Who Has Had Enough?

Quit Fed up Time to leave

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

GibMeister #1 Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14878 battles

After over 2 years playing this game to a reasonable standard, I have got to the point where the main function of the game has just not improved - its always been poor to play in Randon battles, which is how i play WOT, i have moaned for years about the lack of command and control features within the game for Randoms.

Now I have had enough playing with morons who just run off and play their own game in a chaotic manner.

I'll keep an eye on the Portal and maybe some day they will change the way you play the game in Randoms which allows people who dont all speak english to communicate with each other properly.

For now, I will be waiting for Elite: Dangerous to be released and then I will immerse myself in that for a couple of years I guess?

All the best to the rest of you!

Shaka_D #2 Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 37657 battles
It's a love hate relationship, we love the game but we hate the developers and what they're doing..oh well.

Element6 #3 Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29386 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
With all the different native languages within the region that uses EU servers, proper teamwork is not likely, nor is proper communication. But, however you look at it, this is random battles. Emphasis on random. 

Enforcer1975 #4 Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGibMeister, on 03 October 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

After over 2 years playing this game to a reasonable standard, I have got to the point where the main function of the game has just not improved - its always been poor to play in Randon battles, which is how i play WOT, i have moaned for years about the lack of command and control features within the game for Randoms.

Now I have had enough playing with morons who just run off and play their own game in a chaotic manner.

I'll keep an eye on the Portal and maybe some day they will change the way you play the game in Randoms which allows people who dont all speak english to communicate with each other properly.

For now, I will be waiting for Elite: Dangerous to be released and then I will immerse myself in that for a couple of years I guess?

All the best to the rest of you!

It's no surprise if the majority of the european countries don't even have 25% english speakers, i dare to say most of those english speakers have something better to do than play WoT with their level of education which leaves us with a lot of people who either don't speak the language, are not confident enough to use it or simply don't use it for whatever reason. When even "ping ping" "help" doesn't deliver the message do you expect them to do so when you can communicate? They rather insult you in a the language you have common than have a proper conversation judging from what you read in chat when you try to give advice or warn them of danger ---> "Shut up noob" "You, tomato l2p, i play better than you" etc. I don't expect you to come back any time soon because they won't invent the universal translator until 2151 and even then i don't expect people to cooperate.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 03 October 2014 - 04:05 PM.

_snowfIake__ #5 Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26755 battles
I certainly had enough this morning, WR drop from 53.09 to 52.06 in just one morning... time to delete and go play barbie :child:

BugPowderDust #6 Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17125 battles

I feel your pain. I haven't had enough as such, but I'm just playing worse for no explicable reason. It's weird.

Average dmg and experience are slowly climbing, but according to WN8 I'm playing like an arse. 

http://www.noobmeter...Dust/500021460/

Delinquent_Habits #7 Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11332 battles
In response to the actual question asked by the OP: You.

krazypenguin #8 Posted 03 October 2014 - 04:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Losing streaks and awful random teams get me down, I must admit.  Stronghold and Team Battles are by far my preferred game mode and a good antidote or, if those aren't available, I tend to set myself mini-projects or targets within game that don't rely too much on random team mates.  I find that takes my mind off of the terrible standard of the majority of players.  So recently I did a project on the economics of YOLOing versus playing well, or set myself a specific target that's not win rate dependant, e.g. getting a 2nd MoE on my KV-2.

Edited by krazypenguin, 03 October 2014 - 04:16 PM.

Tonyb1968 #9 Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27420 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

Had a streak yesterday where I played 26 games and had a wr of 19.x%

I was only slightly frustrated :angry:

TheMarketGardener #10 Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:58 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17940 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Personally, I'm having a loads of fun the last month or two... The T37 is my new love affair so to speak... :wub:   :teethhappy:

iamagoblin #11 Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18162 battles
  • [DIRE] DIRE
7 games yesterday, all losses. the most frustrating thing was i did well, top 5 in them all and top of the board twice! got frustrated and angry and read white dwarf in the bath instead. stupid bloody game......

7LV #12 Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18241 battles

Sad thing is: He'll be back

Uzkniso123 #13 Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14630 battles

Dunno, man. I like the game. Then, again, I don't play it everyday, for hours (I actually play a lot of games).

Maybe that's why I don't get fed up with it ..

Dutchmul #14 Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24015 battles

I've lost my mojo since I completed the medium tank mission on sunday. In fact, my get up and go has gotten up and buggered off.

Just doing a daily double or 2 then logging out, just cannot be arsed at the moment.

PAKFA #15 Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16505 battles

Random = random tanks, random skill, random hits, random damage, random penetration, random bounces, random 1shot kills, random maps, random teams, random people, random nations, random outcome of the match = RNG = WoT

The most certain thing you can expect from WoT is to be random. After some time all that random becomes very boring and a break is needed to reset the boredom.

yaourti #16 Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5964 battles
  • [DUMBA] DUMBA
poor diddums.

Rincew1nd #17 Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12906 battles

If you decided yourself to play game mode where proper teamwork is not likely to happen instead of a game mode that evolves around proper team work, you really have no right to whine about the lack of proper teamwork.

I'm sorry, but if you really want higher level of play, you should play CW. You set yourself on a path of disappointment, if you expected random battles to change so drastically and your whining is unreasonable, when you have so much experience already, many would think you'd learn something from 13k battles.

Yamaxanadu #18 Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1215 battles

Random is... Well, random.

Why not find platoon and play with friends?

GibMeister #19 Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14878 battles

View Postnoscream, on 03 October 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

Sad thing is: He'll be back

I came back to read the forum thread, haven't played the game for a while. I know what you are saying, the game is addictive, but you know, I have lasted a week so far, played some Minecraft, been watching Boardwalk empire Series 4. I do think about playing now and then but I haven't yet and i think about it less the more I don't play.

I urge you all to do the same, maybe then WG will change the game for the better.

To respond to the replies about how you get non-english people to communicate - it's easy!

All you need is some form of communication 'rose' think about the old Battlefield system. You can make it fairly complex or simple its up to WG. But we all see the comms rose which will be pre-filled with standard commands such as (thinking out loud here)

1. Form Platoon in game (In english in my rose - in Polish in polish players game etc)

2. Invite Player in game (so i select in English cos my game is English, the pre-defined message I send to the selected player appears in his game in his language - simple)

So now I have created  a platoon in game with a random Pole who has the right tank and has say good stats, he accepts request we both appear as a new colour on the label above our tank so we can see each other more easily.

3. I select from rose the next pre-defined command such as " cover me" or "Scout here coords X,Y" (its all translated at his end as it is pre-defined, i click map and the coords populate so he knows where i want him.

4. He selects accept command or reject command etc

You know, its not rocket science! Maybe I should be part of WG's development team, if they are reading this "Give me a Call and I will help you out!"

The commands list can be as long or short as WG make it, you could have a standard selection and the ability to enable a complex set?

Even this sort of thing would improve randoms, sure it wont solve the issue of having morons who don't want to play the game your way, but I like to think in a team of 15 there is at least 1 or 2 others who are like minded?

GibMeister #20 Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14878 battles

View PostYamaxanadu, on 04 October 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

Random is... Well, random.

Why not find platoon and play with friends?

None of my friends are computer geeks like me thats the problem, I am in a clan but I don't like Clan Battles and I don't like speaking through a mike like a weiner, its too geeky and it annoys the hell out of my wife!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users