The best gun on the T37!

T37

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: T37 Guns (404 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

The best gun on the T37

1. 76 mm Gun T102 (Autoloader) (108 votes [26.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.73%

2. Voted 76 mm Gun T91 (Not Autoloader) (296 votes [73.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.27%

Vote Hide poll

3Form #21 Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17658 battles

View PostVolpeus, on 18 October 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Ummm... I'm missing an option in the poll - the old chafee gun - T94

Im maybe way too crazy, but the 2nd is really the best one for me. Tried the autoloader on test and its abysmal DPM scared me of. Tried the "better" non autoloader and the dispersion and aimtime was like a day and night compared to the second gun.
Yeah you might lose a bit penetration, but the accuracy on the move with the T94 is way better to live with this handicap. With a tank that has 680 HP and sees tanks like E75 and Obj 704 you cant waste your time aiming. Just pop out, shoot, screw aiming. For tier 9 Heavies sides you have to use gold anyway, 13mm pen more wont make you pen reliably anyway.
And btw - t94 also has the highest DPM of all t37 guns. Not by much, but stil higher than t91.
Try it out and see for yourself ;)

The T94 has slightly better aim time in return for slighty worse accuracy. The dispersion values on the move/traverse are exactly the same. The T91 also has better shell velocity. I'd much rather have the higher penetration than 60!!! more damage per minute! Okay, it weighs slightly more too, but I still think you're crazy! :)

View PostCobra6, on 14 October 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

Autoloader plain and simple. In a light tank you are not supposed to go at enemies frontally and when you have their sides and rear 137 pen is more than enough.

With the autoloader you can do a lot of damage in a short period of time and retreat to reload. With the single shot gun you have to expose yourself more frequently to put the shots in and that is something you don't want to do in a tank without armour.

Closed the grind on this one off with 3.747,96 wn8 and 62% win ratio over 55 battles. All with the autoloader, didn't bother with the "better" single shot gun.

Cobra 6

2.9s reload changed to 2s reload and then hobbled with an 18s clip reload really doesn't justify itself to me, especially with the lower penetration, also the worse soft stats. You should try the "better" single shot gun.

I tried the autoloader on the test server and it really didn't gel with the way I wanted to play the tank. Each to their own though I suppose :)

Rostknaller #22 Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27423 battles

Yea I looked at it in tank inspector too, but in-game its a difference. Im a guy who doesnt notice a difference between having fuel consumables on or not, so it has to be quite a deal. Stop'n'go shots connect way more often, so i'd be suprised if it was only because of that aim time.

Values in tank inspector for new LTs arent done yet (look at camo values - see?) so id take them with a grain of salt for now, until guys over at RU server manage to dig them out.

Its not about 13 pen vs 60 dpm, but about not having the need to aim. But the are many ways to play these so whatever :P

P.S. Gimme the option in the poll already :D

3Form #23 Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17658 battles

View PostVolpeus, on 18 October 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Camo factor can't be gleaned from the game files, it has to be done by manual testing, that's why.

Everything else is lifted straight from your game install!

TomiF #24 Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25327 battles
Autoloader, because when you get opportunity to shoot, you usually have only very limited time to shoot before enemies will start to aim at you. This means autoloader makes more shots during these opportunities. After shooting you have to wait in cover for enemies to lose interest in you or change position anyway and that usually takes more time than your autoloader's reload time. Also when you make drive byes you usually can't stay shooting longer than what it takes you to unload the clip. Only time when single shot gun is better is when you can sit and shoot on reload longer than 12 seconds and those situations are not very common in a tank without armor.

OffMeTree #25 Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5646 battles
My vote is for the non-auto loader, much better penetration.

MrClark56 #26 Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6193 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTomiF, on 29 October 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

Autoloader, because when you get opportunity to shoot, you usually have only very limited time to shoot before enemies will start to aim at you. This means autoloader makes more shots during these opportunities. After shooting you have to wait in cover for enemies to lose interest in you or change position anyway and that usually takes more time than your autoloader's reload time. Also when you make drive byes you usually can't stay shooting longer than what it takes you to unload the clip. Only time when single shot gun is better is when you can sit and shoot on reload longer than 12 seconds and those situations are not very common in a tank without armor.

i think the autoloader could be ok if it had the same pen as the top non autoloader gun..  the difference in pen from 150 to 137 is not much on paper but seems to be alot in game.

tumppi776 #27 Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43456 battles
  • [DPG-I] DPG-I

View PostMrClark56, on 27 November 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

i think the autoloader could be ok if it had the same pen as the top non autoloader gun..  the difference in pen from 150 to 137 is not much on paper but seems to be alot in game.

