• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Dr_Zap #41 Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59535 battles
  • [HE-JA] HE-JA

View PostTacPenguin, on 27 September 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

Ok I'm getting used to it. It's not bad at all.

I'm useing the auto loader. Less pen but nice to dump damage into an enemy faster then leg it to reload.

12 battles at 58% win. So just above my average but sample size is very small.

Also useing 100  octane fuel to pep it up. I lost the fire ext.

Modules are binocs, net, vents

Crew 100%. First skill 6 sense, camo, 2 nd skill mentor and repairs at 87%

tacp

I switched fire ext in exchange for cola, to buff up my 4 skill crew. Burned down twice in three games after that switch and switched back immediatly. Didnt work for me I guess, now running it with normal consumables and that seems to work, but not as good as my chaffee did before 9.3:sad:

smoothpop1 #42 Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25262 battles
  • [KKO] KKO

t37 is no chaffee but its not the worst replacement. im having a lot of fun in this tank. sure its not as satisfying as the old chaffe but it has the same carry potential as the old chaffee. and that gun omfg the gun is amazing!

i would say its a keeper but it will get slapped with the nerf bat for sure on next patch. i just completed the daily mission in 10 matches (8 wins) its fecking awesome!

BoutTime #43 Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26088 battles

Well after a whirlwind romance the honeymoon period is perhaps over. Now on approx 45% win rate from the early 65%.

Just difficult to play some battles. Not really manoeuvrable enough to be an active scout.  Poor turning circle and mediocre acceleration. Received abuse from a troll in an SU-85 for passive scouting in a bush. When its good its good. But when its bad its bloody humiliating.

Performs very well in the desert in my opinion. For me anyway.

VeryRisky #44 Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:31 AM

General

• Player
  • 18537 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

So get both top guns and keep the autoloader for stronkhold?

I only have a few games so far and not really getting the feel for it yet.   What equipment are you using?   Classic scout vents/bins/camo?  I'm training the crew as fast as I can on the premium lights.  The commander is 62% on 1st skill as I have been making sure he gets accel training by using the chaffee sport crew in the other positions in the premiums.

BoutTime #45 Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26088 battles

Yeah same as that. But only put vents in yesterday and took rammer out if I remember correctly? Its strange. I had a great day in it yesterday. At least by my own mediocre standards. In three consecutive games I totalled approx 17000 WN8. But these are obviously not the norm for me. I'm pretty average.

But in some games you're the only LT so everyone expects you to be the Active Scout lighting everyone up. It just doesn't feel like the right tank for that. I guess its called taking one for the team.

TacPenguin #46 Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46036 battles

Sold it!

This little  tank is a triumph for WG balance team. It is perfectly average at everything. A grey vehicle that performed adequately in all all things and excelled in non.

50 battles and 54% win which about my average. Once the bulldog was researched I could not think of a reason to keep it. 

It looked like the old Chaffee but patently it was not.

TacP

Psycho_Baby_ #47 Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61260 battles
  • [AHAZ] AHAZ

I don't mind the less agility compared to the old Chaffee, the T37 doesn't drift as much at least. With the old M24, I felt like I was driving on ice sometimes.

With 100/105 octane gasoline and offroad master skill on driver, the acceleration is good enough. For me, it's a keeper for t6 skirmishes/CW campaign events. Unlike the Cromwell, this one is accurate on the move.

Edited by Kwagga, 07 October 2014 - 03:01 PM.

m00h #48 Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91352 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostTacPenguin, on 07 October 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Sold it!

This little  tank is a triumph for WG balance team. It is perfectly average at everything.

Really? Average you say? I must do something wrong then...

Easily and by far the best T6 light.

spoonlamp #49 Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9479 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP
I came looking for advice about both these tanks as I'm about to run out of room in my barracks once the TOG crew turn up. I was going to ask what the consensus is. I never played the old chaffee and the new seems good. I've unlocked the T37 but not bought it yet. Should I sell the Chaffee and use the crew? Or keep Chaffee crew and gold the T37 crew? Looking further down line I'm guessing you're going to say sell the T37 for the Bulldog?

tumppi776 #50 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48295 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

View Postm00h, on 07 October 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

You would do great in any tank propably (EDIT: checked stats - you do). Being the best of T6 light group is not saying that much really (competetion sucks really bad). For an average player meeting T9's is the showstopper. The gun on the T37 is awesome, HP pool nice too. Profile, acceleration and mobiliby is 'meh' and this is what typically kills it.

