[0.9.20.1] TessuMod, WOT/Teamspeak integration mod v0.6.14 (22.10.2017)

teamspeak mod 3D sound positional audio

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

jhakonen #1 Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1729 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

POPULAR

A modification for integrating TeamSpeak into Wargaming's World of Tanks game.

The mod provides visual feedback in-game when a player speaks in TeamSpeak and positions speakers voice in TeamSpeak so that their voice appears to come from their vehicle's direction on battlefield.

The feedback is same as when you speak to someone using the built-in voice chat. However, in addition the mod enables feedback also when someone in enemy team speaks (provided that the player is in same TS channel with you).

There is also an action notification shown in minimap around speaking player's vehicle:

The mod itself doesn't connect to TS server, but instead it connects to your TS client, so you need to have it running.

The mod notifies in the system notification center when it detects the TS client:

For the mod to be able to recognise which WOT player is currently speaking in TS the speaker should have TessuMod installed.

The mod stores your WOT nickname to TS server. When you talk, other players' mods will retrieve your WOT nickname stored to TS and use it to show you as speaking in-game. 

If the speaker doesn't have TessuMod installed then there are several options to map TS user's nickname to WOT nickname:

• If the TS nickname contains the WOT nickname (big and small letters do not matter) then recognisations works automatically,
  • If the TS nickname contains something else in addition to the WOT nickname, like, clan tag or real name, e.g: "(TAG) wot_nick / real name" then you can configure extractions patterns to extract 'wot_nickname' from the TS-nickname,
  • If the TS nickname is different from WOT nickname then you can configure mapping rules, where e.g. if TS nickname is "Erkki", return instead WOT nickname "3rkk1"

The mod can be configured by editing file res_mods\configs\tessu_mod\tessu_mod.ini. The file is not included with the release package, but is created when you start WOT. This ensures that you don't accidentally overwrite your modifications when updating mod to newer version. The mod automatically reloads the file when ever you change it, so you don't need to restart WOT after changing it.

When the mod manages to successfully map TS user to WOT player the mod will remember the mapping in future even if nickname of a TS user would change. These remembered pairings are stored to res_mods\configs\tessu_mod\tessu_mod_cache.ini.

For enabling audio positioning (3D audio) you need to install TessuMod plugin for TeamSpeak. Plugin's installer is included in mod's release archive. Supports Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (both 32 and 64 bit) operating systems.

Installation:

1. Download TessuMod version 0.6.14 from [Github]
  2. Extract the archive to mods\<version>\ folder.
  3. (mandatory with TeamSpeak 3.1.3+) Enter ClientQuery API key (see TeamSpeak -> Tools -> Options -> Addons -> Plugins -> ClientQuery -> Settings) to mod's settings file (api_key option under section [TSClientQueryService])
  4. (optionalInstall TessuMod plugin to TeamSpeak, installation and configuration instructions are in mod's wiki.

Updating from 0.6.13 (or older) to 0.6.14:

1. Uninstall your previous TessuMod installation first by removing files:
    1. res_mods\0.9.20.1\scripts\client\gui\mods\mod_tessumod.pyc
    2. res_mods\0.9.20.1\scripts\client\gui\mods\tessumod
    3. res_mods\0.9.20.1\TessuMod.txt
    4. res_mods\0.9.20.1\tessumod.ts3_plugin
    5. res_mods\0.9.20.1\gui\tessu_mod
  2. Extract the new release archive to: mods\0.9.20.1.

Once game is started, TessuMod will move mod's configuration files (if any) from res_mods\configs\tessu_mod to mods\configs\tessu_mod.

More information and source codes can be found from Github.

Troubleshooting:

• If the mod fails to connect to your TeamSpeak client, even though it is running, make sure that you have ClientQuery plugin enabled from Settings > Plugins.

Ways to contact me:

My thanks to:

Atom feed for new TessuMod releases - 

Edited by jhakonen, 22 October 2017 - 11:42 AM.

Aslain #2 Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 14600 battles
  • [FX-13] FX-13

Cool mod :)

+1

Plygyf_DK #3 Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 29170 battles
  • [OVODK] OVODK

Nice mod :veryhappy: thanks

jannu01 #4 Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 33013 battles

Sorry my bad english!
Thanks for this useful mod! Someday in future maybe u can configure userlist - at your clan/friend. most of them dont use same names in TS what they using in at battle. maybe u can add them in config.txt file or somewhere :P like...

"urmas" -> "uRmas83",

"taavi" -> "t44vi",

nb: dont change anything at visual part, its very good!!!

Edited by jannu01, 28 September 2014 - 09:49 PM.

DexterMaximus #5 Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18316 battles

View PostAslain, on 28 September 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

Cool mod :)

+1

Please dude!

You know you want too!

