• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Shad0wize #1 Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10294 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

http://wotreplays.co...a-shad0wize-t29

So, today, a Hellcat in the same team as I decided to kill me for some apparent reason.

I obviously got a tad pissed, but then I realized something. People are getting this sort of treatment all the time in-game by randoms.

Sometimes unintended but sometimes completely malicious behavior, pure grief.

Thus, I wanted to ask the userbase on the OffTopic section the following:

1. Do you feel like the report system and team-damage thing it's doing its work?

2. Do you feel like you should have an option in which you can confirm that the team-damage was done in a malicious manner?*

Note: The reason for this is having accidental team damage unpunished, besides possibly monetary punishment and nothing else, as obviously some people just where unlucky to hit you or it was complete RNG that they did. I had more than one instance where I was shot by mistake, and despite being angry I didn't feel as it was fair that he got punished for it.

I'd really like a open discussion in regards to this, I wish to hear some opinions regarding it and with your help possibly further improve the damage detection system and thus the quality of the games.

Thank you for the time you took reading this and replying.

basin79 #2 Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:29 AM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles

Team damage is definitely working. You only have to see replays where a blue player stops moving (they've been banned). The report system is pointless for team damage though, or more accurately pointless. Team damage is automatically counted. 

Unfortunately though accidental team damage is a problem. Not so much in regular tanks but when you're in a deathstar with HESH loaded and you've got a tier 10 Leopard in your sights. You pull the trigger only for your own AMX 1390 to drive in front of you it's bad. Instant blue. Doh!!!!!! 

Edited by basin79, 04 October 2014 - 12:32 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:53 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16130 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postbasin79, on 04 October 2014 - 12:29 AM, said:

Unfortunately though accidental team damage is a problem. Not so much in regular tanks but when you're in a deathstar with HESH loaded and you've got a tier 10 Leopard in your sights. You pull the trigger only for your own AMX 1390 to drive in front of you it's bad. Instant blue. Doh!!!!!! 

The worst part is when they just sit there and complain. I haven't had the issue yet of firing a shot only for a teammate to drive into it like 300m away, but I have had atleast 3 Occasions in my E2 and perhaps once in another tank where I've loaded my shell and just as I fire a teammate drives in front of my gun and eats the shot. In all cases, I apologised to them only for them to yell a wall of insults and rant about it in chat.

In one case, it was a Pz. IV H Who drove in front of me (I had been in my position for a lengthy period of time and he could have clearly drove to my side. But instead, he drove in front of my gun and parked himself there and ate a shot from my 105mm howitzer right into the back of his turret. He proceeded to turn and shoot at me a bunch, then drive into a wall and sit there. He contributed nothing more to the game; he just sat there ranting in chat, yelling at the enemy to kill me and repeatedly telling them my exact location while just sitting there parked against a wall with his gun in the air. :sceptic:

basin79 #4 Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 04 October 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:

The worst part is when they just sit there and complain. I haven't had the issue yet of firing a shot only for a teammate to drive into it like 300m away, but I have had atleast 3 Occasions in my E2 and perhaps once in another tank where I've loaded my shell and just as I fire a teammate drives in front of my gun and eats the shot. In all cases, I apologised to them only for them to yell a wall of insults and rant about it in chat.

In one case, it was a Pz. IV H Who drove in front of me (I had been in my position for a lengthy period of time and he could have clearly drove to my side. But instead, he drove in front of my gun and parked himself there and ate a shot from my 105mm howitzer right into the back of his turret. He proceeded to turn and shoot at me a bunch, then drive into a wall and sit there. He contributed nothing more to the game; he just sat there ranting in chat, yelling at the enemy to kill me and repeatedly telling them my exact location while just sitting there parked against a wall with his gun in the air. :sceptic:

It's pathetic when they do that. Fair enough if you pushed them out into the enemy, but for accidentally shooting them it's daft. 