M24 Chaffee on the other hand - thats a great allrounder. Havent found a flaw in it yet.

View Postspoonlamp, on 20 October 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

Looking further down line I'm guessing you're going to say sell the T37 for the Bulldog?

Keep M24 - sell T37 and go for and keep M41 WBD.

Edited by tumppi776, 21 October 2014 - 07:47 AM.

NiemandXL #51 Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:05 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37955 battles

Of all the new American light the T37 has the highest potential to carry games. It's also really really good for T6 stronghold skirmishes.

Spoiler

The Bulldog is imho let down by the fact that it's premium ammo is completely useless leaving him with only 175mm pen, and that he meets T9/10 meds in almost every battle. And the new Chaffee has an anemic gun that bounces all over the place even with premium ammo. Where the Bulldog is quiet good is T8 strongholds, because there he does not have to fight T9/10 meds and his pen is sufficient giving him the chance to make use of his DPM.

TacPenguin #52 Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46036 battles

View Postm00h, on 07 October 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

Yup perfectly balanced niether good nor bad so i think average.

I was a 55% win player and 54% with this

You

are a 65% win player and 66% with this

If you were 70% win in it it would be good

if you were 60% win it would be bad.

So this tank is so well balanced a player performs at his or her average give or take a little.

So average yes indeed.

I do thing its the best T6 light tank very much so.

TacP

Edited by TacPenguin, 21 October 2014 - 08:41 AM.

spoonlamp #53 Posted 21 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9479 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

View Posttumppi776, on 21 October 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

You would do great in any tank propably (EDIT: checked stats - you do). Being the best of T6 light group is not saying that much really (competetion sucks really bad). For an average player meeting T9's is the showstopper. The gun on the T37 is awesome, HP pool nice too. Profile, acceleration and mobiliby is 'meh' and this is what typically kills it.

M24 Chaffee on the other hand - thats a great allrounder. Havent found a flaw in it yet.

Keep M24 - sell T37 and go for and keep M41 WBD.

I enjoy the Chaffee as it is, so I'll keep that. Can I afford to gold the T37 crew and then on top of that pay to swap them into the M41...??

I may need bigger barracks.

And yet another tank slot.

:(

m00h #54 Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91352 battles
  • [322] 322

Looking for win rate only is so one dimensional. It's about the other values.

I can't do ~1800 average dmg in any other T6 light (dropped a bit for bad playing),

it is just totally out of the line. The package as a whole is so much better than

anything you will find on this tier. Only T6 tank on the same level was prenerf

hellcat in hands of a very good player. Absolutely outstanding tank.

TacPenguin #55 Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46036 battles

View Postm00h, on 22 October 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

Looking for win rate only is so one dimensional. It's about the other values.

I can't do ~1800 average dmg in any other T6 light (dropped a bit for bad playing),

it is just totally out of the line. The package as a whole is so much better than

anything you will find on this tier. Only T6 tank on the same level was prenerf

hellcat in hands of a very good player. Absolutely outstanding tank.

I see your point.

For me the win rate % of a player in a certain tank compared to a players winrate % overall is the true measure of how good a tank is. 

Everything else such a DPB , kills, spots / battle are just parts of the whole and feed in to how a effective tank is.  I think for light tanks the more skilled player such as you do better as you understand how to use a map to exploit a light tanks  attributes for your and your teams benifit.  Im a not a good light player as i make to many errors in positioning or leave myself exposed a take an ill advised shoot and get clobbered for it.

TTFN

Tac

PS

How do you pronounce  mOOh??

Moo  aahhh?

Moo as in a cow?

Moa like the extinct Bird??

Edited by TacPenguin, 22 October 2014 - 07:16 PM.

IH8MEDS #56 Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:33 AM

Major

• Player
  • 87 battles

As I'm close to gathering the 12.3k Free XP to unlock the *new* Chaffee, can anyone give me some advice on the equipment to put on this thing?

