What does it take to get Ace Tanker in the MS-1?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

PowJay #1 Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38579 battles

Hi.

I am on a mission to get Ace Tanker in my tier Is. I have always kept the T1 which, alongside the LTraktor, is probably the most kept tier I for experienced players, but the MS-1 is fairly popular too and I can see why.

But what I want to know is just exactly what the heck do you have to do to get Ace Tanker in this thing?

I have played it three times. Once as a newbie, once again as a project to get as many low tiers to a 50% WR and again for Ace Tanker. Well, it was 50% at 26 games and now I have played 57 games and I still only have 1st Class.

Earlier, I did 596 damage against mostly tier IIs. I had 2 tier I kills and two tier II kills and I received 576XP and it STILL was not enough.

Who's got Ace Tanker in this and what maximum XP do you have?

Disclaimer- I know that many disapprove of seal-clubbers, but believe me, I generally try and give the seals something to shoot at by scouting in my T1. On Province and Malinovka, I have a number of Scout and Patrol Duty medals from spotting for my team and giving them a win to feel good about. :honoring:

It's only a little project- something to aim for- other than enemy tanks, because I don't have any particularly close goals at the moment in my usual tank development.

Eila_Juutilainen #2 Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21383 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostPowJay, on 11 September 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

But what I want to know is just exactly what the heck do you have to do to get Ace Tanker in this thing?

Sacrifice some capitalists and offer their bloody hearts on the grave of Iosef Stalin.

PowJay #3 Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38579 battles

Not very helpful, but quite amusing. :sceptic:

Anyway, thanks for the bump up the forum, I was afraid that the thread might disappear without comment!!

cracktrackflak #4 Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15169 battles
  • [ARRSE] ARRSE

MS-1 is popular, thats why its hard to get ace tanker. Nearly everyone plays it, at least at first.

In my EU MS-1 I have 11 kills, 1882 XP, 1095 dmg.

My NA and RU MS-1s are a bit lower on 10  kills, etc. (My NA MS-1 has 105 games of which 101 are Tier2. So much for MM not being rigged!!!)

Its quite a high bar to get ace...

PowJay #5 Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38579 battles

That is pretty impressive.

I know that a lot of XP can come from spotting for damage and to be honest, I am finding it a great little scout in one respect- camo, but in another- view range, it is poor. I am able to get close without being spotted though, so I can get quite a lot.

I am also let down by speed, which means that on Province, where a quick run across the valley is essential, I can't make it, but if I sit and shoot, I am relying on newbie team-mates (and noobs) to scout or the game is lost, and I can't get Ace just shooting- not so easily.

Although the T1s and LTraktors are the most popular tier Is, I guess that the MS-1 is used by experienced players because it is such a good little tank. Obviously, those elite few who can Ace this thing are so good that I am having a very tough time.

I need a great game on Province or Malinovka. I am not enjoying it on Mines and I hate Himmelsdorf in almost any tank, although I do get some good tier I games in the T1.

I Aced the R Otsu with 978XP in only 4 games.

The LTraktor, I had a great game on Province and Aced it with 1176 just before getting it to 50% in 36 games.

The Renault FT is a God-awful tank and I Aced it with 21 games at 538 XP in a particularly good tier II game on Malinovka.

My best in the T1, despite having over 400 games, is only 1109, but I can Ace this quite frequently.

The NC-31, I have played only 8 games and have Aced it with a max XP of 937.

I haven't done the Medium MkI yet, I only have 2 games in this

But, after 64 games in the MS-1, I still only have 576XP as best ever. So, not only am I underperforming compared to other MS-1 tanks, I am also underperforming compared to my other tier Is. And yet I am enjoying it (to a degree) and it seems to be so lucky that I now have a 63% WR in it!!! :amazed:

I've had enough for one day (of the MS-1). Time to try and get some daily doubles.

lord_chipmonk #6 Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35729 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
I can't speak to the MS-1, but I kept my Loltraktor and my ace games in that tend to be around 700 base xp. 

cracktrackflak #7 Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15169 battles
  • [ARRSE] ARRSE

Obviously you can't use speed on an MS-1 to cover open ground, and its weak armour also means you can't risk meeting a T1 or anything else with a rapid fire gun. I generally use mine as a sniper early in the game (binos and cam net), then trundle up a flank to encourage the others.

On Provence, I always spend the first part of the game along the ridge in the village. If its T1 game i use the rocks as cover, if its T2, then you have to stay well back behind the buildings. In Malinkova I always go half-way to the hill, and camp in the middle zone until the game develops. This is about the only place where you have a chance of killing T1s with three shots before they machine-gun you to death. In Himmelsdorf, i usually cover the rail yard side, then push that flank.

In real tomato teams, its normally best to prepare for a last stand base defence instead! In Tier 2 its really tough to play - you just have to use cam and cover to try and out-spot and out-snipe the Tier 2s.

Dixxie_Normous #8 Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12014 battles
  • [_BEER] _BEER

I've just got Ace Tanker, having bought it a couple of hours ago to get the ace on it.  Played 7 games, and tried to do spotting damage when i could, but got thwarted mostly by either getting spotted myself or others out-spotting me.  7th game was the Ace by mostly sniping damage on mines.  I did 588 damage, 43 spotting damage, detected 1 tank, destroyed 7 tanks, which gave me 807 XP in an all tier 1 game.  Here's the replay:  http://wotreplays.com/site/1182307#mines-gunner_harris-ms-1

Looking at the other replays it seems you need to get at least about 680 XP to Ace it.

Edited by GUNNER_HARRIS, 20 September 2014 - 09:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users