best beginning tank

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

wiebeldiek #1 Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
hello

wahat is the best beginning tank?
i firts had a ms-1 comletely upgraded and with elite sign but i can't hit anywone
than i have took the T1 Cunningham and in my first battle with that tank i had killed one enemy and give critical damage to the other one.
so wahat is the best beginner tank

ps: is the crew of 3 man in the Leichtetraktor really better?

Homer_J #2 Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Sounds like you might have been playing with a 50% crew.  Training them up makes a big difference.

The tier 1 tanks are fairly similar, it's more about where you want to go after that.

Denial #3 Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
MS-1, but there's not much in it.

If you want to hit, you need to make sure you've taken the time to line up your shot right, and that you have positioned yourself to shoot at an enemy who has very little cover from you. You want the aiming circle to be about the size of their tank, or smaller (your shot has a ~97% chance to land inside that circle - but will usually be towards the middle of it).

The 3-man crew makes almost no difference.

Positioning and cover are key - learn to use them. Perhaps watch what some of the most successful people on your team are doing, after you die.

sgt_quark #4 Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Just enjoy playing to start with and get to know the maps, also get some tier 2 tanks and do the same.

After a while you will start to find you want to play in a certain way when you know more about the game, that's when you need to decide which tanks to go for next.

DedoOK #5 Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
If you want to hit hard directly from begining of the playing WOT i advice you to buy premium german 2nd tier tank PzKpfw 38H735 (f). It is heavy armored and has very precise and fast shooting cannon. You will dominate on war field, especially in 1st lvl battles (when max tier of a tank - 2). But it is premium tank what means than you will not have a possibility to investigate new tanks and equipment. You will only play on this tank and so on - but it is good way if you want to dominate other players.

If we are speaking about 1st lvl tanks, best tank, as i suppose, is MS-1 due to his 45mm cannon, which can strongly harm even 2-3 tiers tanks. If you will have 100% crew, camouflage net and 45mm cannon you can only sit into a bush and dish out you shells )

If we are speaking about 2nd tier tank, then i cant call the best among of them - all tanks haves strong and weak sides, so you should decide, what exactly you like in tank: may be strong cannon, but weak armor? or may be low speed with hard armor? Or may be you like sitting into a bush, be invisible and kill foes from big distance? it all depends only from you. All tanks are strong and deliver much of fun. As for me - i played on BT-2, because this tank has very hight speed - and i like it)

But you should remember that all tanks in stock and with low trained crew cant deliver much fun. I hope my advices will be carefull for you. Good luck!

P.S. sorry for my English =)

DrBake #6 Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:24 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I think the most durable tier-1 tank is leichtetractor. With the upgraded turret it can take a lot of punishment. I would certainly suggest that one, for someone starting the game. My favorite gun is the Breda (it quickly shreds Tier-1 tanks in short ranges)

Foka #7 Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
It is common mistake to choose "best begining tank". You should ask yourself what tank you want to get in the end. What would you help if the best beginning tank would be MS-1 if you would like to have Maus? Nothing!

You'll play t1-2 tanks 2-3 days maximum (I'm not counting coming back for fun), then you'l go higher. So what's difference about t1 tanks?

Choose what you want to achive, what tank to get, in let's say 2 months, and then you have your choice.

wiebeldiek #8 Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
hello

thanks for the reply's
@st-61 you richt i have played 3 day's and i have bought a medium m2 tank.
he is better than the tier 1 tanks h cause you aren't dieing so fastand you don't have to waith the whole time untill a enymy come to you.

Loon #9 Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
The US has some very good low tier tanks. Infact upto the M3 Lee it is pure and simple fun. You have to remember crews don't really work well until on about 80%.

Try to avoid just upgrading when you have the XP to the next tank and spend a bit of time to learn the tank. Saying that The M3 Stuart is a hoot and fully upgraded is great little scout with a fairly good gun.

Take your time and enjoy the game.

loon ;)