I was thinking Rammer - Optics - Binos (since 370m base view range isn't exactly cutting it for Optics alone), but then I checked the wiki and saw it can also mount a V. Stab.

Would the V. Stab. make such a huge difference to bypass either the Optics or Binos?

distrofijus #57 Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30826 battles

View PostIH8MEDS, on 27 October 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

As I'm close to gathering the 12.3k Free XP to unlock the *new* Chaffee, can anyone give me some advice on the equipment to put on this thing?

I was thinking Rammer - Optics - Binos (since 370m base view range isn't exactly cutting it for Optics alone), but then I checked the wiki and saw it can also mount a V. Stab.

Would the V. Stab. make such a huge difference to bypass either the Optics or Binos?

The main requirement usually is best possible crew. So what kind of crew you'll be putting into tank (100% chaffee race crew)?

Some people run vstab instead of rammer and are pleased with results.

The test server is up, please waste a couple hours of your time installing test client and do some test runs with chaffee to get setup you'll like most for yourself. Since you are only using free gold, eq remounts are too expensive for you to try out different setups, test server is very well suited for that.

IH8MEDS #58 Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:26 AM

Major

• Player
  • 87 battles

So what kind of crew you'll be putting into tank (100% chaffee race crew)?

Well I CBA to actually play the Chaffee Sport enough to bring to to 100% first skill, but they're close (80-90% or something), will drop their skills for full Camo though, of course (used Mentor, Snapshot, Smooth Ride etc for the event)

Also, I don't really have those few hours at disposal for the TS, so...

distrofijus #59 Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30826 battles

View PostIH8MEDS, on 27 October 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

So what kind of crew you'll be putting into tank (100% chaffee race crew)?

Well I CBA to actually play the Chaffee Sport enough to bring to to 100% first skill, but they're close (80-90% or something), will drop their skills for full Camo though, of course (used Mentor, Snapshot, Smooth Ride etc for the event)

Also, I don't really have those few hours at disposal for the TS, so...

Well, like they say in eastern europe - you won't be able to drink all the vodka, won't be able earn all the money and won't be able to get all the women into bed. So you won't have all those hours to play all the tank games.

Choosing to play one evening in TS instead of curerent server would have saved you many hours of rage (like T-62A). It's about decision making. It is more convenient to do some paper research or ask for advice. If you'd install the test server, you'd only have to blame yourself since you took the real thing out for a spin. If you ask for advice and decide to follow it, it is pretty easy to blame others for bad advice (the one which doesn't suit you very well, while it suits others a lot).

There are less alternatives for non paying account. If you have some disposable gold to do unmounts (which you don't), you'd have more options. I'm not sure if you can still sell stuff while dismounting - if so, just stock up some extra equipment buying it with 50% discount and sell it instead of dismounting with no loss. So buy a couple more rammers, vstabs, vents on discount and find the best combination. There's always the frustration with MM (people having dpm set or spotting set in older chaffee). After having a lot of low tiers games with spotting set, they change to DPM and get mostly tiers 10 - stuff like that. There's hardly an optimal set (vierange, dpm) with so many variables (top/bottom tier, map).

Also, hadnt played chaffee for like 7-8 patches, can only give general advice about it. There's a share stats for chaffee thread which contains some of the builds/impressions from new chaffee as well.

IH8MEDS #60 Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

Major

• Player
  • 87 battles

Oh, actually I DO have about 1.8k gold at my disposal, courtesy of WG giving it for free during the Warsaw/PL stream or whatever that was, along with 300g from password change.

And yeah, I mainly use that bit of gold for equipment unmounting, since 10 gold for 300-500-700k equipment is one of the best bargains you can have in this game

Anyhow, still have some time until 9.4 arrives (hoorah for free re-training) to make my mind up. The fact is that I would bypass Binos, since Chaffee is highly mobile, though not as mobile as the ELC.

On the other hand, while 370m base view range is better than the 350m of the ELC, it's still not quite enough for Optics, as I said.

I'm also thinking that, from what I read, the pen drop is pretty big at long ranges with the AP shells, so mostly I'll want to shoot up stuff at mid-close range, where V. Stab isn't really required, but pumping that DPM up will come really in handy

Decisions, decisions...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users