP, and the tank itself is a rather big target compared to AMX or T71 or 131.

I'm used to 6x clips on AMX 1390, hence a 10x clip gives me all the felxibilty I need.

Sometimes I shoot 3-4x, get unspotted, again shoot 3-4x, get unspotted, ... . In best cases I empty a full clip from double bush positions, though rare.

The reload time is very pleasent.

The 10x clip makes it hard for my opponents to count shoots.

The mobility is great.

A large target?

Marginally taller than the Type64 and really no problem at all.

The footprint is about the size of the Type64 and also no problem at all.

Block Quote Eokokok

... the fact that most tier 8 tanks can 3-4 shot you way before you will be able to unload ...

Any half decent LT commander knows the 1st rule: Do not get hit!

Taking 3-4 shoots while unloading your clip at once is noob like behavior.

Using this to argue for none OPness is either lack of LTing knowledge, ignorance or trolling.

My prediction for the future nerf bat:

• clip size down
  • clip reload up
  • inclip reload up
  • aim time up
  • turret travers speed down
  • mobility down
  • moving up to LT8 not possible since the T49 is LT8 already

Enjoy, as long as WG is trolling us!

Remember this an LT7!

View Post3Form, on 30 September 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

I think they're a little bit OP when compared to the existing light tanks, but I think WG is trying to make LTs a bit more desirable. If this means buffing them up to compete with same tier mediums (remember the matchmaking though) then it might be a step in the right direction.

"OPness" = more desireable?

I guess so, in fact the requirements for successful LTing remain.

A step in what direction?

I'm asking, because in case it is WG's intention why not make it a full package and also address the existing LT with a "little" OPness to make them more desirable, i.e. 59-16, AMX 12t, AMX 1375, T21, ... .

What I currently see, is a pattern that has a long tradition.

A opposite sample of "balancing" is the Type62.

It was promoted as M24 Chaffee like LT, in reality it was borderline UP.

After 3x balancing iterations it now is a good prem vehicle.

IMO, such balancing aproach is much better in terms of over all balance (may not have been intended though).

The drawback is, that this does not attract many players.

Edited by azakow, 02 October 2014 - 07:29 AM.

7LV #52 Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18241 battles

View Postazakow, on 02 October 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

My prediction for the future nerf bat:

• clip size down
  • clip reload up
  • inclip reload up
  • aim time up
  • turret travers speed down
  • mobility down
  • moving up to LT8 not possible since the T49 is LT8 already

That is the Russian way, give then take, typical WG stupidity.

Say they been doing this for several years and still don't know how to balance a tank.... or is it attract the punters, take their money & then kill the tank.

RUSSIANS need to wake up and smell the American coffee (way of life).

Give them a "big & bad" tank, then make another even bigger & badder, no need to NERF & all punters still buy new tank !!

WG wake up.

Edited by noscream, 02 October 2014 - 03:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users