M41 Bulldog Crew and Equipment.

M41 Bulldog Crew skills Equipment

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Knerd #1 Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15421 battles

The forum is allready flodding with posts about the new M41 Walker Bulldog, but i don't really see one addressing Crew Skills and Equipment.

I have reached my 2nd crew skill now, and i'm dropping my Commander to 6th sense. That can't be debated. 

My crew lineup is this at the moment:

Commander/Radio: 6th Sense, ??

Gunner: Snap Shot, Camo

Driver: Smooth Ride, ??

Loader: Safe Stowage, Camo

I like to play aggressively and put the autoloader gun to good use, witch is why i run the Snap Shot and Smooth Ride combo.

Up untill now, i have had Situational Awareness on the Commander/Radio, to give me more viewrange, but i'm not sure if that's the way to go or if i should focus on Camo for the 2nd skill instead.

I'm also unsure about the Driver: Camo or Off Road Driving?

As for equipment, I run with Optics, Vents and Vert.Stab, since i'm more an active scout than a passive/sniping light tank.

What do you guys think? What do you use?

azakow #2 Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 84925 battles

LT = max camo

aggressive = max agility / mobility

aggressive = max accuracy

hence:

Commander: SS, camo

Gunner: snap shot, camo

Driver, off road, clutch braking, camo

Loader, camo, repair

modules: vent, optics, v-stab

consubales: large med, large repair, auto fire ext.

You will be seen early, hence i would pospone aggressive play until mid 3rd skill, until then:

Commander: SS, camo, sit awareness

Gunner: camo, snap shot, repair

Driver, off road, clutch braking, camo

Loader: camo, repair, FF

consubales: large med, large repair, coke.

My setup is:

Commander: SS, camo, Recon, repair

Gunner: camo, snap shot, dead eye, repair

Driver, off road, clutch braking, smooth ride, camo

Loader: camo, repair, safe storage, FF

consubales: large med, large repair, auto fire ext.

Mind that smooth ride does not work when you turn your hull.

Zip_Zap #3 Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19381 battles
I totally disagree about abandoning sixth sense!
But if you choose to do that then forget about camouflage, you don't need it, you simply have to assume that you have been spotted all the time.

tumppi776 #4 Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

Major

• Player
  • 49984 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

I have configured aggressive setup. That said I am dropping fast in WR (60% @ 200 GPL -> 56% @ 280 GPL) so might revert back to Camo based - as this kind of setup / gameplay might not be whats good for WBD:

+20% to accuracy during movement and turret rotation
Vertical Stabilizer Mk 1
+50% ammo rack durabilitythis is IMO must for aggressiva gameplay - you dont want to get one shotted by ammorack exploding - more scoutish setup will use Optics
"Wet" Ammo Rack Class 1
+5% to all crew skills
Improved Ventilation Class 1

commander.png Commander brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms commander_sixthSense.png Sixth Sense commander_eagleEye.png Recon, 66%    
  gunner.png Gunner brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms gunner_smoothTurret.png Snap Shot camouflage.png Camouflage, 50%    
  driver.png Driver brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms driver_smoothDriving.png Smooth Ride driver_badRoadsKing.png Off-Road Driving, 51%    
  loader.png Loader brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms camouflage.png Camouflage repair.png Repairs, 50%

azakow #5 Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84925 battles

View Posttumppi776, on 28 October 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

I have configured aggressive setup. That said I am dropping fast in WR (60% @ 200 GPL -> 56% @ 280 GPL) so might revert back to Camo based - as this kind of setup / gameplay might not be whats good for WBD:

Vertical Stabilizer Mk 1
+50% ammo rack durabilitythis is IMO must for aggressiva gameplay - you dont want to get one shotted by ammorack exploding - more scoutish setup will use Optics
"Wet" Ammo Rack Class 1
+5% to all crew skills

commander.png Commander brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms commander_sixthSense.png Sixth Sense commander_eagleEye.png Recon, 66%    
  gunner.png Gunner brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms gunner_smoothTurret.png Snap Shot camouflage.png Camouflage, 50%    
  driver.png Driver brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms driver_smoothDriving.png Smooth Ride driver_badRoadsKing.png Off-Road Driving, 51%    
  loader.png Loader brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms camouflage.png Camouflage repair.png Repairs, 50%

I assume you like to have feedback on this setup.

