Twilight of The Gods: Clan Interviews

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
The Dark Gods have been defeated and their vanquishers emerged as heroes! Check out what they had to say about the event and their participation.

Full news text

Darth_Woras #2 Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
So, there was a special map or not?

Panzerfighter_ #3 Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 60315 battles
  • [322] 322
No interview for you FAME. Only place 1 and 3 get attention. Fair.

SanyaJuutilainen #4 Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20686 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
RSOP landed with two gates next to them right in the start and us (almost complete newbs) next to them... and still they wanted it to be easier.

Have to disagree there - there was enough gates throughout all the days to get into Asgard. Maybe not into Valhalla, but the first 2-3 days were enough for pro clans to get some gate (RSOP alone got some 5 or so provinces in that time).

PixelAim #5 Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 67645 battles
  • [ANIML] ANIML
Stronk tectik  - Mouse cap

knightM #6 Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45129 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Well there are 2 positive things here:

- there is an article at all, afaik this is the one and only info about the event made by WG EU, everything else was translations from other servers

- OM mentions the problem all events starting with campaign 2 have.... if you are in active clan it might be actually harder to get a reward tank than if you are in clan with fewer active members, which works kinda against the purpose of a "team" event

then the negative:

1. There was virtually 0 info/feedback/discussion/news about the event front WG EU, much worse than any previous events and utter crap compared with what was going on NA and RU servers. Tbh given the number of people working in WG EU this means somebody is not doing their job. Even simple things that take 2 mins to do like making a feedback thread have just not happened.

2. The banning of ZWACK just after they took a valhalla province from RSOP skewed all event ratings from that moment on. Both for RSOP and other clans who had to fight other enemies or meet RSOP stacks that had "nothing to do".

3. 2/3 of all Victory points gained by all clans in Asgaard were gained without fights (by taking over NPC provinces or provinces with 0 chips), this points to a poor design/rule setup for that part as the epic "ragnarok" where everyone fights everyone turned into "moving chips around to avoid fights and get VPs"

========================

Find it strange that points 2. and 3. are not mentioned by RSOP or OM. Either WG edited the interview a lot, or you guys don't have the balls to point to out the real issues and instead go for "everything was great" PR. OM actually tried to point out some things that were wrong, so it's just RSOP doing the PR.

Edited by knightM, 21 September 2014 - 06:59 PM.

hedi2222 #7 Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29170 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Worked so hard on this compaign to atleast get a medal  . My first ever CW experience was acceptable , been able to do my HP in damage and get a good CW winrate . costed me alot of gold ammo thought . It was fun and i got to know how intense CW was . Congrats to all the clans that won . All i can say is one thing : Average clans have no place whatsoever in compaigns . Cause after all , only the top notches will win .

warmagnet123 #8 Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5671 battles

Enough of all this crap when are wargaming going to sort out this bloody matchmaker ?

first time on today and again 2 losses straight away im f..........g paying to lose well not any more .

WG as from the 30th of this month you will get no more from me so stick this where the sun don't shine and I hope it all go's very badly for you when newer and better games are released

If you won't come to us on the forum for this topic then ill come to you on this one you all seem to enjoy so much

Edited by noobmagnet123, 21 September 2014 - 07:36 PM.

Darkmancer #9 Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 50358 battles
  • [S-I-G] S-I-G

World of autoloaders.

Really how are the most heavily armour tanks defeated by tanks 2 tiers down?  Take autoloaders and thump gold though, it's like a bunch of kids throwing stones at an adult with downs.  That's pretty much the lesson that the most popular game on tanks gives.  Tanks & armour are pointless.  GG WG.  GG

SanyaJuutilainen #10 Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20686 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostDarkmancer, on 21 September 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

World of autoloaders.

Really how are the most heavily armour tanks defeated by tanks 2 tiers down?  Take autoloaders and thump gold though, it's like a bunch of kids throwing stones at an adult with downs.  That's pretty much the lesson that the most popular game on tanks gives.  Tanks & armour are pointless.  GG WG.  GG

Numbers - 15 T8 autoloaders vs 8 T10 tanks. If it were 15 vs 15, the tier 10s would win if not easily (it's top clans after all), then I'd say comfortably.
One would say you weren't paying attention.

d2bonzai #11 Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15018 battles

OM: " We mentioned earlier that we were under a lot of stress. Clans with a lot of active players have this problem, everybody wants the tank but not everybody can play. With the limited amount of tanks given out, the problem increased. This works against the concept of World of Tanks being a team based game. We would hope for a better solution next time, maybe based on the ranking of the whole clan. "

EFE community kept pointing this since 2nd campaign via support/campaign "directly in charge" staff. But I guess they don't really care about clans who plays all year long CWs and built their roster accordingly with active players, then find themselves every campaign into a lot of stress management because players are afraid not to be eligible for reward tank.

Also wanna add a personal point of view, campaigns should be Tier 10, cuz its a [edited]disgrace to play T8 when imo these kind of campaigns should be like "Events" for the clans which are involved into CW yearly routine. And plz don't come out with "T8 so more clans can participate" because there is nothing to win for lower shape clans with such rule sets.

I'm glad and sad in the same time to see great clans skipping campaign like 1PADX A-P etc, staying on normal map to avoid stress and also gain more gold (gains + saves gold cuz no T8 to rebuy/retrain crew) since there is really no unique tank to win. Expect even more clans to boycott campaigns if the rule sets keep the same kind of backbone.

On the positive side, Lore and background of this campaign were pretty nice though.

Edited by d2bonzai, 22 September 2014 - 12:17 PM.

Erissa #12 Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

Community Coordinator

• Player
  • 4768 battles

View PostPanzerfighter, on 21 September 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

No interview for you FAME. Only place 1 and 3 get attention. Fair.

Sadly that is correct. The interview with the FAME Clan didn't make it to publication as the interview was retracted on their request.

- Erissa

Kr1szo #13 Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28198 battles

The event was amazing, people who didn't participate got prizes as well in the end, [edited]

Edited by Neilloss46, 23 September 2014 - 06:14 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Neilloss46

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users