Ask Me Almost Anything - September 2014

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
It’s time for another Q&A with the Community team in this edition of Ask Me Almost Anything, this time focusing on Update 9.3.

Full news text

arthurwellsley #2 Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50989 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Why haven't you already removed arty from the game?

Kevbar #3 Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18007 battles

This one is to Ectar.  

Having worked with many of your ilk from the colder side of Hadrians Wall and as you yourself are a proud Scotsman, what with all the shenannigans going on with next week's Referendum, can you say "Purple Burglar Alarm"?

:blinky:

Edit:-

I did try to focus on 9.3 but the occasional one does seem to fly outside of the reticle! 

Edited by Kevbar, 12 September 2014 - 10:25 AM.

basin79 #4 Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
This question is for anyone who can give me an answer that actually makes sense, unlike the bots at the ticket centre.

Come 0.9.3 well see new light tanks introduced, including 3 new American ones. The trusty Chaffee is being surpassed and so is becoming far cheaper to research. Why are the ones who invested a lot of time to get to the Chaffee not getting the xp back?

Laatikkomafia #5 Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P

From official WoT site:

"but you’re still free to ask about other stuff, of course!"

Why to eat carrots if you can drink beer?

KingSaxon #6 Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 62264 battles
  • [SHOKU] SHOKU

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 September 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

Why haven't you already removed arty from the game?

chinese and japanese artys also will come :trollface:

krazypenguin #7 Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postbasin79, on 12 September 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

This question is for anyone who can give me an answer that actually makes sense, unlike the bots at the ticket centre.

Come 0.9.3 well see new light tanks introduced, including 3 new American ones. The trusty Chaffee is being surpassed and so is becoming far cheaper to research. Why are the ones who invested a lot of time to get to the Chaffee not getting the xp back?

Think you have it bad?  Your lost Chaffee experience is as nothing compared to the addition of the hated radio operator we got when WG took away our beloved T-50-2 and gave us the MT-25.  That sorry dude drags the average value of our crew skills (Camo, repairs, BIA) down into the gutter.

Even now, hundreds of games later (ok mayber not quite hundreds, but a lot) my former T-50-2 crew still treat the new guy like a pariah and make him sit in the corner on his own.  And deservedly so.

On topic, question to the community team:  The 9.3 general patch notes state:  "Added bonus to Combat Experience which rewards vehicle non-penetration/ricochet, applicable only when an enemy shell hits the vehicle’s hull (original trajectory of the shell must cross the hull), but does not reduce its HP."

If players are now to be rewarded for hitting targets, even if they fail to penetrate them, will part of that added bonus go to a tank spotting their target?  Does this open the way to players getting rewarded for receiving hits that don't penetrate (and how do ricochets, bounces, etc, factor in?)  Will this mechanic be open to abuse? (e.g. late night games where large groups of players user joint counts to get into the same game, then go into a corner and abuse the mechanic, for example taking a T2 Light into a game with an M3 Lee and spamming a full ammo load out into him with no chance of penetrating?  Or..is the bonus just not that big anyway? :-p

McNussBomber #8 Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 53586 battles
  • [R4INC] R4INC

Here is a million dollar q:

Why we cannot have AMA on official forum, instead of being forced to search for answers on third party web site?

malw4re #9 Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12612 battles
why is it called "Ask me almost anything" rather than "Ask me anything"?

jagdcommander #10 Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39133 battles

View Postedger2020, on 12 September 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Why we cannot have AMA on official forum, instead of being forced to search for answers on third party web site?

I thought this is the official forum???

McNussBomber #11 Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 53586 battles
  • [R4INC] R4INC

View Postjagdcommander, on 13 September 2014 - 12:01 AM, said:

I thought this is the official forum???

It is.

That is why I ask, why do we have to go to some other site to ask for info about game.

Salsify #12 Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9480 battles

Why do I have to register with a 3rd party website to participate? You'd think that with the expertise and finances WG has they'd be able to put something together.

I followed the link and saw the top entry of "Give me the [edited] pancakes". Using that sort of language on here would result in a ban so I'm somewhat surprised and disappointed that WG are promoting reddit as a suitable venue for what is supposed to be a child friendly game.

Edited by Neilloss46, 14 September 2014 - 03:55 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

warmagnet123 #13 Posted 13 September 2014 - 03:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5671 battles

What's the point in asking you lot anything?

