Scotland lose their independence by a NO vote. (A good thing be proud of that).

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Outlawz0111 #1 Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4351 battles

Aye,

I am playing british music all day now and quite pleased that scotland did not go independent aye. We are better off together in this cruel world anyway let us go foward and make the future a bright place fellow scots. 

Br proud of your country scotland.

GiraffeInATopHat #2 Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4600 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

lord_chipmonk #3 Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34064 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Well, I thought it would have been a shame had they left. Apparently, they agreed. :smile:

_PapaSmurf_ #4 Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 347 battles

England need Scotland a hell of a lot more than Scotland needs England. 

I was hoping for a Yes vote but the scaremongering by the politicians (who were pooping themselves) seem's to have worked. 

Here is a sensible view by a successful business man.

AEIOUMadden #5 Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8436 battles

View Post_PapaSmurf_, on 19 September 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

England need Scotland a hell of a lot more than Scotland needs England. 

I was hoping for a Yes vote but the scaremongering by the politicians (who were pooping themselves) seem's to have worked. 

Here is a sensible view by a successful business man.

But then realistically why would separation be advantageous in an ever increasing global culture? If anything more of us working together for mutual benefit is the way forward. Quite frankly I find your statement on England's greater need for Scotland dubious. We need each other equally in more ways than economic reasons.

I'm glad Scotland decided to stay. Now as long as we stay in the EU I'll be happy.

Outlawz0111 #6 Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4351 battles

Scotland will never be judged they are strong people and i can really respect them wanting independence. As a part welshmen and part englishmen know that no matter what you do scotland i will always support you however i can. I'ts just that if you had left today and you did indeed go independent i would still support you because i love scotland no matter what happens, and you will always be my brothers and sisters.

We can go forward now.

Edited by Outlawz0111, 19 September 2014 - 02:13 PM.

soolerman #7 Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles

So when is the vote to see if England would like to get out of the union?

Seriously though. It would have been a disaster for Scotland and the rest of us. If they had pulled out. I kept quiet on the issue as I had no vote. But now its done I am happy to say people seem to have seen that it was not a good idea. Small is not good in world politics.

Both my parents are scots and both worried badly that Scotland is simply not viable as an independent nation. If you look at the past Scotland was always, both politically and financially, improvised nation till the union happened. It has still got the short end of the stick to many times since then. But it has also done well from being part of the union. Scots have the best roads, legal, education and health system in the UK and get more from the union than the English do.

My worry now is that Scotland will find that its got to pull a bit more for its self and with the new powers will come less influence and more responsibility's. I think we are seeing the end to the blame it on the English politics we have had in Scotland for the last 50 years or so.

That said if Scotland had cut its self off I would have supported there decision to do so. We are members of the union because we wish to be. Not because we are forced to be. Hopefully we will always remember this.

DB2212 #8 Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15502 battles

View Postsoolerman, on 20 September 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

Scots have the best roads

You've obviously not driven in Glasgow for a very long time. The Somme had fewer potholes :smiles:

BERLIN_19451945 #9 Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21553 battles

View PostDB2212, on 21 September 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

You've obviously not driven in Glasgow for a very long time. The Somme had fewer potholes :smiles:

The only hole I remember from Glasgow was Cleopatras Nightclub (Claty Pattys's?). And inside there were many many many further holes...........

Happy days 

DB2212 #10 Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15502 battles

View PostBERLIN_19451945, on 21 September 2014 - 02:11 AM, said:

The only hole I remember from Glasgow was Cleopatras Nightclub (Claty Pattys's?). And inside there were many many many further holes...........

Happy days 

Clatty Pats is no more :sads: Now called Viper, but it'll always be known as Clatty Pats. I imagine your feet will still stick to the carpet...

MeetriX #11 Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20625 battles
I tought Scotland lost their indepence, because king Edward I. Longshanks said no.:izmena:

Edited by MeetriX, 21 September 2014 - 11:30 PM.

DB2212 #12 Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15502 battles

Scotland voted against independence. It wasn't lost, just not wanted.

No amount of Braveheart was going to change that :tongue:

Ulfhedinn_ #13 Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

View PostMeetriX, on 21 September 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:

I tought Scotland lost their indepence, because king Edward I. Longshanks said no.:izmena:

And there you have at least part of the reason so many Scots wanted a referendum and voted YES. I've been following all their campaigning on social media and it's amazing how much total rubbish they've convinced themselves of about history, mainly based on the film Braveheart. Problem is that film is more fiction than a dramatised documentary. Things such as "Primae Noctus" in the film, that was a Hollywood invention to make it more emotive, it never ever really happened. But it's enough to make hoards of neddies vote YES. As Scotland's resident historians pointed out, Braveheart is so inaccurate they should have called it "William Wallace and Gromit :-) In actual fact the Scots weren't conquered, the Union happened in 1707 when Scotland asked to join England in Union after they'd bankrupted themselves in their half baked Darian project. And there was never any rebellion, Cullodon that happened later was a religious war not a National one. And Soolerman, England can't legally vote to dissolve or opt out of the Union because the English original decision to opt into it was made by the English Parliament that no longer exists (it was replaced by the UK Govt, Scotland got their Parliament back in part devolution few yrs back but England never did). So the legal body the English would require doesn't exist. But we wouldn't want out of Union anyway, English are too loyal to desert Scots, Welsh, or N.Irish.

