Jump to content


Mods doing their jobs


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

wongman66 #1 Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12316 battles
  • 550
  • Member since:
    01-10-2013

All this sudden attention to tidy up the forum. Looks like the WG EU mods have been given a kick in their rear end to do their jobs properly. 

 

Expect this to get locked and binned.

 

Ironically, the mods think they are sorting but just going to cause more work for themselves as we start whining and creating threads like this.



Kdingo #2 Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 31984 battles
  • 7,372
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postwongman66, on 15 September 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

All this sudden attention to tidy up the forum. Looks like the WG EU mods have been given a kick in their rear end to do their jobs properly. 

Or maybe just maybe the mods have a real life and have to take care of other things aswel.

 

Expect this to get locked and binned.

I wonder why...

 

Ironically, the mods think they are sorting but just going to cause more work for themselves as we start whining and creating threads like this.

Well the usual reaction you can expect from a 6 years old when he gets denied his lollipop he will cry. But you still wont give him a lollipop no matter how loud he crys.. once hes grown up he will understand why.

 



BattleMetalChris #3 Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:58 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9222 battles
  • 7,685
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011
Paris has just taken delivery of a box box of fist-sized red buttons with 'Lock' written on them.

Dominico #4 Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:25 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6729 battles
  • 771
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011

Dont mods do it for free?

 

I always thought its a strange think to want to do in life. Bit like a traffic warden of the internet :p

 

But someone has to do it. Give them a break.



Bortasqu #5 Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 1082 battles
  • 343
  • Member since:
    11-06-2010

View PostDominico, on 15 September 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

Dont mods do it for free?

 

I always thought its a strange think to want to do in life. Bit like a traffic warden of the internet :p

 

But someone has to do it. Give them a break.

 

"Doing something right" doesn't exist in WG vocabulary.

Slyspy #6 Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14194 battles
  • 16,611
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
The idea of anyone in Paris working on a Sunday boggles the mind!

BattleMetalChris #7 Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:47 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9222 battles
  • 7,685
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011
I imagine a single huge tree (like the one in 'Avatar') with the entire working population of the city sat under it smoking Gitanes.

Path64 #8 Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 26834 battles
  • 2,235
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-05-2011

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 15 September 2014 - 12:47 AM, said:

I imagine a single huge tree (like the one in 'Avatar') with the entire working population of the city sat under it smoking Gitanes.

 

Gaulouis you cretin!

ABCWarrrior #9 Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:55 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8272 battles
  • 1,989
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-16-2013

The rate this going there will be no posts left.

 

Here's a picture of RogDodge I found on the internet

 



Harland #10 Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16648 battles
  • 450
  • Member since:
    07-26-2012
q5 hpih5z039ühzt+q048thza´gz

BrettM #11 Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:20 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4560 battles
  • 505
  • Member since:
    10-23-2012

View PostSlyspy, on 15 September 2014 - 01:40 AM, said:

The idea of anyone in Paris working on a Sunday boggles the mind!

 

In before the lock!!!

 

i.e Before 10:00am on Monday, when the French working week starts.



jabster #12 Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:17 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • 23,089
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostPath64, on 15 September 2014 - 12:52 AM, said:

 

Gaulouis you cretin!

 



wongman66 #13 Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12316 battles
  • 550
  • Member since:
    01-10-2013

Well at tleast this thread lasted longer than one baout the same subject a couple of days ago.

 

This is a "whine" the other one was a request to move a thread back so more people could see it as it was promoting "thier" TOG special..

 

Ipaul & IScending had a much better "feel" of what to move or keep and were prepared some of the time to explain their actions rather than these random & inconsistent application of the rules depending on thier mood or time of the month and screw us forumites with what they have arbitarily decided.

 

I am all for following rules but at lteast apply them consistently else you end up setting precedents and screwing the whole system up.



jabster #14 Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • 23,089
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View Postwongman66, on 15 September 2014 - 08:41 AM, said:

Well at tleast this thread lasted longer than one baout the same subject a couple of days ago.

 

This is a "whine" the other one was a request to move a thread back so more people could see it as it was promoting "thier" TOG special..

 

Ipaul & IScending had a much better "feel" of what to move or keep and were prepared some of the time to explain their actions rather than these random & inconsistent application of the rules depending on thier mood or time of the month and screw us forumites with what they have arbitarily decided.

 

I am all for following rules but at lteast apply them consistently else you end up setting precedents and screwing the whole system up.

 

Still not as funny as making the "Which forum members have you seen in random battles?" thread a sticky and then moving it to Off Topic.

 

Bring back the Community Managers I say as they did a far better job of making the forums interesting (for want of a better word) than the current mod situation. No disrespect to them, as such, but there's a big difference between trying to create a community and just following the rules.


If the forum rules are applied strictly they aren't going to be any more than a handful of threads left. Heh, maybe that's the idea - make the forums unusable and then close then down as nobody uses them!


Edited by jabster, 15 September 2014 - 08:51 AM.


Dr_ownape #15 Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 42592 battles
  • 5,418
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

Yeah a certain Mod has just about ruined this "general Discussion" in one evening. How can a post about "unsportmanlike conduct" be "off-Topic"?

 

Seriously what is happening here?

 

As Jabster said, this is a forum for US, not them. Let the Com managers discuss what should be here and not some autocrat with a big red button.



unfluffydave #16 Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2224 battles
  • 272
  • Member since:
    01-18-2014

View PostABCWarrrior, on 15 September 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

The rate this going there will be no posts left.

 

Here's a picture of RogDodge I found on the internet

 

 

 

I would say that reflects more on the quality of the threads than anything else. If you look at the locked posts, most are locked because they were a repeat of a currently open post so were linked to that post and locked or trolling or whining posts that were locked.

 

Moderation working as it should be.



jabster #17 Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • 23,089
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View Postbrownape, on 15 September 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

Yeah a certain Mod has just about ruined this "general Discussion" in one evening. How can a post about "unsportmanlike conduct" be "off-Topic"?

 

Seriously what is happening here?

 

As Jabster said, this is a forum for US, not them. Let the Com managers discuss what should be here and not some autocrat with a big red button.

 

That's the ironic part to it. WG pretty much ignores all posts to the forum but rules are rules and if you're going to ignore them it's highly important to ignore them in the right sub-forum!

Edited by jabster, 15 September 2014 - 09:23 AM.


bean57 #18 Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18721 battles
  • 2,951
  • Member since:
    12-19-2012

View Postunfluffydave, on 15 September 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

 

I would say that reflects more on the quality of the threads than anything else. If you look at the locked posts, most are locked because they were a repeat of a currently open post so were linked to that post and locked or trolling or whining posts that were locked.

 

Moderation working as it should be.

 

Absolutely.  Most of the threads in this part of the forum are tedious repetitive whine and rage, neg-rep farming, or boring unimaginative wind-up trolling threads started (for a larf) by the terminally juvenile.  On any given day 50% of the content here could be safely binned and no one would miss it

Naboo #19 Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22222 battles
  • 1,138
  • Member since:
    03-28-2011

View PostPath64, on 15 September 2014 - 01:52 AM, said:

 

Gaulouis you cretin!

 

Gitanes is more of a working mans cigarette and the other one is called Gauloises you cretin ! :tongue:

cellaman7 #20 Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34056 battles
  • 4,546
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

Hey... It's the new Dingers meeting room!

 

In before....






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users