What does agressive gameplay on M41 WB mean to you?

I'm asking, because I would setup my vehicle and my crew very different, in order order to be aggressive and successful.

I would not recommend aggressive gameplay below mid 3rd skill. Oh you are at mid 3rd skill already.

So let's look at the modules first.

I assume the wet ammo rack is there, because you get hit often and you are using a regular gun.

Being hit often is due to being seen early.

1st rule while LTing is: Do not get hit!

There are two parts that enable you not to get hit:

• camo
  • mobility/nimbleness (off-road and clutch braking)

Your current skill training lacks both abilities.

In order to be agressive, you must see you targets as early as possible (All preditors have perfect eyes.).

Your current skill training and module setup does not reflect that at all.

The use of optics is a must for any agressive gameplay. You assessment of optics being more scoutish seems false to me.

You are training recon (+2%), instead of situational awareness (+3%) in view range.

Agressive also means dealing damage, which means hitting targets (snap shoot, smooth ride, v-stab).

Since you are at a very high risk when fighting you should make sure your hits also hurt (dead eye).

I suspect that you are not able to use the smooth ride skill at all.

Could you porvide one or two replays, that show the use of this skill during your actions?

I'm asking, because it takes a little more than the crew skill training in order to be able to use the advantage it can generate for you.

My experience is, it is rather situational and I might be able to use it for 3-5 shots within 20 matches on M41 WB.

So what would be my setup?

Commander: SS, camo, sit awareness (66%)

Gunner: camo, snap shot, repair (50%)

Driver, off road, clutch braking, camo (51%)

Loader: camo, safe storage, repair (50%)

Modules: vent, optics, v-stab

What has changed?

• view range: 423m -> 460m (+8%)
  • camo value: 20.26 -> 25.03  (+20%)
  • durability of ammo rack is improved
  • mobility is improved: brick on tracks -> "how to handle that Border Collie"

What about BIA?

Many will say BIA is the skill to have.

I have taken BIA into account for my calculations.

I come to the conclusion that it will give you some, but not enough advantages for your intentions.

I suggest to try this setup on the current CT server and see the effects for yourself.

Also I recommend to work on your aiming procedures, since your current hitrate of 69% is sub optimal.

The high RoF of your gun will never be able to compensate the losses of bad aiming, hence take your time to aim!

:honoring:

Edited by azakow, 28 October 2014 - 06:37 PM.

tumppi776 #6 Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:38 AM

Major

• Player
  • 49984 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

View Postazakow, on 28 October 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

I assume you like to have feedback on this setup.

So what would be my setup?

Commander: SS, camo, sit awareness (66%)

Gunner: camo, snap shot, repair (50%)

Driver, off road, clutch braking, camo (51%)

Loader: camo, safe storage, repair (50%)

Modules: vent, optics, v-stab

What has changed?

• view range: 423m -> 460m (+8%)
  • camo value: 20.26 -> 25.03  (+20%)
  • durability of ammo rack is improved
  • mobility is improved: brick on tracks -> "how to handle that Border Collie"

What about BIA?

Many will say BIA is the skill to have.

I have taken BIA into account for my calculations.

I come to the conclusion that it will give you some, but not enough advantages for your intentions.

I suggest to try this setup on the current CT server and see the effects for yourself.

Also I recommend to work on your aiming procedures, since your current hitrate of 69% is sub optimal.

The high RoF of your gun will never be able to compensate the losses of bad aiming, hence take your time to aim!

Wasn't expecting feedback - but +1 for you sir :-) that good stuff..

What you suggest is almost what I had previously.  I'll propably go for Safe Stovage + Optics - but have to think about how much skills to reset. If skill reset was -50% would just do gold reset on all.

Will keep the BiA but reset loader skill with 90% option. then replace wet-ar with optics again. So Camo will stay bad until there's skill reset -50% campaign again.

