Jump to content


[Review] Fast and Furious- T49 Light Tank


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

angel2411 #1 Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014

A review I wrote for the new t49 light tank: http://angelazzurri.blogspot.com/2014/09/review-fast-and-furious-t49-light-tank.html

 

Hope you like it  :smile:



Eila_Juutilainen #2 Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:23 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21476 battles
  • 3,884
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

Minor nitpick: your history review doesn't mention anything about the XM551 testbed model and the 152mm Gun Launcher. And also, you write "-Poor AP's penetration  " when it has no AP shells on any of it's guns.

 

Otherwise a nice review.



angel2411 #3 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 25 September 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

Minor nitpick: your history review doesn't mention anything about the XM551 testbed model and the 152mm Gun Launcher. And also, you write "-Poor AP's penetration  " when it has no AP shells on any of it's guns.

 

Otherwise a nice review.

 

Thank you very much ! I will correct that mistake :)

ArrNgee #4 Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:30 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28390 battles
  • 851
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011
For your advise on playstyle I do not agree at all with what you said.

My way to play it:
Do some active (but careful) scouting to begin with so you know the situation, look for low HP/low armored targets and assassinate them. Shot a Caernarvon in the side for 1060 dmg yesterday and a T34 in the side for 1100. Ridiculous gun, and it's great for sniping despite what you say. This tank is a damage dealer, not a scout.

Considered you have a good crew with BiA, camo and some viewrange-skill I recommend this equipment:
- Gun rammer
- Vents
- Vertical stabiliser


jellis #5 Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25171 battles
  • 19
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostRandomNumberGenerator, on 01 October 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

Considered you have a good crew with BiA, camo and some viewrange-skill I recommend this equipment:
- Gun rammer
- Vents
- Vertical stabiliser

 

I'm going for this after I get my crew skills up. How long is your reload with this setup? (with BIA)



ArrNgee #6 Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28390 battles
  • 851
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011
My reload is 18.99 which actually doesn't feel too long as you do a crapload og dmg when you pen and your tank is fast, so mostly you will run away once you took your shot to ensure your survival. So you will be reloaded when you're done relocating and aiming :)

Ain_Soph #7 Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3878 battles
  • 690
  • Member since:
    01-27-2012

View PostRandomNumberGenerator, on 01 October 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

My reload is 18.99 which actually doesn't feel too long as you do a crapload og dmg when you pen and your tank is fast, so mostly you will run away once you took your shot to ensure your survival. So you will be reloaded when you're done relocating and aiming :)

 

it's worth to use the 150penetration gold ammo? is that he or ap? i haven't it yet so i dont know

Edited by Lacedemone, 01 October 2014 - 03:14 PM.


ArrNgee #8 Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28390 battles
  • 851
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

When I play the tank I play it carefully and choose my targets accordingly. So if I know I'm gonna get to shoot the side of an IS-3, M103 etc. I might load 152 pen HEAT ammo on my way to the target, but normal HE is what I prefer to use as it can't bounce off normal armor and will do loads of damage to lightly armored targets.

 

Btw: HEAT isn't gold ammo, premium HE with bigger splash is.

 


Edited by RandomNumberGenerator, 01 October 2014 - 04:27 PM.


nulero82 #9 Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 20232 battles
  • 188
  • Member since:
    10-12-2010
Remove 152mm gun, it's OP for a light tank i don't  playing more with light tanks while the tank has that gun:facepalm:

dennez #10 Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 18716 battles
  • 4,755
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013

View Postnulero82, on 01 October 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

Remove 152mm gun, it's OP for a light tank i don't  playing more with light tanks while the tank has that gun:facepalm:

 

Thats what people think, until they actually get it.. The amount of trolling this gun does is just... Agony.. Snapshotting or any attempt at shooting while moving is basically impossible. You can only actually hit other LT's (or anything for that matter) after standing still for at least 5 seconds, waiting for it to fully aim.

Shooting on the move will NEVER hit anything, i even missed point blank <1 meter gun-ahss-touching shots just because i didnt fully aim in.

 


Edited by dennez, 06 October 2014 - 11:53 AM.


TheRazorblade #11 Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 38988 battles
  • 88
  • [BEST] BEST
  • Member since:
    07-11-2012

View Postnulero82, on 01 October 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

Remove 152mm gun, it's OP for a light tank i don't  playing more with light tanks while the tank has that gun:facepalm:

 

sure, and the 90 mm gun with 102 mm pen in tier X battles is ok. 

3Form #12 Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18245 battles
  • 1,830
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010

View Postdennez, on 06 October 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

 

Thats what people think, until they actually get it.. The amount of trolling this gun does is just... Agony.. Snapshotting or any attempt at shooting while moving is basically impossible. You can only actually hit other LT's (or anything for that matter) after standing still for at least 5 seconds, waiting for it to fully aim.

Shooting on the move will NEVER hit anything, i even missed point blank <1 meter gun-ahss-touching shots just because i didnt fully aim in.

