Do you find the word "TURD" offensive?

Clan Name WoT

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan Name (137 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you find the word "TURD" offensive?

1. YES (19 votes [13.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.87%

2. Voted NO (118 votes [86.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 86.13%

Vote Hide poll

Krogenator #81 Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16796 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostMadInAShed, on 16 September 2014 - 04:34 PM, said:

Does that mean that every player that has the word turd in their name has to change it...as i just did a search of player names and there are 6 pages of them that start their name with turd.

Once again this just seems be a shambles of a mess of a drunken decision taken by WG against a single thing whilst ignoring the hundreds of other cases (as a point if you search the playerbase for turd as above or search wan*er there are 3 pages - ok a lot are 0 battles but a lot are not, sh!t brings up 29 pages, and see you next tuesday brings up 7 pages).

It's allwell and good doing what they see as "the right thing", but when they choose a word that the majorityy of people don't find offensive but leave highly offensive words alone then it just stinks...... (i shall leave the easy joke alone!)

I will try to make it clear again, this one case is not WG doing a single ban because they can.The case is a individual or group of individuals that have complained about the clan name/logo.

It isn't that long ago someone had their clan logo removed and it was only two round dots/balls(not looking offensive at all,even less so then this) only because they had had a hole bunch of complaints.

WG made a rule and like I said rules have to be black or white online,because people will abuse them and you need something to cover your [edited].People will always abuse rules no matter what but as long as WG has put up a rule they are not to blame for some a**holes saying your logo is insulting them or is harassing their gaming experience.

Keep in mind that for some people WoT is a serious thing and is "historically accurate" and you mocking their "historically accurate" game by pleasing insignias on tanks that would never ever be on them(yes there are sad people like that).

I can probably think of a dozen ways to make any logo or clan name brake the rule if I truly wanted to but I see no point in doing that.

...Where was I going with this again,oh right.Blame the people reporting it,not WG.

Hummus #82 Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19076 battles
  • [DIIIK] DIIIK

View PostKrogenator, on 16 September 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

I will try to make it clear again, this one case is not WG doing a single ban because they can.The case is a individual or group of individuals that have complained about the clan name/logo.

It isn't that long ago someone had their clan logo removed and it was only two round dots/balls(not looking offensive at all,even less so then this) only because they had had a hole bunch of complaints.

WG made a rule and like I said rules have to be black or white online,because people will abuse them and you need something to cover your [edited].People will always abuse rules no matter what but as long as WG has put up a rule they are not to blame for some a**holes saying your logo is insulting them or is harassing their gaming experience.

I know, WG only start banning and removing when you get a lot of reports. So this whole action is a result of some rival clan being childish .... which is why I am trying to help. I laughed my [edited]off when I saw the picture and acronym... so I want it to stay.

[BALLS] send a repeal ticket and got both their name and logo back if I recall correctly. As I said ... WG might be a bit harsh some times ... but they learned, and seriously try to be fair (they realized you don't want to start a flaming war with a bunch of passionate smart people if you have a free to play game .... I can make 5-6 accounts, make sure they have responded in every single thread on the forum, and then change my signature to something REALY bad.... nothing they can do to stop that, other then being reasonable people. Because you don't do that to reasonable people)

I enforce rules myself. Sometimes I have to be a mean guy ... sometimes I'm just tired, or wrong or whatever..... It's how you act when you are wrong that determines how well you get treated by others.

Rules are black and white ... the world you apply them to never is. it's what makes the job of enforcing so difficult.

Edited by Hummus, 16 September 2014 - 05:46 PM.

MadInAShed #83 Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 20944 battles
  • [TYTI] TYTI

View PostKrogenator, on 16 September 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

Keep in mind that for some people WoT is a serious thing and is "historically accurate" and you mocking their "historically accurate" game by pleasing insignias on tanks that would never ever be on them(yes there are sad people like that).

I can probably think of a dozen ways to make any logo or clan name brake the rule if I truly wanted to but I see no point in doing that.

...Where was I going with this again,oh right.Blame the people reporting it,not WG.

That i get BUT if WG are following the rules black and white this HAS to be enforced for EVERYONE otherwise the rules mean jack.

1at7 #84 Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14237 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC

Just wanted to say cheers to everybody who has commented and voted so far. And a massive thanks to Hummus! Your help, advice and comments are very much appreciated.

We will try everything to keep calling ourselves TURD's. It is something that we are very proud of and a lot of thought, time and design work has gone into the building our small, casual-gaming community.

We didn't set out to offend anybody with our clan name or logo and apologise if we have done so.