Either that or 6 rounds per clip with the pen it has now. As is it just falls too much short compared to the top manually loaded gun.

Edited by tumppi776, 27 November 2014 - 09:50 AM.

Eila_Juutilainen #28 Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21125 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostMrClark56, on 27 November 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

It's 9.4% more pen if you convert the absolute values. Significant difference.

The autoloader is better against tier 6-7 tanks (yay Stronkhold), but the other gun can more easily pen the higher tier (8-9) tanks it will meet in Randoms.

Edited by Eila_Juutilainen, 27 November 2014 - 09:54 AM.

Schnurx #29 Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:22 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18178 battles
The only option where I found the autoloader to be better than the best manual loading gun is in close combat with other light tanks. For everything else the higher pen single is superior.

iulian95rosu #30 Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15762 battles
  • [RD-WS] RD-WS
76 mm Gun T91 (Not Autoloader). This gun gain a lot of damage even in tier 8 games and the reload time is more than decent.

narrwass #31 Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35658 battles
  • [-RSGG] -RSGG
Rushed by tomato amx 12t? Yeah ill get the autoloader .

Wlosy #32 Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7887 battles

Actually the two guns just require different play styles. I used to play with the single shot and it was fine, but since i switched to auto loader i'm having 2k dmg games much more often. I find that the auto loader suits me better. It allows me to dominate other scouts and low tier meds, the penetration is not a big deal. With 150 pen you'll have trouble going through most heavies frontally, and when you have their side it makes no difference. Auto loader has enough penn to go through most weak spots. It allows for incredibly strong hit and run tactics, where you wait for a heavy/med to fire the poke and put several shells in a row into him before he reloads. The single shot is more suited for a spotter/sniper role while the auto loader is more of a harasser/flanker gun. 

P.S. The single shot might have higher DPM but to use it you need to keep the gun singing and that means exposing yourself. Unless you far enough that you can remain hidden. This usually means than with an auto loader you minimize the time the enemy has to shoot at you.

View Post3Form, on 18 October 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

2.9s reload changed to 2s reload and then hobbled with an 18s clip reload really doesn't justify itself to me, especially with the lower penetration, also the worse soft stats. You should try the "better" single shot gun.

The difference between 2.9s and 2s means that in the 8 seconds after you start firing: the auto loader will put 5 shots into the enemy, the single shot will put 3. On the field the difference of 2 shots is a lot, especially that once you shoot an enemy you have only that much time before he hides... or gets killed by someone else;D

Edited by Wlosy, 13 June 2015 - 07:27 PM.

podian #33 Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23679 battles
Too little clip potential; one miss and you can't kill an equal tier LT. I had a couple battles with autoloader, got screwed over by pretty much any other T6 LT, went back to single-shot.

DatNerdSwag #34 Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14960 battles
  • [EUTFE] EUTFE

Even though the single shot is objectively better, I never had any luck with it so I swapped it out for the Autoloader. Straight away I was doing >1.5k damage per game and topping team lists.

Realistically, the T37 is a giant tank, and is fairly sluggish when it comes to changing direction and speed. With the autoloader, I found it best to be a cautious passive scout, and then once the enemy team is whittled down enough, you can just start jumping half health top tiers. As long as you place your shots carefully, the 137 pen is enough to butter most tier 9s from the side and back (except the Russians. Screw you spaced side armour!) and I rarely found myself needing premium rounds. Essentially, it turned from a mediocre light to a great medium. 

The T37 is just too big to be a dedicated scout, so I found this run and gun end game tactic to work best. Along with that, you can generally eliminate enemy lights very quickly with the autoloader at the start if it comes down to it. Just don't let yourself get caught on your own, because that 17.5 second reload with a 100% crew will get you killed if you get into a knife fight with another light that doesn't have to worry about long reloads.

Of course, just my opinion, but I disliked the T37 with the single shot, and adored it with the autoloader.

Maybe it was all placebo, but it worked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enforcer1975 #35 Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
So after a bit of a disappointment on the post-nerf Chaffee, don't get me wrong it is a fun tank nonetheless and it will be a keeper with it's designated crew, i am pleasently surprised by the increased combat capability of the T37 ( i had a lot of free xp left so i researched everything but not the autoloader ). It is a bit sluggish though but as long as you keep up the speed it is pretty nimble. Just circled another T6 scout on Windstorm...seems i hit his ammorack or he already gave up. Didn't even get shot back once for six shots done.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 24 March 2016 - 11:52 PM.

CptLunar #36 Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 42746 battles
single gun is better cz on lower tier ppl yolo a lot its more consistant and much better pen

Also tagged with T37

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users