And hurray, I won't go into the politics but it's going to lead to all 4 Nations of the UK each having their own fully devolved Assemblies all within a Federal UK. So home rule for Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland & England too! :-)

Edited by Maxmk6, 22 September 2014 - 02:46 AM.

BERLIN_19451945 #14 Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21553 battles

View PostMaxmk6, on 22 September 2014 - 02:31 AM, said:

And there you have at least part of the reason so many Scots wanted a referendum and voted YES. I've been following all their campaigning on social media and it's amazing how much total rubbish they've convinced themselves of about history, mainly based on the film Braveheart. Problem is that film is more fiction than a dramatised documentary. Things such as "Primae Noctus" in the film, that was a Hollywood invention to make it more emotive, it never ever really happened. But it's enough to make hoards of neddies vote YES. As Scotland's resident historians pointed out, Braveheart is so inaccurate they should have called it "William Wallace and Gromit :-) In actual fact the Scots weren't conquered, the Union happened in 1707 when Scotland asked to join England in Union after they'd bankrupted themselves in their half baked Darian project. And there was never any rebellion, Cullodon that happened later was a religious war not a National one. And Soolerman, England can't legally vote to dissolve or opt out of the Union because the English original decision to opt into it was made by the English Parliament that no longer exists (it was replaced by the UK Govt, Scotland got their Parliament back in part devolution few yrs back but England never did). So the legal body the English would require doesn't exist. But we wouldn't want out of Union anyway, English are too loyal to desert Scots, Welsh, or N.Irish.

And hurray, I won't go into the politics but it's going to lead to all 4 Nations of the UK each having their own fully devolved Assemblies all within a Federal UK. So home rule for Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland & England too! :-)

A brief and succinct comment on the whole event. It has been a win win. We keep the Union, and the lack of a proper English Assembly  wil now be addressed hopefully. The Scots were right- there ARE major differences between how the North and South are treated. Namely, £1600 per head per annum that our tarten friends get more than the rest of us. With the economy on the up, now is the time for the entire country to benefit, as we set about re-establishing the Empire and bringing the rest of the World to heal under our benevolent rule. Let's get Scottish shipyards building more carriers and bring forward the T26 Global Combatant Project so we can expand the yards and employ thousands more. Let's reverse the Scottish Regiment amalgamation, a money saving move and nothing more, and buy real Maritime Patrol Aircraft so we can secure our Northern and Western Approaches Sea Lanes. 

In short, let's be the UK proper again. Building big heavy stuff, and dropping big stuff on the heads of foreigners. It's what we are good at........

anonym_hKpb6k9sD75T #15 Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

1st, they lost their independence 300 years ago. Not at this referendum.

(the following is just my opinion)

Making things bigger is bad for humanity.

Independence would have reversed the process a little bit.

What I mean with "bigger is bad for humanity" can be simply explained by how "supermarkets" destroyed small retailers (and created poverty that way).

It usually means buying out and monopolizing etc.

More diversity, more choice (instead of 2 or 3 choices) and more jobs  :)

BattleMetalChris #16 Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9224 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Ulfhedinn_ #17 Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

Totally agree Berlin, shame so many of the Scot's don't. They have a lot of militants with some extremely crazy ideas. I had an argument yesterday with one on a forum who was convinced the Indians who volunteered in their masses to fight for us in WW1 & 2 weren't volunteers at all, but were rounded up by the English at gun point and forced into battle like slaves. And another who reckoned my Wolverhampton Wanderers football club logo avatar was actually a racist Nazi symbol. I'm beginning to think Buckfast might be hallucinogenic.

BattleMetalChris - not if Salmond & Stillars have anything to do with it, they're now saying if SNP gets a majority in Scot Parliament after their next elections (and as it's proportional representation, they can achieve that with only approx 20% of the vote, ie more votes than any other party), they're going to unilaterally declare Scotland independent!

Trouble over this is going rumble on for ages. Eg, the Tartan army have declared they're going to refuse to sing Flower of Scotland at football & rugby matches, cuz they say slaves of the English shouldn't have their own national song. They were debating what new song they should sing instead, with helpful suggestions from English onlookers that perhaps they should sing the song about the moose being loose aboot their hoose, or the one about Donald, who had no troosers.

lord_chipmonk #18 Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34064 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostMaxmk6, on 22 September 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

BattleMetalChris - not if Salmond & Stillars have anything to do with it, they're now saying if SNP gets a majority in Scot Parliament after their next elections (and as it's proportional representation, they can achieve that with only approx 20% of the vote, ie more votes than any other party), they're going to unilaterally declare Scotland independent!

Can you hear that sound? It's the sound of a million democratically elected souls crying out in pain. Man, if they did that, the hypocrisy. 

MeetriX #19 Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20625 battles

View PostMaxmk6, on 22 September 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

And there you have at least part of the reason so many Scots wanted a referendum and voted YES. I've been following all their campaigning on social media and it's amazing how much total rubbish they've convinced themselves of about history, mainly based on the film Braveheart.

...wall of texts, read above...

Mad Max has made lots of historical inaccurate documents.:sad:

Edited by MeetriX, 22 September 2014 - 02:18 PM.

soolerman #20 Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles

View PostDB2212, on 21 September 2014 - 12:56 AM, said:

I have 173 pot holes in my street and its only half a mile long mate. But I grant your point and when I was in Glasgow last, about five years back. It was a city of two half's, still. Lots of nice bits and some parts in need of some urban renewal like carpet bombing. :smile:

Edited by soolerman, 22 September 2014 - 08:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users