Jump to content


Special Public Test: Strongholds


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 24,454
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Join the tests and help us improve the Strongholds game mode!

Full news text


comintogetu #2 Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:47 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29945 battles
  • 681
  • [79HD] 79HD
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

Test starts 02 October - general population told about it on 03 October.

 

Strong communication WG EU, strong.

 

:facepalm:



Erissa #3 Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

    Community Coordinator

  • Player
  • 4768 battles
  • 380
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010

View Postcomintogetu, on 03 October 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Test starts 02 October - general population told about it on 03 October.

 

Strong communication WG EU, strong.

 

:facepalm:

 

Test was delayed so it actually begins today, 3rd of October. :) Delay was communicated to the players here.

 

 

- Erissa



Danamic #4 Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:55 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 28156 battles
  • 35
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

So you are no longer offering clans 20,000 gold for their participation? Going to be a hard sell now.

 

With a test server, people are individually motivated to join it for trying new tanks/maps.

 

For a stronghold test server... there is little motivation for the individual to download 8GB to test clan level features.

 

Our 20,000 gold was going to be distributed among 20-25 players in order to compensate them for the premium days lost while the clan tested out the features.

 

TNAC will try to get players interested but when there is a 3x weekend... without a gold incentive, I suspect players will just want to do normal strongholds.



Jackerino77 #5 Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16564 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    11-20-2012
I don't think giving all clan members the option to make the stronghold and changing some major features is a good idea. Maybe the deputy commanders should get this option instead of just the commander, but the whole clan :amazed: that could cause some bad decisions that other members don't want, plus it takes away its importance and how special it is; to create "The Clans Stronghold".

Danamic #6 Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 28156 battles
  • 35
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011
Its just for the test server... and nothing gets changed on the live server.

Jackerino77 #7 Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16564 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    11-20-2012
 

View PostDanamic, on 03 October 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

Its just for the test server... and nothing gets changed on the live server.

 

Well that answers everything :teethhappy:

PoIestar #8 Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 30791 battles
  • 3,951
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

Why are all these updates so bloody big?

 

8 GB for just a small clan feature, but also in every update?

 

Had to delete my WoT folder once ago, it contained 95 GB.

 

Some people have limited space you know.



L3gi #9 Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 26846 battles
  • 648
  • Member since:
    07-24-2010

View PostLoekie5500, on 03 October 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Had to delete my WoT folder once ago, it contained 95 GB.

 

inside your WoT folder there is another folder called "updates".

You can clear that folder out without troubles after every patch. It contains the patchfiles you downloaded.



PoIestar #10 Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 30791 battles
  • 3,951
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View PostL3gi, on 03 October 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

 

inside your WoT folder there is another folder called "updates".

You can clear that folder out without troubles after every patch. It contains the patchfiles you downloaded.

 

That's useful. Thanks.

mihnea #11 Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 15029 battles
  • 67
  • [DEI] DEI
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
What happened to the historical mode?

Murphy1up #12 Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Military Reserve
  • 11069 battles
  • 7,282
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

View PostDanamic, on 03 October 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

So you are no longer offering clans 20,000 gold for their participation? Going to be a hard sell now.

 

With a test server, people are individually motivated to join it for trying new tanks/maps.

 

For a stronghold test server... there is little motivation for the individual to download 8GB to test clan level features.

 

Our 20,000 gold was going to be distributed among 20-25 players in order to compensate them for the premium days lost while the clan tested out the features.

 

TNAC will try to get players interested but when there is a 3x weekend... without a gold incentive, I suspect players will just want to do normal strongholds.

 

Clans that replied to the thread I posted in the Clan section will get 20,000 gold for their treasury.  

 

We wanted clans who were serious about testing and serious about giving feedback, not clans who just wanted a quick gold fix in return for little participation/comments.   It's a double edged sword.  At the end of the day people should be playing a test server because they want to test stuff, not because there is an incentive in the way of in-game credits.  It's intended to be a thank you, not a lure.



The_Boot #13 Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Commander
  • 17114 battles
  • 761
  • [R0GUE] R0GUE
  • Member since:
    10-17-2012

View PostBriTiSH_TAnKer77, on 03 October 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

I don't think giving all clan members the option to make the stronghold and changing some major features is a good idea. Maybe the deputy commanders should get this option instead of just the commander, but the whole clan :amazed: that could cause some bad decisions that other members don't want, plus it takes away its importance and how special it is; to create "The Clans Stronghold".

 

i think this is just for the test.

Plofkraak #14 Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:51 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8315 battles
  • 203
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013
When will there be end-game contend created wich is not guild-related? The game is getting pretty boring fast when you acquire a couple of T10's...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users