Update 9.3: New Features to Promote Fair Play

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles

POPULAR

The World of Tanks developers are working hard on new features to counter unfair play in-game.

Full news text

mujex #2 Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33910 battles

POPULAR

Verry nice addition, only took them four years....

Edited by mujex, 06 September 2014 - 10:43 AM.

ChEeSyBoOfS #3 Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30884 battles
  • [--4--] --4--
About blinking time too !!! More of these types of features in future updates please.

G01ngToxicCommand0 #4 Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles
How will the game differentiate between intentional and unintentional self destruction?

Theshadowdweller #5 Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3239 battles
will you monitor those considered to be bots or will people have to bring them in again to keep them from botting. I suggest looking around for websites that are botting websites for the game and if they show examples of what the botting does then you can monitor the activity of people to bring them to justice. or have you devised some other way.

Horcan #6 Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

The Great Hunter

• Player
  • 57452 battles

Very good decision WG, instead of developing a MM based on skill, better issue fines to those that disagree and prefer to stop wasting their time in a battle that is lost from the first minutes, its much easier. Now Wot is not only the only game that doesnt allow you to refuse playing the maps you dont like, it also force you to stay in after you start one of this games.

As for the bot part, its completely useless if its only warning. Their xp its still there after the ban expire .Most of them are probably not created for personal use, but rather for being sold or used as second accounts ( back-up tanks to be used if main account tanks are locked ) or chips in clan wars.

Edited by Horcan, 06 September 2014 - 11:03 AM.

CristianGabriel #7 Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16878 battles
And,finally we get this feature to counter the [edited] that just spam "Play" button just to troll other people. :great: WG

Edited by BigBadVuk, 08 September 2014 - 12:30 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. No sanctions. BigBadVuk

Theshadowdweller #8 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3239 battles

View Postatomskytten, on 06 September 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

How will the game differentiate between intentional and unintentional self destruction?

as they said in the article self distruction unintentionally will only receive the warning as intentional destruction is done on a regular basis. so say you are artillery and you destroy yourself along with an enemy tank in close quarters, yes this may happen again but not as often as suiciding which is done several time to the players who do it. it has become smaller lately but this should reduce the number to almost 0. 

Theshadowdweller #9 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3239 battles

View PostHorcan, on 06 September 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

Very good decision WG, instead of developing a MM based on skill, better issue fines to those that disagree and prefer to stop wasting their time in a battle that is lost from the first minutes, its much easier.

As for the bot part, its completely useless if its only warning. Their xp its still there after the ban expire .Most of them are probably not created for personal use, but for rather for being sold or used as second accounts ( back-up tanks to be used if main account tanks are locked ) or chips in clan wars.

they have banned their accounts for 2 weeks or more and lots of botting programmes don't activate till the game is launched so this may stop the circle for a while till people start noticing

FlaireF #10 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6474 battles

This is definitely a welcome addition. However, I feel the most pressing problem is the people who rage at their teammates ("idiots", "morons" and "noobs" being favourite terms). I play the game in order to enjoy myself and have fun. The haters are far more effective at ruining my gaming experience than occasionally losing a battle due to a bot. The current complaints system appears to be inadequate to keep these people from playing.

Would Wargaming please consider implementing effective measures to prevent people from poisoning the community in this manner, and driving new players away from the game?

Edit: I should apparently add that I take this game seriously, and do my utmost to play well (have a look at my stats if you like). "Just having fun" does not mean that it is acceptable to ruin the experience for everyone else. Most of the time, the hate is not directed at me, but it still upsets me. I am here to play a multiplayer cooperative game. I just wish to do so in a friendly environment. Disabling chat is not an option, as it prevents me from cooperating with other people.

Edit 2: Is there anyone here who does not play the game in order to have fun? Really?

Edited by FlaireF, 06 September 2014 - 12:55 PM.

DMminion #11 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18607 battles
  • [AXIOM] AXIOM
'It should be noted that cases of continued botting after the final warning and suspension will result in a permanent ban.' I thought they only resetted their account and they kept all their premium tanks, gold and premium days.

Edited by Darth333, 06 September 2014 - 11:12 AM.

ApocalypseSquad #12 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 26236 battles
Great move WG.  Thank you.

MortenTheWombat #13 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19036 battles
  • [GEN] GEN

"The team needs you! Leaving the battle before it ends or before your vehicle is destroyed is considered desertion and can result in a disciplinary penalty."