The odd shot won't really do any harm. But it us bad when your high  damage shot connects with a team mate. I got rid of my blue paint within 3 matches I think. 3 really good matches. But it still annoyed me starting the games and feeling the need to explain myself at the start of battle so I wasn't instantly killed by some over zealous team mate. 

Edited by basin79, 04 October 2014 - 12:42 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16130 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postbasin79, on 04 October 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

But it still annoyed me starting the games and feeling the need to explain myself at the start of battle so I wasn't instantly killed by some over zealous team mate. 

I normally don't immediately shoot someone who's blue, but it's amazing just how many people do. The game that I got my MoE on my M4 Sherman was quite an entertaining one. A KV-1 On our team had been basically "stuck" at spawn because of a T-28 Who was blocking him, tracking him, ramming into him and whatnot. The game of course progressed without him and we were largely losing. In the end, the KV-1 Had enough and killed the T-28, turning blue.

That's where it got entertaining. One of the only other teammates still alive immediately went on to try and kill the KV, because he was blue. He had been in the vicinity of the KV-1 Most of the game, so I had to imagine he actually saw what went down, unlike me and a Chi-Nu player who were too busy fighting off the enemy onslaught on our flank. This teammate is then killed by the enemies coming up behind him while he's too focused on trying to kill the blue KV.

That KV Proceeds to drive over to our flank. It's now just the three of us left. At first I'm weary, but he arrives and doesn't even aim my way. The Chi-Nu on our team is busy elsewhere and me and this blue KV Are the only ones defending the base right now. I move ahead of him slightly to spot, while he sits behind a hill and aims at the obvious route they'll take. Not long before we start lighting up targets and we slaughter all but a Pz. III A Who was the first to be spotted, but he got into cover long before we could actually shoot him. Me and the KV Then go together to kill the III A Before he can cap.

Don't get me wrong. It's not idiotic to immediately target a blue teammate, most of the time it does seem likely that they are a teamkiller and they will target you or your other teammates next. But the odd occasion that they aren't, well, they're basically fighting two teams now. Their own and the enemy.

Kuchiki_Byakuya #6 Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5763 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostShad0wize, on 03 October 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

http://wotreplays.co...a-shad0wize-t29

So, today, a Hellcat in the same team as I decided to kill me for some apparent reason.

I obviously got a tad pissed, but then I realized something. People are getting this sort of treatment all the time in-game by randoms.

Sometimes unintended but sometimes completely malicious behavior, pure grief.

Thus, I wanted to ask the userbase on the OffTopic section the following:

1. Do you feel like the report system and team-damage thing it's doing its work?

2. Do you feel like you should have an option in which you can confirm that the team-damage was done in a malicious manner?*

Note: The reason for this is having accidental team damage unpunished, besides possibly monetary punishment and nothing else, as obviously some people just where unlucky to hit you or it was complete RNG that they did. I had more than one instance where I was shot by mistake, and despite being angry I didn't feel as it was fair that he got punished for it.

I'd really like a open discussion in regards to this, I wish to hear some opinions regarding it and with your help possibly further improve the damage detection system and thus the quality of the games.

Thank you for the time you took reading this and replying.

People often call me selfish when I shoot them in the back because just as I press fire they drive infront of my gun and I already turned blue once while defending myself against a teamkiller who didn't turn blue but the team damage system is fine in my opinion.. it should just turn people blue quicker when they keep shooting the same team member.

Lovely avatar btw.

Edited by Kuchiki_Byakuya, 04 October 2014 - 01:12 PM.

basin79 #7 Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
Never defend yourself against a team mate who fires upon you etc. Just let them get on with it. They'll hopefully turn be and get band in that game. Once they are either use them as a spotter or kill them yourself and leave them with a repair bill when they get back on.

Salentine #8 Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23574 battles
the guys who turn blue (and are banned straight away) make good spotters - usually near base, so i leave them alone, but the ones still active can be a real threat to other team members and need to be dealt with swiftly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users