M5 Stuart American Light 37mm automatic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Gehoth #1 Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12290 battles

Hi.

I'm aware that I'm not the best WOT player or the world expert on American Light, but this tank really tortures me. What is the deal with 37mm automatic gun? This thing beats any B1 gun as the most useless gun in game IMHO. I know that the gun is the least important thing on a LT, but this is too much. It has some sort of 5 round burst that, if it pens (56 penetration has issues even with other tier IV's), only the first round actually hits, rest of them just go off randomly into the world because of bloom. People that I can actually penetrate quickly figured out that they can simply go back into cover while I release my unstoppable burst of doom, than pop back out and finish me off. I'm talking about tier IV battles here.

In higher tiers I cant even pen backs of tanks, or do anything else other than straight scout( which is also harder because of additional mobility nerfs). It should not get 15 cm Pak L/38, but some dignity against tier III would be nice.

Anyway, I'm not here to rage or whine, but to ask you, players better than me, how on Earth do you play this tank now?

Scouting top-tier seems harsh. 

Edited by Gehoth, 26 September 2014 - 07:46 PM.

gomutanlogar #2 Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5291 battles
m5a1 stuart is the alternative. 47 mm 81 pen. 70 dmg. m5 stuart is just not useful.

Edited by gomutanlogar, 26 September 2014 - 07:48 PM.

flyintiger #3 Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19869 battles
  • [_GITS] _GITS
The automatic gun is useless when it empties the whole clip at once. I have a feeling it's a bug and it's supposed to be normal style autoloader, one shot at a time. If they don't fix it, use the standard one and try to pew pew your way through. 

RogueWraith909 #4 Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10606 battles

View Postflyintiger, on 26 September 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

The automatic gun is useless when it empties the whole clip at once. I have a feeling it's a bug and it's supposed to be normal style autoloader, one shot at a time. If they don't fix it, use the standard one and try to pew pew your way through. 

ROFL!  Pew pew your way through...  through what?  a wet paper bag?..  that gun choice is horrendous!  Neither is any good.  Why they didn't give it the 47mm chinese versions gun I dunno but at least that one can hurt things at teir 5-6 and annoy them or nibble them to death.  Right now all it can do is spot but that depends on your team making use of that spotting. 

Kowski #5 Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18793 battles

Don't use the autoloader. You can't hit anything from range. 

Not that you're gonna penetrate much from far anyways, but at least with the standard peashooter you can try to aim at weak points with every shot.

The chaffee feels good after this trashcan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users