Please give me ONE damn good reason as to why not sell the T-62A!

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

IH8MEDS #41 Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 87 battles

if it's 3 autoloaders I turn around and run. Easy as that.

Sorry, just seen that you wrote this...

Lol, run WHERE? Behind arty?!

GTRaPToR #42 Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22944 battles
To the other flank obviously. You're a med.

Hummus #43 Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19076 battles
  • [DIIIK] DIIIK

View PostIH8MEDS, on 14 September 2014 - 10:33 PM, said:

Sorry, just seen that you wrote this...

Lol, run WHERE? Behind arty?!

That ridge has serveral bushes. There was a friendly 183 who has just blown away the enemy 183 .... in 20 secs he would have been reloaded, and would LOVE to solve one of your "I am an autoloader, so I have to stand still to shoot" problems...

You DO have a minimap right ?

IH8MEDS #44 Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 87 battles

To the other flank obviously. You're a med.

Where there already was a Leo 1 making his way through the 1 line, with support from the autoloaders from the hill. OK.

"I am an autoloader, so I have to stand still to shoot"

Lol? Most autoloaders don't stop to shoot, not AMXs, not Batchats.

tajj7 #45 Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28211 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I have FV and no way is it better than T-62A.

T-62A is faster, has more DPM, better turret, better camo, better gun handling on the move, is more agile, has a high pen premium round. 

FV has gun depression, power to weight , accuracy and a more bouncy hull.

Clearly the T-62A is better.  

GTRaPToR #46 Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22944 battles
It's not really our problem that you have no situational awareness. You're a med, you need to move and make plays. Not go to a spot where you will probably die anyway for no reason.

Eokokok #47 Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18747 battles
And here I thought that Fedaykin was actually serious in his rants. Silly me, random whine is strong in this one:teethhappy:

pewster #48 Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44771 battles
  • [STN] STN

I just watched the Red Shire replay, but you can't really blame getting killed there on the T62A. In that position, you would have been raped in any med. Your team was in a position where they couldn't support you, plus the west flank at line 1 was wide open, you were gonna get shots from there at some point anyway. With the team so far back, the only thing you can do is pull back to their line of defense, or possibly to the corner of the map way back to hold that west line (line 1), it's important to cover that line 1. Regardless of the 3 auto loaders ahead of you, you were over extended, you were gonna get raped there sooner or later. As soon as you were alone you should have run. Getting there briefly was useful, just to see what's there, but after that you can just back up.

You're a very good player, you already know all of this, so I'm not sure why you are even blaming the tank. Also your win rate isn't terrible in it, so I don't see much reason to complain.

Edited by pewster, 15 September 2014 - 12:55 AM.

_xXx_Matej_xXx_ #49 Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16132 battles

You probably had a couple of bad games so you were raging and you created this topic.

The tank is good... :smiles:

conductiv #50 Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:01 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 34565 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

-the tank has solid camo for a med, but camo is difficult enough to use (if your not playing back corner TD style). 

-its got a good turret, but poor gundepression, gold ammo saturation and the magnetic copula's seem to somewhat mitigate its toughness as it allows ample options to bypass its armor. 

-its speed is a nice 50, faster then a FV. but slower then the most common rival bat-chatellion 25t so when trying to get to key spots, the batchat is generally going to win the race getting there. and while the FV is slower, the FV can climb hills and slopes like a mountain goat so in excessive bumpy or hilly terrain, the FV is fast enough to keep up.

-rate of fire is solid, but keep in mind most fights are peek-a-booms as its not fast enough to catch a enemy twice while exposed, unless you track the enemy/blow the enemy engine and the enemy can't or does not use its repair kit.

face hugging autoloaders that yolo you has a decent enough chance to cause a number of bounces on the turret armor, and unless more enemies are nearby its also hard for all but the fastest autoloaders to get away after emptying their clip. this is a last ditch tactic, and should not be employed as a standard method to deal with autoloaders

while the gundepression is poor, debris, shot up buildings and russian tank wrecks make for okay hull down spots. a lot of hills are unsuitable.

Fullgatsu #51 Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14420 battles

View PostIH8MEDS, on 14 September 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

l.e.: Lol, just had another complete ZERO damage game because I lost 99% of my HP after the first 30 seconds:

http://wotreplays.co...edaykin89-t-62a

Which tank would work with the position you took here? How is the T-62A a bad tank because you got outplayed? As usual you fail to demonstrate a fault with the tank and only show your bad positioning.

IH8MEDS #52 Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:21 AM

Major

• Player
  • 87 battles

Oh, btw, this was one of my first few games in the thing, it actually gave me hope that I'll love it to bits:

But then I realized: just how many times do you get a game in which the enemies literally sit out in the open for you to let you tear them a new one with the DPM?