I just hope that we can get WG to see that.

Krogenator #85 Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16796 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostMadInAShed, on 16 September 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

That i get BUT if WG are following the rules black and white this HAS to be enforced for EVERYONE otherwise the rules mean jack.

They do, if you report EVERYONE they will enforce the rules on EVERYONE.

But because this time it was someone holding a grudge against this one clan only and not all clans they only got a report on this one clan.

View PostHummus, on 16 September 2014 - 05:42 PM, said:

It's how you act when you are wrong that determines how well you get treated by others.

Rules are black and white ... the world you apply them to never is. it's what makes the job of enforcing so difficult.

You are a good man/woman/thing,keep seeing the world in full teknicolor.

And I find it more like "the way you act after you find/figure out you are/did wrong is what determines how well you get treated".

If you go out yelling and screaming at someone they will not respect you,but if you act mature and respect people,they will more easily be persuaded towards letting you off easier(not saying TURD is wrong in my opinion but I can see how some people can find it ,how to put it diplomatic,"unfavorable for their experience of the game").

1at7 #86 Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14237 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC

View PostKrogenator, on 16 September 2014 - 06:56 PM, said:

If you go out yelling and screaming at someone they will not respect you,but if you act mature and respect people,they will more easily be persuaded towards letting you off easier(not saying TURD is wrong in my opinion but I can see how some people can find it ,how to put it diplomatic,"unfavorable for their experience of the game").

OK, so if some people can have their in-game experience ruined by the word "TURD", I best lower myself to [edited] level and report all 130ish players who have the word "TURD" in their username, just to protect anybody from being offended.

There can't be different rules for different TURD's!!

Edited by Petruzzi, 19 September 2014 - 10:53 AM.

tigerstreak #87 Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:14 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23939 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View PostLeadbucket, on 16 September 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

True......looks like he flushed 2,500 gold down the toilet.:tongue:

lol, i think alot of people missed that one

tigerstreak #88 Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:17 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23939 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View PostKrogenator, on 17 September 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

They do, if you report EVERYONE they will enforce the rules on EVERYONE.

But because this time it was someone holding a grudge against this one clan only and not all clans they only got a report on this one clan.

You are a good man/woman/thing,keep seeing the world in full teknicolor.

And I find it more like "the way you act after you find/figure out you are/did wrong is what determines how well you get treated".

not sure if were ever able to get reason out of wg

the creators of the game cant stand the two numbers "88", but is happy to remember stalin, after all the things he did against his subjects

1at7 #89 Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14237 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC

This will be amusing, but may take some time :)

evilchaosmonkey #90 Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17856 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Some friendly advice.

Really? You're going to snitch on other clans.  Take your punishment like a man, otherwise you'll start to look pathetic.

BTW you shouldn't have been banned for that name IMO, it was childishly amusing in this day and age of too stronk seriousness.

wobblybob #91 Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 68690 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC

chaosmonkey, you just don't understand British sense of Humour. Try again. look closer.:veryhappy:

then apologise

Edited by wobblybob, 17 September 2014 - 06:05 PM.

tigerstreak #92 Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23939 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T
lots of "players" registered with names of mods, with added insults :o

Cobra6 #93 Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It all goes with the last two years of making this game more and more noob proof.

Doesn't matter this game is about tank warfare (a mature subject) as long as there are no words like turd anywhere to be found XD

Cobra 6

evilchaosmonkey #94 Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17856 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View Postwobblybob, on 17 September 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

chaosmonkey, you just don't understand British sense of Humour. Try again. look closer.:veryhappy:

then apologise

I do, I think you'll find - check plethora of mod deleted posts.

That said, I don't see the joke here - just a swear word.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 17 September 2014 - 09:48 PM.

Attack_Potato #95 Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4407 battles
  • [R0GUE] R0GUE

View PostKrogenator, on 15 September 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

You are complaining that your poop humor is being censored,then claim that it is to get yunger players inn...I don't think you realise how juvenile it is to have a clan named TURD.

Edit: also the word turd is not over 1000 years old, it is believed to come from around 1100s(so 900ish years). Look up your facts.

Yes your bottom is far too tight ! Relax you'll live longer.

Krogenator #96 Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16796 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostAttack_Potato, on 18 September 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

Yes your bottom is far too tight ! Relax you'll live longer.

To tight?But my boyfriend says he likes it tight.

Hummus #97 Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19076 battles
  • [DIIIK] DIIIK

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 17 September 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

Some friendly advice.

Really? You're going to snitch on other clans.  Take your punishment like a man, otherwise you'll start to look pathetic.