GuzganuRozaliu #7 Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33050 battles

My setup goes like this:

Equipment: Vertical Stabiliser / Coated Optics / Improved Ventilation.

Crew skills:

• Commander: Sixth Sense    / Situation Awareness.
  • Gunner:        Snap Shot      / Camouflage
  • Driver:           Smooth Ride  / Camouflage
  • Loader:         Safe Stowage / Camouflage

Safe Stowage is important since you have a very weak ammo rack.

Situational Awareness brings up a serious boost in view range ( 458 to 475 ) which could be more important than camo sometimes.

The dispersion skills help you take clutch shots, since you are vulnerable and you have low Alpha and you'll be taking pot shots pretty often.

The M41 Bulldog has ground resistance stats and traverse speed similar to a T-62A, so I see absolutely no reason for Clutch Breaking or Off Road Driving before the 4th skil.

azakow #8 Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84925 battles

View PostGuzganuRozaliu, on 09 November 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

My setup goes like this:

Crew skills:

Situational Awareness brings up a serious boost in view range ( 458 to 475 ) which could be more important than camo sometimes.

The dispersion skills help you take clutch shots, since you are vulnerable and you have low Alpha and you'll be taking pot shots pretty often.

The M41 Bulldog has ground resistance stats and traverse speed similar to a T-62A, so I see absolutely no reason for Clutch Breaking or Off Road Driving before the 4th skil.

I do not comprehend what you are saying. Could you please elaborate. Thank you.

Eila_Juutilainen #9 Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21476 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View Postazakow, on 10 November 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

I do not comprehend what you are saying. Could you please elaborate. Thank you.

He's saying that Snap Shot and Smooth Ride help firing on the move and making unaimed shots, which he thinks is needed since the tank is vulnerable.

tumppi776 #10 Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:35 AM

Major

• Player
  • 49984 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD
Big thanks to azakow - I got my Bulldog gameplay back on enjoyable and successfull track. After revision racked up 22 wins 10 losses. Heres the modified setup:

Vertical Stabilizer Mk 1
+10% to view range, up to a range of 500 m
Coated Optics
+5% to all crew skills

commander.png Commander brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms commander_sixthSense.png Sixth Sense camouflage.png Camouflage, 71%    
  gunner.png Gunner brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms gunner_smoothTurret.png Snap Shot camouflage.png Camouflage, 70%    
  driver.png Driver brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms camouflage.png Camouflage driver_badRoadsKing.png Off-Road Driving, 64%    
  loader.png Loader brotherhood.png Brothers in Arms loader_pedant.png Safe Stowage camouflage.png Camouflage, 66%    

Edited by tumppi776, 12 November 2014 - 07:35 AM.

azakow #11 Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:08 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 84925 battles

View PostGuzganuRozaliu, on 09 November 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 10 November 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

He's saying that Snap Shot and Smooth Ride help firing on the move and making unaimed shots, which he thinks is needed since the tank is vulnerable.

This is also my assumption.

I was asking because, my understanding of "pot shots" is shooting at close ranges.

Moreover I assume the reasoning is, once I go fight I want to make sure to deal damage no matter whether the vehilce is valnurable or not.

This makes sence, indeed. I suspect, that the effect of Smoth Ride is not present at all when doing so, since it takes a driving procedure at the keyboard to work. This procedure cannot be applied when fighting at close ranges.

I have trained Smoth Ride on my driver, but I am rarely able to use it, maybe 5 shots in 20 matches.

Hence it should have a low training priority.

This is my reasoning to give the Clutch Braking skill training a higher priority.

This skill enables me to change direction much faster when fighting at close ranges.

A very important ability, when reacting to a current battle situation.

To train Clutch Braking very late, may be sufficient for an idividual playstyle.

For fighting at close ranges Clutch Braking skill is the cutting edge to me.

@tumppi776

Thank you. Good to hear. GL.

Edited by azakow, 12 November 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Eila_Juutilainen #12 Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21476 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View Postazakow, on 12 November 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

I was asking because, my understanding of "pot shots" is shooting at close ranges.