BirrettaMalefica #6 Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27870 battles
wow some great mods are outcoming in 9.3 :)

_Jeso_ #7 Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10899 battles
  • [-AMS-] -AMS-

Awesome mod!

+1

Aslain #8 Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 14600 battles
  • [FX-13] FX-13

View PostDexterMaximus, on 29 September 2014 - 12:35 AM, said:

Please dude!

You know you want too!

Hehe You have got me there :)

DarthWanderer #9 Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23067 battles

BIG PLUS !!!

many thanks

Mettkrieger #10 Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37374 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Hey, could you add an Option to get a special Char as Spacer? We in our Clan use this format for our Names: <<InGame Name>> | <<Real Name>>

Additionally it would be nice if you could choose which notifiication you want to show (minimap/player panel)

J_Reese #11 Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18685 battles
works fine ... 

DarthWanderer #12 Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23067 battles
suggestion: remove blinking of your own vehicle, or make it configurable :) i do know when i am speakin :)

jhakonen #13 Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1729 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

View Postjannu01, on 28 September 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

Sorry my bad english!
Thanks for this useful mod! Someday in future maybe u can configure userlist - at your clan/friend. most of them dont use same names in TS what they using in at battle. maybe u can add them in config.txt file or somewhere :P like...

"urmas" -> "uRmas83",

"taavi" -> "t44vi",

As long as all TS users have TessuMod installed there shouldn't be any problem matching the names. The mod stores your WOT user name to your TS client's meta data. The data is visible to all other TS users in the server and their respective mods will query the WOT nickname from your meta data when ever you're talking. So it doesn't matter if your TS nickname and WOT nicknames are different.

However, forcing your friends to install TessuMod just so you can see who's talking isn't, perhaps, best idea either :)

So, maybe a config as you described should be done. As further idea, the file should be propably be easily portable so you can share the config between your friends or clan. 

Thanks for the idea. :)

View PostMettkrieger, on 29 September 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Hey, could you add an Option to get a special Char as Spacer? We in our Clan use this format for our Names: <<InGame Name>> | <<Real Name>>

Additionally it would be nice if you could choose which notifiication you want to show (minimap/player panel)

Perhaps adding some kind of configuration option for matching names with regular expression could work here. I'll add that to my TODO. :)

And, I need to add options also for the different effects as well. I'm slightly worried that using the existing animation (shown around your marker when you target enemy and hit 'T') in minimap could be confusing. Adding own speaking animation would be better option, but that would require editing of minimap.swf and would break compatibility with other minimap mods.

View PostDarthWanderer, on 29 September 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

suggestion: remove blinking of your own vehicle, or make it configurable :) i do know when i am speakin :)

Ok, I'll add a configuration option for that as well.

I like to see myself talking so I can make sure that I haven't broken my own mod with random changes. :D

ZeesuS #14 Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38294 battles

Seems like there is some Finnish modders too, who can do some great mods..

Dunno if its good that it shows it in playerspanel, I would like to see them as separate part of UI, Complete list who is in same channel and who is talking..

I mean that it would work a bit like Teamspeak Overlay plugin.. 

+1 for this mod, but I think I will still keep that overlay installed..

Sattyg #15 Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22290 battles
Awsome work thanks alot :great:

Mettkrieger #16 Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37374 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Thanks for you reply to my suggestions. This is ALREADY a really awesome mod and I like it a lot

j4ckb4u3r #17 Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18222 battles
  • [DSD] DSD
Very cool mod, please keep it up to date with coming versions of WoT.

jhakonen #18 Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1729 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

View PostZeesuS, on 29 September 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Seems like there is some Finnish modders too, who can do some great mods..

Dunno if its good that it shows it in playerspanel, I would like to see them as separate part of UI, Complete list who is in same channel and who is talking..

I mean that it would work a bit like Teamspeak Overlay plugin.. 

+1 for this mod, but I think I will still keep that overlay installed..

I don't really see the mod as replacement for the overlay. Perhaps, with the ability to turn on/off notifications in the mod you could use both the overlay and the mod simultaneously?

I'm not against adding similar features that the overlay provides, but there are other things, like the positional audio which I would like to tackle first. I also have never programmed with flash before, so creating UI stuff is not going to be a walk in a park for me.

Of course, if there is someone familiar with the overlay, knows flash modding and wishes to add such stuff, I would gladly accept help :)

Tomsa #19 Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26225 battles
  • [ZWACK] ZWACK
Great mod! I suggest a hotkey to turn on/off the mod if possible.

DarthWanderer #20 Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23067 battles

while giving suggestions, what about giving us separate option tu turn on/off blinking on minimap and in players panel?

usecase: i usually do know who is speaking, but sometimes it is hard to find out the right vehicle on the map fast enough. blinking in PP just disturbs my eyes, so i'd turn it off if possible

and i found an error - when quitting TS while game is running (not necessary while in battle), my nick keeps blinking with TS off

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users