 

 

Yeah.

 

I played the T30 for a bit yesterday. OH MY [edited]GOD! The gun felt like the 105mm on the M48 after 3 solid days of playing the T49.

 

T49 really needs a buff to dispersion on that 152mm, it's a bit ridiculous at the moment. Missing a WT Pz4 at 50m after aiming for 5 seconds. Eurgh.



Ehern #13 Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:00 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22172 battles
  • 346
  • [DTM] DTM
  • Member since:
    09-08-2012

View Postnulero82, on 01 October 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

Remove 152mm gun, it's OP for a light tank i don't  playing more with light tanks while the tank has that gun:facepalm:

 

That's like saying that i'm not playing meds anymore because the russian ones are blatantly op.

 



MetalManiac69 #14 Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:42 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23425 battles
  • 1,385
  • Member since:
    02-18-2012

View Post3Form, on 06 October 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

 

Yeah.

 

I played the T30 for a bit yesterday. OH MY [edited]GOD! The gun felt like the 105mm on the M48 after 3 solid days of playing the T49.

 

T49 really needs a buff to dispersion on that 152mm, it's a bit ridiculous at the moment. Missing a WT Pz4 at 50m after aiming for 5 seconds. Eurgh.

 

you need to get closer. there's a reason why it has so terrible soft stats for the gun, it would be OP as hell.



Psionik #15 Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 19556 battles
  • 66
  • [FCS] FCS
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostMetalManiac69, on 07 October 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

 

you need to get closer. there's a reason why it has so terrible soft stats for the gun, it would be OP as hell.

 

Oh yeah :( get closer! Man!!! This thing is but big tin can of tuna fish. With mediocre mobility for 25hp/ton.  You can't afford to be seen before shot. You can't afford everything touch you. it touches you, you lose HP, you lose aim...  And when you get closer you must stop and start to aim, otherwise your shot will go out of view. With my crew and without rammer I'm waiting for reload for 22s! Yesterday I danced around Maus and missed 2 times at point blank... and when I had time at least partially aim then I hit, but also my HP went down because of splash!!! Sometimes I didn't do dmg only splashes did damages to me.

Before you start about attacking maus- with HE ammo it should be trivial. Maus is good big target which has very low mobility- that is needed for using 152mm gun as it is now.

Buff aiming time to average TD stats and it will be more or less ok. And aiming circle diameter too. Also accuracy should be 0.4....  Then it will start to be competetive with average LT.

 

I try to work around this all, but now I'm mainly hopeless camper lost in bushes. I need 400k credits to afford vertical stabilizer, maybe it will be better.


Edited by Psionik, 30 October 2014 - 02:12 PM.


caferaca #16 Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20103 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    12-04-2012

Can't hit other Light Tanks? Got a Naidins medal in it yesterday. My advice it obviously good crew, camo, bia, viewrange skills. Vstabs, gun laying drive, rammer. And Cola.

 

I haven't used Heat yet on this as HE is so much fun. Also auto aim alot with this tank and don't fully aim.. Seems to work.

 

Have a look.. 

 

http://wotreplays.com/site/1293139

 



3Form #17 Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18245 battles
  • 1,830
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010

You should start trying to use HEAT mate! There are some situations where HEAT can pen but HE can't. So you can do 750 damage as opposed to 350. It takes a little forethought and planning but can pay off.

 

For instance, the WZ-132 can be penetrated frontally by HE if you aim well, but it's tricky. HEAT goes straight through the front, and I've beaten a T49 with my WZ who could've killed me if he'd switched to HEAT for his second shot.

 

Frontally the BatChat can be penned with HEAT too, same for the Leopard.

 

E50M side armour will usually stop HE, but can't stop HEAT.

 

Arse of an IS-7 will stop HE but not HEAT.

 

This list goes on and on, it's definitely worth thinking about.



_TRT_MRT_SMRT_ #18 Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:24 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 39609 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    11-22-2013

I just LOVE my T 49

Still not sure when to use HE when HEAT,few times i did not damage at all with HEAT so i use mostly HE

Also i consider to drop skills (i have 3 skills) and put BIA.

Reload is now 19.41 without BIA

It will be 18.44 i guess with BIA...is it worth to drop some good skills like clutch breaking or smooth ride because of it?



samuelx43a #19 Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27210 battles
  • 1,264
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013
i see guys complaining about the gun, well the m155 sheridian has a 155mm gun and shoots rockets, so yeah next time think about it ;)

Eila_Juutilainen #20 Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:50 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21476 battles
  • 3,884
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View Postsamuelx43a, on 17 November 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

i see guys complaining about the gun, well the m155 sheridian has a 155mm gun and shoots rockets, so yeah next time think about it ;)

 

You mean the M551 Sheridan? With a 152mm gun? You do realise that the 'XM551 test bed' turret and the '152mm Gun Launcher' modules are, you know, the Sheridan test model?

Edited by Eila_Juutilainen, 17 November 2014 - 09:51 PM.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users