No matter what we ask you'll lie to us as usual unless its about something you're working on

ok ill ask you this ?

after looking at the matchmaker for 9.3 ,why do you think the putting low tier tanks ie: tier 3s in tier 5 games how do's that make it fair .Fair on who the only ones who benefit are the high tiers tanks because low tiers can't do crap all to stop em no armour,no gun good enough to kill or pen so really they are just cannon fodder which in turn un balances the team if 3 or more are low tier on one side the advantages in vehicles changes to the opposing side and the game becomes unfair .

So how do's that become a fair game?

Also why is it when you get a good kill % on a vehicle say defeats 49% and wins 53 % do's that lousy MM always puts you in no chance in hell of winning games until the rates are below 50% every [edited] time I get a good win rate on a tank it plummets like a stone through bad teams or low tier high tier games that's WGs fair MM

Question2 :

Why is it no matter what time I get online no matter what tank its always a loss  bit like the loyalty WG are losing through ignorance , and lack of communication with their CUSTOMERS not just players

Edited by noobmagnet123, 18 September 2014 - 08:01 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

Skyzonix #14 Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22995 battles
  • [DFSQ] DFSQ

When are you going to get off your lazy backside and actually look through the British lines and see what people are talking about?????????

You have killed the British Heavy line and the British AT lines's armour after Tier 5 isn't even worth mentioning any more

BIG WOW 9.3 IS COMING AND BRINGING A WHOLE NEW BAG OF RUBBISH

Get back to me when you fix the British Heavy and Tank Destroyer line 

Edited by Skyzonix, 13 September 2014 - 05:57 AM.

Kevbar #15 Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18007 battles

Why are so many people in this forum (not just this thread btw) incapable of communicating with any civility whatsoever. It seems to me that to get their point across they have to resort to a bullish and rude manner which only achieves negative results.

If someone was to start a conversation with me by saying things like 'When are you going to get off your lazy backside and....' or 'What's the point in asking you lot anything?' I would have absolutely no intention of of wasting a single second of my time answering whatever it was they were ranting about.

Maybe its just me, maybe its an age thing, maybe I was just brought up with a sense of decency. Maybe the community team can answer me that or are you all too lazy sitting on your backsides? Oh, what's the point in asking you lot anything? :blinky:

McNussBomber #16 Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 53586 battles
  • [R4INC] R4INC

View PostKevbar, on 13 September 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Why are so many people in this forum (not just this thread btw) incapable of communicating with any civility whatsoever. It seems to me that to get their point across they have to resort to a bullish and rude manner which only achieves negative results.

Maybe because they seen how WG ignores us who ask politely.

View PostKevbar, on 13 September 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

If someone was to start a conversation with me by saying things like 'When are you going to get off your lazy backside and....' or 'What's the point in asking you lot anything?' I would have absolutely no intention of of wasting a single second of my time answering whatever it was they were ranting about.

But you are not payed to answer questions. 

Kevbar #17 Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18007 battles

View Postedger2020, on 13 September 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Firstly, I did say 'not just this thread btw'

Secondly, just because someone is paid to do a job, that does not give anyone else the right to be a complete tw*t to them.

McNussBomber #18 Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 53586 battles
  • [R4INC] R4INC

View PostKevbar, on 13 September 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

Secondly, just because someone is paid to do a job, that does not give anyone else the right to be a complete tw*t to them.

No it does not, but they still have to answer.

Murphy1up #19 Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postedger2020, on 12 September 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

We do have a Dev Q&A but sadly it's only available on our Russian forums as the game was launched in Russia first, by Russian speaking developers and our largest and main community is Russian (It's at least 4 times larger than our EU community). Like it or not and we can go round in circles all day about this, what players ask for already exists, sadly it's just not available in English.

View Postedger2020, on 13 September 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

View Postedger2020, on 13 September 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

No it does not, but they still have to answer.

Please don't ever get into the frame of mind that we have to answer every single question you feel deserves an answers. Making demands never ends well.  We're here to help players and do so to the best of our abilities with the information we have available to us.  I can assure you that if you're going to be rude and hostile when asking a question. You're 100% not going to get an answer. 

We hold the AMAA on reddit because this is a popular system/format that many gaming companies use to reach out to their fans. If you don't wish to use reddit, that's your choice. Please understand however that a Dev Q&A like we have on the RU forums is not something there is any plans to add to the EU forums and making demands (polite or otherwise) won't change that.

NextToYou #20 Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40097 battles
  • [EFE] EFE
Ectar could you check my PM to you, sent few days ago, thanks.

Edited by NextToYou, 15 September 2014 - 11:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users