• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

oinked #1 Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 26393 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

Hi all,

I recently switched service providers, so I get the feeling that the issue is somewhere in the new router, but let me take some time to explain my issue... as a solution might help others with the same problem.

I noticed yesterday that whilst sitting in the garage the game sometimes kicked me out, this was occuring apparently randomly whilst the game was idle (I was eating dinner nearby). I was able to log in without any trouble but the same thing would happen again a little later again for no apparent reason.

Having played some games I noticed that during a battle there would sometimes be freezes... but I have now got a relatively consistent issue. I can get in to a battle and the counter goes all the way down from 30 down to 00:00 at which point the game will seemingly stop communicating. I can move the camera around my tank, zoom in and out but nothing else... I can type to send a chat message, but it does not send (appear). Then, after a short while the error message window pops up saying "connection to server interrupted" and I get thrown out to the log in screen.

I can log in and get put back in to the battle... but lose one or two minutes off the start in this process.

This appears to only be affecting World of Tanks. I have a couple of mods, and launch using the main app exe rather than the launcher... but have been doing this for months without ANY issues. The only thing that I can see that has changed from one day to the next was the installation of the new router provided by the new service provider (EE). I had no issues at the weekend nor on the morning of the 15th, before my new router as plugged in so I get the feeling that is where the issue actually lies.

Anyone have any ideas?

marke_one #2 Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27007 battles

I left EE a month or two ago because of many many other similiar issues.

That said, with my new provider, I've also been suffering the exact same affects since yesterday. PingPlots and tracert's shows a fair amount of packet loss between me and the WG servers. Most of it lost after leaving the London hops.

(Also with a new connection, you need to allow for around two weeks for the connection to sync properly, so it says in the t&c's somewhere)

Norman_D_Landing #3 Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27674 battles
  • [ADAA] ADAA

This has just started to happen to me, to. Server connection interrupted error on reaching 00:00 countdown (before match.)

I haven't changed service provider.

I Have, however just added a windows 8 laptop onto the home network and when this is up and running the error seems to occur. Shut it down and I am error free once more.

I haven't investigated any more than that yet.

Raffy5 #4 Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26711 battles

Same thing, yesterday during CW at the very last seconds I get "Connection to server interrupted" and i get taken to the log in screen. I click "Connect" and the connection is back on.

This is only for WOT since all other internet related connections are working just fine during this strange disconnection.

Also tagged with connection issues

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users