Not to mention the xp reward for that direct & spotting dmg is pathetic at best

Also, note that I didn't do nothing much, since I let the T-54 go for the water rush, I considered my gun to be more important than his (I know, selfish, but it worked)

Userext #53 Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

T-62A is one of the best medium tanks

with all of your systems buffed up(no crew skills included

your DPM is 3.8k so if you cant make that DPM work then you are the problem

T-62A gets 4.7 reload time if you can buff it all the way up

basicly you will fire 14 shots in a min which makes it around 4.5k damage

i seen a lot of good T-62A players one of them made 6k damage and top gun

you know what is bad about this tank? you get 50 rounds on it

i mean 50 rounds? thats too low 

oh btw T-62A has same gun depression with T-54

IH8MEDS #54 Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 87 battles

- oh look, most Tier 10 MTs don't give a damn about my DPM because they can use their much better turrets & gun depression to pop up over a ridge and plant a 390 average damage shell before I can even aim at them (even though it would be no use, since i will just bounce off their way-better turrets)

- oh look, DPM doesn't mean anything when a Jaegeru or Death Star nukes you from half way across the map because you tried to actually spot something

- oh look, DPM doesn't mean anything when you're facing autoloaders, because they WILL bumrush you and kill you

- oh look, crazy stupid DPM & "stronk turret" don't mean anything when arty usually one-hits you.

Seriously, why the hell are you people obsessed about "stronk turret armor" when you can't use it in 90% of the situations anyway?!

beermonsta #55 Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 93 battles
If you moan this much about a game you like id hate to see your posts about something you don't like

tajj7 #56 Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28211 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostIH8MEDS, on 15 September 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

- oh look, most Tier 10 MTs don't give a damn about my DPM because they can use their much better turrets & gun depression to pop up over a ridge and plant a 390 average damage shell before I can even aim at them (even though it would be no use, since i will just bounce off their way-better turrets)

- oh look, DPM doesn't mean anything when a Jaegeru or Death Star nukes you from half way across the map because you tried to actually spot something

- oh look, DPM doesn't mean anything when you're facing autoloaders, because they WILL bumrush you and kill you

- oh look, crazy stupid DPM & "stronk turret" don't mean anything when arty usually one-hits you.

Seriously, why the hell are you people obsessed about "stronk turret armor" when you can't use it in 90% of the situations anyway?!

The only tier 10 medium that has a decent turret + very good gun depression is the STB and I hardly see any of those, the other that have decent gun depression (FV, Leopard and Patton) you can easily pen their turrets, well the Patton might bounce but unlikely. 

Deathstars are annoying but they are a bit like arty, they don't fire that often and you just have to play cautiously when you know there is one of those things or a waffle or a Jag E-100 hanging about at the back somewhere. To be fair most deathstars roll around with the heavies as they aren't really sniper tanks. 

As for autloaders it's annoying but try to stick with team mates, against bat chats, worst case facehug them and ram them, I've beaten a few Bat Chats in the FV this way, mainly because they panic and bounce a few shots. In the T-62A you are more likely to bounce some shots with your turret. Won't work everytime.

All these things you list are just the same for other tier 10 mediums, hell they are probably more of a threat, the FV, Patton and Leopard have weaker sides so more at risk to arty splash, more likely to get penned by deathstars, very medium is at risk if an autoloader rushes them, every medium is at risk from deathstars and waffles. 

Userext #57 Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

View PostIH8MEDS, on 15 September 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

better alpha damage means bad aim time and bad reload time

T-62A has one of the best aiming time and dispersion with equipments and skills you will not miss your shots

and your reload can beat some tanks' repair time

detrack them and keep them there(of course if you are damaging them)

edit: dude you cant play wit T-62A thats the problem here not everyone can play with same tank i cant play with americans so i dont have any american tanks in my garage

Edited by Userext, 15 September 2014 - 11:07 AM.

IH8MEDS #58 Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 87 battles

OK, how about this for instance?

Did I fail my team or was it the other way around?

As I said, I never felt I can carry in this thing

Userext #59 Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16259 battles

View PostIH8MEDS, on 15 September 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

OK, how about this for instance?

Did I fail my team or was it the other way around?

As I said, I never felt I can carry in this thing

View PostLittleCuteTenk, on 15 September 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

Arnt russian tier 10 mediums, or any tier 10 mediums specialized tanks that needs good skills and crews skills to be used effective? Arnt there people who average 3-4k dmg solo on russian mediums? How on earth can they be bad then? :S.

why dont you both stop using fake accounts on forums eh?

freaking trolls -.-

IH8MEDS #60 Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 87 battles

Well why don't you stop being completely off-topic eh?

freaking trolls...

P.S.: Please define "fake account". For the lulz.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users