SPG nerf buff balance broken coockies

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Globa #1 Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 5861 battles
  • [-LOA-] -LOA-

Ofte do i sees posts on the forum and comments ingame that arty is Op, "the enemy arty shot at me once and destroyed my tank". Yeah, it may have hit you once but he probably fired three times, he just hit outside your view range the two other times, or he won't be able to fire again for another minute and a half. 

Lately when I've been playing SPG's I have felt that the hit ratios when the enemy covers 80% of the aim circle I've missed 80% gotten "that was close" 15% hit and done 10 damage 4% and done full damage 1% of the time. And yet when I hit I hear the players scream"NERF". 

I've been playing since closed beta and the SPG's now is unrecognisable compared to then, when the arty was the hammer of the gods, and people really feared the arty players. Now when players complain about arty being OP I feel it's the same as complaining that seat in your Mercedes SL is a bit hard.

And to those who post replays of arty getting 4 frags with the title "nerf arty", I wonder what the reaction would have been if every replay where a heavy or medium tank had gotten 4+ frags with the title "nerf this class". I have yet to see an arty with top gun. 

In my experience I have been able to deal 200-400 dpm with arty if I hit 100% of the shots, which a medium can deal reliably in 20 seconds and heavies can match that with a single shot, and the arty has that dpm if it hits with the shots(referring to my accuracy statement above)

When I played WoT a year and a half a go, I played TD's and SPG's, when playing TD I got sharpshooter badges left right and center and yet had an accuracy rating of 52%, and arty has been nerfed since then. And not only do I have the vehicle stats working against me, I also have the map designs, the maps force arty to stay in one location and fire in small arcs or to go to the front and get slaughtered, for if an enemy has the choice of shooting a half health tiger or full health arty, they choose too expose the entire tank to get a shot in to the arty.

I feel like the arty needs a buff rather than a nerf, not to the proportions as it was after the beta, but more than they are now, or the hills on maps need to be "nerfed" as an average arty player can get about 500 damage in a game whereas any other class(except suicidal lights) can get above that with ease.

-Globa

Seedling #2 Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10860 battles
  • [6PACK] 6PACK
Arties can get Top Gun, but they'd need to be lucky with reloads and splash/hit near-death tanks with every shot. Bishop and FV304 are probably the most likely candidates due to their firing rate and arc, and the FV304 would get half his kills from derping the enemy's SPGs at the end of the match.

_MR_Blobby_ #3 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11460 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I'm sorry but spgs doing 1,200 damage or more is completely OP and broken!!!!!! How does anyone compete with that they sit in the back look at a map toss themselves of and continually do that level of damage its crazy the only people who say it ain't op is the ones using them as they dont want them to be nerfed. I'd rather have the five spg per game mm system with nerfed spgs then this stupidly unbalanced mechanic. I dont understand why artilly is in a tank game for one. And now theyres going to be fcking cars to ruin the game even more. They need to stop with the stupid broken mechanic adding and sort their sht our first personally. If u disagree your obviously a spg player!

mpf1959 #4 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25149 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
:arta::B

Darth_Clicker #5 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59634 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostDPM_Warlord, on 13 September 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

I'm sorry but spgs doing 1,200 damage or more is completely OP and broken!!!!!! How does anyone compete with that they sit in the back look at a map toss themselves of and continually do that level of damage its crazy the only people who say it ain't op is the ones using them as they dont want them to be nerfed. I'd rather have the five spg per game mm system with nerfed spgs then this stupidly unbalanced mechanic. I dont understand why artilly is in a tank game for one. And now theyres going to be fcking cars to ruin the game even more. They need to stop with the stupid broken mechanic adding and sort their sht our first personally. If u disagree your obviously a spg player!

It's a game, not real life.  Chill out and enjoy the game and life.

Abusemtex #6 Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27586 battles
  • [-RED-] -RED-

What you call OP is the fact that this class can hit enemies without having to fear counter fire. No other tank class can do something like that.

It's not about doing a lot of damage or getting a lot kills. It's about interrupting the game flow by forcing everyone to play arty safe which is NOT preventing camping - it promotes camping.

A lot of vehicles rely on speed an manuverability to be able to flank which includes crossing ofen areas or take positions which are not arty safe.

The whol class should not be nerfed or buffed, it should be scrapped once and for all.

Darth_Clicker #7 Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:27 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59634 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostAbusemtex, on 17 September 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

What you call OP is the fact that this class can hit enemies without having to fear counter fire. No other tank class can do something like that.

It's not about doing a lot of damage or getting a lot kills. It's about interrupting the game flow by forcing everyone to play arty safe which is NOT preventing camping - it promotes camping.

A lot of vehicles rely on speed an manuverability to be able to flank which includes crossing ofen areas or take positions which are not arty safe.

The whol class should not be nerfed or buffed, it should be scrapped once and for all.

The reason why arty is designed to sit away from the fighting and attack is because arty basically has no defenses against tanks.  Most have basically no armor, terrible view range, terrible mobility, and terrible gun handling.  Instead of only focusing on what arty can do that tanks can't, how about spending equal time on focusing on what tanks can do that arty can't?  The list of what makes tanks OP when compared to arty is giant in comparison to the list of arty over tanks.

It is a game.  Play it and have fun.  If it isn't fun, try a different game.

Also tagged with SPG, nerf, buff, balance, broken, coockies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users