BTW you shouldn't have been banned for that name IMO, it was childishly amusing in this day and age of too stronk seriousness.

And the point they (and me) are trying to make, is that if you call something offensive, that easily, and mostly because they got reported for it ..... they should either take a more pro-active approach, or be very glad of community support for finding more "wrong" clan names.

There are lots of border cases... but some shown here are clearly not even close to the border.

I personally don't feel offended by any of them . This is the internetz ffs ... if I was easily offended I would have started crying in a corner years ago :tongue: But if a great name (and logo) like TURD is crossing a line ... there is a LOT of cleaning to do.

I can argue the case both ways, but I mostly just loved the amount of effort somebody put into that acronym and logo. And I feel it's bad they get reported and banned, while [CUNTS] is still out there. (I also understand British etiquette a bit more then the average non-Brit) 

I'm a bit of a softy when it comes to the exact problem of rules and lines, because I know exactly how hard it is to draw and maintain lines. And even though sometimes the good get punished with the bad .... I REALLY don't like seeing the good get punished when I get see 3-4 examples of clearly bad still getting away with it.

In the end it's still going to be up to the devs/forums guys ... but at least the turds know their options now, and how to use them to the full.

They have a strong case ..... and worst case scenario is that an active forum member (that'll be me) is going to spend some time clearing up some names that should have been reported and banned anyway, to full-fill a sense of justice.

I live in a VERY liberal country, and I understand my morals offend a lot of people (hell I count on it most of the time :trollface:) But that turd on tracks pic is comedy gold, and should be on this forum. It only got removed halfway into this thread. And that is just political correct bullpoop that I don't condone.

I wish the turds all the best with their final appeal.

And pleeeeaase PM me that turd on tracks pic. I love it !

Edit:to the forums guys, please either edit this post, or send me a PM the moment you change that guild name I mention above (the C word).... it's really not something that should be in this game or on this forum. I feel bad for using it every time.

Edited by Hummus, 18 September 2014 - 09:00 PM.

Attack_Potato #98 Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4407 battles
  • [R0GUE] R0GUE

View PostKrogenator, on 18 September 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

To tight?But my boyfriend says he likes it tight.

Really ?

Bend over then, I will have to check it with my Tight "O" Meter !  :teethhappy:

1at7 #99 Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14237 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC

Well, it's final, TURD is gone forever! WG dumbasses at CS are not budging!

We've given them every piece of research we could find, along with a screenshot of 130 players in the game using the word TURD in their username (there are a lot of inactive accounts, but that's not the point), but their decision is final!

We tried to compromise and offered to call ourselves TRD, TU_RD and even DRUT, but they said NO to all, pointing out that these names could still be interpreted as offensive and also advised us to take the full name (Terminally Unstable & Relatively Dangerous) off the WoT clan page description and change the whole name altogether, as to not cause any further offense.

So there it is, all of the hard work and effort that has gone into building our community of TURD's, has been flushed down the toilet (pun intended) and so I'd like everybody to put their bum cheeks together, and give WG a well deserved, round of applause (another pun that was very much intended).

Thanks to everybody who has made comments in our favour. (Haha, they just said "ARSED" on UK TV and it's lunchtime, so what does that tell you? Get off your high-horse WG!)

And thanks to WG for ruining my gaming experience, cheers.

TURD's......ROLL OUT  O7

tigerstreak #100 Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:11 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23939 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View Post1at7, on 20 September 2014 - 01:26 AM, said:

Well, it's final, TURD is gone forever! WG dumbasses at CS are not budging!

We've given them every piece of research we could find, along with a screenshot of 130 players in the game using the word TURD in their username (there are a lot of inactive accounts, but that's not the point), but their decision is final!

We tried to compromise and offered to call ourselves TRD, TU_RD and even DRUT, but they said NO to all, pointing out that these names could still be interpreted as offensive and also advised us to take the full name (Terminally Unstable & Relatively Dangerous) off the WoT clan page description and change the whole name altogether, as to not cause any further offense.

So there it is, all of the hard work and effort that has gone into building our community of TURD's, has been flushed down the toilet (pun intended) and so I'd like everybody to put their bum cheeks together, and give WG a well deserved, round of applause (another pun that was very much intended).

Thanks to everybody who has made comments in our favour. (Haha, they just said "ARSED" on UK TV and it's lunchtime, so what does that tell you? Get off your high-horse WG!)

And thanks to WG for ruining my gaming experience, cheers.

TURD's......ROLL OUT  O7

lots of alternatives...

turtles head

fudge nugget.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users