No, it's basically unaimed or even careless shooting. From the dictionary:

• Firing a weapon in the general direction of an intended target is referred to as a potshot. Often used metaphorically or rhetorically also, as in "The speaker took a potshot at the absent councilperson."

azakow #13 Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84925 battles

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 12 November 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

No, it's basically unaimed or even careless shooting. From the dictionary:

• Firing a weapon in the general direction of an intended target is referred to as a potshot. Often used metaphorically or rhetorically also, as in "The speaker took a potshot at the absent councilperson."
Thx for clearing this up for me.

Obsessive_Compulsive #14 Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:06 PM

General

• Player
  • 28763 battles
thanks for sharing all this info chaps im looking forward to this tank so far the new line is great!

boemboemdood #15 Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47259 battles
  • [B00T] B00T

My setup is:

Crew skills:

• Commander: Sixth Sense    / Camouflage / mentor (40%)
  • Gunner:        Snap Shot      / Camouflage / repair (12%)
  • Driver:           Smooth Ride  / Camouflage / off road driving (9%)
  • Loader:         Safe Stowage / Camouflage / repair (10%)

when my 3rd skill is at 75% im gonna make 2nd skill BiA and 3rd all camo

IronfistLT #16 Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 31418 battles

View PostGuzganuRozaliu, on 09 November 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

My setup goes like this:

Crew skills:

You don't use repairs at all ?

tnk_x5000 #17 Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31901 battles

I am with BiA, because the crew used to drive the T49, where I needed a different build. So, that skill remained. Second is camo and some gun stabilization. Honestly, in this case BiA works well from mobility perspective and is the only option for increasing the ROF or clip reload, depending on your choice of gun. Yeah, currently I am not using Off-road Driving nor Clutch Braking, but like I said, BiA works fine and comes with other improvements. Don't worry, I have 6th Sense.

Vert. Stab, Vents and Optics for both combat and scouting improvements, standard build for active scout/medium hybrid.

View PostIronfistLT, on 28 April 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

You don't use repairs at all ?

Why would you need that? The tank is good as dead once it gets immobilized. Light tank "armor" is about not getting hit at all, so anything that can stop or just slow your tank lowers the chances of survival. So, repairs are next to useless. It is not surprising to see you asking that, you practically don't play light tanks.

About Clutch braking and Off-Road driving - first go with the second for both extra acceleration and hull traverse, you will need both. Then you can continue with camo and smooth ride, if have not trained that. Clutch Braking is not really that needed for the Bulldog, because the tank's traverse is already quite good on its own, and the skill does not improve the acceleration like ORD does.

Eila_Juutilainen #18 Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21476 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View Posttnk_x5000, on 06 May 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

Why would you need that? The tank is good as dead once it gets immobilized. Light tank "armor" is about not getting hit at all, so anything that can stop or just slow your tank lowers the chances of survival. So, repairs are next to useless. It is not surprising to see you asking that, you practically don't play light tanks.

About Clutch braking and Off-Road driving - first go with the second for both extra acceleration and hull traverse, you will need both. Then you can continue with camo and smooth ride, if have not trained that. Clutch Braking is not really that needed for the Bulldog, because the tank's traverse is already quite good on its own, and the skill does not improve the acceleration like ORD does.

Repairs is nice even on a light tank... as 4th skill or so. Gun handling, BiA and camo are much more important, indeed. You want to get shots off without getting shot back.

CeeDee_2 #19 Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15957 battles
  • [S300E] S300E

This is a somewhat older thread, but may I assume that the above is also valid for the T37?

Right now I am running:

Cmdr: Sixth Sense, Situational Awareness 66%

Gunner: Camouflage, Snap Shot (54%)

Driver: Camouflage, Off-Road Driving (52%)

Loader: Camouflage, Repairs (52%).

Reason for repairs on the loader is because I don't yet want to lose that much camo value when retraining to Safe Stowage.

Equipment I have is Vents, Vstab, optics.

Regards, C.

Also tagged with M41, Bulldog, Crew skills, Equipment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users