So, if I die in the first 5 min, and the game goes on for another 10 min, I get a penalty for going back to my garage and play with another tank? 

nghtstlkr #14 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 19027 battles

View PostFlaireF, on 06 September 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

This is definitely a welcome addition. However, I feel the most pressing problem is the people who rage at their teammates ("idiots", "morons" and "noobs" being favourite terms). I play the game in order to enjoy myself and have fun. The haters are far more effective at ruining my gaming experience than occasionally losing a battle due to a bot. The current complaints system appears to be inadequate to keep these people from playing.

Would Wargaming please consider implementing effective measures to prevent people from poisoning the community in this manner, and driving new players away from the game?

Awesome thinking , you should play tetris then or something in single play mode . This is , as stated on web site , TEAM BASED GAME , and you wonder why ppl insult you when you " play the game in order to enjoy myself and have fun " .

Bots are far more bigger problem then this minor problem that are beaing fixed in future, why you should not allow players to do " harakiri" if they like?? Or if you constantly get mm , and losing battles one by now , when you get on bottom of the list , and therefor you can do crap to influence on the outcome, why not just exit game?. It pisses out to depend on higher tier noobs , like one quoted above , who just play to have ( he )  fun. You will fix with this patch , almost nothing. Fix BOTS A.S.A.P.

Edited by nghtstlkr, 06 September 2014 - 11:27 AM.

Tipenok #15 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15575 battles

View PostFlaireF, on 06 September 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

You have an option to desactivate the ingame chat. This way you will enjoy "yourself" alone the game.

View Postnghtstlkr, on 06 September 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

Awesome thinking , you should play tetris then or something in single play mode . This is , as stated on web site , TEAM BASED GAME , and you wonder why ppl insult you when you " play the game in order to enjoy myself and have fun " .

Bots are far more bigger problem then this minor problem that are beaing fixed in future, why you should not allow players to do " harakiri" if they like?? Or if you constantly get mm , and losing battles one by now , when you get on bottom of the list , and therefor you can do crap to influence on the outcome, why not just exit game?. It pisses out to depend on higher tier noobs , like one quoted above , who just play to have ( he )  fun. You will fix with this patch , almost nothing. Fix BOTS A.S.A.P.

Agree, and its seppuku

Are you aware that during WW self destruct of a tank by their crew happens? Its historically accurate ! And when a tanker drowns himself, he will already pay for that in repairs cost plus crews won't earn any xp. Isn't that already self-punishment? Why add this? I see far less self-destruct than bot or afk.

Idea, add a consommable name "dynamite": after XX second, your tank self-destruct, no blast damage,  giving to your crews time to retreat and fair time for the bloodseeker.

Edited by Tipenok, 06 September 2014 - 11:43 AM.

LeiFeng #16 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16935 battles

I have to admit this summer was quite terrible! Many obvious bots!

Anyway, thank you WG for these new features! It wont possibly solve all the problems, but it is good thing!

GG WG!

TigerMoth #17 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39504 battles

POPULAR

Whilst I agree with this system, they also need to offer better incentives for not quitting the battle when most of your team have died in 2 minutes.

To coin an old adage, how about a few more carrots and less stick?

I don't think this will make people play any better or make them any more productive because they didn't quit or suicide.  What is the point of playing a lost game when you know your XP is going to be pitiful?  Yes, there is the sh*te 'Courageous Resistance', but the number of times you can actually achieve this really doesn't make the effort worth while.  Rather than punishing the symptoms of a flawed XP distribution system, they should be providing a 'carrot' for people to continue playing when the game seems lost.  I would like to see that top 3 tankers on the losing team receiving the same XP rewards as those on the winning team - without requiring any other criteria.  I see this as being more of an incentive for people to play well and not quit than the proposed punishment.  I know for me, this punishment is not going to change the way I play if my team all die in 2 minutes.

Negrep away...

Dufik #18 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 34361 battles

[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk, 08 September 2014 - 12:32 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. BigBadVuk

jagdcommander #19 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39170 battles

View PostFlaireF, on 06 September 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Turn off battle chat in your settings. Not a great solution as then you don't see any messages and still get the players who like to draw "Attention to E2" 45 times, but at least we don't see the childish stuff. Battle Messenger was the perfect solution, but I don't think it is supported any more.

Cravone #20 Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28628 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH
Not sure how this will actually stop anything. You get fined for what you did in that battle? If you sat afk or went to garage you didn't do anything anyway, you won't get fined. These penalties are far too light, players should be penalized for following games, and/or get 1 hour bans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users