Jump to content


M551 Sheridan light tank


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Brumbrumboom #1 Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 39800 battles
  • 1
  • [TRNT] TRNT
  • Member since:
    02-15-2011
I vant to se 

M551 Sheridan light tank

 

Sune



Eila_Juutilainen #2 Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21476 battles
  • 3,884
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View PostBrumbrumboom, on 26 September 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

I vant to se 

M551 Sheridan light tank

 

Sune

 

Not going to happen, ever. You get the T49 with XM551 turret, take it or leave it.

STARSBarry #3 Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 8054 battles
  • 97
  • [GAAAH] GAAAH
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010
I dont understand why they didn't just give us the Sheridan instead, is it because they didnt want to bother modeling a different hull from the M41, which had been in game since the type 64?

Harland #4 Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16648 battles
  • 449
  • Member since:
    07-26-2012

View PostSTARSBarry, on 26 September 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

I dont understand why they didn't just give us the Sheridan instead, is it because they didnt want to bother modeling a different hull from the M41, which had been in game since the type 64?

 

Maybe because the Sheridan could fire missiles and had an aluminum armour hull?

Eila_Juutilainen #5 Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:20 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21476 battles
  • 3,884
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View PostHarland, on 26 September 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

 

Maybe because the Sheridan could fire missiles and had an aluminum armour hull?

 

Yup.

STARSBarry #6 Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 8054 battles
  • 97
  • [GAAAH] GAAAH
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 26 September 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

 

Yup.

 

erm just to point out but the T49 could also fire the missiles although it never did, its basically the same turret and gun with the M41 hull thats the only diffrence, im not asking for rocket ammo im asking for a different hull that might make the tank more usable (in that it dont bleed speed on any form of small ridge or by turning slightly) aluminium don't offer great protection but then its a light tank, I expect every shot fired into it to pen, currently the T49 is a letdown as a tier 8 light the Sheridan in many ways I would still think would be a letdown, BUT it would be less of one.


Edited by STARSBarry, 26 September 2014 - 05:17 PM.


San4311 #7 Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 23618 battles
  • 98
  • [CIRC] CIRC
  • Member since:
    12-30-2012
The XM551 (T49) COULD fire the missiles, but at the time of testing the XM551, the missiles were still in development.

Eila_Juutilainen #8 Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21476 battles
  • 3,884
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View PostSTARSBarry, on 26 September 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

 

erm just to point out but the T49 could also fire the missiles although it never did, its basically the same turret and gun with the M41 hull thats the only diffrence, im not asking for rocket ammo im asking for a different hull that might make the tank more usable (in that it dont bleed speed on any form of small ridge or by turning slightly) aluminium don't offer great protection but then its a light tank, I expect every shot fired into it to pen, currently the T49 is a letdown as a tier 8 light the Sheridan in many ways I would still think would be a letdown, BUT it would be less of one.

 

Not sure why you think that introducing the hull would make the tank more mobile. Even if it weights less they'd just up the ground resistance and lower traverse or something.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users